PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Having Trouble Selling Their Car?

Pages : [1] 2

needsawhip
06-21-2010, 04:20 PM
I am just wondering if anyone else on beyond is having trouble selling there car? I change cars once every 6-8 months and usually have no problem selling my car in 5-12 days.

I am currently trying to sell my car at a very fair price. Cheapest in alberta for kms/ options. its clean 2 owner with full hyatt service records. Whats the deal?? i didnt think it would last a week at the price it is at.

Anyone else having an issue selling there GOOD CONDITION aggresivley priced car?

Kloubek
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
For sure. Both of mine are priced under market value, with a lot of tire-kickers but no bites. It sucks because I can only go so low - and I think they are virtually rock-bottom as it is.

The market just blows, unfortunately. You'd think we were still in a recession!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I just gave up on selling/trading my car and decided nobody wants it.

kaput
06-21-2010, 04:28 PM

InRich
06-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I sold mine after having it on the market for about a month. I had alot of tire kickers who really started to piss me off, wasting my time and all, or sticking their fingures into engine parts and then going in and around my leather seats, staining them and shit. I told one guy to stop wasting my fucking time and go home, after he opened the hood and cranked on the engine about 5 times.

max_boost
06-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Ya I had a hard time selling my cars too but when it came down to it, it was just pricing. Lower it enough and someone will take it lol :nut: :rofl:

rc2002
06-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Lower it enough and someone will take it

That's a no fail method. If you're in a rush to sell then lower your price and get gouged.

It's been progressively harder to sell used cars, probably due to the stupidly low lease and finance rates. That's why I'm a lot more careful before buying a car. I try to buy cars that will last me a lot longer.

Masked Bandit
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
It's no different on the bike side. I tried selling one of my bikes this spring for what I feel was a very good price and I got all of one phone call. So I'm keeping it. I'll probably try again next year.

GTI CANADIAN
06-21-2010, 04:58 PM
The boom is over. Most people prefer food over new rides.

Not hatin, just sayin

Celica4me
06-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Yup....Ive been off/on selling my car for the last year almost.....Im almost down to 1/2 of what I paid for the car only 3.5yrs ago.....

Im not going to go any lower.....so heres hoping it sells before winter!

bjstare
06-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
The market just blows, unfortunately. We're still in a recession!

Fixed.

e31
06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
The last two used cars I purchased were both from Edmonton. At the time it just seemed like there was dick-all for deals in Calgary. Last year I was really interested in getting a Clownshoe (z3 M coupe) but there was basically nothing for sale short of Toronto/Seattle.

Mind you, when I show up with a flat-deck trailer and cash in hand, most are willing to negotiate.

CHICHARITZHI
06-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by GTI CANADIAN
The boom is over. Most people prefer food over new rides.

Not hatin, just sayin

agree ! Food is the most important things in the world , u cannot live without food...:D

Spinzz 4
06-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by CHICHARITZHI

agree ! Food is the most important things in the world , u cannot live without food...:D or a car...

max_boost
06-21-2010, 05:14 PM
^^

Only because Calgary's public transportation sucks. Anywhere else is 1000X better lol

needsawhip
06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Ya i got my car in december for 15 200 put 12k on it and cant sell it to save my life @ $11 800 firm 03 g35sedan 2 owner with full service records

maxomilll
06-21-2010, 05:23 PM
w0rd man it took me a long time and I had to lower quite a bit before it sold.

*Price that is...

QuasarCav
06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
For sure. Both of mine are priced under market value, with a lot of tire-kickers but no bites. It sucks because I can only go so low - and I think they are virtually rock-bottom as it is.

You could maybe get the asking price for your cars if it was 1999. I suggest returning them to stock or as close as possible and relisting them for a price that would actually make someone think twice. Odd colors and mods detract from the sale.

It's all about price!

max_boost
06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Ya I also noticed stock is best. People don't give a shit about mods, even if it's nice clean mods. :nut:

2EFNFAST
06-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I had a bitch of a time selling my g35 coupe.

Excellent shape, all records. Low KMs. One of the lowest priced coupes on autotrader.

And still I got (almost) scammed twice (one person left a $500 deposit cheque, then kept telling me he'd have the money "tomorrow", then all of a sudden blocked my phone and everything .... the other got a money order from a bank but absolutely refused to meet me at a bank to either deposit it, or watch them make it out to him in person), and delt with "willing to trade for 05 maxima?" "Willing to trade for 350z with 150,000?" "Willing to pay 13k?" One person got all excited about some lint from a microfiber cloth on the dash pillar. Jeesus.

