PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my civic ( 1994 Ej1 )

Pages : [1] 2

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Okay everybody, well i have gone through some tough financial trouble, and not being able to mod my car due to worrying about money, i can now sleep easy at night knowing i am done with all that, well and nobody would buy my car because i am asking to much, but its my baby, and i don't just wanna let go for nothin. = )
Well, its been a year and i am now ready to start.

So a little about what i would like to do. I recently spent the day watching the auto-x event at deerfoot mall, and was very disapointed that i didn't register, and that my car was a pos and would probably fail hardcore. So i want to build my car as a fun auto-x car that handles nice, and has enough power to have fun with. I realize auto-x is about the driver, not the car/power, so i want to improve my driving skills aswell as improve the peformance of my car. if anyone would like to comment on my mod list, go ahead and PLEASE give me tips and everything.
So, to start.

Mods

Suspension:
Neuspeed Springs
Del Sol Rims w/ Shitty tires (14x6.0)

Engine:
D16Z6
Megan Racing Drift Spec Exhaust
No Name Short Ram Intake

Stereo:
Alpine Type S Speakers
Unknown 12'' Sub/Amp Combo

So, i am going to be looking at getting:

Rota GT3 16x7 in Gold
w/ 185/45/r16 tires, with a little stretch, hopefully.
Or might aswell just go with a 205/45/r16 ... thoughts?

Skunk2 Pro-S Coilovers

B series swap, possibly B18b, or a b16a, whichever is avaliable when i have the money, i would like something with a big of torque so don't have to rev to get up to speed and everything, remember it is for autocross.

FORFUN:
Sidemarkers
Fogs
Type R rear lip
Mugen Front Lip

And im also looking at picking up a Megan Test Pipe and going to wait on the header, seeing as i may swap the engine.

Thanks guys, i know i make alot of these, but now i'm prepared to take a step farther seeing as i have a reason to build my car.

-Chase

ps. Please comment and tell me what you think, tips are appreciated.

Pictures/Videos
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs371.snc3/23830_10150159790260206_898815205_11744467_7898624_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs371.snc3/23830_10150159790270206_898815205_11744469_1620549_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs391.snc3/23830_10150159790275206_898815205_11744470_5595952_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs112.snc1/5118_215927135205_898815205_7453081_705532_n.jpg

6-haQ_XGVfI

sd09TolTKPM

ALSO: I plan on wrapping the hood and trunk in 3m Di-Noc Carbon Fibre material.

EDITS:
So, planning on picking the coilovers up tomorrow, July 2nd ;)
Decided on a 205/40R16 and am going to keep my eyes out for used rims, and if none come, going to order new.
Going to get some new brakes and change fluid, "anyone got a write up on how to bleed them?", and hopefully ill be set for my first autocross event.
I hope my engine holds up.

Skyline_Addict
06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
If you're truly serious about auto-x/track, all you need to invest in is a good set of tires and a proper alignment, maybe a rear swaybar. Set aside some funds for stuff breaking and needing replacing, because if you plan on driving your car hard, it's inevitable that you'll need to do this, especially for an older car.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
If you're truly serious about auto-x/track, all you need to invest in is a good set of tires and a proper alignment. Set aside some funds for stuff breaking and needing replacing, because if you plan on driving your car hard, it's inevitable that you'll need to do this, especially for an older car.

Yes i plan on having a reserve of money, but its going to be a weekend fun thing, not like every event. I just want to have a purpose to buy all this stuff, and not just to be cool, but yes my main priority is suspension setup and a good set of tires, plus some nice looking rims.
I want it to be a useful auto-x car, PLUS a reliable daily driver aswell, but i am planning on stuff breaking, i will try to have a 1000 reserve of money at all times.
Pay cheque to pay cheque my money will grow = )

Skyline_Addict
06-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Here's what I'd do.

Performance Street Tires:

If you're sure you're never going to drive hard in the rain, a set of Kumho XS should be reasonably priced in your size. These grip good in dry conditions and have a higher tread rating than some of the more expensive tires (Direzza Star Spec, RE-11, etc). Do not run a stretch tire unless you actually need to for clearance or if you want it for looks. Do not drive on a stretch tire for spirited or aggressive driving.

Wheels:

Pretty much anything goes to your taste. Since you're on a budget, a replica wheel of a wheel you like should suffice. Good choice on the Rotas.

Suspension:

Buddyclub N+ are really good for the application you're looking for and are one of the best bang for buck entry-level coilovers.

Brakes:

Upgrade your brake fluids and pads.

That's all you'll need. Don't waste money on bolt-on power adders that really won't add alot of power, and knowing you will probably swap in the future.

Sentry
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
i would like something with a big of torque so don't have to rev to get up to speed and everything, remember it is for autocross.

