PDA

View Full Version : To STANG or not-opinion poll

StRiCkLyReDlInE
09-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Hey guys im new to this but i had a HUGGGGE question. I m gettin a new ride and i was thinking 2002 V6 Mustang... I got roughly 30000 to spend so tell me whats up! The pros and cons (especially the cons cuz i have heard the pros from the dealer) of this car and what would be a better ride. Any imputs would be appricated!!!!!!!

frenchdriver
09-02-2002, 02:42 PM
Dunno much about domestics and personally I like japan/germany cars better.

For $30000 get a third gen rx-7 Twin Turbo (you can find one with low kms for about $20 000) and then get a little engine work and rims/bodykit from hell. :clap:

That's what I would do :dunno:

btw: Welcome to beyond.ca

Weapon_R
09-02-2002, 02:50 PM
You can get the GT for that price I think

RX-7_TWINTURBO
09-02-2002, 02:56 PM
Yeah for 30000 i would not buy a crappy v6 stang

T5_X
09-02-2002, 03:26 PM
Get a 99+ GT if you want a stang. Shit, for 30 grand, you could get a 94 5L and put tons of money into upgrades, including supercharger.

The 99+ V6 mustangs are all right, I've driven one and It had ok power. They're at 193Hp. 220Tq now, but they still can't come close to the GT.

If you absolutly need a brand new car, I'd go with a Sentra SE-R Spec V with money for 5 grand in upgrades, an SVT focus, a VW GTI or a subaru 2.5 RS.

max_boost
09-02-2002, 03:34 PM
I don't know enough about Mustangs to say anything really negative about it but it would not be my choice for a car. In the end it all comes down to whether you want the car or not.

For $30K I would go for RSX or VW Jetta/Golf

Davan
09-02-2002, 04:00 PM
You could definetly get a 99 or 00 or even 01 used Mustang GT for less than 30 large.

TomTom
09-02-2002, 05:06 PM
theres a really fast 95 with they say a nascar engine in it at open road motors for 25G
might still have it

Ekliptix
09-02-2002, 05:10 PM
I'd get a older V8 stang before getting a new V6 one.

Or you could get a used GSR or Prelude

Ed the SOHC
09-02-2002, 06:53 PM
If you want to destroy most ricers out there, don't get the V6 stang... Get the GT and burn most of them.:thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
09-02-2002, 06:58 PM
If your set on new cars i would get an rsx. it's a really sweet car both inside and out.

HRD2PLZ
09-02-2002, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'd go for the RSX, Jetta/GTI, SE-R if you wanted to go brand new. I have 2 buddies that both have 00 V6 Mustangs and they both want to get rid of them. Not to mention the resale on those are :thumbsdow $30K seems like a lot for a V6 Mustang. I'm pretty sure when my cousin bought his GT Convertible brand new he didn't pay more than $33K :dunno:

importadrenelin
09-03-2002, 08:28 PM
For $30K the RSX is a decent choice, if you had a little bit more Cash you could possible get a RSX Type-S or WRX.

Definelty get a 99+ Mustang GT if you HAVE TO get a Mustang,.

TOTALLY BEST way to spend that $30K, by a FD3S(93+ RX7) with a blown engine, ship it up here and have a new engine rebuilt and installed by RX-7 Specialities just the way you want it, so intercooler, port and polish, 3MM seals, single turbo is you want to and you'll be under $30K no problem. Heck for $21K you can get the 7 with the new rebuilt engine with stock twins though.

But if you have to have a Brand New Car then like I said RSX, WRX or Mustang GT.

300rwhp
09-04-2002, 12:29 PM
why is everyone saying rsx? i think there disgusting cars for the price.. i have an 88 gt mustang and i have smoked rsk type s' after giving them head starts! with 30000 you could have an 11 to 12 second mustang NO PROBLEM... go to the mustang shop or western motorsportsd tell them how much money you have they will tell you your exact mustang options. with 30000 you can easily make a supra RAPER.

silenttype23
09-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Yeah a Supra Raper???????? Wether that be true or not .............no matter how fast or how much power the stang has, being seen in an UGLY car??????? Then all the GO doesn't really matter...........You decide:thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
09-04-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
why is everyone saying rsx? i think there disgusting cars for the price.. i have an 88 gt mustang and i have smoked rsk type s' after giving them head starts! with 30000 you could have an 11 to 12 second mustang NO PROBLEM... go to the mustang shop or western motorsportsd tell them how much money you have they will tell you your exact mustang options. with 30000 you can easily make a supra RAPER.

