PDA

View Full Version : getting money from the city for damage...

bart
12-16-2003, 12:21 AM
so its been 6 months since i filed a claim, and always keep getting the runaround everytime they're called.

basically to make a long story short, a big rock was hit on glenmore, caused $2k in damages, i was only asking for half.

i have bills, witnesses, etc. this was during construction. magically after i filed my complaint, they specifically cleaned up that area. hmmm

so who can i speak to about getting my money? laywer i guess.... u of c has free ones, not sure if i want to try them.

suggest what course of action i can take!

thanks

ninjak84
12-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by bart
I am trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

Good luck.

James
12-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Good luck.

ha, no shit

Dont mean to sound like an ass, buts your not gonna get any money for it, it was a rock, you were speeding, shit happens, plain and simple..........I've written off a car due to a missing permanent STREET SIGN, I attempted to get the city to pay for it for all of about 48 hours then realized there wasnt a chance in hell that was gonna happen.

gkAeris
12-16-2003, 02:36 AM
i suggest a lawyer, honestly ask them if it's a waste of time

and i used the one at u of c before they're pretty good, if ur a full time student its free,

i mean it doesnt' hurt trying.........

max_boost
12-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by gkAeris

i mean it doesnt' hurt trying......... No doubt since bart also has a lot of time on his hands:D

bart
12-16-2003, 12:04 PM
i wasnt speeding, i was going 70, the limit is 80 on glenmore.

we'll see. i'll get my money back one way or another, perhaps use my torque to pull some signs out. i will tell you which ones james, so you dont write off another car. :rofl:

James
12-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by bart
i wasnt speeding, i was going 70, the limit is 80 on glenmore.

we'll see. i'll get my money back one way or another, perhaps use my torque to pull some signs out. i will tell you which ones james, so you dont write off another car. :rofl:

dont lie to me! lol.... i know where it happened, and its not 80 yet, and if your gonna use the " construction site wasnt maintained" or whatever, then it was a 50 zone.........and thanks for the headsup on sign thing! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Ben
12-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by James

dont lie to me! lol.... i know where it happened, and its not 80 yet, and if your gonna use the " construction site wasnt maintained" or whatever, then it was a 50 zone.........and thanks for the headsup on sign thing! :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Actually I saw bart the day it happened. He wasn't speeding.

bart
12-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Actually I saw bart the day it happened. He wasn't speeding.

you did?

i was merging onto glenmore from riverbend. some lady driving in front of me swerved violently, and by the time i figured out what see was doing it was too late, bang, car goes up into the car, and a whole shit load of damage. this i wont forget.

and like i said, i know 2-3 people who i work with, that saw the rock there, as this was on my way to work.

i will goto the u of c and try those free lawyers. wont hurt.