PDA

View Full Version : Tinting Illusions

InRich
06-22-2010, 09:22 PM
So I just had my brand new BMW 3M'ed by Jarod Simmie at Tinting Illusions. I heard about him through some of you here on beyond.

My usual place for tint/3m was Shadow Tint, I've had a few cars done there, and in all honesty I went there first. they quoted me 1300 to do the sensitive area's of my new X5. what pissed me off was the fact that I booked the appointment with them, only to have them tell me they had no time, and that my car would have to stay over night, and wouldnt be ready until closing the next day...

So I go over to tinting illusions just down the street. I spoke with Jarod, and he immediatly dropped what he was doing and went over my car with me. He took his time to explain everything so I could make a comfortable, informed decision.

We went back in, and I asked him how much, he told me 1000. After telling him I was from beyond, he hooked me up with the entire job for 900. He booked me in the next day, today, it took him around 6 hours, and the job came out perfect.

Just wanted to let you guys know he's a great guy to deal with, fair, and extremly passonate about what he does. The 3M looks great.

Thanks Jarod.

KRZY403
06-22-2010, 11:07 PM
I got my windows tinted at Tinting Illusions too about a month ago because of all the good feedback I was reading on here. There is no doubt that they do a really good job doing the tints. Unfortunately, after a couple days I noticed my interior door panels weren't put back properly, clip broken etc. I uploaded some pictures to give you an idea what I mean.

The very first thing I noticed was there was a white hand sized piece of plastic hanging out from the gap in between the door panel and door a day after I got the car back. I didn't think much of it so I just ripped it out and threw it away. Later on I found out what it was. Here's a picture for reference (not from my car)
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/17.jpg

As you can see below there are gaps in between the door and the plastic interior panel on both the driver and passenger side because they weren't installed properly when they removed them to tint the windows.
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-11201916.jpg

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-11201944.jpg

Here I noticed a gap in between the window controls and the door handle. It had never been there before so I curious to see what was wrong with it. I was surprised how easily it came out without much effort by just prying with my finger nails. Inside a found a small piece of plastic that had been snapped off which helped to hold it down, hence why the gap exists.
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-12184816.jpg
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-12184722.jpg

So just caution when you take your car there for tints. I was satisfied with the tint job and the discount I got for being a beyond member, but if I had known it would be like this I would have paid more elsewhere. I also didn't bring my car back to get it fixed for obvious reasons. I was going to bring back to the dealership but they charge up the ass so I figure I'll just do it right myself.

7thgenvic
06-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by KRZY403
I got my windows tinted at Tinting Illusions too about a month ago because of all the good feedback I was reading on here. There is no doubt that they do a really good job doing the tints. Unfortunately, after a couple days I noticed my interior door panels weren't put back properly, clip broken etc. I uploaded some pictures to give you an idea what I mean.

The very first thing I noticed was there was a white hand sized piece of plastic hanging out from the gap in between the door panel and door a day after I got the car back. I didn't think much of it so I just ripped it out and threw it away. Later on I found out what it was. Here's a picture for reference (not from my car)
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/17.jpg

As you can see below there are gaps in between the door and the plastic interior panel on both the driver and passenger side because they weren't installed properly when they removed them to tint the windows.
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-11201916.jpg

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-11201944.jpg

Here I noticed a gap in between the window controls and the door handle. It had never been there before so I curious to see what was wrong with it. I was surprised how easily it came out without much effort by just prying with my finger nails. Inside a found a small piece of plastic that had been snapped off which helped to hold it down, hence why the gap exists.
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-12184816.jpg
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww300/anbu387/2010-05-12184722.jpg

So just caution when you take your car there for tints. I was satisfied with the tint job and the discount I got for being a beyond member, but if I had known it would be like this I would have paid more elsewhere. I also didn't bring my car back to get it fixed for obvious reasons. I was going to bring back to the dealership but they charge up the ass so I figure I'll just do it right myself.

That tiny thin paper wouldn't make a gap that big to begin with. Give the panel a push. It's crappy Honda clips. I've broken hundreds of these over the years. and even with new ones there were still gaps.

