PDA

View Full Version : Groupclick deal: 58% off Gaucho brazillian BBQ

tentacles
06-25-2010, 07:05 AM
http://www.groupclick.com/calgary/gauchobraziliancalgary?a=7e3cf18328bd

I've been meaning to try this, guess I'll go next week.

Neil4Speed
06-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Unreal! Gaucho is an excellent restaurant, totally worth it.

adam c
06-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Unreal! Gaucho is an excellent restaurant, totally worth it.

Really? I found their food to be extremely salty and their Caesars are terrible

Neil4Speed
06-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by adam c

Really? I found their food to be extremely salty and their Caesars are terrible

Didn't try their Caesars, but the food was really nicely seasoned for me, really flavorful overall. The place is very small and a bit hot though, but it was all worth it! I don't really like super salty food either, hmm, go figure!

adam c
06-25-2010, 08:06 AM
maybe they were having an off night when I went there, dunno, don't see myself going back there any time soon

BlkMaxima
06-25-2010, 08:48 AM
I like Bolero better.

Gaucho is overpriced for what it is.

flipstah
06-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Hm... Getting mixed reviews.

How does it compare to Bolero? Bolero's only major flaw was service because even though we had the shaker thingy on green, we barely got any meat during our time there.

Made my parents frustrated. :(

Originally posted by BlkMaxima
I like Bolero better.

Gaucho is overpriced for what it is.

I see. Anybody else agree?

ercchry
06-25-2010, 09:05 AM
well with 58% off it becomes a great deal... but it is not that bad price wise since every time i eat there i and too full to eat my next meal... so its like two meals at once for me :rofl:

Neil4Speed
06-25-2010, 09:07 AM
yes, I will concede that Bolaros is better, but in my eyes, Gaucho was like a 8/10, whereas Bolaros about a 8.5-9. At 58% off, this is a pretty hot deal.

Flipstah, I never had a problem with waiting too long for beef, they were skewers going around ever 5-10 minutes or so.

ercchry
06-25-2010, 09:09 AM

Flipstah, I never had a problem with waiting too long for beef, they were skewers going around ever 5-10 minutes or so.

:werd:

at times it comes around so fast that i could not even finish what i already had... plate got a little full

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 10:24 AM
wow, what a deal. especially if you're into dining fads that were passe 10 years ago, but are just now becoming the rage in calgary. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

they've also got some good sliders at Lounge Burger. :facepalm:

EDIT: actually, you can now even get 2 sliders for $3.49 at A&W. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: hold the salt, please.

variance
06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
wow, what a deal. especially if you're into dining fads that were passe 10 years ago, but are just now becoming the rage in calgary. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT: actually, you can now even get 2 sliders for $3.49 at A&W. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: hold the salt, please.

^^^ dick

ercchry
06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
how the hell does meat become passe?

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by variance

^^^ dick

^^^ moron

Originally posted by ercchry

you obviously haven't traveled in the US in the last 15 years. or read an airplane magazine, for that matter.

boarderfatty
06-25-2010, 10:45 AM
I Don't see why people say Gaucho's is overpriced compared to bolero's, Gaucho's is cheaper per person, you dont have a salad bar option, but you do get unlimited sides, and when I go for Churrasco I go for meat and lots of it, I dont like salad, beans and potatoes taking up usable space.

As for being salty traditional Churrasco is traditionally cooked meat over an open flame using only salt as a seasoning which may explain why you think its salty. Also the service at gaucho's knows how to cut the meat properly, it is supposed to be in thin slices, not the chunks some 16yr old was giving me at bolero's

There were 3 things that bolero's had over gauchos, the atmosphere (it was a little more trendy) better stocked bar (as long as there is some type of mexican/south american beer I am fine) and the fact they have a salad bar (a detractor imo for reasons above)

If you want traditional properly prepared and served Churrasco go to Gaucho's,, if you want a "trendy night out" go to bolero's. Gaucho's is a place I will go for a meat fest with the guys who appreciate it, bolero's is somewhere I would bring a date.

max_boost
06-25-2010, 10:46 AM
OMG. For 60% off I don't care if they give me my food and never say hi to me again lol

I'm down for this. Protein for post workout. :drool:

variance
06-25-2010, 10:49 AM

non-linear only eats food that comes out of the queens ass, everything else is out of style.

