PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealership recommendations?

gyu
06-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey guys I'm looking into getting a new car, is there any Honda dealerships (in calgary and area) with honest salesmen you would recommend?

MGCM
06-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Not sure about the sales side of things but Okotoks Honda has a GREAT service department. Sales isn't a big deal to me, it's all about how well the service department treats you. I took my 93 Civic for it's safety inspection there and they did a top notch job letting me know of anything that needed to be addressed major or minor.

88CRX
06-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
Not sure about the sales side of things but Okotoks Honda has a GREAT service department. Sales isn't a big deal to me, it's all about how well the service department treats you. I took my 93 Civic for it's safety inspection there and they did a top notch job letting me know of anything that needed to be addressed major or minor.

Really?

I called Okotoks Honda once to see if they have some parts in stock (exhaust spring bolts) and they actually laughed at me on the phone. They said they don't stock anything and need 2-3 days to order it in. I figured this would suck for service work having to wait a couple days for every part so I've never tried them.

As for salesman, do all your research online, then when you go in the dealership don't listed to anything they say haha.

bignerd
06-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Haha not sure about the honest thing... last two Honda's we bought from Honda West. They were the only one willing to work with me and came down to my price-I took the same price to T&T and Crowfoot and both were like "We can't do that" and left it at that, Honda West gave me my price no problem, so apparently I didn't go low enough. Honda West also did a trade with another dealership in Edmonton for me to bring in the vehicle in a certain color for me-other dealerships wanted to charge extra to do this, Honda West did not.

Only thing that annoys me about Honda West is everytime I tell them I do not want a dealership sticker on my car when I pick it up and it is always there on the back of the car.........sigh.

msommers
06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
T&T has been really good to us. No complaints. Got a winter tire/rim package at a pretty good price as well.

Zewind
06-29-2010, 09:31 AM
I personally like T & T, on the otherside of town for me but no major issues.

s2k_boi
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Okotoks Honda has been good. If you want a name pm. I am sure he can get you a great deal.

Travel_Dude
06-29-2010, 10:52 AM
<-- I work at NorthWest Acura. What are you looking for?

gyu
06-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Travel_Dude
&lt;-- I work at NorthWest Acura. What are you looking for?
I'm most likely going to pick up an SI, I considered the CSX Type S but I'm leaning towards the SI.

Sorath
06-29-2010, 12:18 PM
what part of town do you live in? i still have honda hookups

gyu
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I live in NW by Coventry Hills/Panorama Hills/Country Hills, I think the closest one to me is in Airdrie but I am willing to make a trip anywhere in the city

gyu
06-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I checked out some dealerships today, North West Acura and Honda, as well as Airdrie Honda and can't even get a test drive for the type S or the Si cause there was none. There was 1 SI in Airdrie but not for demo.
The guy in North West Honda didn't even know there is a Sedan SI :thumbsdow !

Travel_Dude
06-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by gyu

I'm most likely going to pick up an SI, I considered the CSX Type S but I'm leaning towards the SI.

There is a 4k difference?

You get:
Leather seats with high contrast stitching and Type S lettering
Navigation
Upgraded sound system
HID's
Extra 1 year warranty
Mirror turn signals
Type S mats
Type S badging
Type S gauges
Acura front grille
LED Spoiler
Acura Wheels
More sound dampening inside
Fog Lights?

I drive the Type S. Fantastic car. I like it for surprising reasons. I used to drive a modded EP3 (one of the most fun Honda's ever made), and the CSX is just as fun! (Handling is better)

Come take a look at the CSX then checkout the SI.

Dan.

Travel_Dude
06-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by gyu
I checked out some dealerships today, North West Acura and Honda, as well as Airdrie Honda and can't even get a test drive for the type S or the Si cause there was none. There was 1 SI in Airdrie but not for demo.
The guy in North West Honda didn't even know there is a Sedan SI :thumbsdow !

Ill let you drive mine. It has 400kms on it, 1 week old.

gyu
06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Travel_Dude

There is a 4k difference?

You get:
Leather seats with high contrast stitching and Type S lettering
Navigation
Upgraded sound system
HID's
Extra 1 year warranty
Mirror turn signals
Type S mats
Type S badging
Type S gauges
Acura front grille
LED Spoiler
Acura Wheels
More sound dampening inside
Fog Lights?

I drive the Type S. Fantastic car. I like it for surprising reasons. I used to drive a modded EP3 (one of the most fun Honda's ever made), and the CSX is just as fun! (Handling is better)

Come take a look at the CSX then checkout the SI.

Dan.
Do you work with Jared? He was the one that helped me today and got his card.

Edit: I sat in a normal csx today before sitting in the SI and regular civic and the interior seems much nicer in the csx. but the csx-s seats don't seem to have much bolstering surprisingly considering it's the sporty version of the regular csx they look like they have the same seats as the regular except it says type s

derran.m
07-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Okotoks Honda was good to me ... I called T&T and Honda West but guess since I didn't know my Honda's at the time they just laughed me off ... Okotoks was pretty good, gave me a good deal on the trade-in, and came down on the asking price, AND did a full detail / buff / tinted windows ...
My only beef was we had to make an appointment to pick up the car - and had to sit around for an extra hour because "they had to put nitrogen in the tires" ... does it really take that long to fill 4 tires???
Otherwise they have been quite impressive.

I'd say since you seem like the bachelor or at least not attached like I am with a kid ... go for the CSX, the SI is nice as far as comfort and looks, but it is lacking under the hood.

Sorath
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by derran.m
Okotoks Honda was good to me ... I called T&amp;T and Honda West but guess since I didn't know my Honda's at the time they just laughed me off ... Okotoks was pretty good, gave me a good deal on the trade-in, and came down on the asking price, AND did a full detail / buff / tinted windows ...
My only beef was we had to make an appointment to pick up the car - and had to sit around for an extra hour because &quot;they had to put nitrogen in the tires&quot; ... does it really take that long to fill 4 tires???
Otherwise they have been quite impressive.

I'd say since you seem like the bachelor or at least not attached like I am with a kid ... go for the CSX, the SI is nice as far as comfort and looks, but it is lacking under the hood.

uhhhhh its the same engine?

imo, if you really want leather and heated seats, go with the csx-s, otherwise i dont think its worth it at all. plus the new grill they have is ultra ugly. One of my previous customers is getting rid of his SI, it only has 4000km on it.... Its white. maybe you can take over his lease

Masked Bandit
07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
A few years ago (well, six actually) when we were looking for a CR-V I visited every Honda dealer in town and didn't really like any of them. We ended up buying a private sale. The ONLY Honda shop I will deal with is Okotoks Honda. The father-in-law also bought his Accord from there and well, he's not the easiest guy to get along with. The fact that he was HAPPY with the dealership speaks volumes all by itself.

Travel_Dude
07-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by gyu

Do you work with Jared? He was the one that helped me today and got his card.

Edit: I sat in a normal csx today before sitting in the SI and regular civic and the interior seems much nicer in the csx. but the csx-s seats don't seem to have much bolstering surprisingly considering it's the sporty version of the regular csx they look like they have the same seats as the regular except it says type s

Yup! Works with me.

Zewind
07-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Personal between the Si & the Type S is the more luxury.

I picked up the 2 door SI and sometimes I wish i went for the Type S, cause because I would like to do the JDM conversation.