PDA

View Full Version : Signing bonuses.... coming back?

JDMMAN
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
For those who've been recruited by competitors in the O&G industry... are you guys starting to see signing bonuses come back?

RecoilS14
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Untill it booms again I doubt you will see signin bonuses unless you are specialized.

JDMMAN
06-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Actually I've had a couple of different offers I'm mulling over and they all have signing bonuses. (Yes I'm in a specialty field)... just wanted to see how common its getting. Especially with the large portion of experienced professionals retiring in the next 3-5 yrs.

89coupe
06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Signing bonuses have never stopped.

Aleks
06-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by JDMMAN
Actually I've had a couple of different offers I'm mulling over and they all have signing bonuses. (Yes I'm in a specialty field)... just wanted to see how common its getting. Especially with the large portion of experienced professionals retiring in the next 3-5 yrs.

I'm starting to see people moving around a lot more again. Some big incentives are being handed out once again to get experienced people.

derran.m
06-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Signing bonuses have never stopped.

Well where the hell u working at? I dunno about your industry, but every other industry in AB was inundated by prospective employees with the collapse of the economy. Shitty economy = lots of layoffs ... why would they be promoting bringing in new staff when nobody needed staff??
Not trying to flame ya ... I am just very confused by your statement ... If signing bonuses had never stopped, I woulda had a new job ages ago!

trieuth
06-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by derran.m

Well where the hell u working at? I dunno about your industry, but every other industry in AB was inundated by prospective employees with the collapse of the economy. Shitty economy = lots of layoffs ... why would they be promoting bringing in new staff when nobody needed staff??
Not trying to flame ya ... I am just very confused by your statement ... If signing bonuses had never stopped, I woulda had a new job ages ago!

Shitty economy = no hiring therefore no hiring = no signing bonuses, BUT since they're hiring again, there are signing bonues, hence they never stopped. There was just no hiring.

Euro838
06-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Probably depends on the position and your negotiation skills/leverage.

If there are 100 people applying for a job, most likely not much room for signing bonus negotiation opportunity.

If you are a senior manager or higher(or a position in high demand, low supply) and are being lured by another company, high probably of signing bonus opportunity.

89coupe
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Euro838

If you are a senior manager or higher(or a position in high demand, low supply) and are being lured by another company, high probably of signing bonus opportunity.

Exactly!