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 10:51 AM

non-linear only eats food that comes out of the queens ass, everything else is out of style.

at what school did you learn to hyphenate "nonlinear?"

:rofl:

variance
06-25-2010, 10:59 AM

at what school did you learn to hyphenate "nonlinear?"

:rofl:

good response.

ercchry
06-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by boarderfatty

There were 3 things that bolero's had over gauchos, the atmosphere (it was a little more trendy) better stocked bar (as long as there is some type of mexican/south american beer I am fine) and the fact they have a salad bar (a detractor imo for reasons above)

have you not been to the new location yet?

ercchry
06-25-2010, 11:02 AM

^^^ moron

you obviously haven't traveled in the US in the last 15 years. or read an airplane magazine, for that matter.

people no long eat meat in the states? is this a recession thing or did everyone just become vegetarians over night? ....must have missed that :rolleyes:

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM

good response.

doesn't our interaction in this thread remind you of sitting in the back seat on a long trip with your brother/sister? :rofl:

Rarasaurus
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
They had the same deal for Oceana at the start of the June. That would have been a great one too. Seems like a good site!

boarderfatty
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM

have you not been to the new location yet?

No I have not, I am from Edmonton and haven't made it down for Churrasco in calgary for a while now, been in the states, van, and montreal for it.

Is the new location a big improvement? any big changes to menu service etc?

w_man
06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
So to clarify - you can only get one deal per table of 2?? or 2 per table of 4 or more.

Still a great deal but too bad it doesn't apply to each person on the table. Unless I understand it wrong?!?!

Love this place though - the new location is nice and spacious. I was there on the very first night they opened the new location and even then they ended up providing a great service and great food.

ercchry
06-25-2010, 11:19 AM

No I have not, I am from Edmonton and haven't made it down for Churrasco in calgary for a while now, been in the states, van, and montreal for it.

Is the new location a big improvement? any big changes to menu service etc?

salad bar, bigger, newer... not in the industrial area (right across from chinook mall now)

two choices for the all you can eat, 5 or 8 (or maybe its 10) meats... the 5 is cheaper... and you do not get the better stuff. seems way faster for service then before

flipstah
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by w_man
So to clarify - you can only get one deal per table of 2?? or 2 per table of 4 or more.

That is correct.

If you are going as a party of 2, you are only allowed to use one voucher. Part of 4 can use two vouchers.

The vouchers reduce the cumulative total, excluding GST + tip.

Weapon_R
06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Rarasaurus
They had the same deal for Oceana at the start of the June. That would have been a great one too. Seems like a good site!

Yep, for anyone interested, this place is legit. I got one for Oceana and it was a decent restaurant. I've been to better places for the (actual) price, but not for $25 :D

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 11:43 AM

people no long eat meat in the states? is this a recession thing or did everyone just become vegetarians over night? ....must have missed that :rolleyes:

ignorance is bliss, i suppose.

takkyu
06-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

tentacles
06-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I'll go with the old lady next week. I've never been to one of these things before. Any reccommendations on what should I order? :confused:

ercchry
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
I'll go with the old lady next week. I've never been to one of these things before. Any reccommendations on what should I order? :confused:

get the dinner with all the meats, no choices needed, you get to have everything, if you dont like one of the meats just pass on it next time around

ercchry
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM

ignorance is bliss, i suppose.

you are fucked... all there is to it, food does not go out of style... its fucking food... for someone that is a self proclaimed gourmet you would think this would be a simple concept. its food... do they do the style of it well or do they not... simple

tentacles
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
I've wanted to go for ages but they (and Bolero too) require a reservations and I never plan far enough ahead. :facepalm:

ercchry
06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I've wanted to go for ages but they (and Bolero too) require a reservations and I never plan far enough ahead. :facepalm:

i just go for lunch... 2 hour work lunches ftw!

