PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Court!

JennyLee
12-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Well I went to broadway court offices today to dispute a parking ticket and now I have to go to court!

I have a parking permit displayed in my windshield at all times so I can park out front my apartment block and some fucker gave me a ticket. I brought the proof of permit purchase and they checked up on the notes from the officer that issued the ticket and he said it wasnt displayed.

Well now I have 2 witnesses that there was snow completely covering my windshield and that there is no evidence that the snow was even moved a little bit (3")and they know I always have the permit in the window 24/7

So I go to court on the 22nd of June.

Woo Hoo!

Akagi Redsuns
12-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Sounds like a BS ticket. Good luck!

JennyLee
12-16-2003, 03:51 PM
thanks I believe I'll have fun fighting this one!

Weapon_R
12-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Print up a record of the weather conditions on the day that you got it. You should have no problem winning it.

JennyLee
12-16-2003, 04:26 PM
thanks I will have to do that!

Skyline_Addict
12-17-2003, 12:48 AM
did you take a few snap shots of your car on that day (with all the snow covering it).
that would help, but otherwise you should still win this.

fast95pony
12-17-2003, 09:34 AM
You can go to this site for historical weather...

Just type in the date in the box...

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/climateData/hourlydata_e.html?Prov=XX&StationID=2205&timeframe=1&Day=15&Month=12&Year=2003&cmdB1=Go

Mckenzie
12-17-2003, 11:51 AM
What a waste of your time..... going to court for a freakin' parking violation....:rolleyes:

Weapon_R
12-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
What a waste of your time..... going to court for a freakin' parking violation....:rolleyes:

Don't be so surprised man, some of these "parking" violations can get really expensive! And why should she pay for something that was clearly not her fault (providing all the details on her behalf are true).

JennyLee
12-17-2003, 03:12 PM
of course they are true...y would I lie? If I was guilty I would pay...

I have paid tickets in the past cuz I knew I was at fault. But I'm not at fault and I have 2 witnesses that saw what my car looked like and what not .

littledan
12-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

hey if you get a bullshit parking ticket what are you supposed to do? just bend over and take it? props to jenny for fighting that ticket. plus money has a different value to everybody so it may be worth her time to go and fight it.

fast_cars
12-17-2003, 04:16 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!
:thumbsup:

JennyLee
12-17-2003, 07:08 PM
money isnt an issue and I prolly woulda paid if I felt like I had to.

But I'm getting paid not to go to work $10/hr. So it doesnt bother me to fight.

besides it is $50 and why should the gov't continue to steal our money! Somebody's gotta fight back

TrevorK
12-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Some of us would have to take an entire day off of work to fight the ticket, which would result in lost wages for a couple hundred dollars....

In which case, it is better just to pay.

hockeybronx
01-17-2004, 03:05 AM
Don't give up, those parking guys are cocksucking egomaniacs!:guns: :guns:

T5_X
01-17-2004, 10:11 AM
This is small claims court? My landlords fucked me over a while ago, and I was gonna take them to court but small claims said I had to pay 100 bucks to file a report and get a court date. Most I could have won was 150 bucks so I just said fuck it.

rogue
01-17-2004, 10:39 AM
damn landlords :D

air_mikey
01-17-2004, 12:23 PM
i just went to court a couple days ago and the cop didnt show. :thumbsup: i got a $140 ticket withdrawn :clap:

Nadz
01-18-2004, 12:17 AM
good luck

hondarunner
01-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JennyLee
Well I went to broadway court offices today to dispute a parking ticket and now I have to go to court!

I have a parking permit displayed in my windshield at all times so I can park out front my apartment block and some fucker gave me a ticket. I brought the proof of permit purchase and they checked up on the notes from the officer that issued the ticket and he said it wasnt displayed.

Well now I have 2 witnesses that there was snow completely covering my windshield and that there is no evidence that the snow was even moved a little bit (3")and they know I always have the permit in the window 24/7

So I go to court on the 22nd of June.

Woo Hoo!
:werd:
i got the same fcuken ticket
one of ma friends live right accross the street from my school so i got a permit to park on their street, and i got a ticket about 2 days ago. I am in the proccess of fighting the ticket, but its a big load of BS.

rice_eater
01-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by littledan

hey if you get a bullshit parking ticket what are you supposed to do? just bend over and take it? props to jenny for fighting that ticket. plus money has a different value to everybody so it may be worth her time to go and fight it.

i think what he is trying to say is that the law is wasting her time by making her go to court instead of dropping the charges...