PDA

View Full Version : Cop took my license

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
hey guys, i need your help. So today when i was on break from work, i went home to get food with my co-worker. i left a bit late so i needed to hurry. on my way back to work i came to a set of lights with one car in each lane in front of me. the light turned green and the cars proceeded through the intersection. the car on the left (saturn) had pulled farther ahead so i saw the opportunity to speed up in order to not be late. i pulled into the left lane and accelerated to pass the car in the right (vw) so i can proceed to work. as i am about to change to the right lane the vw had sped up next to me and was now unable to change lanes. the person in the car rolled down the window to say something. i couldn't hear him over my car so i somewhat ignored him. by now the saturn had accelerated giving me space to change lanes. i sped up and moved into the right lane to make my turn. I asked my buddy what he said and he told me that he couldn't really hear him. sounded like he said thats a nice ride or learn how to drive. as i came up to the intersection i noticed he began to follow me. i made my right turn and so did he. he came up beside me and showed his badge and told me to pull over. so he is an off duty officer in his own car. (supposedly) he asked for my license and told me i must be the dumbest kid around. obviously what he said to me earlier was important. he told me to go to the riverbend police station tomorrow so he can issue me a ticket. he then asked for my registration. i gave him my little pamphlet thing and he said it wasn't in there. i looked myself and couldn't see it. so i go to look in my glove box and he walks away to he vehicle and leaves with my license. he let me drive without my license! and didn't give me a ticket or anything, no reason behind taking my license. whats this all about. sorry for the long read

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Very weird story.

I would go to the police station tomorrow and explain your story like you did here. Just that you wanted to change lanes but he wouldn't let you and then he mumbled something to you.

By chance were you going over the limit or in a school/playground zone while trying to pass the VW?

Kloubek
Well, I'm guessing he wasn't saying "nice ride".

toyboy88
Retard + Self owning...? :nut: :dunno:

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:35 PM
i was on the bridge by the nissan dealership that goes over deerfoot. i did accerlate yes and was probably over 60 but i was in second gear so i couldn't be by much

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Well, I'm guessing he wasn't saying "nice ride".

hahah definitely not

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
Retard + Self owning...? :nut: :dunno:

what?

broken_legs
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DSM4LIFE
i was on the bridge by the nissan dealership that goes over deerfoot. i did accerlate yes and was probably over 60 but i was in second gear so i couldn't be by much

There is no bridge that goes across deerfoot.

Do you mean the bridge on Glenmore that crosses the river?

Or do you mean the overpass on Deerfoot that crosses Glenmore?

There is always a 60 km/hr zone due to the construction on the Glenmore/Bow River bridge thingy It starts right at the A&W and goes over the bridge.

Edit:
Is there another Nissan Dealership by deerfoot im not aware of? Sorry in advance if there is! :)

Redlyne_mr2
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM
There is an overpass that goes over deerfoot near Brasso Nissan.

broken_legs
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
There is an overpass that goes over deerfoot near Brasso Nissan.

The one that crosses over to Deerfoot mEadows right?

My bad.

:D

psycoticclown
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Pretty sure he means by the Nissan dealership in the auto mall, so the "bridge" he's referring to is the Glenmore overpass.

Either way, cop shouldn't have taken your license, you sure his badge was real? I don't think a real cop would do that.

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
yes there is a bridge. i know for sure lol this is real messed up. im not sure if im correct but im pretty sure he cant take my license like that. and with a traffic violation he has to issue the ticket then and there. he can;t give me anything tomorrow. right?

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
i have no idea if the badge was real but i didn't really want to question it. i called the non emergency line and reported it though

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Pretty sure he means by the Nissan dealership in the auto mall, so the "bridge" he's referring to is the Glenmore overpass.

Either way, cop shouldn't have taken your license, you sure his badge was real? I don't think a real cop would do that.
Yeah that is REALLY weird. I guess OP will find out tomorrow. Keep us posted! Did you perhaps get the license plate of the VW just in case you go to the Police Station and find out if was a fake encounter?

Modelexis
06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
I will not be reading that block of text. Pay up sucker.

