PDA

View Full Version : Orange Countach around Shawnessy?

2EFNFAST
06-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Has anybody seen that orangish Countach around 22x/Shawnessy every so often? If so, any idea if it's real or a really good kit?

Never heard it upclose so I can't tell form the exhaust, but something looks very unusual about it - there's something that looks too 'new' about it to suggest it isn't 20-30yrs old. :dunno:

MugenBB6
06-27-2010, 01:55 AM
I saw it today too. It has a super super loud turbo! Pretty sick car, nice paint job too.

2EFNFAST
06-27-2010, 02:21 AM
It started showing up a year ago or so ..... are you sure it had a turbo? I've never heard it so I can't say, but just googling says there's only a handful of turbo Countachs around.

That, plus the paint, plus the look of the car makes me go 'hmmm' about it. ..... there are some kits out there that for $80-100k you can have a dead-nuts replica that you'd never know was a replica (and would be 1000x more reliable to boot)

Sil80_D
06-27-2010, 02:32 AM
i've only ever seen a white one in town.... so sexy

Mibz
06-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
the look of the car makes me go 'hmmm' about it. ..... This. I've seen it around, but never closer than 3 car lengths away, and I've never heard it mashing the gas. I honestly just assume it's a kit car, but you never know.

95teetee
06-27-2010, 08:08 AM

Never heard it upclose so I can't tell form the exhaust, but something looks very unusual about it I know exactly what you mean- I saw one in Drum years ago that was obviously a kit-from a distance it just looked wrong, no matter how much it looked like a Countach.

As it got closer, the steelies gave it away for sure (lol)

anothers10
06-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Is this the one you are talking about ?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43706&page=246

Mibz
06-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by anothers10
Is this the one you are talking about ?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43706&page=246 I'm definitely not signing up for a Ferrari forum just to see the pictures :P

Kloubek
06-27-2010, 10:23 AM
I posted pictures of that Countach I think:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=305939&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Outside looks almost perfectly true to the real thing. Inside... not so much.

mrstud
06-27-2010, 10:59 AM
it's probably some blue collar guy down in shawnessy thinin hes got a sick ride. prob also has a vette

2EFNFAST
06-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I posted pictures of that Countach I think:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=305939&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Outside looks almost perfectly true to the real thing. Inside... not so much.

That's the one (same license plate).

Yep, a kit. A damn damn good kit (exterior) - wouldn't be surprised if he has close to 3/4 the value of a real Countach in it.

I wouldn't mind building it based on that quality - although I"d leave off the Lambo badges; badging it is pretty ghey.

I wonder how many people he fools with it, and/or if he says it's a replica .... I know with mine the first question people ask me is if it's a replica or not, but that's probably not the first question for a Lambo I'd imagine (although it was my first question just based on the look of it - something just seeming like it didn't fit)

RecoilS14
06-27-2010, 12:15 PM
The one I saw yesterday looked and sounded legit. He was on the corner of 17th ave and 8st. I personally don't like the looks, but it was a nice ride and the coppery orange paint is pretty slick.

Edit: I should whipped out my camera, the one I saw was not the one posted above.

ekguy
06-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I've posted pics of a real one on here.

Kloubek
06-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Yep, a kit. A damn damn good kit (exterior) - wouldn't be surprised if he has close to 3/4 the value of a real Countach in it.

(although it was my first question just based on the look of it - something just seeming like it didn't fit)

I know my cars, and it looked pretty legit to me. The only thing I noticed were the missing driving lights on the front. Otherwise, I will admit, I as fooled.

But as soon as I looked inside, it was game over. I am not sure why, if someone was to go through the trouble of modifying the interior that much, they wouldn't model it after the real thing....

Godfuader
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM

I saw a guy in Hidden Valley about 8 years back who had a near perfect kit in white. He asked me to find anything that did not look original, without opening it up. Said cost him around $70K from Arizona iirc. Had a vette engine.

2EFNFAST
06-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

I know my cars, and it looked pretty legit to me. The only thing I noticed were the missing driving lights on the front. Otherwise, I will admit, I as fooled.