BLAH!

Eventually I got a quality buyer (from Beyond, yaaaay :) ) but before that it was like pulling teeth.

Kloubek
06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

You could maybe get the asking price for your cars if it was 1999. I suggest returning them to stock or as close as possible and relisting them for a price that would actually make someone think twice. Odd colors and mods detract from the sale.

It's all about price!

Well, I agree the RX7 is a little "fast and the furious", but the Z is almost 100% stock looking. I would not consider yellow "odd" for a sports car, nor white.

As far as the pricing goes - the RX7 is cheaper than any similar car for sale right now.... and for months, for that matter. The Z is indeed slightly higher than some others, but for that kind of horsepower, I know *somebody* will eventually realize it is worth it.

Type_B
06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Someone wanted to buy my car but at the same time he tried selling his truck so it's kind of a no win situation waiting for him

Kloubek
06-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Type_B
Someone wanted to buy my car but at the same time he tried selling his truck so it's kind of a no win situation waiting for him

That situation rarely ever works out...

03ozwhip
06-21-2010, 07:38 PM
ive had my bike for sale for a few weeks. no one has come to see it, but ive had about 20 offers, none of which i obviously took, but 3 of which i actually agreed on the price....those guys are nowhere to be found.

wtf? i dont need to get rid of it so im not settling for a lowball price but man, it sucks.

spikerS
06-21-2010, 07:58 PM
well, most people in calgary are overpriced for most everything, and with our bubble at breaking point / broken, people don't have the free cash to buy your overpriced junk.

and it is not just cars, it is damn near everything. homes, cars, food, bills, ect, no one has much extra cash flow to be tossing around.

Zewind
06-21-2010, 08:03 PM
I gave up selling my car when I found out a dealership sold the same car, more KM's, less extra for more money than I was asking.

needsawhip
06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I just want my car gone!! I dont need to sell but my toys no longer fit in the trunk.

max_boost
06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Lower the price. If it doesn't sell in a week. Lower it again. Rinse and repeat. I know it sucks but it works. lol

boarderfatty
06-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Just sell it to insurance, take it to a field, torch it, call it in stolen, problem solved :)

bignerd
06-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Lots of "I will buy your car for XXXXX dollars, but I will not have the money until September" and "will you trade for a quad?".

AndyL
06-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Perhaps dumb question - Anyone tried using one of these consignment places? We want to move the Pontiac PDQ - debating going that route or just taking it over to regal...

Xtrema
06-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
Perhaps dumb question - Anyone tried using one of these consignment places? We want to move the Pontiac PDQ - debating going that route or just taking it over to regal...

I can't see how adding a middle man would be better than lowering the price.

Do these places attract different demographic than the internet?

The fact is disposable income is coming down. Cost of credit is going up. A lot of people lost quite a bit of equity in the RE adjustment in the last few years. And people that did well over last few years won't be looking at used cars unless it's super rare or super special (I was eyeing Max_Boost's SLK55 but ultimately decided on a new S4). Private sale of used cars won't be that easy. My last car was let go at top price of CBB + $500 (but it's to a friend so very little hassle and I don't mind).

Cowtown_Raider
06-22-2010, 09:42 AM
I nearly went the consignment route when I tried selling my R1 during the winter (which of course is a bad time to sell a bike). The problem was that we couldn't agree on a price that gave them the markup they needed. I held on and sold it privately.

The main advantage was that they could offer financing to prospective buyers.

911fever
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by spikers
well, most people in calgary are overpriced for most everything, and with our bubble at breaking point / broken, people don't have the free cash to buy your overpriced junk.

and it is not just cars, it is damn near everything. homes, cars, food, bills, ect, no one has much extra cash flow to be tossing around.

correct, Calgary is a stupid expensive city and cars are ridiculously overpriced. Blame it on people paying too much for cars and dealers charging it too much. Also add on an oil boom from 2004 to 2007, strong demand from a limited amount of cars available, and you'll understand why cars cost so much in Calgary.