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
ya ill find out tomorrow and no i didn't get the license plate. fail. ill let you guys know. as for modelexis he did not issue me andy tickets so i wont be paying anything. its just messed up as now i cant drive now and i have a grade twelve diploma tomorrow at 9

Kloubek
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
This whole situation seems a little peculiar and hard to believe...

... you actually managed to get your grade 12 diploma?

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:54 PM

whats this comment for? i asking for peoples advice not some dick face to be a dick face

bignerd
06-23-2010, 10:54 PM
That is strange... I can't see him taking your license, what happens if you get pulled over by a real unit "Uh, gee officer, strangest thing happened earlier today...." As well most cops have business cards with their info on it and would give you one I would think.........

What is he going to do, leave the ticket at the cop shop for you to pick up? Is he on desk duty there all day and going to wait for you?

Did you ask to see his badge closer? I would of called the city police right then and there while I sat in my car to verify his info.

Modelexis
06-23-2010, 10:56 PM
whats this comment for? i asking for peoples advice not some dick face to be a dick face

:rofl: :rofl:

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 10:57 PM
i had to get my parents to pick up the car just so that wouldn't happen. he works at the riverbend station and i live in riverbend. yes he expects me to come because he has my license. when i got back to work i told my boss what happened then told my parents. mom went to cop station but it was closed.

inline6turbo
06-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Good on you for reporting it. That sounds way to fishy.

You can drive without a license, if you get pulled over say you lost it and you have 24hours to produce one. SO what I'd do, is be first in line at the registries office (southland registries is open at 8am as I'm sure others are) and get a temporary license while they mail you a new one. They can do this because on your file it won't say it's suspended because I can almost GUARANTEE that wasn't a real police officer.

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
That is strange... I can't see him taking your license, what happens if you get pulled over by a real unit "Uh, gee officer, strangest thing happened earlier today...." As well most cops have business cards with their info on it and would give you one I would think.........

What is he going to do, leave the ticket at the cop shop for you to pick up? Is he on desk duty there all day and going to wait for you?

Did you ask to see his badge closer? I would of called the city police right then and there while I sat in my car to verify his info.
Seriously, if a off-duty cop flashed me his badge I wouldn't even know what the fuck a real badge is supposed to look like. I wouldn't give him my license and actually would call the real police given the situation.

I didn't think of that before but if it does happen in the future, I likely would just resist him :rofl:

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 11:01 PM
well i got a diploma tomorrow morning so ill get to the station asap. and yeah as it happened i didn't really know what to do cause it was so messed up. but ill know what to do if this happens again.

Modelexis
06-23-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm putting my money on, that WAS a cop.
A cop pissed off enough to pull him over in his personal vehicle is pissed off enough to take his licence.

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
i agree with you. when i talked to the non emergency line they said thats a possibility as well.

inline6turbo
06-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Seriously, if a off-duty cop flashed me his badge I wouldn't even know what the fuck a real badge is supposed to look like. I wouldn't give him my license and actually would call the real police given the situation.

I didn't think of that before but if it does happen in the future, I likely would just resist him :rofl:

To my knowledge off duty cops have to call another on duty to come ticket/whatever, all he can do is stop you? Same as RCMP within the city, they have to call local enforcement to ticket/whatever.

Modelexis
06-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Cops can write down your plate and send you a ticket in the mail if they want to.
It's foolish to think they have some complicated steps to hand out tickets.
Even if you fight it and win, they still have the last laugh.

Cody D
06-23-2010, 11:07 PM
I've had two different officers take my license and tell me to meet them at the station, it's not uncommon. One was in his uniform but in his personal car, the other was just in a rush.

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
Cops can write down your plate and send you a ticket in the mail if they want to.
It's foolish to think they have some complicated steps to hand out tickets.
Even if you fight it and win, they still have the last laugh.
So you're saying an off-duty cop can just be driving in his personal vehicle, see you speed for example in your car, write down your plate and mail you a ticket?

Modelexis
06-23-2010, 11:08 PM

So you're saying an off-duty cop can just be driving in his personal vehicle, see you speed for example in your car, write down your plate and mail it to you?