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 01:33 PM

food does not go out of style...

this is one of the most ignorant statements i've EVER read.

i have a fondue pot kicking around somewhere, if anyone wants to borrow it.

ercchry
06-25-2010, 01:40 PM

this is one of the most ignorant statements i've EVER read.

i have a fondue pot kicking around somewhere, if anyone wants to borrow it.

what is your point? fondue is still delicious even though this is not the 70s anymore :rolleyes:

the way you are talking you would think that these places were popping up everywhere like boston pizza... there is only two in town oh noes! market is flooded they will allll shut down within the next year :rolleyes:

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 02:02 PM
the way you are talking you would think that these places were popping up everywhere like boston pizza... there is only two in town oh noes! market is flooded they will allll shut down within the next year :rolleyes:

??? i don't see how this is at all relevant to what i'm saying.

the point i'm trying to make is that rodizio is a passe dining trend... it's like walking back into 1993. you know, if I had never seen a pc before, I would be BLOWN AWAY with Windows 95. see what i mean?

you know where else rodizio is still popular? Kalispell. have you ever been to Kalispell? it's like a time warp to 1984, and it's depressing as hell. enough said.

ercchry
06-25-2010, 02:17 PM

the point i'm trying to make is that rodizio is a passe dining trend... it's like walking back into 1993. you know, if I had never seen a pc before, I would be BLOWN AWAY with Windows 95. see what i mean?

you know where else rodizio is still popular? Kalispell. have you ever been to Kalispell? it's like a time warp to 1984, and it's depressing as hell. enough said.

sushi was a trend too... if i said oh i love sushi! would you be saying the same shit? no...

QuasarCav
06-25-2010, 02:19 PM

Just a little Friday afternoon curiousity.... Why would you bother to capitalize a city name but leave the rest of the post as a unorganized mess? I've seen a few other posters deliberately type their entire post without the use of capitals, what's up?

Weapon_R
06-25-2010, 02:20 PM
I think nonlinear is building up to his obligatory "In Minnesota it was so much better because...." speech that happens in every thread. The world-renowned cosmopolitan city of Minnesota misses you nonlinear...

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I think nonlinear is building up to his obligatory "In Minnesota it was so much better because...." speech that happens in every thread. The world-renowned cosmopolitan city of Minnesota misses you nonlinear...

the minneapolis/st. paul metro area IS awesome, but i think the whole brazillian meat on a sword thing was more of a western/southern trend. people in the ne are too refined for this type of eating. :rofl:

boarderfatty
06-25-2010, 02:28 PM

the minneapolis/st. paul metro area IS awesome, but i think the whole brazillian meat on a sword thing was more of a western/southern trend. people in the ne are too refined for this type of eating. :rofl:

I beg to differ my first experience with Brazilian BBQ was 3 years ago in Washington DC at a place called Fogo de Cao is was downtown DC a few blocks from capital hill charging $50 a plate and we had to make our reservations 2 months in advance because it was always packed. I have also had Brazilian BBq in New York and Chicago where it was also uber busy, so maybe the NE is unrefined as well

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 02:28 PM
anyhow, this has gotten out of hand. i was just doing a little friday morning troll fishing. i'm in that kind of mood today, if you can't tell based on my posts in other threads. in all seriousness, ercchry, that's a really sweet jeep you have, looks really fun. i'm sorry for being such a dick to you!

http://www.striperspace.com/simages/bomber2_560.gif

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 02:30 PM

I beg to differ my first experience with Brazilian BBQ was 3 years ago in Washington DC at a place called Fogo de Cao is was downtown DC a few blocks from capital hill charging $50 a plate and we had to make our reservations 2 months in advance because it was always packed. I have also had Brazilian BBq in New York and Chicago where it was also uber busy, so maybe the NE is unrefined as well

so what? it's still passe as fuck. banff has a fondue restaurant, too. i bet chicago and nyc do as well.