I think he wants a new car and since you can't get a decent stang for 30 grand new, IMO the next best choice would be an RSX. With 30 grand you have a lot of options, it all depends on what your goals are.

SmelltheRubber
09-04-2002, 06:04 PM
Mmmm, for 30k I would agree with the guys above- go for a 1999+ Mustang GT. I have a V6 stang, its not bad, but it would definitely feel nice to have the satisfaction of knowing that a V8 is backing you up. If you get a 99 mustang GT (it has the same body style as the new ones and the same power) it might run you to about 23k. That leaves you seven grand to supercharge or do whatever to that beast and really make it a murderer.
So if your considering a V6, its not too bad on the gas, and can beat alot of shit on the road, but if you have the cash (which you do), then theres no sense in you not getting a GT.

An RSX is nice too, but you'll end up spending all your money with only 200hp to show for it.
In the end, it comes down to whether you want speed (Mustang GT or those turbo RX-7's) or comfort and gas efficiency.

frenchdriver
09-04-2002, 06:11 PM
no trying to influence your decision or anything :D

http://www.tgilmore.com/gfx/dw/IM001201.JPG

RGAGT
09-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Even Thou I'm a domestic Guy If I had 30000 to Spend I'd Buy a Base Civic For 18000 and mod the Hell out of it and Then Let some poor sap in a v6 mustang try and beat you or even I 5.0 But I would also buy a New GTI/JETTA With a turbo Forget the WRx I've had Friends that had them and Said they weren't as fast as everyone makes them out to be and they want like 33000 for them Go for the Spec -v or the Civic

OMOYYC
09-04-2002, 07:29 PM
I personally would never ever buy a mustang, GT or not. I ALWAYS rent mustang GT's when I go on my business trips. They are FAST, but shit they're so frigging uncomfortable! Especially the head rest, it's like 6 inches behind my head!

I'd buy a used Prelude for sure. Actually, I have one for sale! :D

$27500
2001 Prelude SE
Leather
Fully Loaded
Awesome condition
Silver/Blue Colour
Rear Spoiler
Type SH Wheels

PM me if you're interested!

importadrenelin
09-04-2002, 09:35 PM

A Supra Raper.. you could do that.... but the crappy thing is when you go to pick up a chick she'll be like Mustang :barf: ... my mom drives this.... and my dad drives this... my dead Grandpa drove this and even my 7 year old brother has Power Wheels Mustang..
Basically she'll be choked and gag:rofl:

GT2NV
09-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by importadrenelin

A Supra Raper.. you could do that.... but the crappy thing is when you go to pick up a chick she'll be like Mustang :barf: ... my mom drives this.... and my dad drives this... my dead Grandpa drove this and even my 7 year old brother has Power Wheels Mustang..
Basically she'll be choked and gag:rofl:
hahahahaha so true :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

redline
09-04-2002, 10:09 PM
if you want a RSX-S I will sell you mine.

Yellow_Fly_Red
09-05-2002, 01:41 AM
:)
30K??
I would get a 1999-01 BMW 323I.
They are hard to find at the 30K range but there's some if you have patience. Most are in the 35K range.
My boss picked up a 1999 BMW CI (2 dr coupe ) for $32,000
Mint and only 18,000 Kms. These cars accelerate just about as fast as the V6 Mustang but they DRIVE soooooo much nicer and handles amazing. Engine is super smooth and quite.

If you want a Modable car...
the 1998-2000 Audi A4 1.8 Quattro
All-Wheel-Drive baby..!!!
They put out only 150HP and 150 lb/ft of Torque stock.. but with a few hunded dollars on Mods... you can easily go over 200HP!!!

Fun car to drive.. and the quality of the car is just as good as the BMW.

TRUST ME on this....... go test drive these 2 cars... really test drive them.... and then go and test drive the Mustang V6, RSX, WRX, or whatever..!!!
You will understand why the Audi's and BMW's costs so much more that those other cars when they are brand new.

If you are into Japanese cars...

I think the last generation Prelude and Celica GTS are great cars. You can get a 97 Prelude for about 20K now... and the 2000+ Celica GTS.. wow... I really love how this car handles... light and quick...
I enjoy driving this car over the Prelude but thats my opinion only.