Absolutely.

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 11:09 PM

Absolutely.
They would make a killing :rofl:

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 11:11 PM
ya i was told that the ticket has to be issued then and there if pulled over. i dont know about just mailing them cause then wouldn't every cop just drive there own car and have fed ex on speed dial?

Modelexis
06-23-2010, 11:12 PM
ya i was told that the ticket has to be issued then and there if pulled over. i dont know about just mailing them cause then wouldn't every cop just drive there own car and have fed ex on speed dial?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/234239/off-duty-rcmp-officer-question/

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 11:15 PM

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/234239/off-duty-rcmp-officer-question/

welll......fuck

Disoblige
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
i would of stopped, looked at his nasty face, then told him to eat two dicks, and if you wanna do something about, to call his mom at my house.

:rofl: :rofl:

Spinzz 4
06-23-2010, 11:28 PM

:D :banghead: :banghead: If he asks for a retard to comment, it would have specified...

2Valve0
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I have a question.
Was this cop in a silver VW golf?

I never posted this story on beyond(happened about a year ago now)...but on memorial one day a guy was driving like a complete and I mean complete asshole. He cut 3 people off behind me and then cut me off almost forcing me into the barrier then break checked infront of me. I changed lanes to get the F away from this dude and give him one dirty ass look and he fingers me and starts yelling out his window pointed to the side of the road and begins to slow down and pull over and I just keep going then he cut me off once again. This happened all the way from edmonton trail to around deerfoot where he threw a water bottle out his window and hits the side of my previous car, an integra. I called the non emergency line and reported it with the license plate and it seemed the lady already knew who I was talking about. 5 minutes later I get a call from home saying I was throwing things out my window at an undercover or off duty cop or something. Saying I could go to jail blah blah but they will let me off because the cop was driving bad or something.

Now tell me what the fuck did I do, I wasn't speeding, no cutting off just driving minding my own business and this fucking asshole messes with me and I get the blame. I bet it was the exact same fuck.

DSM4LIFE
06-23-2010, 11:34 PM
no sorry it was blue. i just hope i cant get a ticket cause he could just throw in anything.

dirtsniffer
06-24-2010, 12:59 AM
i say go to the registries and get a new licence, its gonna be cheaper than going to the police station. And i bet the cop wont do much with your licence, probably it will just sit in a drawer

FraserB
06-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Why the hell would you pull over for some random who shows you a shiny piece of metal that may or may not be a badge?

No lights = I don't pull over.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-24-2010, 01:40 AM

Absolutely.

thats the biggest load of horse shit ive ever heard.
power trip much

97'Scort
06-24-2010, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Why the hell would you pull over for some random who shows you a shiny piece of metal that may or may not be a badge?

This. If he wants to call you in he'll do it. If some jerkoff says "pull over" and flashes his tin-foiled PetroPoints card at you, just keep driving.

revelations
06-24-2010, 08:17 AM

:werd:

As a motorist, you are NOT obliged to pull over for ANYONE who is not flashing BLUE and RED.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 08:18 AM
well i probably shouldn't have stopped but it looked very legit. he was right beside me when he did. should of kept going, i'm sure his vw couldn't keep up :)

scat330
06-24-2010, 08:32 AM
upates?

derran.m
06-24-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm putting my money on, that WAS a cop.
A cop pissed off enough to pull him over in his personal vehicle is pissed off enough to take his licence.
LOL ty Modelexis, I was gonna start a long rant about everyone's poor spelling lmao

Kloubek
06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Spinzz 4
:banghead: :banghead: If he asks for a retard to comment, it would have specified...

Way to join the bandwagon noob.

I originally meant it as more of a joke - hence the smiley face. But since we want to go there....

