PDA

View Full Version : Anyone visit/get adjusted by a Dr. of Naturalpathic Medicine?

JDMMAN
06-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Has anyone seen a Naturalpathic doctor? I had an adjustment done to my gall bladder and liver... I seem to have slept MUCH better last night... more so then usual. I could actually wake up without my alarm clock.

mazdavirgin
06-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by JDMMAN
Has anyone seen a Naturalpathic doctor? I had an adjustment done to my gall bladder and liver... I seem to have slept MUCH better last night... more so then usual. I could actually wake up without my alarm clock.

I have some snake oil that would make you feel even better! For the low low price of 100$ I can sell you my cure all elixir! Can you afford not to take it?

JDMMAN
06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
mazdavirgin - looking for some emperical experience by people who've actually had and experience with a naturalpath.

Gurpy
06-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Placebo effect. That's it that's all.

The Wanderer
06-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I was recomended to a naturopath by occupational health at work.

The naturopath had me go for viceral manipulation.

I thought this was all a crock of s&%t.

But since it was strongly "suggested" by occupational health, I went. I have tried many other remedies that did not work and suspected this would be another.

Well all I can say is the viceral manipulation has been a g-d send for me.

Definitely not a placebo, as I was expecting no results other than a reduced wallet. I have the reduced wallet but also better health and no constant pain.

Cos
06-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I have been wondering about seeing one of these as my work health pays for me to see one. Sub'd to see other peoples feed back.

dannie
06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
I have seen a couple naturopaths, iradologist (sp?) and a accupunturist.

The first naturopath that I saw had me hold this electro-something. It supposedly measured the currents in the body and would spit out information on what current wasnt working properly or something. For whatever reason, the machine didnt work for me and it had something to do with me having a high amount of currents in my body. In the end, she tried to do it the old fashioned way. When I told her what my medical condition was, she had no idea what I was talking about and proceeded to tell me to buy ~$250 worth of vitamins etc.

The second was at a clinic in Kensington. Similar thing. They wanted me to do some sort of cleanse (even though they didnt know what the health condition was) and shell out ~$650 for that.

The third was this iradologist. She sits you down and looks at your eyes and the mapping of them and determines what is wrong with you. She hit the nail on the head with the health condition. She said to take these pills etc etc and they should work. But she then got on the selling rampage and tried to get me to do all this other crap too. I did the first set of pills for the actual condition, but the rest I couldn't be bothered with.

The last person I went to was this little accupuncturist that a friend of mine goes to. The guy barely spoke english, but seemed to be able to get the jist of what I was saying. I hate needles. With a passion. But holy crap.... that stuff works. I felt awesome after going to see him.

Based on the experiences I have had; I would say no to a naturopath, hit up an accupuncturist and grab a cleanse from the health food store (depending on what you are trying to accomplish).

sheik_yerbouti
06-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by dannie

The first naturopath that I saw had me hold this electro-something. It supposedly measured the currents in the body and would spit out information on what current wasnt working properly or something. For whatever reason, the machine didnt work for me and it had something to do with me having a high amount of currents in my body. In the end, she tried to do it the old fashioned way. When I told her what my medical condition was, she had no idea what I was talking about and proceeded to tell me to buy ~$250 worth of vitamins etc.

Sound like the famous E-Meter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-meter)

Scientology and Naturpathy mixing together, it's like a bullshit martini

sputnik
07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Naturalpaths = 21st Century Snake Oil Salesmen

Seriously. You can't walk out of a Naturalpathic office without a several hundred dollar sales pitch for various elixirs, cleanses and mystical energy treatments.

Might as well just go to a televangelist faith healer and get healed for free.

wrcftw
07-20-2010, 03:47 PM
:facepalm:

pseudoscience.