PDA

View Full Version : Calgary car auction process

puya.ro
06-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Sorry if this is a repost I couldn't find anyhting in search.

Has anyone here ever bought a car from regal auctions? If so what is the full process of doing so? Are there any hidden fees you only find out about after you win the bid on a car? Also can you preview the car before deciding to bid on it?

Thanks in advance

puya.ro
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Anyone?

wintonyk
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM
check their website, it WILL have your answers.

Regal Auction (http://www.regalauctions.com/Auctioninfo/auctioninfo.htm)

Jeremiah
06-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Its rather simple, check out the car prior to bidding, you can request the keys at the front desk to turn it on and see how it turns over.

Depending on how much the car sells for will determine the buyers fees. Last time I was there the costs were on display so that should give you an idea, and also remember the tax on top.

Once you "win" you go to the office and pay it. Grab the keys and bounce.

Make sure you bring a registered plate, and get insurance on it before you drive though...

Jeremiah
06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
On top of that I highly suggest you bring a mechanic with you to inspect the cars prior to auction because they are normally all junk and they try to dress them up to make them appear flawless but the second you get out of the lot it will break down.

And never buy the first time you go because you won't know what has been run more than once, and generally what has been run multiple times is junk. Theres a reason why people stay away from certain cars/sellers.

There are definitely some good deals but you have to play smart or you'll get burned.

theken
06-27-2010, 12:01 PM
There's a vw jetta vr6 in there with paperwork for $5000 worth of work needed. I towed it in there. Ask if there is anything wrong with it. They will say they don't know or some shit but its a lot of work

Madspinner
06-27-2010, 11:43 PM
yeah I bought a car from there, they have a deal, if you get a car over $4000 you have 24hrs to get it inspected and if there is anything wrong with it then they will give you your money back.