PDA

View Full Version : A progress thread

EvolizePhoto
06-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Was kind of hesitant posting any kind of thread like this but thought it would be extra motivation when I'm on down days from the comments good/bad that people leave.

Most who have met me, know I'm a fatass :rofl:

I started a diet/excercise regime last sunday. I used to spend 10-15 dollars a day on pop, slurpees, coffee, and fast food and if I was doing multiple photoshoots 20-30 dollars cause I was never at home to make good food.

So, after weighing in at 265 sunday night i made a pact with myself that enough is enough and it's time to look as broly and macho as I did in highschool almost 10 years ago. Sure didn't take long to get out of control.

This week I have done moderate exercises to get my knee back into working condition (i fell into a pit when working at a lube place, knee cap swung around 180 degrees and has been going backwards like that under any kind of stress) like bike riding, lots of walking and a tiny bit of jogging. I've drank nothing but water, a few bottles of vitamin water and a couple black coffees with 1 sugar with a great diet of steamed veggies and chicken, rice and fish.

I've come down 3 lbs from just the diet itself so far in the past 6 days with a little excercise.

This coming monday I will be trying out P90X every day coupled with minor weight/strength training.

Anyways here is a picture, and thanks for any advice or comments you guys may have!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii177/evolize/DSC03550.jpg

Kobe
06-26-2010, 07:35 PM
haha, I love the McDonalds cup in the background

GL man, It is tough, I've been trying to eat healthier and go to the gym for the last couple months, some days def get tough though...

When you start doing P90X there is no way you will keep up with them, so just do as much as you can and don't feel bad when you can't do all of it...

EvolizePhoto
06-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
haha, I love the McDonalds cup in the background

GL man, It is tough, I've been trying to eat healthier and go to the gym for the last couple months, some days def get tough though...

When you start doing P90X there is no way you will keep up with them, so just do as much as you can and don't feel bad when you can't do all of it... I lasted 15 minutes of the yoga thing which goes for an hour and a half...lol

wintonyk
06-26-2010, 07:53 PM
GL dude. Sometimes posting on beyond is just asking to be slammed. But there are a number of good guys on here that can provide some practical knowledge.

Work one step at a time, its the small steps that lead to success.

Expect to have a relapse or two but know perseverance is going to lead you to the top.

trevh
06-26-2010, 07:56 PM
'I've drank nothing but water, a few bottles of vitamin water and a couple black coffees with 1 sugar with a great diet of steamed veggies and chicken, rice and fish.'

Good luck man, make sure you stay focused on your diet, if you do that everything else will fall into place.
Try staying away from the vitamin water it's does nothing good for you. Try eating as much fruit as possible. I go almost daily to the market to buy fresh fruits blueberry's, apples, oranges, blackberry's and strawberry's are all good.

I focus on drinking at least four liters a day. I buy a 4L jug of water from 7/11 and fill it up each day. Water helps flush your body and keeps you healthy.

g/l!

EvolizePhoto
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Thx for posts so far. And if beyond wants to slam me then so be it, however I would expect they would be mostly respectful.

Now, besides water, is there ANY good juice/water that has flavor??

max_boost
06-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Buy some crystal light or nestea flavor mixes and add it to your water.

Good on ya for making a change. It's really quite simple, exercise more, put down the fork, stop eating junk and the weight will start falling off fast.

EvolizePhoto
06-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Good on ya for making a change. It's really quite simple, exercise more, put down the fork, stop eating junk and the weight will start falling off fast. That's the goal :D

jdmsource
06-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Good for you dude for drawing a line and setting a regime to get back in shape, once you start shedding the pounds and getting in shape it will be awesome motivation for you to keep going until you achieve your goal.

I used to be in great shape and played lots of sports all through high school but in the last couple of years got tied up with work and had no motivation to get in shape, and for the last 5 months I have been hitting the gym regularly and feel awesome again, it's like an addiction but a good kind.

ExtraSlow
06-26-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm super lazy, but I've been losing weight pretty steadily for the last four months by making only two changes:
1) cut pop to about once a week. Used to be about two cans a day. that includes all those bottled iced tea drinks as well.
2) eat a breakfast of 2/3 cups slow oats, with about 1/2 cup yogurt and some fruit. the oats take forever to digest, so you feel full most of the morning. that means I don't get tempted to eat the doughnuts that are always at work.