Go and TEST drive cars...!!!! You will eventually find the car that suits YOU..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If after driving ALL those cars and you still rather have the Mustang .. then by ALL means, you should get the Mustang... because that is the car for YOU..!!

:thumbsup:

OMOYYC
09-05-2002, 07:34 AM
Well said Yellow! :thumbsup:

Is StricklyRedline still here? Haven't seen his post since the original. :dunno:

300rwhp
09-07-2002, 01:42 PM
women dont seem to have a problem with my stang...... why does your probe pick up the ladies? I didn't think so. we live in cowtown! we have white bitches that love mustangs and when you slam their head back in the seat with acceleration they practically wet their pants. i solved my ugly stang problem with 18 inch 2000 cobra r rims , championship white paint, saleen spoiler ,hood and bang you have a tire biter machine..

ME_VS_YOU
09-07-2002, 03:26 PM
the new vw vr6 are super fast cars....with 200hp and 195ftp they eaisily rape a new rsx-s.....thats my opinion...but honesty spend a day just test driving cars and you will soon find out what cars are meant for you

importadrenelin
09-07-2002, 05:46 PM
300rwhp-
Hey I was just buggin ya man, I don't have anything against Mustangs at all, we just like to joke around:thumbsup:

300rwhp
09-07-2002, 08:00 PM
dont worry I didn't take it that way, i was just sticking up for the ford..... believe me being a ford fan is like being part of a one man fan club.

Stratus_Power
09-07-2002, 08:05 PM
this is definitly not the forum to be asking about stang :P
go buy Max_boost's BMW, only 33k :D

PrankishSmart
09-08-2002, 07:29 AM
Mustangs rock:thumbsup:

importadrenelin
09-08-2002, 07:05 PM
I'd have to admit you see more faster domestics at the track then you do Imports.... Not saying Imports are slower or faster just saying there are more domestics that are quicker then the average import, but were catching up:burnout:

Toma
09-08-2002, 07:35 PM
You wanna go fast? Buy a '80's Stang, and for under $20,000 total including the car, you could be in the NINES.

That chick that apparently barfed at the site of a Mustang will cream her panties when you tromp the gas pedal for her :drool: ;) Then anytime in the future that she ever goes for a ride in a slow RSX or other stock import mobile etc, she will be like " :barf: This thing is slower then my grandmas station wagon" ;) ;) ;)

On the other hand, if speed is not a concern, and chick appeal is, buy a NSX, Viper, or 427 AC Cobra replica etc....

Toma
http://www.members.shaw.ca/tomakicovic/46002.jpg

James
09-08-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Toma

On the other hand, if speed is not a concern, and chick appeal is, buy a NSX, Viper, or 427 AC Cobra replica etc....

Toma
[

Ha, I love that, u know your car is Fast when u can say, If speed is not a concern, buy a Viper!:rofl: :p

GTS Jeff
09-08-2002, 11:16 PM
why is everyone saying rsx? i think there disgusting cars for the price.. i have an 88 gt mustang and i have smoked rsk type s' after giving them head starts! with 30000 you could have an 11 to 12 second mustang NO PROBLEM... go to the mustang shop or western motorsportsd tell them how much money you have they will tell you your exact mustang options. with 30000 you can easily make a supra RAPER. for some people, a car is more than just a casket of metal for ripping down the 1320

300rwhp
09-09-2002, 12:37 AM
mor than just the quarter? with that much money you can make a mustang handle a hell of a lot better than a stock rsx or supra. if you you dont like the interior you could change the whole thing to recaro seats etc. for a fraction of that much money.its not for everyone but people have no idea what you can do with them.

GTS Jeff
09-09-2002, 03:18 PM
mor than just the quarter? with that much money you can make a mustang handle a hell of a lot better than a stock rsx or supra. if you you dont like the interior you could change the whole thing to recaro seats etc. for a fraction of that much money.its not for everyone but people have no idea what you can do with them. and for 30,000 u could deck out a crx to be faster, handle better, and have a better interior than a stang with 30 grand in it...so what?

a lot of ppl would still rather take a stock rsx or a stock supra over a decked out stang. and a lot of ppl would rather have the decked out stang...

importadrenelin
09-09-2002, 03:23 PM
All I got to say is to each their own:)