PDA

View Full Version : Screamin' Pintworks, Tinting Illusions, & Chatelaine Auto Spa Inc.

mdeleon
06-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Just a shout out and thumbs up from me and who ever I've referred to these guys. This thread is well overdue. Instead of making a separate thread for each business, I'll just put it all into one. I put it in order of when I dealt with them. I'll try to keep it short.

Screamin' Paintworks
Both Dan & Dave are awesome guys to deal with, very helpful, and not to mention quick and reliable! I've been bringing my business to them for a while now and fortunate for them, but unfortunate for me, I've given them a lot more work (Have been involved in 3 not at fault car accidents in the past 6 months). Price is fair (Although, I haven't even got any quotes from any other bodyshop since I've started using them) and the quality of work is great. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tinting Illusions
Jarod and Steve are also 2 great guys to do business with. I've brought them my gf's car, mine, and a couple referrals. They remembered me after just one visit. The story goes: I brought them my gf's civic to tint, initially I was only dealing with Jarod, but he was off the premises when I went to pick up the car, so Steve was there to take care of it, we had a small conversation, small enough that you'd think they wouldn't remember you considering how many customers they'll go through. A few weeks went by and it was time to schedule my vehicle in for tinting, and both Jarod and Steve remembered who I was after speaking with them over the phone separate times. To me, it positively shows something about their character. Pricing was also cheaper than any other place myself and my friends have checked out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chatelaine Auto Spa Inc.
Renee, is a very outgoing person and a delight to talk to and get to know. She always has a smile on her face considering the dirty cars she has to clean on a daily basis, such as my gf's civic. Jeeze, the quality of work she produces is just, I don't even know what words to use. My gf recently purchased a 96 civic, it was pretty damn dirty inside that I suggested she get it detailed. I wasn't expecting the car to come back mint since it's a 14 year old car and it's probably stained to death but when we got it back the interior looked almost brand new. Granted there were stains that were not able to be removed completely but they are at the point where you don't really notice them. the seats were softer and more comfortable to sit in. and the rubber floor mats were cleaned to like-new that I thought she threw them in for free. My ride is in there now and I'm excited to see the results. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So there you have it, my little review on these 3 companies. great work, even better owners! So for fuck sakes, if you see Renee on the side of the road, stop and help her out, fuckers! Thank you guys, and will continue throwing you guys business from myself and whoever else needs work in your line of expertise.

PLUS: An extra shout out to Urban Expressions South. I have not dealt with them, but can vouch for Renee's thumbs up to them because I was partly there that day. I was dropping my ride off to her place and I guess i got there in good timing because she just had got back from Urban Expressions South. Renee and I got to talking about the type of work needed on my ride, and before we knew it Renee's car was being dropped off to her. From what I remember, it took all about 45 minutes for Renee to drop off her car to them, put 2 new tires on and have the car dropped back off. That's something Renee forgot to mention in her thread here (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/307611/would-you-stop-to-help-someone-on-the-road/)

max_boost
06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Only dealt with Tinting Illusions once and they were awesome.

Chatelaine, well Renee is just the best, no contest there.

Screaming, ya they were good the first 3x and then I got the shaft the last time but maybe they were just too busy to tell me they were too busy.

stevieo
06-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Only dealt with Tinting Illusions once and they were awesome.

Screaming, ya they were good the first 3x and then I got the shaft the last time but maybe they were just too busy to tell me they were too busy.

same here, dealt with tinting illusions once and it was great.

dealt with screaming once, it did take em forever to respond and it seemed like they 'were too busy to tell me they were busy'. good work....BUT i saw one of my window trims had been broken by them on the car repair. it doesn't sit properly on the door anymore, i didn't notice this on the day i picked up my car but a couple days later when i examined the car in the garage...but meh what can I do? haha.

g-m
06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
dealt with screamin twice and it took 2 months each time to spray loose body panels. I'm now with AAA auto repair for all of my autobody needs.

dj_rice
06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Steve is no longer with Tinting Illusions, just FYI

wow600rr
06-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Only dealt with SPW, took them almost all winter to get my bike done but I was VERY pleased with end result and I believe their prices are way better compared to other shitty shops in town.

Kloubek
06-22-2010, 08:38 PM
+1 Screamin. They are a small shop, and can get pretty busy sometimes. For my own experience, I'd rate the work 10/10 and speed 10/10 as well. Plus they are good, honest guys.

NickGT
06-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
+1 Screamin. They are a small shop, and can get pretty busy sometimes. For my own experience, I'd rate the work 10/10 and speed 10/10 as well. Plus they are good, honest guys.