Then why are you looking at B16s? :P

You've got a perfectly good (I'm assuming its in decent shape) D16 right there. I have some things for sale you might be interested in... Cheap. ;)

Sentry
06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
IF your current D16 is toast... Then B18B swap and boost.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

Then why are you looking at B16s? :P

You've got a perfectly good (I'm assuming its in decent shape) D16 right there. I have some things for sale you might be interested in... Cheap. ;)
Yeah, i could always use the D, but i'm afraid its gunna blow or something, it burns a bit of oil, gotta top it up with a litre every once and awhile, it scares me man.
But yeah, PM me with some parts you have that i could use.
I kindof feel like putting new rings and replacing the seals, but i honestly have no experience nor the facility or tools to do so.

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Here's what I'd do.

Performance Street Tires:

If you're sure you're never going to drive hard in the rain, a set of Kumho XS should be reasonably priced in your size. These grip good in dry conditions and have a higher tread rating than some of the more expensive tires (Direzza Star Spec, RE-11, etc). Do not run a stretch tire unless you actually need to for clearance or if you want it for looks. Do not drive on a stretch tire for spirited or aggressive driving.

Wheels:

Pretty much anything goes to your taste. Since you're on a budget, a replica wheel of a wheel you like should suffice. Good choice on the Rotas.

Suspension:

Buddyclub N+ are really good for the application you're looking for and are one of the best bang for buck entry-level coilovers.

Brakes:

Upgrade your brake fluids and pads.

That's all you'll need. Don't waste money on bolt-on power adders that really won't add alot of power, and knowing you will probably swap in the future.

Alright, ill have to look into those tires.
I'm looking for more of a cheaper coilover, the buddyclub ones are a little out of my price range, there are Skunk2 Pro-S Coilovers on here for 450 im going to pickup hopefully tomorrow, and as for breaks, you don't think i need to upgrade or anything?

And i love the rota gt3's = ) especially since i can get all for landed at my house for under 650. then i just need tires.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+XS&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=05WR5EXS&tab=Sizes

Sentry
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh if it's burning that much then don't boost it. You won't break anything but it will only make any existing blowby problems worse.

Get a B18B and boost that.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 06:51 PM
IF your current D16 is toast... Then B18B swap and boost.

its not really toast, i just don't have much faith in it to tell you the truth.
Burns too much oil, but i really don't feel like paying JDM source 2500 for a b16a SiR Swap

yeah, now to just find a good enough b18.

403ep3
06-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Wth no ep3

eglove
06-28-2010, 07:13 PM
pro-s are GARBAGE. DO NOT BUY if you want to auto-x. Save your money and get Pro-c's

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
Wth no ep3

can't afford it man, got hit with a huge bill,
thankfully im done now with the debt crisis,

and about the pro-s, for 450? is it really that bad ?
won't they be suffiscient for now ?
I don't really need anything too extensive.

eglove
06-28-2010, 07:39 PM
do not do it. save your money, do it right the first time.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by eglove
do not do it. save your money, do it right the first time.

whats so bad about them.
there probably alot better than my setup i have now.
just springs?
i don't really care about the ride of them.
as long as i can raise and lower and have a stiffness adjustment

eglove
06-28-2010, 07:46 PM
stiffness adjustment is a joke, they are so bouncy. they bottom out constantly. they are just not worth it. save a paycheque and get something else. the buddy clubs that zeeshan has for sale are a much better deal

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
stiffness adjustment is a joke, they are so bouncy. they bottom out constantly. they are just not worth it. save a paycheque and get something else. the buddy clubs that zeeshan has for sale are a much better deal

he sold them dude, if i had known he was selling i would have gotten them.
But i really jsut need something that i can adjust, but i don't wanna wear out my tires, should i look into a camber kit ?

or should i really just say fuck it and just get rims and tires?

all the reviews say they are a good buy if you don't mind stiff coilovers, which i don't really mind, as long as my back doesn't get sore, haha.
but like i said, im not looking to be doing track and autox constantly, just on the side and have a car that can compete.
i dont need anything prepped for race, just something adjustable.
if i was to get them, should i pick up a camber kit aswell ?

EDIT: looking at reviews, i see they are a bitch on rough roads, and calgary roads and pretty fucking rough,
i may wait a bit, save up. in the meantime ill look at rims and tires

Joe-G
06-28-2010, 08:36 PM
My friend has D2 coilovers and theyre not too bad. You can adjust them so theyre softer on the street, but stiff as hell on the track.

Dodobird
06-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I was actually thinking about almost the exact same thing to my car as you were thinking. B series swap, skunk2 pro s (heard they were good actually, but it seems to be a very two sided argument) and some nicer rims/tires. But I weighed out the costs and fun factor, and I've almost fully decided to just sell and build something with more potential. Like an r32 or some such thing. But do whatever it is you want to. I'm sure with the right setup yours could be a great little auto-xer. Like Mr. Et's

eglove
06-28-2010, 08:48 PM
i think you all have the pro-S and pro-C confused.

pro-S(UCK)
pro-C(OMPETITION)

v2kai
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
cheap brake upgrade:

find some 94+ integra calipers they have larger pistons, should bolt right onto your 94 knuckle. also swap out the teg 40/40 prop valve, master cylinder and brake booster. stainless steel brake lines to top it off. *if youre non-abs use the RS trim.

just did it on my EG and huge difference, but the larger booster and mc played a big part as well dont just do calipers. just do a search on honda-tech to find out specifics. good luck with your build

Skyline_Addict
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM

Yeah, i could always use the D, but i'm afraid its gunna blow or something, it burns a bit of oil, gotta top it up with a litre every once and awhile, it scares me man.
But yeah, PM me with some parts you have that i could use.
I kindof feel like putting new rings and replacing the seals, but i honestly have no experience nor the facility or tools to do so.

