PDA

View Full Version : help me w/ x-mas presents!

szw
12-15-2003, 11:35 PM
1) Anyone know if gameboy games have region codes or anything? If I bought one here would it work with a gameboy bought in asia?

What's a good gameboy game? The kid is like 8 or 9 years old I think...last time I saw him he was playing a pokemon game a lot. I think the gameboy was colour but not the new gameboy better ones.

2) Anyone into BMX bikes? Any ideas for someone who just got into it? Like a gift certificate to a store that sells stuff for it or something?? what store?

thanks

ShOwOfF
12-15-2003, 11:44 PM
In regards to number 2 : I think the best place would be either B&P Cycle or Tuxedo Source for Sports. I've only heard of Tuxedo, but B&P has a huge selection of bmx bikes and accesories. :thumbsup:

szw
12-15-2003, 11:45 PM
is a gift cert. a good idea or useless?

FiveFreshFish
12-15-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by szw
2) Anyone into BMX bikes? Any ideas for someone who just got into it? Like a gift certificate to a store that sells stuff for it or something?? what store?

thanks

Get him a helmet. Everyone should ride with one.

szw
12-15-2003, 11:49 PM
oh yah its for a girl...adult girl! i think she has a helmet

Tcarnage
12-15-2003, 11:51 PM
Get a Gameboy SP :)

FiveFreshFish
12-15-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by szw
oh yah its for a girl...adult girl! i think she has a helmet

How about sunglasses?

szw
12-15-2003, 11:53 PM
actually i have no idea, thats' why i was thinking gift cert. Do you need special biking sunglasses or are you just talking about in general>?

RSeXy
12-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Probably sunglasses that have sport tip temples so that it will be more comfortable under a helmet.

DUBBED
12-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by szw

you should tape some old hockey cards to the spokes so it makes that cool car sound when you start pedalling really fast!! haha...

but seriously some BMX gloves or knee pads or something would be cool... maybe a jersey!!

FiveFreshFish
12-16-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by szw
actually i have no idea, thats' why i was thinking gift cert. Do you need special biking sunglasses or are you just talking about in general>?

Biking sunglasses are easier to buy because you're looking more for function than form. Normal sunglasses have so many different styles that she may not like the pair you pick out.

FiveFreshFish
12-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Bike computer!

tegdream
12-16-2003, 12:42 AM
hahah shit make sure u like put loom over the wiring if you get one of those computers, i was riding thru fish creek once and a branch got a hold of my wire...never had a speedo again :(

Ben
12-16-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Bike computer!

haha, crazy, I have that same one!

Get her a Gift Cert from Bow Cycle, they have great BMX stuff.

szw
12-16-2003, 02:56 AM
thx guys.

Any advice on what game to get now?

EVOI
12-17-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by szw
[B]1) Anyone know if gameboy games have region codes or anything? If I bought one here would it work with a gameboy bought in asia?

i think they have because usually they have different system in asia and most games are in Japanese.
However, you can always mod!!!

K271
12-17-2003, 01:41 AM
There's no region codes for gameboy. Only playstations. The DragonballZ-Goku's game is pretty hot. Every kid will play pokemon cause they have so many different versions. But most kids are bored of it. There's yu gi oh game. And many kids are getting into the Mario Bros. game that we all played when we were kids.

szw
12-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Can someone tell me what gameboys there are?

The one he has isn't upright like the originals...its kinda like game gear style sideways...and its not the flip one...

is that advance or SP?

And will newer games work on the older one he has or what?

HK2NR
12-18-2003, 03:47 PM
the game gear style one is the advance and the flip one is the advance SP. Both are advance ones. Both are compatitble with ALL gameboy games new or old.

szw
12-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by K271
There's no region codes for gameboy. Only playstations. The DragonballZ-Goku's game is pretty hot. Every kid will play pokemon cause they have so many different versions. But most kids are bored of it. There's yu gi oh game. And many kids are getting into the Mario Bros. game that we all played when we were kids.

How does yu gi oh work? I just bid on one cuz it said worldwide game. But all the auctions have like "promo cards" and stuff but not this one. Can the game work on its own or do you have to buy more cards and stuff?