I will always refer people to Jarod. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KRZY403
06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
What paper are you talking about? The gaps were actually wider than in the pictures. That was the best I could do to push them together. As for the plastic piece that snapped, I'll just use super glue. I don't know who put the interior back together but it could have been anyone. When I dropped the car off Jarod wasn't even there. There were two other guys working on the cars.

scat330
06-23-2010, 08:44 AM
^ I know what you mean, my friend who I referred to go there, his car front doors on his 04 BMW don't lock anymore - the little locking push pins that you push down to lock don't work anymore. We have to remove both his door panels to fix.

I want to go over mine now... the right door rattles more than it used to... :dunno:

jsimmie
06-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey Guys it really looks like you went out of your way to post pictures and details, even though the pics are not from your car, the car you say the door panel was not put back on right....... a month ago. Why would you not call tinting illusions the day you noticed the problem so it could be addressed, tinting illusions would not hesitate to fix it!

teeitup
06-23-2010, 01:06 PM
I have had several vehicles 3m'd and tinted from Tinting Illusions, they have always done an awesome job, never a problem with material or staff. If there was a problem you should have just called them instead of splashing around bad reccomendations about them, I am sure they would have rectified the problem.
These guys do an amazing job and I will never hesitate to take any future vehicles to them.:thumbsup:

scat330
06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by teeitup
I have had several vehicles 3m'd and tinted from Tinting Illusions, they have always done an awesome job, never a problem with material or staff. If there was a problem you should have just called them instead of splashing around bad reccomendations about them, I am sure they would have rectified the problem.
These guys do an amazing job and I will never hesitate to take any future vehicles to them.:thumbsup:

Easy, mr. signed up to just post this one post.

If they screwed up the first time, why send it back? Me and my friend are going to fix his car ourselves - make sure it's done right.

You missed my post if you didn't see that I said my car seems to be fine, however.

Jetta-2.0
06-23-2010, 05:59 PM
lol wow, KRZY403 u found a problem after tinting your car at a place and you didnt go back and complane? then you shouldnt complane to people on here..... if u did go back and talk to jarod him self then im sure he would of fixed the problem or gave you some money back if he cant replace it. I did my tints there and one of the windows wasnt that perfect I told jarod the next day and he told me to bring the car back in he was working on a 2010 cobra when I went over there and he stoped his work on the car and 30 mins later I had a brand new perfect tint he also offered for me to stand by him and watch him reinstall the bad tint but I didnt want to inpose but that 2010 cobra is a hell of a car it was brought right from the dealer with the stickers still on it :drool:

KRZY403
06-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by jsimmie
Hey Guys it really looks like you went out of your way to post pictures and details, even though the pics are not from your car, the car you say the door panel was not put back on right....... a month ago. Why would you not call tinting illusions the day you noticed the problem so it could be addressed, tinting illusions would not hesitate to fix it!

The pictures ARE from my car. Just not the first one. The plastic that i ripped off, I threw it away so I found a picture online for an example only. I also said I didn't bother to complain or take my car back for obvious reasons. Imagine yourself eating at a restaurant and you got shitty service. What are the chances you would go back?

I'm not trying to bash Tinting Illusions here. Just letting people know they should be a bit cautious when leaving their car with someone else. I'm happy with the tints but they should probably be more careful with their customer's cars that's all.

kevie88
06-23-2010, 06:40 PM
I had a great experience with Tinting Illusions, Jarod did a fantastic job on my STI just before last winter. Even tho it was super cold out I jad absolutely no problems with the rockguard coming off.

I'll be referring people to Mr Simmie in the future. Great job!

Jetta-2.0
06-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by KRZY403

The pictures ARE from my car. Just not the first one. The plastic that i ripped off, I threw it away so I found a picture online for an example only. I also said I didn't bother to complain or take my car back for obvious reasons. Imagine yourself eating at a restaurant and you got shitty service. What are the chances you would go back?

I'm not trying to bash Tinting Illusions here. Just letting people know they should be a bit cautious when leaving their car with someone else. I'm happy with the tints but they should probably be more careful with their customer's cars that's all.