In importance from least important to most important:

1) You can't construct paragraphs.
2) You don't understand capitalization, and have a difficult time with punctuation.
3) You pull over for someone who claims to be a cop. He could have been anyone - who subsequently could have done anyTHING.
4) You are obviously driving in a manner which is suitable to piss someone off enough to show his badge (if he's a cop), or impersonate a police officer (if he was not). Do you really expect us to believe he pulled you over, out of the blue, because you happened to switch lanes? I *GUARANTEE* you were doing something stupid. Either you didn't signal, you were riding his ass, you were speeding, or something. People might be grumpy, but don't get that pissed for no reason whatsoever.
5) You GIVE YOUR LICENSE away to someone, without even verifying if they are indeed a legitimate cop? Really?

Bitch at me all you want for my comments - but at the end of the day, I'm not the one with issues 1-5.

scat330
06-24-2010, 09:23 AM

I originally meant it as more of a joke - hence the smiley face. But since we want to go there....

2) You don't understand capitalization, and have a difficult time with punctuation.
3) You pull over for someone who claims to be a cop. He could have been anyone.
4) You are obviously driving in a manner which is suitable to piss someone off enough to show his badge (if he's a cop), or impersonate a police officer (if he was not). Do you really expect us to believe he pulled you over, out of the blue, because you happened to switch lanes? I *GUARANTEE* you were doing something stupid. Either you didn't signal, you were riding his ass, you were speeding, or something.
5) You GIVE YOUR LICENSE away to someone, without even verifying if they are indeed a legitimate cop? Really?

Bitch at me all you want for my comments - but at the end of the day, I'm not the one with issues 1-5.

You suffered from issue 6) Drove a girls TT.

Kloubek
06-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by scat330

You suffered from issue 6) Drove a girls TT.

Haha. Fuck you very much.

But yes... I did. For one month. :)

dansmith11
06-24-2010, 11:00 AM

3) You pull over for someone who claims to be a cop. He could have been anyone - who subsequently could have done anyTHING.
4) You are obviously driving in a manner which is suitable to piss someone off enough to show his badge (if he's a cop), or impersonate a police officer (if he was not). Do you really expect us to believe he pulled you over, out of the blue, because you happened to switch lanes? I *GUARANTEE* you were doing something stupid. Either you didn't signal, you were riding his ass, you were speeding, or something. People might be grumpy, but don't get that pissed for no reason whatsoever.

i'll give you the rest of those points. but im gonna have to diagree with # 4. calgary is FULL of people who will drive like an idiot, cut you off, or make some other dangerous maneuver, and then proceed to flip you off and go all retarded super road rage on your ass like its somehow your fault you for getting in the way of their illegal and dangerous driving. or you make a simple lane change and someone decies they didnt want you in their lane and so goes bat shit crazy or something. it doesnt surprise me at all to see people flying off the handle for no apparent reason in this city. not at all unusual.

Kloubek
06-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh, I know. People act like dicks all the time. I had some guy reef on me for parking in a fire lane for 30 seconds while I ran in to drop off a movie return. (I really wish he got out to "discuss" the issue.)

But it seems like the guy in question wasn't just miffed. He was PISSED. Who knows... maybe he has rage and should be on antidepressants or something... but I still doubt it. Everyone has to remember that with threads on Beyond, we generally only get one side of the story...

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 11:12 AM

oh sorry i didn't realize i was getting marked on my writing. its a blog not an essay. you understand what i'm saying and thats all that matters. he showed his badge and it looked legit so i pulled over. if i would have kept going what's stopping him from calling cop buddies and then giving me another ticket for not pulling over?and yes if you read the story, i did speed up and was probably over the speed limit but not by much since i was in second gear.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 11:15 AM
either way if he wasn't a real cop, what's some older man going to do with my license? look at my cute picture? i don't see any reason behind some random taking my license

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
as for updates, i just got home and just about to go to the station.

scat330
06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
update on the go with your smartphone, need deetz.

JfuckinC
06-24-2010, 11:43 AM

Haha. Fuck you very much.

But yes... I did. For one month. :)

Haha, homo for a month.
It's ok, i have gay for a day sundays sometimes. :rofl:

Kloubek
06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
update on the go with your smartphone, need deetz.
I'm not going to comment on his posts, since there isn't a point in battling. But I too am interested to see what the end result is in this.

Originally posted by JfuckinC
Haha, homo for a month.

