Jazz Blue :
Black Drivers Edition Print :
Manual :
170,000 :
Calgary :

$11,500 :

Andrew Arnold
[email protected] :

Well its time to do the curtain call on my first VW. My baby is finally going up for sale. Times have changed, responsibilities have changed, and i need to part with the car.
This car has been my baby. It took over 3 years to find, and I have cared for it better than most care for their kids. I've got more money into it than I care to count.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this car. I trust this car so much I had no problems hopping in it and doing a 6000km road trip to Vegas and up the california coast on short notice 2 weeks ago. It pulls like a freight train, and is deadly reliable with NO issues. The exact same setups have put down 400whp. Electronic boost controller allows for 2 boost settings. I drive around town on a 12psi setting (~350whp) and it has a 20psi setting for highway (~400whp).

The car is a 1997 mk3 GTi VR6 Drivers Edition in Jazz Blue. It's one of only 500 Drivers Editions made only in 1997. Only 200 of which were Jazz Blue. This is a very sought after color. The DE's came with special color, either Jazz Blue or Ginster Yellow, bigger brakes, special edition seats, shifter, steering wheel, floormats and wheels. Power windows, doors, mirrors, sunroof, alarm. I have original sales invoice from dealership purchase, as well as ALL receipts (nice thick binder).

I am the second owner, bought from a couple in West Vancouver BC. Car was garaged since day 1 and only driven really on weekends in the summer. I bought the car with 100,000km's on it and its been garaged by me every day i've owned it.
No accidents, clear title
I have put an additional 70,000km's on the car since I bought it. 90% of which are highway. I dont daily this car, its garaged every winter here in a heated car bunker, and it only goes out on weekends and nice days. Never seen snow/gravel.
Oil changes with OEM filters & mobil1 15w50. OEM coolant. Race tranny fluid.

Car was stock when i bought it except for lowering springs.

Since then I have turned the car into a VRT.
Major work was done @ 150,000km mark in 2008.
No expenses were spared when I built this car. My philosphy was and still is "do it right the first time". I was not prepared to cheap out on parts of the build to save money, only to have reliability issues down the road. The car is completely overbuilt for what I have used it for, and could likely put down much bigger numbers simply by upgrading a few easy to swap parts. The foundation is solid, and all of the parts are strong enough to handle more power.

Work done (im sure im missing stuff);

Full engine pull/tranny pull. Leakdown and Compression tests were done on engine prior to insure it was a healthy candidate.

-T3/T4 Turbo .63AR
-Kinetic Motorsport VR6 exhaust Manifold
-TiAL 38mm Wastegate
-3" Downpipe
-Braided Oil Lines and Oil Pan with fittings
-TT Diverter Valve
-Kinetic Motorsport Silicone Hoses and Stainless Steel Clamps
-9.0:1 Stainless Steel Head Spacer
-42# Bosch Fuel Injectors
-C2 Motorsports 42# Software
-Walbro inline fuel pump
-22"x10"x2.3" Garret Intercooler painted with high temp black airline paint for stealth look and heat disapation
-custom welded intercooler piping routing under the car for clean engine bay look
-Peloquin LSD
-rebuilt transmission
-longer 5th gear (.717 TDi 5th) which will allow for better mileage on the highway as well as increased top speed. GPS verified 250km/h with still room to go
-ACT VR1-HDMM High HP clutch & heavy duty pressure plate
-2.5" exhaust with boost actuated dump off 3" downpipe. Stays closed under light load but when boost reached it will open. Controlled via Kinetic manual boost controller.
-full timing chain replacement, chains and guides
-rear main seal replacement
-MMP Phelonic Spacer
-ARP headstuds
-hand sanded and polished HGP/HPA Short Runner Intake manifold (uber rare, 1 of 3 in NA)
-stage 1 BFI motor mounts
-stage 1 BFI tranny mount
-Audi TT 12.3" brakes with cross drilled and slotted Brembo rotos and high performance pads w/ braided lines
-deleted secondary air injection, custom software so no CEL
-billet SAI delete plug
-high perf rad fans.
- Greddy Profec B Spec II electronic Boost controller
- boost gauge mounted and color matched to interior lighting
-upgraded mk4 waterpump with metal impellers
-ceramic coating turbo & exhaust manifold
-mk4 fuel rail (polished)
-billet MasonTech waterpipe (crackpipe)
-new serpentine belt
-new low temp thermostat, and thermostat housing, both silicone sealed to prevent leaks
-all coolant hoses replaced, billet parts used where possible and where leaks are prone to occuring on mk3's.
-upgraded external 1.6L oil cooler w/ the following:
-Mocal thermostatically controlled sandwich plate with vr6 specific top cap
-BSP to -AN unions with stat o seals
-Mocal/aeroquip black/titanium colored hose ends
-Stainless Steel socketless hoses and fittings
-Mocal 235 matrix cooler.
-KW coilovers
-Neuspeed Front 25mm Sway Bar
-Neuspeed Rear 28mm Sway Bar
-OMP front stress bar
-Neuspeed front K brace
-Sparco reclining racing seats, with slider bases (DE seats will go with car as well, they are in closet)
-Brock 16" B2 wheels, 8" front, 9" rear
-brand new 205-40-16 front and rear tires
-stock 15" VW DE wheels go with car too, they have toyo T1-S tires, with less than 1000km's on them
-R32 look headlights w/ 4300k HID's (3m wrapped)
-fully relayed high/low beams w/ 110w highbeams
-crystal long fogs and signals
-badgeless grille
-Alpine MP3 headunit with full ipod integration
-Clarion 10" sub and amp in hatch

More pics will go up in the next few days with engine, interior, specific stuff. I need to get some more recent stuff than what I have. Full build pics are available if people are interested.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3433/4570123248_f35f679aab_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3583869684_97c0b1a11b_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3376/3583149413_8ff2faef9c_b.jpg

Starting at $11,500.

I will only entertain SERIOUS offers. Don't waste your time and my time if you're not serious.

If you're interested email me at [email protected] i wont be checking PM's on here often.

LONDAR
07-05-2010, 12:59 PM
bump