PDA

View Full Version : jayman homes

Sorath
06-20-2010, 04:39 PM
anyone deal with jayman? any good or bad experiences? :dunno: looking to buy in auburn bay. any tips or good deals :dunno:

max_boost
06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
I think JAYMEZ used them to build his house.

gyu
06-29-2010, 08:57 PM
My parents place is built by them, they're pretty decent.
The sales people were nice but put pressure on my parents to make a decision with some bs by saying that the lot my parents were interested in as well as the other 2 beside it were gonna get bought up by one guy for his family if we don't sign.
I know it's not true because the neighbors around aren't related.

Make sure some special requests you make are on paper, like for example my parents wanted a wider door than the french door for the walkout basement but they never did it.
And when they come by to fix the problems you have when you first move in, some things they won't fix for whatever reason :bullshit: , for my parents place the woodfloor by the door that goes out on the deck and the main door have a small section that's splitting (i think from water damage? not sure how) and they wouldn't fix it.

If you have a friend that works in real estate bring them with you and they can get some commission and maybe take a smaller cut of it so you can save some money.
If you buy jaymen and recommend another person to buy from them they can give you a free item for recommending them like a garage door opener or those central vacuums. That's the only deal that I know of.

Don't buy their garage door opener or central vacuum system from them as upgrades, they suck and are expensive. I would also look into the cost of getting a deck built or granite or any other options you can get done from small companies before deciding on getting those upgrades from the builder.

nobb
06-29-2010, 09:26 PM
My experience with them was not so positive.

My parents bought the house right at the beginning of the housing boom roughly 5 years ago. Had a house picked out, contract signed, and the concrete was beginning to get poured for the basement. About 1-2 months into construction Jayman contacted us and basically said to pay up an extra $2000 to cover the increasing costs of materials and whatnot otherwise we'd get our money back and they would sell the house to someone else at the higher market price.

gyu
06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
^ I think my neighbor had that happen him as well, but I can't quite remember since it was around 5 years ago

turbotrip
06-29-2010, 09:39 PM
we built a couple houses with them, no real complaints
they're your average mid level builder

C4S
06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
For Average homes .. they are ok, actually quite good ..

But not for upper class or higher end ... :dunno:

t-im
06-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by C4S
For Average homes .. they are ok, actually quite good ..

But not for upper class or higher end ... :dunno:

I think after The Island, Jayman hasn't touched higher end homes. From a few friends who were going to build there, they had nothing positive to say about the process and looking back are glad they never went through with it.

JordanLotoski
06-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I think JAYMEZ used them to build his house.

Nope jamez built with cardel

Sorath
06-30-2010, 12:17 AM
i was looking mainly at new homes but the pricing of used homes that jordan provided me is spectacular. but i am working a deal with nuvista on a new home.

InRich
06-30-2010, 10:39 AM
in the end man, their all gonna be the same. it all depends on how compitant their particular contractors are for the area your building in

Rarasaurus
06-30-2010, 10:45 AM
We are building in Walden with them. So far they have been great and the work done has been done well. Possession is in one month so we will have to see how the finishing is. So far they have fixed anything we requested them to fix.

liquidpilgrim
07-30-2010, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
anyone deal with jayman? any good or bad experiences? :dunno: looking to buy in auburn bay. any tips or good deals :dunno:

Well they're just good.. i had a friend who had good deal with them.. her place is just so cool and cozy.. really nice crib she got.. :)

autosm
07-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Talked to a Carpenter that worked for Jayman last week about my Jayman house.

His words were "ah that's minimum code" I think that describes them exactly. Unless they have gotten better which I doubt.

House was built 10 years ago long before the boom.

sallinger
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
jayman is great. built with them and had no issues.

JAYMEZ
07-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Parents built with Jayman , they didnt have any complaints at all. I wasnt a fan of there layouts.

monkeyman
07-30-2010, 09:02 PM

ALBERTA_IS
08-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I haven't heard too many complaints with Jayman. But they do have some.

BUT Homes by Avi has hands down the best reputation, I did my research before we built and right now we are building in New Brighton. The builder and the area sales manager have been amazing, just amazing people to deal with. We liked them so much my girlfriend now works for them. Here is a good idea of how to judge a builder, ask them if you can have a 3rd party inspector inspect your home at various stages. The only builder that said yes was Homes by Avi, what does that tell you? All the other builders refused and a few actually were offended and got mad. I can honestly say I do not have a single complaint yet, but I feel that even if I do it will be fixed right away. Avi Amir is a very ethical person and stands behind his products 100%. PM me if you want some contacts in New Brighton.

Alex