Lower the price. If it doesn't sell in a week. Lower it again. Rinse and repeat. I know it sucks but it works. lol

Truth. Keep dropping the price. Over and over again. Sell for usually $2k below market cost and you'll sell it. It's still better than trading into a dealer in most cases. Also mods, don't add to a vehicle's value at all, normally it actually drops the value of a car. Make it stock, sell aftermarket parts for OBO on kijiji and beyond's marketplace.
DROP YOUR PRICE

Jeremiah
06-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I have been trying to sell the same car for 6 months and its cheaper than cars with more kms and less options.

Its impossible to get people to come and look, they would rather send you an email, offer you 2k less than you're asking and then when you counter offer they fuck off.

Or if you accept an offer they're gone.

It's almost like they're just testing you. Pretty annoying

kaput
06-22-2010, 10:08 AM

2EFNFAST
06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I have been trying to sell the same car for 6 months and its cheaper than cars with more kms and less options.

Its impossible to get people to come and look, they would rather send you an email, offer you 2k less than you're asking and then when you counter offer they fuck off.

Or if you accept an offer they're gone.

It's almost like they're just testing you. Pretty annoying

Atleast you didn't have people trying to give you fake bank drafts/money orders, or a (probably) NSF cheque :banghead:

max_boost
06-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Ya you just have to get rid of the emotional attachment like I know it's worth X price so I'll wait for the right buyer etc. I tried that, it doesn't work. Fact is, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. and if you price it well, someone will take it.

Like 911fever said, it'll still be better than trading it in. Trading in is the ultimate low ball. I've never felt so violated before when I found out how much the dealer was offering me :rofl:

I listed my 06 SLK55 with <40,000kms for $43K. It was 100% stock +19" HRE wheels. I had 1 offer for $40K and I took it. I was sad to see it go but it was better than the $30K Lone Star was offering me :rofl: and the evil thing is, they will turn around and sell it for $50K. :whipped:

Xtrema
06-22-2010, 11:58 AM
I listed my 06 SLK55 with &lt;40,000kms for $43K. It was 100% stock +19&quot; HRE wheels. I had 1 offer for $40K and I took it. I was sad to see it go but it was better than the $30K Lone Star was offering me :rofl: and the evil thing is, they will turn around and sell it for $50K. :whipped:

$30 is really low balling. It worth at least $40 on CBB.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-22-2010, 11:59 AM
someone offered me a ps3 for my car = )
LOL

95EG6P
06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
someone offered me a ps3 for my car = )
LOL
did it at least come with some games

max_boost
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

$30 is really low balling. It worth at least $40 on CBB.

I wanted to get rid of it because warranty was expiring and it would have cost me $5K for extended. The brakes were due fairly soon and that would have been another $3K. So basically if I kept it for another 2-3 months, I would have had to dump about $8k into the car and I'll still only sell it for $40K haha :rofl:

This time around I was smarter, buy a car that's more rare and depreciates slowly lol :devil: :burnout:

T-Dubbs
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
i sold my modded trailblazer SS in a week of being advertised in the trader.
went pretty quick, but it was priced right( 2nd guy to see it bought it )
then already bought another modded car since.

People always think that their car is worth more than anyone elses. i find it extremly annoying, esp when there is NOTHING special about their cars. Just dickhead owners, with their heads in the clouds

QuasarCav
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs

People always think that their car is worth more than anyone elses. i find it extremly annoying, esp when there is NOTHING special about their cars. Just dickhead owners, with their heads in the clouds

Tell that to the guy selling his "rare" Mustang. Just because you were raped at the dealership doesn't mean you can pass than on.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I had my 180SX reasonably priced for the longest time. I was asking $7000, and I saw quite a few asking a lot more, for what looked to be rougher cars, but all I ever got was offers of $2000, a bunch of whiners, and people who wanted to trade 20 year old Civics.

TYPERAWR
06-22-2010, 01:21 PM
iv been waiting for a thread like this, I swear to god everytime i try to sell any car i get the biggest fucking idiots calgary has to offer.

Like seriously, yes this 92 has 173 000km.
"thats really high i dont think its what im looking for"
"you seriously just realized this....it says the km in the add. AND thats a average of less then 9000 km a year. STFU AND GTFO U DUMB SOB.

BTW it was a 92 corolla no rust full service history. good shape. $1200.

Zero102
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
I tried to sell my 300 for nearly 7 months before I ended up trading it in. I priced from dead-even to $5k below comparable cars and posted a full detailed description along with tons of pics. I got 1 genuine call and 100+ scam calls.

In the end I traded it in and did better than my final listing price.

