PDA

View Full Version : World Health - Cancellation

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
So today, I tried to call World Health to cancel my membership.

Been a member since Nov 08, did some personal training, and financed that.

I tried to cancel, as I don't want to pay the $68/month for a membership I don't use anymore, but I know I need to pay the financed training still. I don't have the money to buy out the training sessions (that are already used up), so I was hoping to keep financing those.

I called to cancel, and was basically told that unless I can pay out the financed sessions (which is around $700 right now), I can't cancel my membership.

Anyone ever have issues like this? Anyone know how I can get around it? Anyone work at World Health (this is the Edgemont club btw)

I know I'm not under that "1 year contract" bs anymore, as it's been a year and a half.

bubbley
06-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Are you going to goodlife? Im cancelling my edgemont whc membership in a couple of days here also

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
My new employer has a gym in our building, that I have free access to.

My previous employer payed for my membership through benefits, so it didn't cost me a cent (other than the sessions).

broken_legs
06-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Unless it says something in your membership agreement about the financing terms I don't see how they can do this.

Health Clubs are pretty bad for this sort of stuff. They don't want to sign up people for terms that are convenient and affordable, they want, long term, hard to get out of contracts.

I think the best move would be to just go in and sign the cancellation form (in person because they wont let you do it any other way). Then at least you can say you have canceled your membership, the financing thing can be dealt with outside of your membership.

mr2mike
06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
"World Health - Cancellation" in the same sentance?!?! Good luck with that. Most people try to sell off the rest of the membership.

Cos
06-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I didnt owe a penny on my membership (monthly) and they STILL made it next to impossible to cancel my membership. I swear to god I probably paid for one trainers salary with the amount extra they made me pay. Never again, drop in rates only at places that will let me. Or the YMCA as they dont seem like D-Bags.

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs
Unless it says something in your membership agreement about the financing terms I don't see how they can do this.

Health Clubs are pretty bad for this sort of stuff. They don't want to sign up people for terms that are convenient and affordable, they want, long term, hard to get out of contracts.

I think the best move would be to just go in and sign the cancellation form (in person because they wont let you do it any other way). Then at least you can say you have canceled your membership, the financing thing can be dealt with outside of your membership.

I don't have a contract.. My contract ended.. They tried to say I can't cancel because I financed some training sessions, which is a separate charge that comes out of my account every month, so I can't see why I can't cancel my account.

94CoRd
06-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Terminal Illness will get you an automatic cancellation, or a doctors note...

Not sure about the finance part of it though.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I walked in and filled out a form. They asked me why, and I was on my way. Easy as hell. I was on a 2 year contract, and I signed in 07. I was off contract, but I expected more of a fight.
I also cancelled my cancellation which was just another signature. Same fee and everything.
I am gonna cancel again in Septemeber too, lol

Criticull
07-16-2010, 10:35 AM
They told me I had to give them 30 days notice of cancellation even though I was finished my contracted term. They are complete sons of bitches. The manager downtown is a robot. Just in one ear, repeats company policies, out the other. I guess that's what makes him a good manager.

Kennyredline
07-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Trying to cancel a gym membership is like trying to get out of the mafia.

space_eyes
07-16-2010, 12:29 PM
myabe your "leaving the country"... use at your own risk...

Ronjacinto83
07-19-2010, 03:58 PM
I am so glad I joined Work Out World yesterday. $30 bucks a month with no contracts!

QR25DE-SER
07-20-2010, 03:15 AM
The always getting ill from machines not wiped down worked for me .

Will never ever go to a gym again unless it was a Family leisure or the place by stampede the trico centre?