But as soon as I looked inside, it was game over. I am not sure why, if someone was to go through the trouble of modifying the interior that much, they wouldn't model it after the real thing....

Were you able to tell if it was based on a stretched Fiero platform, or if it was a custom frame? I'd imagine the later since the most accurate ones do it properly.

Hopefully one day I run into him and can ask him more about his car :drool:

btimbit
06-27-2010, 02:50 PM
I saw him on 22x yesterday afternoon and was wondering the same thing, good looking kit, had me fooled

soloracer
06-27-2010, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't want it even if it was given to me. That car says "ultimate poser" in the worst possible way. If you are going to get a kit car pick up something like the Superlite or GTM that looks original and can't be mistaken for something else.

2EFNFAST
06-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
I wouldn't want it even if it was given to me. That car says "ultimate poser" in the worst possible way. If you are going to get a kit car pick up something like the Superlite or GTM that looks original and can't be mistaken for something else.

I think the only thing poserish about it is all the Lamborghini badging (bull & lettering).

If he left it off, and didn't go around telling everybody it was a real countach (it's had me fooled for 2yrs or so), who cares, it's an awesome shape and a cool car.

I hate to see your opinion of me when I buy a 917 and stick an LS 502 behind it :rofl:

Regardless, would love to talk to him and ask him some questions about it. Build vs bought. Scratch build vs kit build vs stretched Fiero. Engine. And most importantly - is it real! :nut:

LEGiiT
06-27-2010, 11:32 PM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Lamborghini-Countach-Kit-Car-For-Sale-Special-Price-W0QQAdIdZ202275317

Looks pretty real to me, but again the interior gives it away. $35k isn't a bad price to fool the average person.

2EFNFAST
06-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by LEGiiT
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Lamborghini-Countach-Kit-Car-For-Sale-Special-Price-W0QQAdIdZ202275317

Looks pretty real to me, but again the interior gives it away. $35k isn't a bad price to fool the average person.

it might just be the pics, but the back and front look wrong on it ... the orange one looks much more authentic.

Kloubek
06-28-2010, 09:03 AM

Were you able to tell if it was based on a stretched Fiero platform, or if it was a custom frame? I'd imagine the later since the most accurate ones do it properly.

Hopefully one day I run into him and can ask him more about his car :drool:

Well, from what I've seen in the past, one can modify a Fiero frame to almost any dimensions. So honestly, I have no idea if it was or was not.

sneek
06-28-2010, 09:57 AM

it might just be the pics, but the back and front look wrong on it ... the orange one looks much more authentic.

I agree, the rear looks a bit higher than it should be. Perhaps it is just the picture though. I was lucky enough to get to work on a white one about a year and a bit ago. Man they are bad ass. I would still take a black diablo over it any day though.

That was actually the car that made me fall in love with cars to start with.
http://www.ssip.net/upload/lamborghini-diablo-vt-front-2_48.jpg

2EFNFAST
06-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Diablo :drool:

Do want; but can't justify the repair costs and issues with them. :(

max_boost
06-28-2010, 01:57 PM

But you are the richest guy I know. C'mon! LOL

Redlyne_mr2
07-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Looks like it's a real car, a 1975 to be specific, it has a supercharged LT1 swapped in though.

garnet
07-04-2010, 02:03 AM
is definitely a kit, maybe started as a prova kit, which had molds taken from a real countach body

the interior dash, the door seals, the center tunnel and side sills are wrong, and the steering column is a chevy unit
also the panels surrounding the exhaust & tips themselves are also not like a real lambo-C

nice ride though, lots of hard work went into building that!

there is a real 5000s model in proper rossa red (some people mistake it for orange) located up in dalhousie area

http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/GetAttachment[1].jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/GetAttachment[2].jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/GetAttachment[3].jpg

Dodobird
07-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by garnet
is definitely a kit, maybe started as a prova kit, which had molds taken from a real countach body

the interior dash, the door seals, the center tunnel and side sills are wrong, and the steering column is a chevy unit
also the panels surrounding the exhaust & tips themselves are also not like a real lambo-C

nice ride though, lots of hard work went into building that!