On the other hand, I listed a car for my wife's family, it was an 05 Altima, ~44,000km on it, driven by my wife's grandpa until he passed away. The body on it was really beat up for that mileage (TONS of door dings and some front/rear bumper damage), but my wife's mom insisted that we list it high (I don't think she wanted it to sell, she would rather hang on to it but couldn't justify it unless it didn't sell) so we listed it $2k above the closest comparable Altima. Sure it had 40,000km less on it but the body was in bad shape.
It lasted less than 18 hours on Kijiji. I put up a couple of terrible pictures and wrote a terrible 2-line unpunctuated description and the fucking thing sold in 18 hours for the full (IMO $2k over) asking price. :nut:

corsvette
06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I was trying to get rid of a 1/2 ton 4x4 that was sitting around,it was a 15yr old truck with 300,000k but ran real well,i got lots of guys crying about the "high kms"...I don't get it,it was a 15 year old truck,300,000kms is average of 20,000 kms per year,which is BELOW what is said to be average kms driven yearly.

I got sick of all the BS with guys wanting a low mileage mint condition 15 yr old pickup wasting my time,so i took it to a public auction,i was originaly asking $3000 and would have taken say $2700,at the auction the truck fetched $3450!,less the 10% auction commission i was quite happy:bigpimp:

ROBOCOP
06-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

On the other hand, I listed a car for my wife's family, it was an 05 Altima, ~44,000km on it, driven by my wife's grandpa until he passed away. I put up a couple of terrible pictures and wrote a terrible 2-line unpunctuated description and the fucking thing sold in 18 hours for the full (IMO $2k over) asking price. :nut:

That's really low kms for an 05 though, even for $2K more, it's still a pretty good deal.

I have been trying to help my dad sell him Mercedes for 2 months now, all tire kickers. Kijiji is notorious for low-ballers too.

Vr4Whore
06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
fuckin insanity, mods don't help at all, if you can part out the aftermarket part and put it back to 100% stock it would work best because no one friggin cares.

+1 for retarded buyers, I had a guy come all the way from BC then say the car is great and he likes it a lot, then said 5700 was too much after looking at my ad which clearly states the price...

03ozwhip
06-22-2010, 11:51 PM
if im looking at a car these days, i do look at mods, but it doesnt sway my decision to buy it or one that doesnt have one. its all dependant on price.

if i can get a car modded with 5k in mods for 500-1000 more than what i would pay for an unmodded car, which one do you think i would pick?

the thing is, most people that have mods seem to think it adds to the value, which we all know they dont. i just wait and watch the car to see the price drop accordingly, then go for it, not offer a ridiculously low price and then not even buy it.

if im looking on kijiji or anywhere else for that matter for something, im looking and responding to the ad for a reason, the same reason everyone else should be responding to the ads.

the difference between me and 98% of kijijiers is that if i offer you something and you agree to the price, im going to fucking buy it not disappear, i dont offer $ to people for no reason.

even if i found something cheaper after offering, i would at least write/call them back and tell them that so they dont wait for me to come and buy their shit.

Rant? maybe.

/end rant.

gqmw
06-23-2010, 03:07 AM
[i]Originally posted by Kloubek
The market just blows, unfortunately. We are still in a recession!

As fixed above...that's the problem...

Cos
06-23-2010, 08:24 AM
An opinion from the other side of the fence. I am looking for a 99+ GT mustang and capt.crunch (i think) is selling a really nice one in the market place. Problem is what he is asking is a tad higher than what I wanted to spend but also is not a convertible. Now to be fair with the really shitty weather I can't go out and see it properly, so that may be hurting you guys too. However I have noticed that the cars selling are people who realize we are still in a recession, some prices may be below market but the market price overall is just too high.

911fever
06-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Cos
An opinion from the other side of the fence. I am looking for a 99+ GT mustang and capt.crunch (i think) is selling a really nice one in the market place. Problem is what he is asking is a tad higher than what I wanted to spend but also is not a convertible. Now to be fair with the really shitty weather I can't go out and see it properly, so that may be hurting you guys too. However I have noticed that the cars selling are people who realize we are still in a recession, some prices may be below market but the market price overall is just too high.

agreed. Prices for all vehicles in Canada, especially Calgary, are way too high.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P

did it at least come with some games
you know what, i dont even think so haha

Originally posted by T-Dubbs

I think my car is fairly priced. I haven't seen a civic with this little rust, and this well taken care of in a long time.
I don't think im a douche seller = ( just haven't been getting any bites.

autosm
06-23-2010, 09:53 PM
The deals to be had on new cars are part of the problem. Also most people can't go to the bank to get a 20k car loan but can easly finance a new 30k car from the factory.