Alright, ill have to look into those tires.
I'm looking for more of a cheaper coilover, the buddyclub ones are a little out of my price range, there are Skunk2 Pro-S Coilovers on here for 450 im going to pickup hopefully tomorrow, and as for breaks, you don't think i need to upgrade or anything?

And i love the rota gt3's = ) especially since i can get all for landed at my house for under 650. then i just need tires.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+XS&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=05WR5EXS&tab=Sizes

Your calipers are big enough for your car and that power it makes. All you need is pads :).

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 09:54 PM
i think you all have the pro-S and pro-C confused.

pro-S(UCK)
pro-C(OMPETITION)

LOL thanks guys,
well i honestly could care less for 450, if there stiff or not.
i really just want someting that is finctional.
i can always upgrade the springs on them and everything cant i?

and yeah i've been back and forth about selling and buying something with more potential, but then ive thought about it, and i really think that i could make this thing really fun and love it to death without having a reliability issue.

MORE MORE MORE, im loving the feedback, thank guys.

ps. i just want a cheap coilover setup, i dont need anything really special

ShermanEF9
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM

LOL thanks guys,
well i honestly could care less for 450, if there stiff or not.
i really just want someting that is finctional.
i can always upgrade the springs on them and everything cant i?

and yeah i've been back and forth about selling and buying something with more potential, but then ive thought about it, and i really think that i could make this thing really fun and love it to death without having a reliability issue.

MORE MORE MORE, im loving the feedback, thank guys.

ps. i just want a cheap coilover setup, i dont need anything really special

another decent coilover is function and form. i've been running mine for a year now and no issues. they are a little bit soft, but i havent preloaded mine or anything yet.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9

another decent coilover is function and form. i've been running mine for a year now and no issues. they are a little bit soft, but i havent preloaded mine or anything yet.

well the pro-s is around 800 new,
and im getting them for liek 450, so i can't complain if there shit,
as long as they dont seize or anything, or are completly out of wack.

i dont wanna spend over 800 on my budget right now,
because working a part time job at sobeys doesn't pay much hahaha

TommyEK4
06-28-2010, 11:33 PM
ooo, build that bad boy. I want to auto-cross i dont eve know wear to start though..

Nissan_Fanboy
06-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by TommyEK4
ooo, build that bad boy. I want to auto-cross i dont eve know wear to start though..

well your car is pretty good isn't it?
don't you have a swap, suspension.

I was talking to some people, and the best place is a good set of tires and suspension and you should be good, power isn't everything.

I'm actually pretty exciting, going to save up a coupe pays and then get a nice bundle of parts.

gpomp
06-29-2010, 12:52 AM
sway bars are the best bang for your buck. just make sure to get a reinforcement kit if you go larger than 20mm in the rear.

TommyEK4
06-29-2010, 12:56 AM

well your car is pretty good isn't it?
don't you have a swap, suspension.

I was talking to some people, and the best place is a good set of tires and suspension and you should be good, power isn't everything.

I'm actually pretty exciting, going to save up a coupe pays and then get a nice bundle of parts.

Actually, im still rocking the d ;). I wanted to how to get into auto cross, i thought race city was going to do it on friday i guess not..

Nissan_Fanboy
06-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
sway bars are the best bang for your buck. just make sure to get a reinforcement kit if you go larger than 20mm in the rear.

yeah, i'm thinking about doing a full suspension setup,
Swap bars, strut bars, coilovers, camber kit, LCA's just looking for some imput.
I would say suspension before anything else, right?
but i wanna be able to have some fun, i wonder how much a good b18b would run me used, or if i could find one.

and what it would take to put it into my car.
Cheeee

Nissan_Fanboy
06-29-2010, 12:57 AM

Actually, im still rocking the d ;). I wanted to how to get into auto cross, i thought race city was going to do it on friday i guess not..

they actually just had an event at deerfoot mall, i watched for like, 4 hours.
pretty insane actually, so i want to keep up on that.

ill probably try to hit as many events as i can.

TommyEK4
06-29-2010, 01:10 AM
What?! really.. i was hoping to see that

Nissan_Fanboy
06-29-2010, 01:18 AM
What?! really.. i was hoping to see that

yeah a pretty good event, apparently there having alot more events too.
so now i have an actual purpose to mod my car.
stoked? YESSS

TommyEK4
06-29-2010, 01:31 AM
haha, damn you should pm when you going to these let me know man! now im all stoked thanks... i wont be able to sleep xD

dj_honda
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
you make a thread like this every month it seems....

Anyways for suspension, don't get a full coilover...Especially not for your first setup. Most people just run out and buy $1000-2000 suspension setups and don't even tune them.