I know what you mean but still if you did go back to jarod and told him ur problem im sure he will help in any way to repay you either in returning some of the money or buying you glue to glue ur snaped slip :rofl:

InRich
06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by teeitup

no doubt... if the guy had fucked up my car, I woulda lost it, let alone complain. coming on here and bashing him & his company is weak. dude just grow some balls or something, go in there and solve the problem man to man, not on here like a pussy.

InRich
06-23-2010, 08:18 PM
lol!!! especially with pictures not from your car... jesus buddy.

Mibz
06-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by scat330
If they screwed up the first time, why send it back? Because people make mistakes and how they deal with those mistakes says more about them than the fact that they screwed up in the first place.

Don't forget to inform your boss that people shouldn't be given a chance to correct their mistakes.

962 kid
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
If you don't let them know a mistake was made, then wtf are you on here complaining about? A small mistake like a broken door clip is bound to happen every now and then in the world of window tinting, so I'm sure it would be a non-issue for them to take care of it.

Quit whining, and deal with issues like a man instead of a 14 year old. You are being nothing but a little bitch by posting your problems here instead of talking to the people who can fix it for you.

Originally posted by Mibz
Because people make mistakes and how they deal with those mistakes says more about them than the fact that they screwed up in the first place.

:werd: :werd:

KRZY403
06-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by InRich
lol!!! especially with pictures not from your car... jesus buddy.

Do some people not read or what? I said twice already that they're pics from my car except for the FIRST pic. It's there TO SHOW you guys what I meant when I was referring to the WHITE PIECE OF PLASTIC. Hell, I even put it in caps for you just in case you missed it... jesus buddy

Look guys, we can argue all day and night about who's right or wrong, what I should or shouldn't have done. Not everyone is the same. These are things I can easily fix myself. Why the hell should I drive all the way back down there for a second time when it should have been done right the first time? To the guys making a huge deal out of this, you're the ones acting like a 14 year old kid with your insults.

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM

no doubt... if the guy had fucked up my car, I woulda lost it, let alone complain. coming on here and bashing him & his company is weak. dude just grow some balls or something, go in there and solve the problem man to man, not on here like a pussy.

LOL.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306550&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

He wasn't coming here to try to solve a problem. He was just stating an experience he had, just like you did with your Accord.

If they fucked up his RSX, do you think he's really going to bring it back and have them fix it given his circumstance? He would likely have doubts and open up the panels to check again just in case, and it looked like something he could do himself anyways.

Unlike you, he isn't going to lose it there and act like a fucking hyena, you Status whoring douchebag. Going there and addressing it is one thing, but losing it is another.

Edit: My god, I can see you flooring your X5 everywhere you go like you need to compete with everyone or something.

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Because people make mistakes and how they deal with those mistakes says more about them than the fact that they screwed up in the first place.

Don't forget to inform your boss that people shouldn't be given a chance to correct their mistakes.

Mibz, that is 100% true. However, the gaps are quite noticeable. I wonder how the installer may have missed those.

Mibz
06-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Mibz, that is 100% true. However, the gaps are quite noticeable. I wonder how the installer may have missed those. I understand. If I were in his position I'm sure I'd be asking myself the same question. I'm sure there are many possible answers, some more legitimate than others, but how can you know without asking?

cocoabrova
06-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
If you don't let them know a mistake was made, then wtf are you on here complaining about? A small mistake like a broken door clip is bound to happen every now and then in the world of window tinting, so I'm sure it would be a non-issue for them to take care of it.

Quit whining, and deal with issues like a man instead of a 14 year old. You are being nothing but a little bitch by posting your problems here instead of talking to the people who can fix it for you.

:rolleyes: ORLY?
So what happens when someone deals with an issue with a shop "like a man" and tries to get the prob resolved in person, but then gets blown off for the next 4mths and HAS to resort to the intarweb to voice his story and maybe try and get some closure/answers/resolve??

So I guess I agree with you that dude should take it back to Tinting Illusions for any comeback/warranty work if they were in fact at fault, but as we BOTH know sometimes things don't work out for the customer and shit doesn't get fixed :thumbsup:

Zero102
06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jsimmie

Originally posted by kevie88
I had a great experience with Tinting Illusions, Jarod did a fantastic job on my STI just before last winter. Even tho it was super cold out I jad absolutely no problems with the rockguard coming off.