Jeremiah
06-24-2010, 07:58 AM
It seems anyone buying wants to buy so cheap so that they can possibly turn around and make a profit.

Everyone wants to be a curber now a days

snoop101
06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I was thinking of putting my convertable up on the market to pretty much sell it for how much I have left on my BMW finance. Really though I could be waiting easy a month or two, maybe even more. People seem to not be buying right now or like some said they are going for new cars now because of all the deals.

i will most likely trade my car in this weekend for a Mercedes. got my eye on a 07 C280 :poosie:

kbye
06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Tell that to the guy selling his &quot;rare&quot; Mustang. Just because you were raped at the dealership doesn't mean you can pass than on.

True dat. Actually a bunch of people tried telling him that but got their user ratings ass-raped.

gamman
06-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Tight cash, good new cars, 0% interest, US imports, RE market crashing, it all adds up.

Last winter, selling a 09 (11 month old subaru) wrx 265. Lost job, needed to jettison some $ out the door. Lost over $9k in 11 months. Look at 2004 subaru prices, it makes me want to puke.

Worst part is, sold it to the dealer for cash (so you know who got it on that one - me!). 4 months for sale for a car with a 11,000kms, and a 7yr/140,000km warrantee. Flawless car.

NO ONE, I mean NO ONE even took it for a drive. Lots of emailers, but no one to really see it. What the problem is/was, that I didn't use subaru financing.

Ok, there was one guy, but I missed him, my fault. Who texts these days anyway? Oh, everyone but me? Oops.

How come, when I want something, no one like me around to find (desperate - or like others here, like to price aggressive to get it gone), but yet, when I go to sell, none to be found? Getting screwed on the purchase and sale sucks.

Redlyne_mr2
06-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 911fever

agreed. Prices for all vehicles in Canada, especially Calgary, are way too high.
Supply and Demand, North America is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy a car anyways.

Cos
06-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Supply and Demand, North America is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy a car anyways.

You are right, but these guys are complaining that no one is buying their cars so supply =/= demand in this case.

Just an FYI we are buying a bike tonight for almost 1/2 the original price with 6k and a broken fairing. It is a 2009.

Neil4Speed
06-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Maybe new, but I would Argue that England has some great deals for Used cars, I always pick up a copy of Exchange and Mart when I go down there and check out some of the great deals.

Redlyne_mr2
06-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Maybe new, but I would Argue that England has some great deals for Used cars, I always pick up a copy of Exchange and Mart when I go down there and check out some of the great deals.
Make sure to factor in MOT, many cars are junked because the MOT ends up being to expensive.

bastardchild
06-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I price to sell, then I get people low balling even more...

needsawhip
06-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Our market is in the gutter, seems to even be worse then when the recession started. Havent even had 1 person come look at my car!! And its #$%^ MINT!!! its retarded allready

derpderp
06-26-2010, 09:22 PM
This thread was informative, gonna have to put my lowball face on since I am in the market.

Cos
06-26-2010, 10:27 PM
FYI been looking all over Kijiji for a bike. Best we found was a dropped twice 2009 and he wanted 3500.00

We bought a 2008, FROM A DEALER today for 2900.00 Thing is mint with 2k on it.

Now tell me who is overpriced? I even offered 2.8k to the guy who we were trying to buy it from.

btimbit
06-27-2010, 02:54 PM

I look at your FD ad on kijiji almost every week and am continually amazed at how low you've had to drop the price with no bites.

Nobody's wanted to buy my winter Cavalier, but I'm assuming that's more because it's a piece of shit, not the market :banghead:

duaner
06-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
This thread was informative, gonna have to put my lowball face on since I am in the market.
It certainly has been informative. I will now be trading in the wife's Accord rather than trying to sell it. I have no time or patience to deal with tire kickers and lowballers. No offense to you of course, I do hope you get a good deal.

sevewone
07-02-2010, 02:14 PM
My lucky day, looks like im sellin mine to some guy overseas! WOO

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response,My name is Rene David and i am 42 years old,I was born and raised in Ontario Canada but my Nationality is England, I'm buying this item as a gift for dad and I'm petrol chemical engineer and I'm presently at Arabian gulf,near Saudi Arabia repairing petrol pipeline at the sea and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the item to be a surprise gift for my dad so i wont let him know anything about the item until it gets delivered to him,i am sure he will be more than happy with the item.I would be paying you through paypal because i don't have access to my royal bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my royal bank a/c attached to it,i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through,i have pick up agent that will come and pick the item up after i have made the payment.

