PDA

View Full Version : Who works at Nexen?

Super_Geo
06-23-2010, 01:30 PM
For those that do, how do you guys like it?

navdeep
06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
i work in the

Intnl Strategy and Planning

for International Oil & Gas

i love it great people .. there really really fixable with when you start or days off , they also always have fresh fruit and other health stuff on each floor

Manhattan
06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Hiring?

flipstah
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Hiring?

The_Rural_Juror
06-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Originally posted by Manhattan
Hiring?

Commanderwiggin
06-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Used to work for them...office staff get treated very well. Field employees get forgotten.

CrazyDyde12
06-23-2010, 07:53 PM
recent hire, so far im loving it

davidI
06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I've worked in both Calgary & Yemen for them for about 5 years. Generally a good company from an HSE&SR standpoint. A lot depends on your manager / supervisor and the people you work with, just as it would anywhere else.

The big downside at the moment is that the share price is underperforming, so long-term incentives aren't really there.

The company certainly tries to look after employees though and if you're after a "secure" job, it's a great company to work for.

broken_legs
06-23-2010, 09:58 PM
I've met several current and ex Nexen employees. 80% of them have done a few months in Yemen.

Petrophysicists, DEs, Co. Men etc..

From what I have witnessed they all seemed like a good bunch and were pretty happy with things.

RE: Share Price, not sure if it matters but some analyst from BMO was on BNN today pumping Nexen, saying they aren't getting fair value on all of their assets

Buzzard, Horn River, Cold Lake? Etc...

davidI
06-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Analysts / management have being saying that the company is undervalued for a long time. I think when Long Lake starts producing harder our stock will come up a bit. Then again, this gulf oil spill isn't helping matters much. I'm not sure if the UK's budget will hurt Buzzard and the other North Sea production or not - I'm not into UK politics enough to have given it a read!

One has to think that if we were really that undervalued, one of the other big majors out there would have taken a run at the company. There has been speculation that Total would try to take Nexen out for ages.

broken_legs
06-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by davidI
Analysts / management have being saying that the company is undervalued for a long time. I think when Long Lake starts producing harder our stock will come up a bit. Then again, this gulf oil spill isn't helping matters much. I'm not sure if the UK's budget will hurt Buzzard and the other North Sea production or not - I'm not into UK politics enough to have given it a read!

One has to think that if we were really that undervalued, one of the other big majors out there would have taken a run at the company. There has been speculation that Total would try to take Nexen out for ages.

Sorry Long Lake, not cold lake.

Yeah thats the big 'IF' right now AFAIK.

Whats the deal with Long Lake?

adam c
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't work for them, but I'm watching those fucking crazy window washers clean the Nexen building from my office window

Jim Rome99
06-24-2010, 06:07 PM
I used to work at Long Lake on the Opti side and the Nexen side. All of the operators told me to dump my Nexen stock because the plant is riddled with problems and none of them expect the place to turn any profits for at least another decade.

princeaidin
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Has anyone seen the SORs out of Long Lake, they were happy at around 5 last I heard, thats down from 7.

Where projects like Chrsitina Lake and others are doing 2.5, that project has been doomed with so many problems getting the steam chambers to develop and heat loss is a major issue due to the bottom water or, top and bottom water zones. Some of those pads I don't know what Nexen was thinking!

kamakurakid
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a fine short on the stock and you will never need to work again.

broken_legs
06-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by kamakurakid
Sounds like a fine short on the stock and you will never need to work again.

You'd bet against Buzzard, Scott, Yemen, and the Horn River?

good luck with that one.. :)

300rwhp
07-05-2010, 11:58 AM
i would bet against the last two

princeaidin
07-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I'd say too late to short, Horn River is unconventional gas if I remember correctly, its gonna be a while before it pays (ie. higher gas prices).

The barett shales owned us for gas prices, god damn texans/

Same with the louisville and lafayatte developments.

I wouldnt short the stock though.

l/l/rX
07-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I just had an interview with them on monday *crossing fingers* hoping to get in with them!!!

edit: just a question out of curiosity...do most jobs require a credit check or does it depend what field you're going into?

legendboy
07-14-2010, 10:28 PM
fuck you nexen employees for your SDDR requirements :cry: :rofl:

i say fucku all epc's for the same reason, u bastards! lol