PDA

View Full Version : Your diet on study days

DJ_NAV
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I am going to be studying a solid 10-11 hours on Wednesday and Thursday this week for my exam on Friday.

What is your diet/schedule like on such study days to provide you energy, concentration and also better sleep.

I usually eat about the same amount of meals, but snack probably 3 or 4 times more... studying makes me hungry.

dandia89
06-30-2010, 12:18 AM
eat tons of food, non greasy - so i don't fall asleep after. have to hit the gym after my study sesh so i can fall sound asleep

broken_legs
06-30-2010, 01:29 AM
2L of coke light
Dominos Brooklyn Style Pizza
0.5kg of buffalo jerky
leave study table, lift weights and stretch every 45 minutes
try not to surf beyond too much

DJ_NAV
06-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Lol.. pizza and pop??? sooo tempting but I am trying to look for alternatives to the usual junk food. I also fall sleepy easily when it comes to studying... need to find foods that will keep me awake. Are all caffeine pills the same? I know there are different strengths but is there a difference between the brands?

broken_legs
06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV
Lol.. pizza and pop??? sooo tempting but I am trying to look for alternatives to the usual junk food. I also fall sleepy easily when it comes to studying... need to find foods that will keep me awake. Are all caffeine pills the same? I know there are different strengths but is there a difference between the brands?

try a scoop of isolate whey protein, and a tablespoon of instant coffee.

I actually find that Pizza and Coke Light is the ticket. I am wired from the pop. It's like crack - I'm so high!

max_boost
06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Caffeine pills should be the same. 100mg and 200mg doses are common.

100 is like a M coffee and 200 is a XL.

Shunsui
07-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Try to study Tuesday & Wednesday. And don't study as hard on Thursday the brain loses a lot of what it memorizes within 24 hours. Don't know if it is true but it's what I heard.