I would really like to come to see the item, but due to my work frame that would not be possible,I'm petrol chemical engineer, I am now on the ship, but if you got the item pics. you can send to me to have a good look

Note: I will pay you $4,500.00 for the item and $1,700.00 for shipping and It will cover the cost for shipping fees.Get back to me with your PayPal e-mail asap.

Best Regards
Rene

NoMoreG35
07-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I sold my car couple days ago after trying to sell it for over 9 months... Seems like no one is buying used anymore, especially higher end cars.

Unknown303
07-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by sevewone
My lucky day, looks like im sellin mine to some guy overseas! WOO

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response,My name is Rene David and i am 42 years old,I was born and raised in Ontario Canada but my Nationality is England, I'm buying this item as a gift for dad and I'm petrol chemical engineer and I'm presently at Arabian gulf,near Saudi Arabia repairing petrol pipeline at the sea and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the item to be a surprise gift for my dad so i wont let him know anything about the item until it gets delivered to him,i am sure he will be more than happy with the item.I would be paying you through paypal because i don't have access to my royal bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my royal bank a/c attached to it,i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through,i have pick up agent that will come and pick the item up after i have made the payment.

I would really like to come to see the item, but due to my work frame that would not be possible,I'm petrol chemical engineer, I am now on the ship, but if you got the item pics. you can send to me to have a good look

Note: I will pay you $4,500.00 for the item and $1,700.00 for shipping and It will cover the cost for shipping fees.Get back to me with your PayPal e-mail asap.

Best Regards
Rene

That is sooo legit. You better go for it! :angel:

bourge73
07-02-2010, 03:31 PM
and there is the best answer (buying new), yes they will sell but they are not worth what you think they are like before....they have to be cheap cheap like a dealer trade in value to sell. And older used cars? forget it, under a grand thats what you'll get.

rob the knob
07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
deals be made at market value. market value = price buyer seller agree upon.

people here say car priced below market value and not selling. that cant be possible. you make up in your own mind what you think market value is and this value is much higher than what buy sell transactions being done for

sevewone
07-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

That is sooo legit. You better go for it! :angel:

oh definitely..like come on, what 42 year old dad DOESNT want a 92 civic?!

Unknown303
07-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by sevewone

oh definitely..like come on, what 42 year old dad DOESNT want a 92 civic?!

NONE! It's pretty much the ultimate midlife crisis mobile.

Moe Man
07-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by bastardchild
I price to sell, then I get people low balling even more...

I sell my cars with in 3 days, usually get a deposit on the first or second day.

the trick....detail the shit out of your car (I dont care if it is worth 2 grand) I mean like undercoated, shampooed, if there is a chip in hte windshield or a chip in the paint, fix it. Also provide an inspection. But most importantly, price it lower than anyone else and not by hundreds lower, THOUSANDS LOWER!

heavyD
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
An issue I see here is that people believe they are pricing their cars below market value and not selling. Market value is the price the general market is willing to pay not what the seller perceives as the worth of his car. Sounds like too many sellers don't realize that below market value in their eyes may still above market value.

ExtraSlow
07-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I think HeavyD has hit the nail on the head.

BigMass
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by gamman

How come, when I want something, no one like me around to find (desperate - or like others here, like to price aggressive to get it gone), but yet, when I go to sell, none to be found? Getting screwed on the purchase and sale sucks.

I hear ya man. Whenever I want to buy something, even if it’s in a recession, it’s the hottest thing on the market and demands a premium. 2 months later I go to sell it and nobody wants it and I have to almost give it away. WTF is with that? lol

masoncgy
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I just sold our 2004 Saturn Vue in 6 days for $200 more than I paid for it last summer.

Previous to that, I sold my travel trailer in 3 days, again for $200 more than I paid for it.

I don't seem to have any trouble selling stuff. My Avalanche goes up next, let's see how long it takes.

The trick is to price the vehicle aggressively and then dicker on the price from there. Check Craigslist, Kijiji, etc for comparables and then undercut their prices, by a good margin.

