PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Think & Drive undercover cop

canadian_hustla
06-22-2010, 08:13 PM
At first I thought it was a bylaw officer but then I noticed that the cop had full uniform and was giving someone a driving citation

pretty sneaky

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9724/thinkdrive.jpg

ROBOCOP
06-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up that's a pretty stealth undercover.

scat330
06-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Stealthy and smart, I just hated when they used Transit Vehicles, that was BS.

Goodfella
06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Under cover cop? or do you mean un marked a common misconception......and you call yourself a hustla :facepalm:

4lti
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Goodfella
Under cover cop? or do you mean un marked a common misconception......and you call yourself a hustla :facepalm:

Wut...

canadian_hustla
06-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Goodfella

technically unmarked but you get the idea... :dunno:

MGCM
06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
can't believe how far they go.......just put more marked cars on the road and they won't have to pull ppl pver.......NO NO NO NO WAIT, then they won't make any money:nut:

JordanAndrew
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM
thanks for the heads up. I wonder if they have unmarked cars that looks like a cab.

TomcoPDR
06-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by scat330
Stealthy and smart, I just hated when they used Transit Vehicles, that was BS.

When did they started using transit vehicles

bignerd
06-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Since I drive Stoney a lot... has been a white extended cab Ford F150 4X4 with a work rack across the back window pulling people over the last few days-even 10 at night.

Couple of weekends ago saw three unmarked police cars ALL with people pulled over between 14th Street and Shag on Stoney Trail... grey/blue charger, white ford as noted above and a white lincoln navigator.

lellowrx7
06-22-2010, 11:55 PM
i got pulled over by a blue integra that revved his engine at me at the lights. tried to give me a stunting ticket and a 20 over ticket.
had to pay the 20 over but got off the stunting ticket. they're so sneaky

maxomilll
06-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by lellowrx7
i got pulled over by a blue integra that revved his engine at me at the lights. tried to give me a stunting ticket and a 20 over ticket.

wouldn't that sorta be entrapment? since he tried to coax you into racing? or he's braking the law himself by stunting and reving in order to make you brake the law?:dunno:

I guess you have the choice not to comment the unlawful act.
still thats craazy.

NewLextasy
06-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by lellowrx7

You think thats bad.. I had a jeep srt8 pull up to me between country hills and airdrie.. he kept going back and forth next to me and trying to race and egged me on for soo long and then i finally gave in after saying no and floored it and he instantly had a suction cup light that he put on the window and pulled me over..

he said i had better learn to have better judgment when ppl egg me on and not to give in and then gave me court date ticket for going more then 50k over... thank god the crown siad it was bs that he did that and threw it out

FraserB
06-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by maxomilll

wouldn't that sorta be entrapment? since he tried to coax you into racing? or he's braking the law himself by stunting and reving in order to make you brake the law?:dunno:

I guess you have the choice not to comment the unlawful act.
still thats craazy.

Entrapment is if they get you to commit a crime that you would not normally commit. I think it would be very hard to argue that the one and only time you respond to what the cop did is the one time you raced.

Spinzz 4
06-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by NewLextasy

You think thats bad.. I had a jeep srt8 pull up to me between country hills and airdrie.. he kept going back and forth next to me and trying to race and egged me on for soo long and then i finally gave in after saying no and floored it and he instantly had a suction cup light that he put on the window and pulled me over..

he said i had better learn to have better judgment when ppl egg me on and not to give in and then gave me court date ticket for going more then 50k over... thank god the crown siad it was bs that he did that and threw it out i woulda told him to fuck off, that is such bs

schocker
06-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
Since I drive Stoney a lot... has been a white extended cab Ford F150 4X4 with a work rack across the back window pulling people over the last few days-even 10 at night.

Couple of weekends ago saw three unmarked police cars ALL with people pulled over between 14th Street and Shag on Stoney Trail... grey/blue charger, white ford as noted above and a white lincoln navigator.
I have seen that truck very often even on crowchild near stoney pulling people over later than that. A new one I saw was I believe a White F250 SD, pulled someone over on 144th.

cycosis
06-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
thanks for the heads up. I wonder if they have unmarked cars that looks like a cab.