(i love the grizzly house in banff, btw)

flipstah
06-25-2010, 02:49 PM
I love beef.

Diversion successful.

variance
06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
I love beef.

You "love" beef?? that emotion is passe as fuck, but I guess you guys wouldnt know a trendy emotion when you saw it.

Diversion back on track.

But seriously, this is a good deal. I just bought 2.

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 04:44 PM
OP is probably making a killing from this thread, since he gets $10 for everyone who clicks the link and buys a voucher. :nut:

Speed_69
06-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Somebody help me out and buy from my link please :(

http://www.groupclick.com/?a=217b9437a8ca

tentacles
06-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
Somebody help me out and buy from my link please :(

http://www.groupclick.com/?a=217b9437a8ca

I would buy from you, but since I already have an account(obviously), does my purchase count as a referral?

Speed_69
06-25-2010, 06:41 PM

I would buy from you, but since I already have an account(obviously), does my purchase count as a referral?
Yes it does :)

tentacles
06-25-2010, 06:51 PM

Yes it does :)

All right, I just bought (another) one. I had one already, but since they don't expire I might as well take another. It's AYCE BBQ, so how bad could it be? :love:

nonlinear
06-25-2010, 07:53 PM
^^it's definitely a good deal. it's usually $35 per person, so for 2 people using this voucher, you're getting the meals for half price. drinks not included, of course.

ExtraSlow
06-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Somebody help me out and buy from my link please There you go little buddy.

I've heard great things about this place, but haven't ever made it out. I have a Brazilian buddy who claims this is more "Authentic" than Bolero, for whatever that's worth.

Speed_69
06-26-2010, 03:57 AM

All right, I just bought (another) one. I had one already, but since they don't expire I might as well take another. It's AYCE BBQ, so how bad could it be? :love:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
There you go little buddy.

I've heard great things about this place, but haven't ever made it out. I have a Brazilian buddy who claims this is more "Authentic" than Bolero, for whatever that's worth.

Thanks a lot guys!!! :thumbsup:

2002civic
06-26-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.groupclick.com/?a=58c6706ac534 help a fellow beyonder out too ;)

OP how many sales have you had if you dont mind me asking?

tentacles
06-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 2002civic
http://www.groupclick.com/?a=58c6706ac534 help a fellow beyonder out too ;)

OP how many sales have you had if you dont mind me asking?

Let's wait until this thing runs out and then we can compare our hauls.

I honestly didn't start the thread to make money or anything. The only reason I even knew about Brazilian BBQs was because I read it on the threads here, so when I got this thing in the email I bought one my self right away and then posted it here because I remember reading about it in a Beyond thread and genuine thought you guys would enjoy it. I doubt I would do it again.

Tik-Tok
06-26-2010, 11:33 AM
So can I buy two... have my wife go in and get a table for one, then go in and make sure I have a table for one right next to her? :rofl:

Oh, and in the spirit of Beyond whiners VS. Trev0006...

"I'm not buying through your link! You're making money off of that! Screw you, I'll just buy through the site itself, without your link! I don't need you to make money off of me, even though it doesn't come out of my pocket, and is actually useful!"

2002civic
06-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Sounds good. i've had this for lunch a few times and it is definatley worth it! Best to go when it is busy though so everything is more fresh.

2Valve0
06-26-2010, 06:02 PM

Once again you come in looking like an idiot.
Once again...I say I dislike you as a person.

Redwagon
06-28-2010, 10:49 AM
How did I miss this thread? It's expired now dammit :banghead:

flipstah
06-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Whoever bought one, let us know how it went from service to food!

:thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
06-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I am going tonight, should be good!

Speed_69
06-28-2010, 12:15 PM
I am going tonight, should be good!
Might want to change your plans, I believe they are closed on Mondays now.

WWJAI
06-28-2010, 12:32 PM

:werd: Website states their closed Monday's.