I'll be referring people to Mr Simmie in the future. Great job!

Wait a second, Jarod is the guy who made an account just for one response in which he tries to act unbiased by talking about the company he works for in the 3rd person and being somewhat rude in his response? Kind of shady that. :thumbsdow

InRich
06-24-2010, 10:16 AM

LOL.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306550&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

He wasn't coming here to try to solve a problem. He was just stating an experience he had, just like you did with your Accord.

If they fucked up his RSX, do you think he's really going to bring it back and have them fix it given his circumstance? He would likely have doubts and open up the panels to check again just in case, and it looked like something he could do himself anyways.

Unlike you, he isn't going to lose it there and act like a fucking hyena, you Status whoring douchebag. Going there and addressing it is one thing, but losing it is another.

Edit: My god, I can see you flooring your X5 everywhere you go like you need to compete with everyone or something.

lol you upset that your a loser in life or something?
just an fyi, I did go back to crystal glass, nice and calm I explained, that my car just died, in the middle of traffic, (half a block down from their shop) where I had to push the car to the side of the road. that the wires, they severed caused a fire in my car, and that the car would no longer fucking start.... They said, it was their fault, and they would take care of it in the morning? u with me so far douche bag?

now. very calm, I had to take a taxi home, which cost me 65 bucks, then the next day, I had to take a taxi back there, only to be told by the manager that they would take no responsibility for "whatever" happened, and he simply walked away. wow. so thats when I lost it....

As for my new X5, how the fuck would you know how I drive it? idiot. dont think I've stepped on it yet, and I havn't even taken it over 100. tell you what, you can talk shit to me when you can afford one, mmk? u dont know me, so dont be talking shit.

Stunt66
06-24-2010, 10:18 AM

Are you stupid or something Disoblige? If you could only read you'd see that inrich owns a BRAND NEW BMW and not just an x5. How would you feel if you put a post up and mentioned you had a BRAND NEW BMW and in the next line mentioned it as a NEW X5 again to only have another member just call it a regular x5?

Disoblige
06-24-2010, 10:55 AM

lol you upset that your a loser in life or something?
just an fyi, I did go back to crystal glass, nice and calm I explained, that my car just died, in the middle of traffic, (half a block down from their shop) where I had to push the car to the side of the road. that the wires, they severed caused a fire in my car, and that the car would no longer fucking start.... They said, it was their fault, and they would take care of it in the morning? u with me so far douche bag?

Yep! I'm with you so far hyena. You went back there nice and calm and explained that your car just died, in the middle of traffic, where you had to push the car to the side of the road.. blah blah.. and that the car would no longer "fucking" start.. Your tone in your CRYSTAL GLASS SUCKS thread (look at the title even) and in this post does not convey a "nice and calm" attitude so it definitely says a lot about your base character.

Also hyena, what do you expect to be said about you when you formed such a stupid and rude response to KRZY403:

So again, you said that if the guy "fucked" up your car, you "woulda lost it, let alone complain." Then you become a hypocrite because you just described yourself as a giant pussy and that you are complete weaksauce.

By the way, if you don't know me then how would you know if I can afford one or not? Oh I know why, I just didn't let the world know I could. Hyena, people don't need to know you because you demonstrate who you really are here very well! :thumbsup:

Dude, you were going to bitch slap someone and film it for some petty ram, and now you are trying to act all baller when you clearly stated in other threads you wanted to buy a car for "Status" but need to take out a loan for it? Just trying to fool your "high end clients".

Originally posted by Stunt66

Are you stupid or something Disoblige? If you could only read you'd see that inrich owns a BRAND NEW BMW and not just an x5. How would you feel if you put a post up and mentioned you had a BRAND NEW BMW and in the next line mentioned it as a NEW X5 again to only have another member just call it a regular x5?
Fuck! My bad. And all this time I just called InRich's old Accord just an "Accord" and not a "Like New Accord" too.