there is a real 5000s model in proper rossa red (some people mistake it for orange) located up in dalhousie area

If it's the car I'm thinking (probably is, how many Countach's can exist in Calgary?), then it's actually my neighbors car, and I'm QUITE sure it's a real countach, but has been EXTENSIVELY modified/customized all throughout. Different engine, different interior, even seats custom molded to fit the owner. I honestly don't know much about the car as I haven't talked with him much, but it's definitely a beautiful vehicle :thumbsup:

you&me
07-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Looks like it's a real car, a 1975 to be specific, it has a supercharged LT1 swapped in though.

Are you talking about the replica pictured at the gas station? It most certainly is NOT a 1975. To be specific -

A 1975 would be a LP400 ('74-'78), also known as the "preiscopa" due to it's insanely cool periscope-style rear view panel. This is widely regarded as the purest Countach design, free of spoilers, bulging fenders and sill extensions. Nothing but the simple lines as originally intended.

The orange replica is a copy of a LP500S, which ran from '82-'88. It sprouted fender flares and gained an optional rear spoiler, as shown on replica.

sneek
07-05-2010, 07:19 AM

How sad but true. My dad found one a few years ago for 90K or something like that. It had under 10,000KM IIRC, but he couldn't justify all the maintenance.

Big_Fat
07-09-2010, 08:30 PM
yeah i saw it i tried to catch up him him but my car stalled out cuz of my blown headgasket

nismo_fan
07-14-2010, 09:06 PM
ok so i'm going to put all of the rumors to rest. i'm not the owner, but his car is featured in a magazine that i have in my hands.

under the hood is a supercharged lt1.

it is an actual 1975 lamborghini countach.

and he has a full system, cameras front and rear (day and night vision capabilities), and parking and drive assist sensors front and rear. there are 7in screens in the dash, and both the "rear" windows. there are even speakers hidden outside the car!

anyhow, hope that helps clear up some of the questions of this car!!!

Gibson
07-15-2010, 11:57 AM
While I think putting LS1s and such in RX-7s is kinda neat, I'm not so sure about putting an LT1 into a Lamborghini.

Bob_Fonger@nora
08-31-2010, 07:03 AM
countach

viff3r
08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
:drool:

D911
08-31-2010, 03:05 PM
proper photos sure do make a difference on how much i liked the car haha.

soloracer
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Notice how they didn't show any engine pictures. Nice replica but I wouldn't own it - especially with the badges. I also doubt that it's "real" since nobody in their right mind would pull the V12 out and put a Chevy in. First of all the car is way too expensive to purchase to do that. Second of all, why is it all the things like interior, engine, etc. that make the car a "Lambo" and not a kit car are suddenly "customized"? Probably because it's a kit car. The guy looks like such a "chester" all dolled up in Lambo gear beside a car with a chevy engine. Pretty cheesy if you ask me.

taemo
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
is it me or the pictures aren't that sharp or focused at all

soloracer
08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Here is the genuine Countach interior for comparison. Completely different.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apexrally/3558037442/lightbox/

soloracer
08-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by LEGiiT

Which is exactly why I wouldn't buy it. How much of a phoney do you want to be? Do you get a knock off Rolex watch too? Nothing wrong with not having the money to buy the expensive stuff. Just gives you something to work towards.

Faster
09-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Wow!!!! Never in a million years did I think I would get in a car that cool.

Faster
09-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I caught up with him at Tim's in Shawnessy.
I asked him a bunch of questions and got the grand tour of all the Mods done to the car.
This thing is Loaded!
James Bond car for sure. Power to wht ratio right off the Map.
I told him I would buy his next coffee when I see him there again and he said he would take me for a blast down 22X.

Can't even sleep thinking about it.

M.alex
09-08-2010, 01:49 AM
thanks for the details; want to be anymore vague :rofl:

beyond_ban
09-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Faster
I caught up with him at Tim's in Shawnessy.
I asked him a bunch of questions and got the grand tour of all the Mods done to the car.
This thing is Loaded!
James Bond car for sure. Power to wht ratio right off the Map.
I told him I would buy his next coffee when I see him there again and he said he would take me for a blast down 22X.

