PDA

View Full Version : Quoting your own post

MGCM
06-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I've had several times where I accidentally press quote instead of edit on one of my posts........would admin be able to setup a way so you cannot quote your own post? Most of the time I do not realize I've quoted my own post until after I click post and finally realize I clicked quote and not edit.

Kloubek
06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately, in the computer world, there are not always safeguards against stupidity. Try to work your way around it.

supe
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Unfortunately, in the computer world, there are not always safeguards against stupidity. Try to work your way around it.

Apple has safeguarding stupidity down to an art.

Pahnda
06-22-2010, 03:05 PM

I wish I could say it that bluntly to clients/users whenever they file dumb issue reports... Like one where someone said the "update" button shouldn't update the thing in question until you're sure you want to update it...

Kloubek
06-22-2010, 03:08 PM
^^^ Issues like the OP's, as well as what you just explained are the reasons I could never work in I.T.

Phenix
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Exactly, thankfully I don't work in IT, Stupidity is forever

Tik-Tok
06-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Could we also have an option in the user CP, where it won't list any posts except the OP, the users posts? Since most people do this automatically, imagine the amount of bandwidth it would save!

Pahnda
06-22-2010, 03:35 PM
^^^ Issues like the OP's, as well as what you just explained are the reasons I could never work in I.T.

Luckily for me I do the development/designing, so I can tell them it's not going to happen, ever... :D

But being able to be blunt about it would be a nice.

MGCM
06-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by supe

Apple has safeguarding stupidity down to an art.

Human beings are so flawed as it is, the more safeguards the better lol