PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting good deal on this 2010 FX35

92_VTEC_lude
06-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I am thinking to get a birthday gift for my wife by getting her a new 2010 FX35 because she wants white exterior and wheat color interior that is why I can not find any 2009 FX35 in that color combo, so I have no choice of buying a brand new 2010 FX35. I priced out a 2010 FX35 on infiniti.ca for $67,000 including all tax
I finally found a 2010 FX35 in the color combo that my wife likes, it has both Navigation and Tecnology packages and the dealer give me an offer of $63,000 (cash deal) including all tax + 3M protection package, I already offer the dealer $60,000 (cash deal) and they refused to sell.
I just want to know if anyone buying a 2010 FX35 recently and if I offer the dealer $62000 still a good deal on this FX35?
thanks for your input

C4S
06-27-2010, 03:03 PM
I think so. $5K off is good.

2Valve0
06-27-2010, 03:07 PM
No. $60k or no deal. :D

JordanLotoski
06-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
No. $60k or no deal. :D

I agree stick to 60k they have the 11's coming in now and want to move it. Have you considered an Audi q5 with s-line?

911fever
06-27-2010, 04:50 PM
why buy a car of that value in cash? such a rip off.

wtf im nameless
06-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
why buy a car of that value in cash? such a rip off.

A happy wife is a happy life

Sugarphreak
06-27-2010, 05:33 PM

scary_perry
06-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Have you done a car cost report? In this economy $60k cash should get you a motivated dealer and a price just a few hundred over invoice IMO.

Tell them to make their money on dealer rebates.

2EFNFAST
06-27-2010, 05:56 PM
It will depreciate like a rock - why not buy a few year old one? She'd probably never even knwo the difference between a 2010 and 2007

911fever
06-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
It will depreciate like a rock - why not buy a few year old one? She'd probably never even knwo the difference between a 2010 and 2007

exactly. And why spend cash? Unless you're smart and paying it off with a low interest LOC or HLOC

92_VTEC_lude
06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
the reason I have to buy the brand new one is she want that white exterior + wheat interior combo and I like the new 2009+ re-design interior and performance wise. I already looked for a used 2009 FX35 and only found white on black combo only in Canada.
Yup I took her SUV shoping for the last month and had her look at the Audi Q5, Acura MDX.... but again she is too picky and did not like the outside of the Audi Q5...
the dealer have not called me back at all that got me thinking why would they let me walk out of the dealership when I offered $60,000, so I may call them back tomorrow and offer them $61,000 to see what happen....

thankyou all for your inputs

2Valve0
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 92_VTEC_lude
the reason I have to buy the brand new one is she want that white exterior + wheat interior combo and I like the new 2009+ re-design interior and performance wise. I already looked for a used 2009 FX35 and only found white on black combo only in Canada.
Yup I took her SUV shoping for the last month and had her look at the Audi Q5, Acura MDX.... but again she is too picky and did not like the outside of the Audi Q5...
the dealer have not called me back at all that got me thinking why would they let me walk out of the dealership when I offered $60,000, so I may call them back tomorrow and offer them $61,000 to see what happen....

thankyou all for your inputs

I'd hold tight. If a dealer won't move for you on a cash deal fuck them. When the 2011's hit they will be selling these for under 60

Speed_69
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by wtf im nameless

A happy wife is a happy life
Serious?!? You can't always give them exactly everything that they want. I'd rather have self-pride knowing that i'm a man rather then being a bitch my whole life.

I say just go with the 09 fx35 with white on black interior. Is she going to bitch about you getting a different color combo instead for her birthday gift?

kaput
06-28-2010, 08:30 PM

kamakurakid
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
The interior will look pretty worn in a short time, I know my Acura was always scuffed at the kick plate area from shoes and the leather seats can hold the colour dye from a damp piece of clothing. Try hiking for a few hours in light rain and sitting on cream coloured seats on the hour ride back to town. Now try and get the blue dye out of the seats, transferred from denim pants. Then there was the time a grocery bag containing cold items caused the dye from the Safeway lettering on the bag to transfer to the rear seat.... Never again with a light interior, save it for the show cars and soccer moms who do not know better.

Black interior and her cleaning life will be shortened by weeks.

Redlyne_mr2
06-29-2010, 01:15 AM
The best prices for 2010's are right now and you seem to have found exactly what you want. Sounds like a win/win to me.

yeahyeah
06-29-2010, 08:00 AM
in4picsofwife

atgilchrist
06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by kamakurakid
The interior will look pretty worn in a short time, I know my Acura was always scuffed at the kick plate area from shoes and the leather seats can hold the colour dye from a damp piece of clothing. Try hiking for a few hours in light rain and sitting on cream coloured seats on the hour ride back to town. Now try and get the blue dye out of the seats, transferred from denim pants. Then there was the time a grocery bag containing cold items caused the dye from the Safeway lettering on the bag to transfer to the rear seat.... Never again with a light interior, save it for the show cars and soccer moms who do not know better.

Black interior and her cleaning life will be shortened by weeks.

My Murano had a wheat leather interior, I'm assuming Infiniti uses the same stuff, or even better. I sold the car with 180,000kms and the seats looked almost new. If you wipe them down with a leather cleaner every once and a while, it will pull any blue out. An added benefit to the light interior is summer heat. The murano's interior was alright in the summer, the GTI's black leather is already scorchin', and it's not even that hot yet.

Sounds like you've found exactly what you were looking for, maybe go up to $61,500 and meet them halfway? The 09+ refresh on those fx's is :drool: .

w_man
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
I say stick with 60k - I'm assuming that Infiniti (i'm assuming thats the dealershit you went to in Calgary) is acting like this because they have no competition in Calgary. I believe there's an Edmonton location - call them up, tell them EXACTLY what you want and tell them it's a cash deal.

If they don't budge, call up Infiniti dealership in Vancouver and go through the same conversation. I think 3k would be worth a trip through the Rockys in the new ride.

Just a thought ...

Redlyne_mr2
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
There is now a harmonized sales tax is BC, it is payable by all residents and NON residents of BC. You would be adding 7% to the price.

TYMSMNY
06-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
There is now a harmonized sales tax is BC, it is payable by all residents and NON residents of BC. You would be adding 7% to the price.

He has until tomorrow!

As for the price, stick with 60k and stand your ground. They'll call you back in a week or two. As long as you're happy with the price, and she's happy with the car... that's all that matters.

kamakurakid
06-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Call Edmonton and see if they are in a dealing mood, make sure you block your number so they do not see the Calgary number:

Ericksen Infiniti
10982, 101 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5H 2S8
780 429-4611

Also, perhaps a BC dealer is more interested and can give a better price than the assumed 7% premium.

Saskatchewan would be worth a call as well. Tell your wife you are flying for a little vacation and pick-up the car, could be BC or Saskatchewan.

2EFNFAST
06-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I've heard that BC and Ontario and have that HST ... so does that mean they pay GST, PST, and HST? What's next, VAT? lol

atgilchrist
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

I've heard that BC and Ontario and have that HST ... so does that mean they pay GST, PST, and HST? What's next, VAT? lol

The HST replaced the seperate GST and PST (hence harmonized).

Biggest difference is that we (out-of-province residents) now have to pay the old PST, so 12% sales tax.