PDA

View Full Version : LF: Best Restaurant in Vernon or Kelowna

icky2unk
06-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Going to be in Vernon on Vacation during september long, which happens to me my 1 year.

So wanna take the girl out to the nicest place down there.

Any suggestions?

Something with a lake view would be great but any nice restaurant will do.

Baron O' Funk
06-28-2010, 07:17 PM
The Italian Kitchen. You MUST get the mussels.

Its in Vernon.

gokuu
06-28-2010, 09:10 PM
check out " CUSH" in ktown :thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
06-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Gasthaus on the Lake (http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?cid=9484830223685292177&q=gasthaus+peachland&hl=en&gl=ca)

reiRei
06-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Gasthaus on the Lake (http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?cid=9484830223685292177&q=gasthaus+peachland&hl=en&gl=ca)

I've always wanted to go there, my main office is literally steps from there...

There's also the Blind Angler Grill in Peachland, I've had some wonderful pasta there.

Not so lakeside, but still good is the Greek House in Winfield (or Lake Country as it's called), Olympia is a great greek restaurant in Rutland on Hwy 33.

Also, There are some deadly perogies at Cecil's.. sadly, I'm not cool enough to know the address, I just get driven there for lunches on the weekend :)

TomcoPDR
06-29-2010, 02:25 AM
In Vernon, there's this pub by the Sandman hotel. (beside the Dairy Queen building)... can't remember the name... ate there everyday when I worked there.

Cos
06-29-2010, 07:29 AM

Zero102
06-29-2010, 12:35 PM
The Italian Kitchen is good, but they are not the best restaurant in Vernon. If you want something reasonably affordable with a good atmosphere, a bit of history and good food then this would get my vote.

I used to go to Kelly O's about twice a month for the last year I lived there. I am a huge fan of them as a pub food place, but not somewhere I would take the G/F on a 1-year anniversary dinner.

Monashee's is decent, but as mentioned above it gets VERY crowded and noisy at night. If you go at a reasonable dinner time it is a good idea.

Phoenix is nice, they would get my vote but they are quite expensive (as you would expect).

I can't say much about restaurants in Kelowna, I worked there and lived in Vernon so when I was eating out in Kelowna it was always fast food.

J-WESS
06-29-2010, 01:47 PM
In Vernon there are a few good ones... if your into Mexican there is a nice little place called Los Huesos, it's on 30th Ave next to the Italian Kitchen (which is also VERY good )

If you want something on the lake, there are 2 pubs to choose from.... Alexanders which on Kal lake, or my favorite of the 2, Blue Heron which is on Okanagan Lake.

You may even want to try a restaurant on Silver Star Mountain, or even at Predator Ridge.

Cos
06-29-2010, 01:50 PM

atgilchrist
06-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Bouchon's in Kelowna is a nice French restaurant, would be good for a anniversary dinner. Many of the wineries around there have nice places as well.

Don't take her to Kelly O's. While the Pachos rock, it's about as romantic as the Kilkenny.

J-WESS
06-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Is turtle mountain done? They may have a nice restaurant as well.

As far as I know Turtle Mountain is not even close to being finished - I think the building phase has slowed down a lot!! However, that made me think of The Rise - they got to have a restaurant up there!!

I forgot to mention a couple other really good ones – they are smaller restaurants, not so noisy, and also really good food and service (from what I have experienced)

Tita’s Italian Bistro (3002 41 Avenue)

And

Intermezzo (3206 34 Avenue)

Cos
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Gary@UrbanX
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
I lived in Vernon for a couple years and found this family owned and operated Italian Restaurant called Tita's Italian Bistro. I went there every Friday with my fiance and the service and food was excellent everytime. The parents would be in the back cooking and preparing meals while the brother and sister would be out serving. This was the only restaurant I would recommend in Vernon. Dont get me wrong, there were other decent places to go but I didn't get the same positive experiences each time I went. Give this place a try you won't be disappointed!

http://titasitalian.foodpages.ca/

Zero102
06-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Cos

I was thinking of recommending those but Alexanders had horrible food/service last time I was there. Took me and a co-worker and hour and a half to get burgers and soup and it was april so it wasnt even tourist busy yet.

Blue Heron is always a shit show when I go, a mix of the young crowd for the wings and cheap beer and the hoity toities coming off the boat launch. Personally only ever went there for wing night and always got horrible service on the patio. Sat inside once and the owners GF pretty much told us to fuck off when we wanted to go onto the patio later on.

I had pretty similar experiences at both places. Terrible service and bad food to go with it. I wouldn't recommend either place.

icky2unk
06-30-2010, 11:16 AM
So many choices!

Thanks guys!

Will have to check them all out and see which one is the best.

Wanted to do something with a view of the lake, but it doesn't look like there are many choices in Vernon aside from the pubs mentioned.

Phoenix looks good and so does Tita.

Anymore suggestions would be great!