PDA

View Full Version : Insurance claim: Body shop

ragu
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
So maybe I just have some super shitty luck. Beginning of this month, my car got stolen....everything went through insurance and state farm settled everything very conveniently.

Today, I go to pick up a very very mint g35 coupe. One owner, spent 5years in Vancouver and anally maintained. Guy explains me all features and begs me to maintain it just like he has and to never get in an accident. On my way home, not even 5 minutes after I settled everything with the guy I get into an accident.

Going up McLeod Tr near 9th Ave, a guy in Tundra ran a red light while turning left and hit my rear quarter panel. Hard! Now from what it looks like, the rear bumper and quarter panel would have to be replaced for sure. The left rear rim is curbed and tire has some sidewall ripped but car is still drivable.

I've went through Contemporary coach works (professional and fast) and screaming paint works (flexible but slow). I like both of their service but I just need this one to be perfect, I mean perfect! Don't want anyone to even notice that car was ever in an accident.

What shop do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

That.Guy.S30
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM
maranellos. everything i sent there has come back better than it was when i got new. theres also a thread about bodyshops. search through there.

psycoticclown
06-30-2010, 02:12 AM
+1 for Maranellos if it's on the insurance's dime. Although Screaming Paintworks did a great job on my car.

bignerd
06-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Maranello's does good work but they are not fast... You are lucky it is summer, trying to get your car in during the winter is impossible. If you are willing to wait I would go with Maranello. Your insurance company will try to scare you telling you the work is not guaranteed if you don't use one of their "preferred" shops however you don't have to worry about this if you go to Maranello's, they just do it right the first time.

Do not go to Calgary Coachworks or A1.

Mitsu3000gt
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Maranello is the best place if your #1 concern is workmanship. It will literally be like new. I had a very minor front-end accident, and my car came back better than new. Their work blew my mind.

Took me about a month to get in but it was a very small price to pay after seeing the finished product. Don't worry about them not being a "preferred" shop of your insurance company, all that means is that if you aren't happy with the work, the insurance company won't go to bat for you, it will be up to you do deal with Maranello.....but that doesn't happen there, it's done right the first time.

Neil4Speed
06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Maranello is the best place if your #1 concern is workmanship. It will literally be like new. I had a very minor front-end accident, and my car came back better than new. Their work blew my mind.

Took me about a month to get in but it was a very small price to pay after seeing the finished product. Don't worry about them not being a "preferred" shop of your insurance company, all that means is that if you aren't happy with the work, the insurance company won't go to bat for you, it will be up to you do deal with Maranello.....but that doesn't happen there, it's done right the first time.

Good to know Mitsu! I am taking my car in there on the 26th.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/307866/should-i-insist-on-a-new-quarter-panel/

I trust those guys to set the record straight on what would be required. I get a rental from the insurance company thankfully.

ragu
06-30-2010, 12:49 PM
^^ Yeah, few of my friends suggested the same. I have the shittiest luck lol, I had owned it for less than 5 minutes before it got ruined. I'll post pics tonight of the damage

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

T-Dubbs
06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
comtempory coachworks in douglasdale is good, they did good work on my Trailblazer
They even did custom reflector shaving, on my rear bumper for me, and it was perfect

:thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by ragu
^^ Yeah, few of my friends suggested the same. I have the shittiest luck lol, I had owned it for less than 5 minutes before it got ruined. I'll post pics tonight of the damage

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Sorry about your luck man, but you know if its panel damage, there are allot of body shops that can bring it back to new if you know which ones (thank god for beyond!). And you still have the piece of mind that you have a great G35.

heavyD
06-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Years ago Maranello did a completel repaint on my delsol VTEC and it was the best paintwork done on any of my cars. Better than factory. It took over a month to get done but that was when they were in their old building.

Mitsu3000gt
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Good to know Mitsu! I am taking my car in there on the 26th.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/307866/should-i-insist-on-a-new-quarter-panel/

I trust those guys to set the record straight on what would be required. I get a rental from the insurance company thankfully.

Yeah you will be really happy. I rear ended someone at like 5km/h right after I got my car. The damage was very minimal, far from any structural damage or anything like that, but was where the bumper and hood met. My insurance company agreed to replace rather than repair, so everything was exactly like new. Maranello's work was just amazing. It blew my mind how much it cost ($10,000 labor in) considering how minimal the damage was but the insurance company was paying haha. I even got them to replace my headlight assemblies just in case. All the tiny little bits like clips, fasteners, etc. add up pretty fast. Accident forgiveness FTW.

soobad
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Exotic Cars International Ltd.

If you want it to be "perfect". :thumbsup:

Neil4Speed
08-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Yeah you will be really happy. I rear ended someone at like 5km/h right after I got my car. The damage was very minimal, far from any structural damage or anything like that, but was where the bumper and hood met. My insurance company agreed to replace rather than repair, so everything was exactly like new. Maranello's work was just amazing. It blew my mind how much it cost ($10,000 labor in) considering how minimal the damage was but the insurance company was paying haha. I even got them to replace my headlight assemblies just in case. All the tiny little bits like clips, fasteners, etc. add up pretty fast. Accident forgiveness FTW.

Instead of starting a new thread. I just got my car back from Maranellos. They did a an amazing job on my car. I was a bit concerned about how good they could repair a dent to the rear quarter, but it actually came out looking better than new. The paint on the factory side has the ever so slight bit of orange peel I mean really negligible, but the side that was repainted is flat flat flat.

Some of the negative points about Maranellos (cost + time to do work) was not really a factor for my job. It only took about 10 days, and the bill was less than that of Arrow Carstar (about 30% less). I also heard something like they only work on cars that are newer than 5 years old, this is also not true.

Overall, super happy with the whole experience. They detailed the car nicely too. The only sour note was the nasty air freshener they left inside the car, smells like chemicals ha ha, but I can live with that for a few hours. lol

All in all a great experience, and definitely would recommend them along with Screaming Paintworks (who did amazing work on a previous job)