It makes no sense to price it 'average' or 'higher' in the hopes you'll squeeze out a few extra bucks. In this day & age, it's too easy for buyers to shop around and figure out the best deal... online tire kicking is the new method of finding a bargain.

It doesn't hurt to have a salesman's touch either... I tend to play prospective buyers against each other and use a little pressure to get a sale done... and it works. lol

msommers
07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
This thread has me kind of chuckling as I'm looking for a vehicle right now, but not really in a big rush anymore so finding a good deal is all I care about. The value some sellers feel their car has is astonishing though. I hate lowballing people because lets face it, it fucking sucks when it happens to you. But some sellers need to give their head a shake. Taking 500 bucks off of a 12,000 car, that is already priced too high, is not the best deal I'll ever get :rofl:

Unknown303
07-08-2010, 01:49 PM
I posted my bike on Kijiji for more than I had listed here on Beyond and it sold today awaiting pickup.

Listed on the 30th of June. Sold on the 7th of July. Meanwhile I was getting piles of low ball offers here on Beyond.

NoMoreG35
07-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah I'm giving up on selling cars on beyond... Way too many low ballers

Unknown303
07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35
Yeah I'm giving up on selling cars on beyond... Way too many low ballers

Maybe if I start selling baseball cards or something I might sell them here. But not selling bikes anymore on here that's for sure. When someone's scraping money together to get the bike I'm a little concerned that they'll have nothing left for gear. Then you have one more squid in flip flops cruising around the city on a street bike.. :banghead:

kaput
07-08-2010, 02:20 PM

core_upt
07-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Just sold my car on Beyond, but it was up for sale for a long time.... I wasn't flexing on my price as I'd rather have the money then a quick sale b/c I need the car.
Made a deal with the buyer that worked for both of us.
I have sold two cars on beyond - both went well, but took a long time to come through.
All this time, I had my car on Kijiji - so many tire kickers, people that say they'll show up and don't come, or ask weird questions, like 'has the car ever been smoked in;, then when you answer 'No. never, would you like to come see it?' they don't get back to you? Where they looking for a car that reeked of cigarettes? strange....

core_upt
07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I will ad though, I have sold a ton of stuff through Kijiji and it usually goes really well - cars are different. Rented my house through there, and sold a bunch of miscellaneous things as well. Craigslist sucks - nothing but spammers

NoMoreG35
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
I will ad though, I have sold a ton of stuff through Kijiji and it usually goes really well - cars are different. Rented my house through there, and sold a bunch of miscellaneous things as well. Craigslist sucks - nothing but spammers

Yeah I don't even use craiglist at all, buy or sell. Selling cheap stuff on beyond is OK I guess, but totally different story when you try to sell cars on here.

rx7girlie
07-09-2010, 07:12 PM
What would you consider a lowball on a car listed at $25k?

Unknown303
07-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I sold my Jeep in 7 minutes of having it posted online.

asifka
07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
I was selling my car. This guy came and check it out. Next day, he called for thanks and told me he end up buying same car as mine for $500 less with 40,000 extra kms:facepalm:

kaput
07-10-2010, 12:04 AM

wow600rr
07-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Some people boil my blood for even imagining to lowball that much. I posted 06 cbr for $4600 which is over $1000 less than the next cheapest 06 cbr. I've got tons of email offers ranging from $3500 to $4000. One guy even decided to meet up and offered me $4000; I mean fuck you.

I would rather keep my shit than give it to someone to flip it.

masoncgy
07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by rx7girlie

$20K.

Strider
07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by rx7girlie

depends how reasonably priced the $25k car is to begin with...

msommers
07-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by wow600rr
Some people boil my blood for even imagining to lowball that much. I posted 06 cbr for $4600 which is over $1000 less than the next cheapest 06 cbr. I've got tons of email offers ranging from $3500 to $4000. One guy even decided to meet up and offered me $4000; I mean fuck you.

I would rather keep my shit than give it to someone to flip it.

If you couldn't sell it for $4600, what makes you think he could? :rofl:

wow600rr
07-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by msommers

If you couldn't sell it for $4600, what makes you think he could? :rofl:

Its only a matter of looking for a quick sale vs sitting on it for a bit but at 4g you're never gonna lose a penny.

Mibz
07-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I couldn't do it anymore. I see this thread title every day and it finally got to the point where I had to fix it.