InRich
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM
^ try putting half the effort you do coming on here into your actual life, you might actually get somewhere... your a loser.

Disoblige
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
^ try putting half the effort you do coming on here into your actual life, you might actually get somewhere... your a loser.
It's OK InRich. Just because it's difficult for you doesn't mean it takes a lot of effort for everyone else to form opinions or state facts on here.

Xtrema
06-24-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't see the point of all the bitching when TI doesn't even know about the issue and have a chance to make it right or defend themselves.

The only reason KRZY rant about it is that nobody can really prove who broke the clip. And harder for installer to accept the blame the longer you take to report it to them.

Clever
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
LOL, at the hate going on in here, well I see why the OP did not go back to Tinting Illusions but a simple phone call to let them know what was going on would've, could've made a big difference, if you gave them a chance to address the issue, even if the situation got worse or if it got rectified then at least there would be more info for us to decide if the shop is worth it to go to or not.

On a side note, Inrich - I always see a black Jeep that has ENRICH plate on the road by my mom's house in the SW, is that yours by any chance? Not trying to stir shit with you, just curious.

jsimmie
06-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

Wait a second, Jarod is the guy who made an account just for one response in which he tries to act unbiased by talking about the company he works for in the 3rd person and being somewhat rude in his response? Kind of shady that. :thumbsdow

I actually did not just sing up to post a reply, and I was not trying to be rude, I was just very surprised at some of the comments and I was not even aware there was an issue with buddy's car. I think in all fairness the problem should have brought to my attention long before any of these posts where made.

InRich
06-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Clever
LOL, at the hate going on in here, well I see why the OP did not go back to Tinting Illusions but a simple phone call to let them know what was going on would've, could've made a big difference, if you gave them a chance to address the issue, even if the situation got worse or if it got rectified then at least there would be more info for us to decide if the shop is worth it to go to or not.

On a side note, Inrich - I always see a black Jeep that has ENRICH plate on the road by my mom's house in the SW, is that yours by any chance? Not trying to stir shit with you, just curious.

I'm the OP btw... and I loved Tinting Illusions, guy was great.
lol, I just have a normal plate, I'd LOOOOOVE to have an EnRich plate.... I drive a black x5 man, and I live in the SE ;)

Mys73ri0
06-24-2010, 11:33 PM
now. very calm, I had to take a taxi home, which cost me 65 bucks, then the next day, I had to take a taxi back there, only to be told by the manager that they would take no responsibility for "whatever" happened, and he simply walked away. wow. so thats when I lost it....

you may take this the wrong way, but lets say you were in the same situation with another glass shop
Would you try to:
go back and resolve it again and maybe deal with the same situation again?
Or would you just cut your losses and try to solve your problem on your own as KRZY403 did with his car when he brought it to TI?

InRich
06-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Mys73ri0

you may take this the wrong way, but lets say you were in the same situation with another glass shop
Would you try to:
go back and resolve it again and maybe deal with the same situation again?
Or would you just cut your losses and try to solve your problem on your own as KRZY403 did with his car when he brought it to TI?

I woulda handled it the exact same. If I'm unhappy with anything I paid for, I'll always go back.

what pissed me off about crystal glass, was the fact that the owner / manager just walked away claiming no responsability.

Clever
06-25-2010, 11:24 AM

I'm the OP btw... and I loved Tinting Illusions, guy was great.
lol, I just have a normal plate, I'd LOOOOOVE to have an EnRich plate.... I drive a black x5 man, and I live in the SE ;)

My bad thought the other guy started the thread but yeah, everytime I drove by that jeep I thought it was you. Free ad if that's your business name I guess.:thumbsup:

max_boost
06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
LOL at the beef between disoblige and Inrich LOL

I understand where KRZY403 is coming from when he said he didn't want to take the car back for (insert any reason here) but in my only time dealing with Jarrod, he came across as so chill and easy going that if I had any problems I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 12:33 PM

LOL.

hahaha, this is an awesome post. can't believe you had it in you Disoblige, since you're generally so courteous on here. LOL.

Originally posted by Stunt66

more win. this thread is fucking gold.