+1 as well. Dave did a wicked job on my shelby cs6 hood. Kept me updated throughout the process and helped resolve some clearance issues. I'll definitely go back for future body work. :thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
06-22-2010, 09:19 PM
+1 for screaming

lellowrx7
06-22-2010, 09:34 PM
+1 for Chatelaine Auto Spa Inc

I gotta agree when you say Renee is awesome.
Chatelaine Auto Spa recently tinted my windows for me and it turned out amazing for such a low price.
No bubbles, went right to the top of the window, everything i could have asked for.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/bstarraw/IMG_0849.jpg

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/bstarraw/IMG_0845.jpg

mdeleon
06-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Didn't even know they did tinting.

Gibson
06-22-2010, 10:05 PM
I've been trying to get a hold of Scremain' Paintworks for a while and they never seem to answer their phone. Their website has also been down for awhile, I guess I should probably make a trip over there soon.

inline6turbo
06-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by mdeleon
Didn't even know they did tinting.

We can do ANYTHING!! lol... really

And thank you for the kind words Marco, I'm delighted you loved the civic so much! Your Cayenne is enjoying it's stay right now :D

Jetta-2.0
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Tinting Illusions
Jarod is a really nice guy, First time I went to him was with my now fiance she wanted to tint her RSX I was seraching for his store but couldnt find it lol. I gave him a call and he told me where his shop was turn by turn. He also did a really good job for my fiances car. I told my buddy about going to Tinting Illusions
and he did 2 cars jarod did them him self really super guy, and prices are very good. When I Got my BMW I took it to him he changed 6 windows for me 4 of witch didnt need to be changed but he changed them anyways cuz he wanted every thing to match and he didnt over charge me for any thing even removing my old tints and putting new ones in, also I had a problem with my passenger side window the tint wasnt coving the sides very well and Jarod told me to swing by any time 2 days later i call him up and he tells me to come right on ahead, he had 3 cars ahead of me but he did that 1 window very nice GUY!!!!!!!!!!! also he has a very nice family :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for Tinting Illusions
:clap:

TomcoPDR
06-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Wow, OP is one loyal Beyond customer

?????
06-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by stevieo

same here, dealt with tinting illusions once and it was great.

dealt with screaming once, it did take em forever to respond and it seemed like they 'were too busy to tell me they were busy'. good work....BUT i saw one of my window trims had been broken by them on the car repair. it doesn't sit properly on the door anymore, i didn't notice this on the day i picked up my car but a couple days later when i examined the car in the garage...but meh what can I do? haha.

Go talk to Dan about the window trim. When I picked up my car I noticed the trim was broken and Dan ordered in a new one no questions asked.

toastgremlin
06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm halfway through a Screamin' job right now and they've done great work so far.

There's some externalities (not their fault at all) which are keeping them from being at 100% at the moment, but it's just bad timing on my part - I have no reason to believe they wouldn't do a flawless job the next time I use them.

Dan and Dave are awesome guys. If you're having trouble getting in touch with them, just keep trying.

scat330
06-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Pintworks??? Do they give you a beer if you come down to see your car? :rofl:

mdeleon
06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Haha didn't even notice that

mdeleon
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
It's good to read people's positive results. Negative feedbacks can be entertaining to read at times but it's refreshing and informative reading the positive ones.

Yes, I am a loyal beyond customer, it was threads like these that steered me towards these shops to begin with so I'm just sharing my experiences so someone else can benefit from them.

To the ones who can't get a hold of either Dan or Dave, try emailing them if you're not able to show up to their shop. They have berry's and keep it on them all the time. Some of you may have already tried that, I don't know what else to say as I've never had a problem getting in contact with Dan.

krusso04
06-23-2010, 12:20 PM
+1 for screamin, Dan did an awsome job on my car. only had it for 2 days befor it got hit again so its heading back there pretty soon.

simonseys
06-23-2010, 02:52 PM
+1 for Screamin' Paintworks :thumbsup:

I brought my car there to fix some rust on the roof and get it repainted, Dan had it all done in about a weeks time. When I dropped off my car for him to work on, he even gave me a lift to where I needed to go since I wouldn't have a car for a week, Can't get any better than that!

stevieo
06-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ?????

Go talk to Dan about the window trim. When I picked up my car I noticed the trim was broken and Dan ordered in a new one no questions asked.

its been a 2-3 months since I have gotten my car back, I don't really feel like bringing it in and then have the "oh you guys might have broken a tab and thats why I dont think it sits properly anymore" and then have them say "maybe you broke it?". Im just worried I'd be embarrassed and look like a cheap skate that wants to come back after a period of time and tell em to fix something. But maybe I can give em a call and see how it goes. thanks man.