They do, I've only seen it once though. It was a maroon crown victoria with a small white plastic "taxi" sign on the roof.

sillysod
06-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Spinzz 4
i woulda told him to fuck off, that is such bs

yeah, generally works out really well if you just tell the cop to fuck off....

good spot though

arian_ma
06-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Mother fuckers

n1zm0
06-23-2010, 08:36 AM

i got pulled over by one of these on highway 1 just close to city limits last year, driving to springbank airport everyday, there are tons of contractor looking trucks (with the diamond plate covered toolbox in the rear bed), so getting pulled over by this thing i was in shock.

i've also seen unmarked ford explorer sport tracs and chevy colorado extended cabs on the trans canada in the morning, i used to make it a rule of thumb that for suspected unmarked vehicles with no options such as running boards and foglights and having fleet registration black stickers on the plates were deemed to be potentially police so i'd slow down, now these guys are starting to put bug deflectors and shovel racks on their trucks ffs.

scat330
06-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

When did they started using transit vehicles

Years ago, we saw a radar gun sticking out of a van with T on the side of it, when you come into the 50 zone on 16th ave before sarcee.

dsr7723
06-23-2010, 09:09 AM

he said i had better learn to have better judgment when ppl egg me on and not to give in and then gave me court date ticket for going more then 50k over... thank god the crown siad it was bs that he did that and threw it out

I had one of the sneaky white F-150's complete with headache rack and toolbox do the same thing to me up Stony Trail about a month ago, only I noticed he had someone pulled over as I originally drove by him so I didn't fall for it. Then he pulls away a few hundred yards up, angle parks with the lights on halfway up Stony and pulls over an Audi and a Mazda, and just waved me by.

lellowrx7
06-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by sillysod

yeah, generally works out really well if you just tell the cop to fuck off....

lol i can see that going well for anyone

luxor
06-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Spinzz 4
i woulda told him to fuck off, that is such bs

Sweet, I will totally tell them to fuck off next time I get pulled over.

Kennyredline
06-23-2010, 11:56 AM

While he was driving like a douche you should have phoned the cops and reported a drunk driver!:poosie:

revelations
06-23-2010, 12:01 PM
How dare the Traffic guys catch people driving like douchebags, unaware that they are being watched...
(eg. not signalling, following too close, etc.)

.... we should have a right to know when there is a cop around !!!!

beyond_ban
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by revelations
How dare the Traffic guys catch people driving like douchebags, unaware that they are being watched...

Sarcasm? I think we deserve to know...

revelations
06-23-2010, 02:22 PM
People whine and bitch that all cops do is ticket people doing 10+ the speed limit, and dont catch the boneheads who drive like they're the only ones that matter.

Well, these vehicles are intended to catch just these people.

Its not just about speeders - although they will nab those people as well.

I dont agree with the entrapment idea though.

A story I heard back when I was with the force:

RCMP member was driving an unmarked Voyager minivan on a 4 lane city road.

While rounding a gentle curve, member's minivan drifted ever so slightly into a neighbouring vehicles' lane - but not OVER the line.

Neighbouring vehicle operator takes exception and decides to cut off RCMP member in minivan and rides his brakes.

RCMP member signals and switches lanes.

Offending vehicle switches lanes again and does the same thing.

RCMP member activates lights and sirens.

Offending vehicle gets Pwned

nonlinear
06-24-2010, 02:24 PM

yeap, saw this truck whipping down crowchild SE with lights flashing. otherwise, looks just like some construction worker or roughneck dude.

tehwegz
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM

seriously... this ain't no police state.

btimbit
06-25-2010, 02:26 AM
How about the unmarked Grand Caravan's that the community liaison officers drive? I saw one of those pull someone over and didn't know what to think

revelations
06-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by tehwegz

seriously... this ain't no police state.

Youre right it isnt - unless youre operating a motor vehicle.

Thats almost the only time a cop can stop you and make you show them your "papers, citizen".

bbcustoms
07-02-2010, 12:51 PM

A story I heard back when I was with the force:

RCMP member was driving an unmarked Voyager minivan on a 4 lane city road.

While rounding a gentle curve, member's minivan drifted ever so slightly into a neighbouring vehicles' lane - but not OVER the line.

Neighbouring vehicle operator takes exception and decides to cut off RCMP member in minivan and rides his brakes.

RCMP member signals and switches lanes.

Offending vehicle switches lanes again and does the same thing.

RCMP member activates lights and sirens.

Offending vehicle gets Pwned

I had a similar situation but i was actually cut off bad by the cop.
It was a green trailblazer with a plainclothes officer. After being cut off the road rage kicked in so i pretty much did the same thing and proceeded to get pulled over. I apologized and explained my frustration and got the standard "that still does not give you the right" but he did let me off with a warning so i can't complain.

TorqueDog
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
While he was driving like a douche you should have phoned the cops and reported a drunk driver!:poosie: Now THAT is a quality idea. :thumbsup: