PDA

View Full Version : Gymnasts wannbe martial artists...

FiveFreshFish
12-15-2003, 10:53 PM
...or is it the other way around?

Right-click and save as... (http://static.ef.cdpa.nsysu.edu.tw/efun/colosseum/efc009_martialart_trickz.mpg)

15.6 meg file

carguy
12-23-2003, 02:05 AM
haha
no its called wushu

Hakkola
12-23-2003, 02:18 AM
I thought wushu just means martial arts????

sexualbanana
12-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I thought wushu just means martial arts????

No wushu's a style.

This isn't a case of gymnasts wanting to be martial artists. Stuff like that is very prevalent in events like the one they show in the video. It's stuff that looks sweet (which is why they are used in movie fights), but requires a ton of work. A lot of events are really starting to recognize that form of martial arts because it still requires a load of discipline and dedication. They're just not used in fights because they take too long to pull off and has a tendency to leave you REALLY open.

pinoyhero
12-23-2003, 11:23 PM
That is totally sweet, made me check out one of the best sites of all time..again

www.realultimatepower.net

thich
12-23-2003, 11:37 PM
wushu is some cule stuff.
Jet Li practices this form of martial arts too.

My friend does wushu and once you get into stuff with weapons.... :drool:

one of the more culer shaolin derivatives

KoukiS14
12-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Thats impressive stuff :thumbsup:

hellcat
12-24-2003, 11:53 AM
They're looking at entering it as the next summer olypmics sport. Look for a demo at the next summer olympics. China is really pushing for it obviously because they'll dominate. Very amazing to watch but as somebody else said it would never be used in real combat.

fast_cars
12-24-2003, 12:19 PM
damn!!!
thats some hardcore shit!!!:rofl:

Loose
12-24-2003, 12:37 PM
I hate that shit. Yes it's fun to watch, but it's completely useless.

This is what happens when American showmanship meets the fighting arts.:rolleyes:

You know what they should have in the Olympics over this? Break dancing. That'd rock.

hellcat
12-24-2003, 12:40 PM
This is what happens when American showmanship meets the fighting arts

What in gods name are you talking about? Wushu is chinese, created by the chinese and practice(in the true sense) but almost only the chinese. True wushu schools are like boarding schools that the students attend. The have martial arts in the morning and gymnastics in the afternoon. This isn't americanized at all.

pinoyhero
12-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by hellcat
They're looking at entering it as the next summer olypmics sport. Look for a demo at the next summer olympics. China is really pushing for it obviously because they'll dominate. Very amazing to watch but as somebody else said it would never be used in real combat.

That would be awesome, ninja's are sweet.

thich
12-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by hellcat

What in gods name are you talking about? Wushu is chinese, created by the chinese and practice(in the true sense) but almost only the chinese. True wushu schools are like boarding schools that the students attend. The have martial arts in the morning and gymnastics in the afternoon. This isn't americanized at all.

:werd: it's the only "true" branch of shaolin martial arts that really made it here to north america besides stuff like wing chun...