Get a set of springs from a quality manufacturer...eibach, h&r, etc. Stick with the predetermined spring rates and drop and a get a set of good adjustable shocks like koni yellows or if you are on a budget kyb agx. This setup will be more reliable than the china coilovers and will ride better because there is no possibility of fucking anything up as far as weight distribution etc.

Oh and if your primary purpose for the car is autocross, run the motor you have until it goes. Go for a good set of tires, suspension and brakes and worry about the motor later. You don't need much power for an autocross course.

Nissan_Fanboy
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda
you make a thread like this every month it seems....

Anyways for suspension, don't get a full coilover...Especially not for your first setup. Most people just run out and buy $1000-2000 suspension setups and don't even tune them.

Get a set of springs from a quality manufacturer...eibach, h&r, etc. Stick with the predetermined spring rates and drop and a get a set of good adjustable shocks like koni yellows or if you are on a budget kyb agx. This setup will be more reliable than the china coilovers and will ride better because there is no possibility of fucking anything up as far as weight distribution etc.

Oh and if your primary purpose for the car is autocross, run the motor you have until it goes. Go for a good set of tires, suspension and brakes and worry about the motor later. You don't need much power for an autocross course.

Well, not every month, every couple. It has been an off and on battle seeing as i just had to fork out over 4500 to pay off my friend, long story. But yeah, i finally have the freedom to do what i want without worrying about money trouble.

But that sounds good, but the spring/shock setup will cost me over 800 anyway wont it ?

Nissan_Fanboy
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
OKAY EVERYONE I NEED HELP:
If i would like to do a b18b swap, what do i need.

Shift Linkage
B Series Axles

What else?

As for the ECU, what should i run?
and mounts, should i find some b mounts?

PM me or post please
Thanks guys!

v2kai
06-30-2010, 02:02 PM
OKAY EVERYONE I NEED HELP:
If i would like to do a b18b swap, what do i need.

Shift Linkage
B Series Axles

What else?

As for the ECU, what should i run?
and mounts, should i find some b mounts?

PM me or post please
Thanks guys!

you need jdmsource problem solved :thumbsup:

Nissan_Fanboy
06-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by v2kai

you need jdmsource problem solved :thumbsup:
as in PM? or like go there and buy one and get them to swap it ?

i don't wanna pay them to do it, as i am cheap and like learning and doing stuff hands on, but if worst comes to worst, ill probably just do that.
I'm looking at a b16a2, but that requires a OBD-2 to OBD-1 conversion does it not?

So many options, i'm torn between b16 and b18b, because i would like a little bit more power out of my car, but not too much, just enough to compete, and have some fun on the side.

I'm not looking for no 14second civic, anyone have experience with replacing seals/gaskets and everything on a b16 willing to help out a noob if i decide to do so ?

Thanks guys

-Chase

gpomp
06-30-2010, 03:27 PM
call jdmsource and ask...:dunno:

Nissan_Fanboy
06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
call jdmsource and ask...:dunno:
done deal ;)

EDIT: well im so tempted to go buy these skunk2 pro-s and camber kit.
I'm actually pretty set on it, i can't really say theere good or bad unless i try them myself, everyone has there own opinion.

So, thats done, now im saving up to order some 16x7 Rota GT3's In Gold, or should i go green ;) divahn would hate me.
Looking at some Falken Azenis or Kumho Ecsta XS 's
205/50R16's

Thanks.

Dim_Sum
06-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Ive got a b16a i can sell you

Nissan_Fanboy
07-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Dim_Sum
Ive got a b16a i can sell you

yeah for sure haha.

but when brads done with that b20, i might be interested ;)

gpomp
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Looking at some Falken Azenis or Kumho Ecsta XS 's
205/50R16's those tires will look too big on that car. 205/40/16 is the proper size.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
those tires will look too big on that car. 205/40/16 is the proper size.

alright thanks for the tip.

Low-Life
07-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Car looks good!

nice and clean, and the 40 series tires will be a nice addition, gets the car a little closer to the road without comprimising that much grip, should be awesome.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Low-Life
Car looks good!

nice and clean, and the 40 series tires will be a nice addition, gets the car a little closer to the road without comprimising that much grip, should be awesome.

Thanks man, i've honestly taken such good care of it. I spend more time with my car cleaning and just driving/admiring it more than i do with my family.
I just haven't had the chance to sink some money into it yet, so NOWS MY CHANCE : )

Low-Life
07-02-2010, 01:46 PM
haha I was the same way with my last car, now time to convert to the Honda side :D

I look forward to see what else is plnned for this thing!

Nissan_Fanboy
07-02-2010, 03:01 PM
haha I was the same way with my last car, now time to convert to the Honda side :D

I look forward to see what else is plnned for this thing!

Honetly, if i can come up with the money, THERE IS ALOT PLANNED.
Its just putting the plan to reality,

BUTTT!

I got a little somethin for the car today.
Everything is mintyyy fresh, and for an amazing price how could i pass this up.
Should i get a camber kit? or just roll with it how it is?

Pictures:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs108.snc4/35739_10150216075750206_898815205_13319095_6573217_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs108.snc4/35739_10150216075755206_898815205_13319096_5977371_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs088.snc4/35739_10150216075765206_898815205_13319097_852844_n.jpg

A special thanks to Shockwave for these. Great guy!!!

AND!!! i've come up with a great plan!
Find some Axis OG's, Work Equip 03's OR Rota Flashbacks and im set. In Gold.
i absolutly love the way they look.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs034.snc4/34050_10150215948300206_898815205_13313929_683103_n.jpg

Ymerej472008
07-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Ive got a minty B20B4 Longblock that comes with a crapload of other parts..
Compression test 160 across all 4.
I'll let it go for dirt cheap...!
plus! Its got loads of that low end torque! :thumbsup:

eglove
07-03-2010, 12:32 PM
those aren't really auto-x wheels. too heavy

Nissan_Fanboy
07-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Ymerej472008
Ive got a minty B20B4 Longblock that comes with a crapload of other parts..
Compression test 160 across all 4.
I'll let it go for dirt cheap...!
plus! Its got loads of that low end torque! :thumbsup:

ill let you know about that, i emailed you about it i think.

But Coilovers installed today,
pain in my ASS.
Three of the four bolts broke off IN the bushings, and were SEIZED in there.
We had to drill one out, took almost 3 hours of drilling, not constant.

Pain in the ass, but they sit pretty nice.

Sentry
07-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Yup, I anti seized fucking everything when I did mine. In case it ever has to come apart again.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Yup, I anti seized fucking everything when I did mine. In case it ever has to come apart again.

i just threw some grease on it,
i should probably do that next weekend or something,
just incase.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Alright well i dropped it a bit.
Im afriad that if i drop it any more its going to rub and shit.
I will when i get new rims and tires, but for now, i think its suitable.

Old Stance.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs097.snc4/36234_10150216075350206_898815205_13319075_6385312_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs072.snc4/34973_10150216074975206_898815205_13319052_3626079_n.jpg
and yes the tire is really bald, bad allignment issue.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs090.snc4/35841_10150217953785206_898815205_13376772_4627735_n.jpg
not quite as low as i want to go, infact, not even close.

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs050.snc4/34865_10150217953985206_898815205_13376785_7696586_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs050.ash2/35841_10150217953780206_898815205_13376771_6154457_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs050.snc4/34865_10150217954010206_898815205_13376789_397340_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs050.snc4/34865_10150217953980206_898815205_13376784_6286377_n.jpg

So Now.
Looking for:
Rims/Tires 16x7
Purple/Blue Lug Nuts
Short Shift
Then Hopefully when i get enough money, B series swap.

UPDATE: MOAR LOW
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs076.snc4/35163_10150218075470206_898815205_13381213_4056678_n.jpg
Well the flap scrapes the ground, so i duno if i can go much lower haha

nykz
07-05-2010, 10:24 PM
You should remove the flaps :thumbsup:

Sentry
07-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah ditch em. It looks better without. Just don't go rallying if you like your paintjob.

EM1FTW
07-05-2010, 10:33 PM
lower it

Dodobird
07-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah definitely ditch those flaps. It'll look a lot cleaner without them. Next up is rims?

Nissan_Fanboy
07-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Dodobird
Yeah definitely ditch those flaps. It'll look a lot cleaner without them. Next up is rims?

yeah i might take em off.
And yes, next up is rims, just finding a used set, or getting a new set is my decision.

If anyone has some nice rims they think would look good on this car, post em, or have ideas of what would look good.

-Chase

TE4MFaint
07-06-2010, 03:26 PM

If anyone has some nice rims they think would look good on this car, post em, or have ideas of what would look good.

-Chase

Do the axis og's like you were planning. solid choice in my mind.

403ep3
07-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Didn't add a camber kit? I'd look into adding the rear kit at least! I wish I could spend money on my car. Student loans, girlfriend, and full time school equals no money T_T

Looking good! Need new wheels!

Nissan_Fanboy
07-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint

Do the axis og's like you were planning. solid choice in my mind.

Thanks man, yeah i really love those wheels, its just finding them for the right price is all, my budget is 1000 for rims/tires used or new.

Didn't add a camber kit? I'd look into adding the rear kit at least! I wish I could spend money on my car. Student loans, girlfriend, and full time school equals no money T_T

Looking good! Need new wheels!

Yeah, i could pick it up right now, i just don't know if i really need it. But yeah, i was in the same boat, except it wasn't student loans, it was paying off damages, and yeahh haha girlfriends aren't cheap, mines pretty good, not TOO pricey. Living at home FTW. No rent no nothing, but i am 17 haha.

B18b swap in the future soon? Possibly.
Either that or if i can find a good, cheap running b16a to swap in.
But i still might go with the b ;) Build for boost!

I <3 My Ej1

zcd16
07-06-2010, 10:35 PM
b18b1 are cheap and easy to build im only into mine for.....errrr enough and its built for all motor

v2kai
07-06-2010, 10:56 PM
you work at the sobeys in the nw? or around there?

def saw your car today, stance looks great hopefully your tires dont suffer too much, but its got a good profile:thumbsup:

eglove
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
^ yea he does

403ep3
07-07-2010, 12:47 AM

Thanks man, yeah i really love those wheels, its just finding them for the right price is all, my budget is 1000 for rims/tires used or new.

Yeah, i could pick it up right now, i just don't know if i really need it. But yeah, i was in the same boat, except it wasn't student loans, it was paying off damages, and yeahh haha girlfriends aren't cheap, mines pretty good, not TOO pricey. Living at home FTW. No rent no nothing, but i am 17 haha.

B18b swap in the future soon? Possibly.
Either that or if i can find a good, cheap running b16a to swap in.
But i still might go with the b ;) Build for boost!

I &lt;3 My Ej1

If you lower below anything 2 inches and lower you should really get the rear camber kit or else your alignment will fuck up from time to time.

Are you gonna be running 205s? Lol I'm running 205s and I'm rubbing :( I'm gonna get an alignment when I have money and get some rear negative camber haha. Anyone wanna swap rims and tires with me? I need some low profiles!

Nissan_Fanboy
07-07-2010, 01:23 AM

If you lower below anything 2 inches and lower you should really get the rear camber kit or else your alignment will fuck up from time to time.

Are you gonna be running 205s? Lol I'm running 205s and I'm rubbing :( I'm gonna get an alignment when I have money and get some rear negative camber haha. Anyone wanna swap rims and tires with me? I need some low profiles!

yeah, i was thinking i might have too, gunna wait and see how my cheque is. and yeah 205/40to45R16 is what im gunna run.

Originally posted by v2kai
you work at the sobeys in the nw? or around there?

def saw your car today, stance looks great hopefully your tires dont suffer too much, but its got a good profile:thumbsup:

yeah man, Number one cashier at Sobeys hahaha,
well im the only guy cashier, fuckin horrible job, the names chase.
if you ever come in, say your from beyond. im always parked there.
Thanks for the comment! and yeah, its pretty cambered!

I might take 403ep3's tip and get a camber kit.
But he's the only one tellin me too. haha

Originally posted by zcd16
b18b1 are cheap and easy to build im only into mine for.....errrr enough and its built for all motor

Yeah, thats why i want one. I wanna go LS/Vtec in the soon future, but thats in time. I don't wanna spend more than 2-3000 on the engine, and i may go turbo so you never know.

zcd16
07-07-2010, 07:43 AM
to build for a turbo then a turbo kit your gonna be more then 3Gs im gonna go vtec soon and stroker with mine after i see how this one does

Nissan_Fanboy
07-07-2010, 11:59 AM
to build for a turbo then a turbo kit your gonna be more then 3Gs im gonna go vtec soon and stroker with mine after i see how this one does

Yeah, i was saying 2-3000 for a LS/Vtec build or something.
But i honestly don't have the tools to build one, maybe once i get enough things together i can start.

I may try and find a cheap b18b full swap though soon.

The only part that scares me is how much do i have to moddify on the actual car.
-Because i know the throttle body cable has to be swapped, but to what size? from a Del Sol?
-The Shift Linkage has to be swapped, buy it online or from a del sol.
-Mounts
-Axles

Anything else?

zcd16
07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
you have pm

Nissan_Fanboy
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
you have pm

SOOOON, hopefully.
B18b1 obd-1 and skunk2 camber kit.

and thank you to zcd16 for all his help. hopefully ill have the swap going sooner than expected, just gotta pick the engine up and camber kit and convice the rents to let me build; )

Ymerej472008
07-09-2010, 07:15 PM
You can just pick up my B20B4 for cheap ;) ...I have no room for it
Its just the motor but it also comes with used Eagle Rods
and B20Vtec//LSVtec headstuds, ITR Oil pump, 19T Water pump.
and a bunch of extra stuff...plus its the perfect mill for your "future" LS//CRV-tec swap.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Ymerej472008
You can just pick up my B20B4 for cheap ;) ...I have no room for it
Its just the motor but it also comes with used Eagle Rods
and B20Vtec//LSVtec headstuds, ITR Oil pump, 19T Water pump.
and a bunch of extra stuff...plus its the perfect mill for your &quot;future&quot; LS//CRV-tec swap.

yea quite possibly,
PM me with prices and everything, we can talk .

zcd16
07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
mmmmm b20 vtec mmmm b18 stroked to 2.2L vtec

streethondas
07-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I want a ls/vtec soon! B16b is for sale I guess:dunno:

And buddyclub n+ good handling, Shitty on Calgary roads for a dd but good for the price, an for future coilover selection I'm going with tein flex.. Amazing ride and handling!!

too low = completely f***ed bushing, bald ass tires and a shitty ride

Nissan_Fanboy
07-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by streethondas
I want a ls/vtec soon! B16b is for sale I guess:dunno:

And buddyclub n+ good handling, Shitty on Calgary roads for a dd but good for the price, an for future coilover selection I'm going with tein flex.. Amazing ride and handling!!

too low = completely f***ed bushing, bald ass tires and a shitty ride

yeah, cant beat the ls/vtecs meng!
but yeah im raising mine up for a bit, so i don't wear tires 1, and 2, so its not as shitty.
almost got high centered today... fucking scrapped so bad, and front wheels lifted, and i was on an insane angle, the driveway was like /\ LOL
fuckin eh!

Al.Peffers
07-10-2010, 02:41 AM
hey just thought i'd throw in another $0.02

buy some polyurethane bushings if you are going to auto-x it as they will help soo much in keeping your alignment true. Also I'm for the suspension & tires before power.

FYI i has a 97 hatch, did one year w/ it fully stock, loved it, even though I was slow. next year I upgraded my tires they are 215/45/16, and I had to roll my rear fenders to stop them rubbing at stock ride height. I have however done no mods as of late as I'm waiting on parts, but I still am rocking the stock d16, soon to have coilovers and front SiR LCA w/ sway and pending funds a rear sway bar.
One mod I did do which has helped me feel more confident is to buy a proper seat, I don't know if the eg seats are bad as the ej's but i ended up having to race and brace myself w/ my legs. now I have a recaro and less worry (also more room for helmet!)

anyways stick w/ the motor you have and just go to the events, you will learn waaay more and get faster w/ just going than buying parts and moding.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Al.Peffers
hey just thought i'd throw in another $0.02

buy some polyurethane bushings if you are going to auto-x it as they will help soo much in keeping your alignment true. Also I'm for the suspension &amp; tires before power.

FYI i has a 97 hatch, did one year w/ it fully stock, loved it, even though I was slow. next year I upgraded my tires they are 215/45/16, and I had to roll my rear fenders to stop them rubbing at stock ride height. I have however done no mods as of late as I'm waiting on parts, but I still am rocking the stock d16, soon to have coilovers and front SiR LCA w/ sway and pending funds a rear sway bar.
One mod I did do which has helped me feel more confident is to buy a proper seat, I don't know if the eg seats are bad as the ej's but i ended up having to race and brace myself w/ my legs. now I have a recaro and less worry (also more room for helmet!)

anyways stick w/ the motor you have and just go to the events, you will learn waaay more and get faster w/ just going than buying parts and moding.

Hey thanks man, that helps alot. That actually makes me more content on getting tires and rims now and a couple more suspension parts.

I'm thinking Bushings, Control Arms, Camber Kit, Sub Frame Brace, strut bars, swap bars. How would that make it handle in auto-x ? and as for an allignment, should i get one asap ?

Nissan_Fanboy
07-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Found some XXR 002's 15x7 +38 offset in black. (16lbs/rim)

Thoughts?

and i found some Sportmax 002's 16x8 0 offset, would need fender rolling, would rub BAD and stretched tire, but would look pretty damn sexy!

Al.Peffers
07-10-2010, 07:58 PM
from my experience camber will help lots on making your tires last longer, and allow for faster corners... that being said it will induce more understeer, so what settings for the back to make it rotate I don't know.

I've looked at a lot of camber kits, and I'm in favour of the buddy club front camber arms as they have a solid flush top, nothing protruding which means when it bottoms out you hopefully won't have anything hit the top of the wheel well, but thats what my research shows.

rear lcas are well lighter, which helps unsprung mass... but otherwise not fully needed for your year civic I believe, as you already may have a stock sway bar mount point, just get the hardware to mount the sway ;)

also as far as rear bracing goes I don't know if the 92-95 have a slightly stronger rear end, but I was told anything >13mm needs reinforcement.

I would only do one alignment a year and try to get your suspension components all installed beforehand, otherwise you'll be paying lots more. I don't know Calgary shops but there are many which should be able to cater to your specs. also ask around at CSCC events as they'll know who does good alignments.

as for handling its all down to personal preference, but ideally you don't want it too understeer too much, but you also don't want it to have too much oversteer as it will be uncontrolable. but personally i like it to oversteer but only when i'm pushing it... ie not lift off oversteer. for this I'd say front has neg. camber more than the front. I'm planning/hoping for -1.0 front -0.5 back... it may kill the rubber for highway, but it should help with the wear i've gotten (stock is f-0.2 r+0.1 i think).
Hope it helps

Nissan_Fanboy
07-12-2010, 06:12 PM
hey thanks for the help man.
Picked up the camber kit today.
Pics follow:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs001.snc4/33402_10150223037860206_898815205_13522459_3550444_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs001.ash2/33402_10150223037870206_898815205_13522461_1776654_n.jpg

Nissan_Fanboy
07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Went over to UrbanX and talked with Bob, and on the weekend i might be coming home with a set of

15x8 +25

Axis OG Oldskool's ;)

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4229/oldskoolblkhr9.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs183.snc4/37482_10150223540935206_898815205_13535011_4795973_n.jpg

TE4MFaint
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Went over to UrbanX and talked with Bob, and on the weekend i might be coming home with a set of

15x8 +25

Axis OG Oldskool's ;)

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4229/oldskoolblkhr9.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs183.snc4/37482_10150223540935206_898815205_13535011_4795973_n.jpg

solid choice my friend! bob is the man =]

Nissan_Fanboy
07-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint

solid choice my friend! bob is the man =]

Thanks man!
He Deffinintlly is.
Givin me a wicked deal too, just gotta see how my next cheque is, maybe borrow a couple hundy from the rents haha.

