PDA

View Full Version : I'm living in Australia... need a vietnam visa, how do I get one?

yellowsnow
06-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm currently in Australia right now, and i want to go to vietnam for a few days. I've tried googling, but it looks like I have to mail my passport back to Canada to get my visa processed.

I've heard you can just get your vietnam visa at the vietnam airport, can someone confirm that?

Billy_Billions
06-24-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure about Australia, but I got mine renewed in Korea at the Canadian consulate. It cost me more than usual and took longer but they did it.

Travel_Dude
06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
When you land in Bangkok (usually the hub city) go to the Vietnam embassy and get your visa in about 2 hours. If you flying directly into Vietnam you will have to speak with the vietnamese consulate in Australia.

maxomilll
06-24-2010, 08:17 PM
I actually just showed up in Vietnam, they gave me a visa upon entry...

I bussed in from cambodia if thats makes a difference.:dunno:

Hi-Psi
06-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Just go to a Vietnamese Embassy in Australia. That's what I did when I was ion the Philippines. Took 1 day.

I wouldn't wait till you got there, I've heard of people getting turned away.

Travel_Dude
06-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by maxomilll
I actually just showed up in Vietnam, they gave me a visa upon entry...

I bussed in from cambodia if thats makes a difference.:dunno:
It does. Vietnam and Burma are the only two countries in South East Asia that you need a Visa before hand if you are traveling into the country via air.

Dr_Funk
06-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Go to the Vietnam consulate in Australia to do it.

You can also get it at the airport too, but I wouldn't do that since I too have heard of people getting turned away or took 4-5 hours to get it done.