PDA

View Full Version : Selvedge Denim in Calgary?

HelloDoggy
06-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to find some selvedge denim in Calgary...I recently went to Van and picked up a pair of PBJs...but I now have a hankering for another pair...

Do you guys know where in Calgary I can pick some up? I can order online but I feel a lil' more comfortable if I can try them on...

Any brands you guys recommend as well?

t-im
06-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Might not be selvedge in particular, but some brands I'm a fan of are:
APC (my favorite)
Naked & Famous
Dr. Denim
Crate
Nudies

HelloDoggy
06-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Just looked at the APC site...I'm liking it..

How's the sizing?...And anywhere in Calgary that carries them?

t-im
06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by HelloDoggy
Just looked at the APC site...I'm liking it..

How's the sizing?...And anywhere in Calgary that carries them?

I'm going by memory because I don't have my APC's with me.

I think my New Cures are tiny, like 26. I can't fit them well after I wash them, but when they stretch out they're quite nice and fit fine.

My New Standard's I sized down one size on these (27).

No place in Calgary has them. I pick them up from APC in ny. I heard a store in Vancouver has them but i think they're pretty overpriced. Holt carries APC for women (only in Toronto), but I'm not sure what they have (APC jeans are unisex). Holt in Calgary has offered to bring them in for me before but I never bothered.

HelloDoggy
06-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the info man...nice to know there's some raw denim fans out there...mind posting a pic of how your jeans are turning out?

So I googled APC and Calgary, the result was a shop named Songkla...anyone been?...They say they carry the APCs...

know1edge
06-28-2010, 01:30 AM

xelpmoc
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
songkla carries NPC

Leo on 16th ave carries N&F

rumors on 4th st. has some evisu

That's all as far as I know... wish there was a place to buy PBJ's and other "higher end" denim brands in Calgary

HelloDoggy
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
yes, songkla does carry apc's. not sure which models they have though.

i think i sized down 2 on mine, and i think i got petite standards.

i would assume you would prefer your pbj's over apc's though..

I don't know if I have a preference...just want to expand the jean collection...bought some Bluebloods in LA a year ago and now they're rotten so I figured why not a couple more different pairs...