PDA

View Full Version : acura integra suspension and steering troubles becoming increasingly worse

jason
12-16-2003, 12:59 AM
help needed! I have a 94 integra with 135k miles. my suspension and steering are becoming increasingly worse. i replaced the rack and pinion , but it did not solve the problem, i have had it checked various places , but no one could offer a solution other than replacing parts to see if that works, I cannot afford that , I used to be a honda technician, however, i never encountered anything quite like this , maybe because they were other peoples cars, .Any input or suggestions would be extremely appreciated.thanks:dunno: :confused: :( :

szw
12-16-2003, 03:47 AM
What's with the poll?

Kinda obvious suggestions considering your background but check tire pressures and maybe a wheel alignment?

My steering was way out of whack when my left front tire was ridiculously low on pressure (like 13psi!)

three.eighteen.
12-16-2003, 04:01 AM
jack it up, wiggle the wheels to see if any ball joints or control arms need replacing

jason
12-16-2003, 12:41 PM
318: I tried that several times. When i replaced the rack and pinion, I had it done at a friend of mines shop who I used to work with and he now owns the shop. He checked the tie rod ends and said they were fine. On the other hand I wish i would have replaced them then, because it was easier since the rack was already off. As far as the ball joints, very possible , however, when you move the steering wheel back and forth, nobody can seem to determine where the excess slack is coming from. Is there something in the steering column itself that could be causing this, or do you think I should go to an acura dealer and have them tell me everything should be replaced/ not that it should,nt but i cannot afford that. Let me know if you know anything with regards to the column. thankx

GTS Jeff
12-16-2003, 02:45 PM
wouldnt crushed up bushings somewhere cause a lot of slack?

three.eighteen.
12-16-2003, 06:01 PM
yeah shitty bushings can account for all kinds of strange steering and handling...i dont know acura/honda too well to say what it might be...anyone with a teg know of bushings that have a tendency to fail?

and when i say wiggle the wheels i mean the actual rims/rubber not the steering wheel, if there is play from the wheels that is most likely a bushing or ball joint

also have you checked your power steering fluid level?

integra gs-r
01-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Check if your brakes are locking onto your discs also i suggest new springs/shocks or are your coils adjusted unevenly? is your shocks, shocked! wheel alignment with proper inflation might help.

legendboy
01-20-2004, 11:10 AM
I would look first to your shocks. #1 when the factory acura suspension becomes "loose". Espeically if you have the car lowered.