Neil4Speed
06-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

Strange. I just called and made a reservation... :dunno:

WWJAI
06-28-2010, 12:52 PM

They probably just need to update their website.

flipstah
06-28-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by WWJAI

Outdated website? Neil, you can bring that to their attention tonight.
:)

Neil4Speed
06-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey Guys, so got a chance to check out Gauchos yesterday. I believe they are now open on Mondays and have a promo going. We got there and told them that we were using the Groupclick coupon, and she said that it wouldn't be possible to use it as they were having a promo. I held my ground and she asked she chef who said it would be fine. When I sat down, I realized how much the promo is price was... $16.99!

At this price, I just felt bad using the coupon for the meal, which means that it would have come out probably close to half that of a meal at Earls, and I went back to the hostess and told them that I wouldn't use it. Its just not fair to them, they would have probably ended up loosing money. I told them that I intend on coming back and would just use it another day.

So me and my buddy sit down and are greeted by the waiter who tells us the Salad bar is open and feel free to help ourselves. The food at the Salad bar was fresh and delicious, but, we know what we were here for, and that was not the salad bar! I grabbed a little bit of everything and went back down to my seat at which point I was almost immediately greeted with a server with a large skewer of steak.

The Ambiance is nice, and a mass improvement over its old location which was hot and stuffy (which is pretty horrible when eating huge amounts of meat).

The first piece of steak was nothing short of incredible. Perfectly medium rare, perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked - delicious by all accounts. This started a chain of skewers which appeared about every 5 minutes or so. Its important to pace yourself a bit as me and my friend finished eating within about 30 minutes. I found the beef skewers to be better than the rest, but the others were also just phenomenal. Drinks came quickly and were topped up often. If you like your meat well done this is probably not the spot for you, it was perfect for me, but for my dad (who does not like to see any red what so ever) he would probably not enjoy it very much. A nice thing is that they shave a few pieces off season it again, and put it back to be broiled. Which means you always get a corner piece!

Service was good, but we were left at the end waiting for the bill for a while. One thing to note is that the people working are truly Brazilian and have pretty thick accents which can make it really difficult to hear what they say or are offering. Everything was good so, it didn't really bother me at all.

On a Monday, at $16.99, I can't think of any better value in Calgary, period. If you got in on the Groupclick offer, same thing goes, Amazing value. Their standard offer at $35 offers a few more items in circulation.

Food: 10/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Value: 10/10

As a disclaimer, I have not checked out Bolaros before.

Jeremiah
06-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Uhhh so you couldn't use the coupon?

thats fucked...

[Yu]
06-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Uhhh so you couldn't use the coupon?

thats fucked...

If you read it all, Neil said the hostess spoke to the chef, and said it was ok. Then when Neil realized it only cost 16.99 for the promo, he felt like a Douche Canoe for using it, thus he told the hostess he will come back another time with the coupon.

So if you "stand your ground" as Neil did, you can probably use it on their promotional days.

Jeremiah
06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Whoops, i must have skipped over that part.

Still, I would hate to be hassled about that kind of stuff.

Anyone have a coupon they aren't going to use? ;)

Neil4Speed
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]

If you read it all, Neil said the hostess spoke to the chef, and said it was ok. Then when Neil realized it only cost 16.99 for the promo, he felt like a Douche Canoe for using it, thus he told the hostess he will come back another time with the coupon.

So if you "stand your ground" as Neil did, you can probably use it on their promotional days.

Exactly, You "Could" but really, don't be greedy, your already getting 60% off with the groupclick just use it on another day. $16.99 is a great deal for what your getting on a Monday.

PS. Douche Canoe was a perfect way of describing how I felt lol

tentacles
07-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I just got back from dinner. Food was pretty good, some of the cuts were a bit salty for our taste, the lamb, for example, but generally we liked it, especially the ribs. Staff seemed a little inexperienced, and sure enough the Portuguese accents were a little thick, but were very pleasant and courteous, so no complaints from us.

Food: 8/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Value: 8/10