Those two changes are easy and effective.

Haven't made a significant change to the rest of my diet or exercise yet. Dropped about 20 lbs.
Should probably hit the gym and work on my evening diet if I want to keep that trend going.

Good luck with your quest.

trevh
06-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
Thx for posts so far. And if beyond wants to slam me then so be it, however I would expect they would be mostly respectful.

Now, besides water, is there ANY good juice/water that has flavor??

Honestly, Juice is not good for you they are loaded with different types of sugars.

Water is the best! It flushes your system of unwanted toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp!

If I was really to recommend anything it would be the odd G2 made by gatorade. Drink like one a week.

trevh
06-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Good on ya for making a change. It's really quite simple, exercise more, put down the fork, stop eating junk and the weight will start falling off fast.

Have a look at the ingredients in these packages. Honestly try staying away from anything in a box.

It's true, only shop the outside of a grocery store. Stay out of the lanes.

max_boost
06-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I say focus on one thing at a time, if your goal is to lose weight, lose weight first. After you can focus on whatever else, weight training, getting strong, getting ripped etc. haha

What my motivation is? It's gonna sound gay but my physique has changed a lot in the past year. I look in the mirror and no I'm not like 2EFNFAST or the guy on the cover of the fitness magazine but it's changed for the better haha :D

dandia89
06-26-2010, 11:52 PM
i used to be addicted to those crystal light, it helped me drink tons of water a day, but it's not worth it. the crap in it is garbage.

just drink water, it may be a drag at first, but you'll learn to keep drinking after awhile

krusso04
06-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by trevh
Try eating as much fruit as possible. I go almost daily to the market to buy fresh fruits blueberry's, apples, oranges, blackberry's and strawberry's are all good.

I focus on drinking at least four liters a day. I buy a 4L jug of water from 7/11 and fill it up each day. Water helps flush your body and keeps you healthy.

g/l!

Try eating as much fruit as possible? :banghead: i cut out all fruits after 2pm. Like one apple has an average of 24g of sugar, 120 cal and 90 of those cals are from sugar. But i do agree with the water. 4L jugs are an awsome way to get all your water in daily.

davidI
06-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Drinking really really cold water will help burn you a few extra calories. I always have a bottle of water with me. Even though I don't necessarily love the taste of water, I end up drinking 4+L a day.

Try to eat 6 small meals throughout the day rather than 3 big ones. Also, eat slowly, so your body has a chance to register that it is "full" and you won't overeat. Slowly reduce your consumption and you'll find that your body will quickly adapt and you won't feel hungry on smaller portion sizes.

It's all in the calories. More calories in than calories out means weight gain. More calories out than calories in leads to weight loss.

Look to balance you carbs / protein / fat. 40/40/20 is not a bad mix. You don't have to be a crazy obsessive person who writes down the weight and calories of everything in a book, but try to look at the labels on things and get a feel for what you're actually taking in every day. Even if you just track it for a week, you'll learn a lot.

Try to exercise whenever you can. I don't necessarily mean hitting the gym or P90x, but consider walking to the corner store instead of driving. If you go to the mall, park your car on the opposite side of the store you want to go to so you have to walk through the entire mall to get there (hopefully you won't do extra shopping!) Even at a regular store, park your car at the back of the lot and get in that extra 100 meters of walking. It's the little things that count.

Remember that muscle helps burn calories even when you're at rest. It takes energy to sustain muscle. Therefore, by lifting some weights or doing some strength training, you'll continue to burn calories even when you're at rest. Mix it up between cardio and strength training and try a variety of activities to keep things interesting. Nice day out and you don't want to hit the gym? Go for a walk or run by the river (lots of good eye candy too). Try hiking or biking or offer to babysit someone's 3 year old for the day and take them to a park. You'll burn calories without even realizing it!

Good luck!

krusso04
06-29-2010, 03:02 PM
i thought drinking really really cold water is bad because it shocks your digestive system?? :dunno: correct me if im wrong..

Jlude
06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
I was thinking about starting a thread like this but didn't bother.
I just hired an incredible personal trainer/dietition and have been going to the gym for 3 weeks now. Also I quit smoking roughly 6 months ago.