See, it was black on black, with tint and black wheels. I actually think it wasn't that girly at all. But Scat like to razz me about it still. I think he needs new material.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 11:58 AM
okay so i went to the station and had a chat with the officer. he was legit. he said he left me off easy cause i pulled over. i was given an estimated speeding ticket for $177. told me that if i didn't pull over i was going to be issued; speeding, careless and stunting!!!! sooooo i'm glad i pulled over.

Disoblige
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
okay so i went to the station and had a chat with the officer. he was legit. he said he left me off easy cause i pulled over. i was given an estimated speeding ticket for $177. told me that if i didn't pull over i was going to be issued; speeding, wreckless and stunting!!!! sooooo i'm glad i pulled over.
Did you ask him how you were suppose to know if he was a real cop. How do we know what a real badge is going to look like and given the occasions that there were fake encounters.. Could have been some jackass who was super pissed and just wanted to beat you up and just say he was police to get you to stop..

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:03 PM
ya i said that to him and he said its a judgement call. he said he wouldn't tell his daughter to pull over for anyone showing a badge, but either way he said he would have found me an given me the tickets. but since i stopped, he was more lenient.

Zewind
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
okay so i went to the station and had a chat with the officer. he was legit. he said he left me off easy cause i pulled over. i was given an estimated speeding ticket for $177. told me that if i didn't pull over i was going to be issued; speeding, wreckless and stunting!!!! sooooo i'm glad i pulled over.

I would fight this

Kloubek
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM

Strange... wreckless and stunting as well... all for just going slightly over the limit, and not doing anything stupid. Seems kinda unfair.

I too am curious though if you inquired as to how you were supposed to know if he was legit. The public should not be expected to stop just because someone pulls out what "appears" to be a badge. I can fold up and stick some tinfoil to my wallet too. If you had driven off, I'm pretty sure it would be understandable...

Originally posted by Zewind
I would fight this

On what grounds?! If he truly is legally allowed to pull people over when he isn't on duty, and the OP *was* speeding, it doesn't sound like something that can be fought...

SpeedIllusion
06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Fight it for sure, tell the judge you've never seen a "real" cop badge and you were scared because you might have gotten jacked lol

Tik-Tok
06-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by SpeedIllusion
Fight it for sure, tell the judge you've never seen a "real" cop badge and you were scared because you might have gotten jacked lol

:facepalm: did you even read the OP?

"Sir, I was scared for my life, so I pulled over! Then he took my license and asked me to stop by his precinct so he could write me a ticket... man I was shitting my pants the whole time I was in there, and received speeding ticket.... so can I have this invalidated?"

dannie
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Are you guys kidding??

The OP was driving so wrecklessly that the off duty cop felt obligated to pull him over and have a ticket issued.

Whats to fight???

If the cop was going to give him a ticket for stunting, wreckless and speeding... the OPs version of the story has to be missing details.

Disoblige
06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
You probably would have been better off just bolting it :rofl: . He probably is just saying "Oh I let you off easy".. Because honestly, many cops say this.

So was it one of those "Unreasonable rate of speed" tickets or what? That's 3 demerits if so..

SpeedIllusion
06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Sorry...my explanation sounded so good in my head, now it does sound retarded after writing it out. FML

FraserB
06-24-2010, 12:16 PM

On what grounds?! If he truly is legally allowed to pull people over when he isn't on duty, and the OP *was* speeding, it doesn't sound like something that can be fought...

I don't think off duty police can pull someone over in their personal vehicle.

I would fight it as well, $177 is 20 over? and demerits. From the lights at the bottom of the hill there it would be fairly hard to get to the speeds he is talking about so fast, before running into other traffic. Just tell them he was tailing you and screaming from his car at you. since he didn't call an on duty officer it sounds he was pissed at something and knew it wouldn't stand up

Disoblige
06-24-2010, 12:20 PM

I don't think off duty police can pull someone over in their personal vehicle.

I would fight it as well, $177 is 20 over? and demerits. From the lights at the bottom of the hill there it would be fairly hard to get to the speeds he is talking about so fast, before running into other traffic. Just tell them he was tailing you and screaming from his car at you. since he didn't call an on duty officer it sounds he was pissed at something and knew it wouldn't stand up
$177 is also unreasonable rate of speed I believe, which is a terrible ticket.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:34 PM
ya its still somewhat of a blurry situation. but he did say there is very few incidents of people just carrying around a fake badge. he estimated me at 90kph which i dont believe is true. and as for careless it was because i accelerated very quickly which puts others in danger.

FraserB
06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
You were going over the bridge that goes over Deerfoot right? If there was traffic and you were going from a standstill at the lights there is no way you got to 90, that and I doubt anyone is dumb enough to actually go that fast over a blind bridge.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
yes its the one that crosses deerfoot by the nissan. i highly doubt the speed since i was going quite slow through the intersection due to bumps and tight suspension. i was only in second and was not way up in the rpms

Mar
06-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Nobody pointed out the obvious that you broke traffic laws by changing lanes in the intersection. This is illegal. You have to wait until you're through the intersection to change lanes.

And also I wouldn't pull over for some random showing me a shiny piece of plastic at 60 kilometers an hour.

DSM4LIFE
i'm glad that its only the speeding ticket though. he also told me that when he went to say something to me and i couldn't hear it, my passenger told him to fuck off.

Disoblige
yes its the one that crosses deerfoot by the nissan. i highly doubt the speed since i was going quite slow through the intersection due to bumps and tight suspension. i was only in second and was not way up in the rpms
Yep. Fight it man! Explain your situation and how his estimation is likely very wrong due to what you just told us. Hopefully it works out for you.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Nobody pointed out the obvious that you broke traffic laws by changing lanes in the intersection. This is illegal. You have to wait until you're through the intersection to change lanes.

And also I wouldn't pull over for some random showing me a shiny piece of plastic at 60 kilometers an hour.

definitely was not in the intersection dude. and well its your choice to not pull over and get more tickets. i pulled over and he was lenient so i'm fine with that. and even if he wasn't a real cop and just took my license, a replacement license is cheaper than the ticket i got.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:44 PM

Yep. Fight it man! Explain your situation and how his estimation is likely very wrong due to what you just told us. Hopefully it works out for you.

ya by the time he was beside we had just gone up the bridge a bit. so i had from the beginning of the nissan till the start of the bridge to hit 90 from about 10

scat330
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
This is why we all need dash cams.

Mar
06-24-2010, 12:52 PM
i'm glad that its only the speeding ticket though. he also told me that when he went to say something to me and i couldn't hear it, my passenger told him to fuck off. Wait, someone tried to tell you something politely and this guy told him to fuck off? Nice guy.

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:52 PM
This is why we all need dash cams.

but how do we retrofit them???? jk dude

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Wait, someone tried to tell you something politely and this guy told him to fuck off? Nice guy.

no no the cop was saying something, we both couldn't hear him so my buddy told him to f off

Disoblige
06-24-2010, 12:54 PM

but how do we retrofit them???? jk dude
They have to be in proper housings!

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 12:54 PM
hahahahahaha :drama:

sdevils15
06-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Are you sure about that

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/241475/changing-lanes-at-intersection-illegal/

DSM4LIFE
06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
either way i didnt change in intersection anyways

inline6turbo
06-24-2010, 04:27 PM

They have to be in proper housings!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Genocider
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
You SHOULD have just jogged him on

UndrgroundRider
06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Are you guys kidding??

The OP was driving so wrecklessly that the off duty cop felt obligated to pull him over and have a ticket issued.

Whats to fight???

If the cop was going to give him a ticket for stunting, wreckless and speeding... the OPs version of the story has to be missing details.

+100000 - This is almost certainly what's up. The OP is lying about the events, like most people do who come on here with their ticket stories. Whatever you're doing has to be pretty egregious for an off duty cop to care.

From the cop's perspective, he's pulling over a speeder without any weapon, radio or emergency lights. For all he knows it could be a stolen car and the guy has a gun.

i'm glad that its only the speeding ticket though.

Even the guilty speeders don't say this, let alone the not guilty ones. I think your story is full of shit.