Can't even sleep thinking about it.

You signed up to say that? :rofl:

Faster
09-08-2010, 03:09 PM
The Car was purchased 5 years ago and brought into Calgary. Then the Car was completely torn down to the last nut and bolt. The Countach Frame was then complete modified with new cantilever custom CNC suspension to handle the Pro Ride computer controlled air suspension. The shocks are their military spec Laser Sensored shocked developed for the Hummers for the US Military. The suspension system has 3 Presets, Low for show, 2 for drive, 3 for Parking Lots. 2 X Air Compressors and Computer system to control suspension with Air Tank all custom installed in the front of car.
The Steering was completely changed for easier steering in the City. No Bump Steer and correct geometry for handling the wide range of heights that the suspension can throw at the steering setup.
Will wood Brakes all around.
Twin Fuel Tanks with switched Fuel Gauge and cross feed system for fuel management.
LT1 Huffed, MSD Ignition, Super Charger, Electric Water Pump, High Capacity Alternator, Air Conditioner, Custom Built set of Headers, 2 Rad's 2 Condensers, Special Fan ducts and Fans are used to ensure correct cooling in the city.
G50 Tran axial, rebuilt in California with new Gear set and steel Syncro’s, Oil Pump, Re-enforced Case and all other G50 Mods.

Heat, Air, Cruise, Tilt, Power Windows, Power Doors, Power Hood, Power Engine Cover, Power everything.

Computerized Vehicle Telemetry System that shows and records HP, Torque, and G Forces, Times, Max Speed, Watts, Volts, 1/4 mile and general info.

Traffic Light Preemption system. How James Bond is that!

Video front and rear on main screen and rear view mirror that is a screen.

Bell laser j system.

Front, Rear and side sensors for obstacle clearance.

Curb Weight is 3234 Lbs

M.alex
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Sounds .... interesting. I'm still skeptical it started out as a real lambo - it doesn't make any sense to do all that (which basically means throw out everything but a 30yr old frame) to one when a quality kit frame would be leagues easier, cheaper, and better quality.

thecitizen
09-13-2010, 07:49 PM
I SAW IT LAST WEEKEND, AND THOUGHT IT LOOKED FAKED FROM THE EXTERIOR, TOO. I HAD PREVIOUSLY READ THIS THREAD, HOWEVER, SO I WAS BIASED I SUPPOSE.

Dodobird
09-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Sounds .... interesting. I'm still skeptical it started out as a real lambo - it doesn't make any sense to do all that (which basically means throw out everything but a 30yr old frame) to one when a quality kit frame would be leagues easier, cheaper, and better quality.

It's definitely a real lambo. It's my neighbors car. Also, I'm pretty sure the owner doesn't even know all those ridiculous specs up there ^, interestingly enough.

soloracer
09-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Dodobird

It's definitely a real lambo. It's my neighbors car. Also, I'm pretty sure the owner doesn't even know all those ridiculous specs up there ^, interestingly enough.

Found out some more about the car. It's a kit car alright. Ask about the Mustang II front end that reportedly failed and had to be upgraded. A client of mine had a car built by the same shop and saw the car in progress. The reason this conversation came up was we were at the Fred Phillips collection looking at a real Lambo Countach.

M.alex
10-04-2010, 12:54 AM
real...fake....real...fake...real....fake .... :rofl:

If I ever do see him I'll be sure to ask him how his front suspension is holding together though.

you&me
08-19-2011, 07:23 AM

That's the one (same license plate).

I wouldn't mind building it based on that quality - although I"d leave off the Lambo badges; badging it is pretty ghey.

I wonder how many people he fools with it, and/or if he says it's a replica .... I know with mine the first question people ask me is if it's a replica or not, but that's probably not the first question for a Lambo I'd imagine (although it was my first question just based on the look of it - something just seeming like it didn't fit)

Bumpity-bump

Had to check back to this thread...