So, if i buy the rims, im officially BROKE! and will need a solid couple months to get the cash flow back up haha

403ep3
07-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Lol being broke is not the way to go! Haha maybe you should actually save up first; although those rims are damn sexy!

Nissan_Fanboy
07-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Lol being broke is not the way to go! Haha maybe you should actually save up first; although those rims are damn sexy!

haha yeah i can't really pass up this. He is really giving me a wicked deal on them, and well... Their brand new. Ill work for a bit, get some more saved up and go from there.
I'm seriously rethinking the whole engine swap thing. I might wait until i find a really good deal if i find one, and just wait it out until i have enough. This is going to bring me down quite a bit with these rims, i like having that security in the bank, but i don't wanna pass those up. They are damn sexy ;)

Gotta Pay To Play, whats the point of making money if you can't spend it on what you love doing.
Think of it this way, i would be sppending it on something else where im not getting my money back, either way im out money.

Might wait a couple pays, see how that goes.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
POST PICTURES
give me ideas.

I'm looking at getting, when i have enough money, Front/Rear Lip's, Subframe brace, LCA's, sidemarkers, fogs, possibly some red/white tail lights, just because i love how they look.

Then for engine wise... im so confused.
I need to save, but i wanna go ZC turbo possibly with a vtec head.

Could possibly build my friends ZC, slap my vtec head on, which would have upgraded springs, retaines, all that good shit then just some upgraded rods/pistons, and then try to piece together a turbo kit, or buy one :dunno: depends on the cash and everything.

This of course wont be for a LONG time, because my cash flow is ... how you say SLOW!

But ideas would be great. Thanks guys

Might try a budget build, try to wait everything out and get the cheapest parts avaliable, like right now, i haven't paid fullprice for anything i've put on the car ... Not even the rims ;) Thanks again Bob.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-31-2010, 01:02 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs163.snc4/37497_10150234865770206_898815205_13865190_7605888_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs183.snc4/37497_10150234865775206_898815205_13865191_548020_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs187.snc4/37691_10150234865860206_898815205_13865195_3685863_n.jpg

In Dire Need Of:

-Fender Rolling
-Allignment

MORE POWER!

Specs:

Rims
15x8jj Axis OG Oldskool

Tires
Khmho STP KU-31's
195/50R15

Low-Life
07-31-2010, 02:55 PM
SO. EFFING. SICK.

Nissan_Fanboy
07-31-2010, 03:09 PM
SO. EFFING. SICK.

Thanks man!
Im sure it will look 10x better when i get my fenders done and everything looking good.

I'm going to get it aligned hopefully sometime this week.
Does anyone have any tips for like camber? How much i should run?

Shlade
08-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I hope you plan on tossing some major locking wheel nuts on there...

Nissan_Fanboy
08-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
I hope you plan on tossing some major locking wheel nuts on there...

What can i get that will fit that diameter?
and the car is pretty low, i can't fit my jack underneath it, what do you reccomend.

JAARemedy
08-03-2010, 01:42 AM
MOAR LOW!

Joe-G
08-03-2010, 01:47 AM
You dont need to run a camber kit with those wheels.... Just roll your fenders. With the suspension on Civics/Integras the camber changes in relation to the ride height. The lower the car, the more negative camber there will be.

Nissan_Fanboy
08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Joe-G
You dont need to run a camber kit with those wheels.... Just roll your fenders. With the suspension on Civics/Integras the camber changes in relation to the ride height. The lower the car, the more negative camber there will be.

Yeah i know, i didn't pay much for the camber kit, it was cheap so that was fine.
But i have them on just incase, but i need to get my alignment done asap, booked in for friday.
But if i lower it more, won't i need to get ANOTHER alignment done? or can i try and fine tune it myself?
Its just usually the toe that changes right?

Kardon
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Those rims look awesome dude nice choice.

Nissan_Fanboy
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Kardon
Those rims look awesome dude nice choice.

Thanks Colton, Finally getting some possitive feedback from you on my car haha.

Well everyone, i am now currently looking for a B18b1 swap for under 500.
I am feeling like my engine is bogging hard and just feels so gross and slow, plus im pretty sure its starting to burn oil like a bitch, so time for something new.

Hopefully ill be able to do the swap within a weekend haha.
Ill keep everyone updated with information, might even find a vtec head and do that up.

I'm going to make this car my Daily Driver Budget car.
So I'm going to buy things as cheap as i can and make it work, its worked well so far, except the rims. I just couldn't hold back on those.

TommyEK4
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
buy my motor!!! :D

Nissan_Fanboy
08-04-2010, 01:26 AM
buy my motor!!! :D

you didn't sell yet?

I still have to save up a shitload.
I'm just looking for a B18b, not sure what direction i wanna go yet. Just looking for a lil more power and not have to spend a whole shitload for 20 extra HP

TommyEK4
08-04-2010, 01:48 AM
noo i havent, im just going to part it check out the thread mang