In the span of 4 weeks, I've gone from 215lbs down to 200lbs, am shaping my body to get the look I want.

Just don't quit Dave, that's the best advice I can give you. When you're ready to quit, DON'T!!!

Kloubek
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Wow Dave... I actually had no idea you were up to 265. I would have estimated 220-230.

This is a good motivator - to put it up on Beyond - because now if you don't follow through you'll simply be known as the Beyond fat-ass. And nobody wants that. :)

Good luck man!

Gotta tell you though - this is not one of your best photo shoots. lol

davidI
06-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by krusso04
i thought drinking really really cold water is bad because it shocks your digestive system?? :dunno: correct me if im wrong..
Haven't heard that but I guess it could be true. Listen to your body would be my advice. I've never had any issues...

4lti
06-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Are you going to be doing P90X Lean or Classic?
Id suggest lean first.
It suggest that you are physically fit a bit before you do classic.

To many people attempt P90X and soon learn that you CANT do all the required reps and workouts if you aren't somewhat physically fit.

If you cant do more then 10 Chin ups your going to die doing Classic your first day.

Maybe instead of P90X you should try more calorie burning exercises first.

EvolizePhoto
07-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Thanks for all comments guys. So far I've just been going to parks (nose hill etc) and going up and down the steep inclines as fast as i can while coupled with a proper diet, water only one black coffee a day.

However some shit hit the fan in my life, this weekend has been an absolute mess for me I caved in and bought a jr.chicken from mcdonalds at 2am :/ not proud of myself

gqmw
07-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Super cold water does shock your body...so it's not exactly good for you. Cold water is okay...as long as it's not freezing, but average temperature water is optimal.

Drinking juice and eating plenty of fruits is fine. But of course don't be replacing juice with water. Fruits are great for you, great sugars in it. But do avoid eating fruits/food of any kind actually super late.

Don't be discouraged...keep up the good work. One fault won't kill you. Try to eat something else next time though if you're craving that bad at 2am.

ExtraSlow
07-04-2010, 09:03 AM
I got myself sick once on some really cold water. Was about 1 L and drank in in just a couple minutes. Got stomach cramping and severe chills. Have learned my lesson, if it's that cold, drink it slower.

Many diets have a once a week "free pass" meal, so consider that Jr Chicken you once a week, and keep on working.
Sounds like you are heading the right direction, keep it up!

RecoilS14
07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Just remember, if you're not sweating like crazy during your exercise, you're not burning many calories. Which why girls who go for "walks" to lose weight don't see any results.

To give yourself a look at what your burning, go hop on a treadmill with a good display. Calories don't burn that fast.

trevh
07-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
Super cold water does shock your body...so it's not exactly good for you. Cold water is okay...as long as it's not freezing, but average temperature water is optimal.

Drinking juice and eating plenty of fruits is fine. But of course don't be replacing juice with water. Fruits are great for you, great sugars in it. But do avoid eating fruits/food of any kind actually super late.

Don't be discouraged...keep up the good work. One fault won't kill you. Try to eat something else next time though if you're craving that bad at 2am.

-THIS-
I agree with everything said!

It's ok to 'splurge' just remember to stay focused. Drink double the water the following day to help flush out your system.

jonnycat
07-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by RecoilS14

To give yourself a look at what your burning, go hop on a treadmill with a good display. Calories don't burn that fast.

^This. I just started working out again, but had never used a treadmill and to find out that 2 miles in 30 min only burned 300 calories blew my mind. That works out to like 2 cans of pop burned off, which caused me to go from 3-4 600ml bottles a week to one spread out over the week.

I've had 7-8 sessions so far, (30 min weights, 30 min treadmill)with no visible movement on the scale, but I feel better and it might be in my head but things are starting to feel tighter.

Darkane
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by RecoilS14
Which why girls who go for "walks" to lose weight don't see any results.

You know low intensity steady state cardio (walking for example) is one of the best things you can do for fat loss?

Want to know why or just give wrong information in this thread?

krusso04
07-06-2010, 11:10 AM
fat burn walks!!

bigbadboss101
07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey may be I will see you in Nose Hill one of these day. I am near 14th St off McEwen.

Some suggest sprint up a certain distance, walk down. Repeat several times.