Was at a dinner at one of his neighbours last night and he most certainly claims it's real... Maybe he does that to save himself the trouble of "well, you see, it's more reliable than the real one, and um, it's cost me nearly the same, and..."

bastardchild
08-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Fake. Owner is trying to back it up as real. How lame.

M.alex
08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by you&me

Maybe he does that to save himself the trouble of "well, you see, it's more reliable than the real one, and um, it's cost me nearly the same, and..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rob the knob
08-22-2011, 09:57 AM
it is kit

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9745/jn9016.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/jn9016.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Shlade
09-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Kit or not looks nice.

Drove past my house the other day as I was working on my car and he revved his engine a little beside me. Heard a BOV. Cant tell wether its turbo`d or its running a centri under the hood.

colinxx235
09-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Kit or not looks nice.

Drove past my house the other day as I was working on my car and he revved his engine a little beside me. Heard a BOV. Cant tell wether its turbo`d or its running a centri under the hood.

:facepalm:

10 posts up would answer that question...

Shlade
09-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

:facepalm:

10 posts up would answer that question...

I am so sorry. Could you ever forgive me for not looking up a few posts?

Toilet_D
09-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

I am so sorry. Could you ever forgive me for not looking up a few posts?

oh i dont think so! you sir have commited a crime that is punishable by castration! it just so happens i perform such tasks orally. maybe next time youll learn to fuckin' pay attention!

Shlade
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Toilet_D

oh i dont think so! you sir have commited a crime that is punishable by castration! it just so happens i perform such tasks orally. maybe next time youll learn to fuckin' pay attention!

I love you.

kvg
09-09-2011, 04:20 PM

You are a poet:rofl:

95teetee
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Dodobird

It's definitely a real lambo. It's my neighbors car. if it has a Chevy motor, it's not a real Lambo.

Even if it started out as one.

M.alex
09-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
if it has a Chevy motor, it's not a real Lambo.

Even if it started out as one.

I don't think it started out as one? I mean, given the guy's running around claiming it's a real lambo I don't think it's too far fetched that for the more observant he might claim it is an original chassis an dbody but he just swapped in a chevy engine.

corsvette
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Its for sale. Read the specs/features, its an amazing car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-Lamborghini-Countach-/160838887781?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2572bea965

VWEvo
07-16-2012, 07:55 AM
That is probably the best replica I have seen. Tonnes of work and attention to detail.

clem24
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Funny thing is that this might actually be BETTER from a technical standpoint than a real Countach. But I am not sure I get it.. The whole point is to own the real thing and all it's quirks. What's the point of this, really? Like having a wife with fake tits, fake ass, face life, lipo'ed, and a dick - everything LOOKS great until you mention it and everyone laughs.

M.alex
07-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
Its for sale. Read the specs/features, its an amazing car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-Lamborghini-Countach-/160838887781?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2572bea965

WTF

"Curb Weight: 3,461 Lbs
"

You'd think he could chop that down a little bit - my cobra weighs 2100, slc 2100, 917 1800 .... almost 3,500lbs...oinky oinky!

I like the car, but if you're going to do a custom body and frame (apparently), jeebus, cut that weight down.

ekguy
07-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Also mentions about some feature that makes red lights turn green...is this possible?

jsn
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
Also mentions about some feature that makes red lights turn green...is this possible?

Might be similar to the traffic signal priority equipment that Calgary buses are equipped with. I'd imagine it would be fairly specific to each city though.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/pdf/TSP_AVTS_Summary_Report.pdf

R-Audi
07-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Hmmm Opticom Emitter.. $1200.

http://www.fleetsafety.com/Whelen-Opticom-Emitter-Traffic-Light-Changer-877

M.alex
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

Come to think of it, I don't think i've ever seen him stopped at a red light :rofl:

Nitro5
07-18-2012, 01:17 PM

You suck on someone's nutsack, then bite it off?

Cody D
07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Like having a wife with fake tits, fake ass, face life, lipo'ed, and a dick - everything LOOKS great until you mention it and everyone laughs.

This is more like the "Real Doll" of the car world.

dieselpower91
07-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Motomaster batteries! :hitit: