PDA

View Full Version : Honda CRX question

Ronjacinto83
06-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I am looking into buying a honda CRX. My questions is if its possible just to put a normal b16 into it with a/c? How much would it cost to be installed? Any good mechanics out there that can do that work?

Thanks guys

ShermanEF9
06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
it is possible. does it have AC already? if not GLHF!

Ronjacinto83
07-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
it is possible. does it have AC already? if not GLHF!

no it doesnt. do si models come with AC?. the only crx model that ive seen that had AC was on a HF model. i hope it doesnt cost an arm or leg to do this conversion.

DeeK
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
yes, put your engine in and roll down the windows. FREE A/C!

OG*crxboi
07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
only states crx came with ac and j-spec, but it wouldnt be that hard to do. you need the ac duct under the dash all lines and pump condenser all that jazzz. Just find one in the states for cheap like 500 get him to drive across boarder and get registered or use as parts swap over to your shell. Then get b series parts to replace

boarderfatty
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I have done this before with a B18c5 we used the components found in an EF from pick your part which for the most part fit right into the CRX, some stuff took a little fab and massaging tho. I can't remember what AC compressor we used though, I think some we tried were a little tight for space.

I am not sure how much a shop would charge, I have done many b swaps for other people, but none have opted for AC, the only time I did it was for my personal car. Parts are cheap, it took me a while to figure everything out etc. If a shop has never done this install before it can get expensive because there is a bunch of experimenting what fits and making a few parts etc.

Ronjacinto83
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by OG*crxboi
only states crx came with ac and j-spec, but it wouldnt be that hard to do. you need the ac duct under the dash all lines and pump condenser all that jazzz. Just find one in the states for cheap like 500 get him to drive across boarder and get registered or use as parts swap over to your shell. Then get b series parts to replace

my buddy's hf model did come from the states. haha.

4lti
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
First off hows the CRXs body!?
No point in swapping a nice B16 into it if its just a rust bucket.

B16s are pretty pricey and from don't come with transmission also.
Its probably going to cost you more then the car is to swap the engine. Is it worth it?

Ronjacinto83
07-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 4lti
First off hows the CRXs body!?
No point in swapping a nice B16 into it if its just a rust bucket.

B16s are pretty pricey and from don't come with transmission also.
Its probably going to cost you more then the car is to swap the engine. Is it worth it?

The body is actually really good! the car is from bc with no spec of rust (which i dont see). One of the best ones ive seen so far. my previous car was an 88 crx, i spent about 4700 onto the body which i dont wont to do ever again. that was about 8 years ago in winnipeg. since now i dont have my friends to help me do a motor swap i may have to get a mechanic to work on it for me. im sure it will be worth it!

OG*crxboi
07-02-2010, 02:34 PM
is it a si ? swaps are not that hard to do

slinkie
07-02-2010, 04:21 PM
crx are cute cars, i like seeing nice ones

Deetz
07-02-2010, 04:32 PM
only states crx came with ac and j-spec

that's not rue. It was a dealer installed option from Honda dealers in canada, i have owned 3 so far and stll have one with A/C with a b series swap

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/deetzcrx/July07006Medium.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/deetzcrx/Feb06019Medium.jpg

Ronjacinto83
07-02-2010, 05:12 PM
is it a si ? swaps are not that hard to do

Yes it is an si model. would you happen to know what materials i need to install ac into the crx (besides a condenser and a new climate control)?

OG*crxboi
07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
you dont need a new climate control you can get the button from a civic and pop out the delete and in behind that is the plug for the ac.

deet , i personally havent seen a cad ac version.

OG*crxboi
07-02-2010, 07:09 PM
also good seeing you in vernon did you see me and my buddy pulled over by chance ha ha

Deetz
07-02-2010, 07:27 PM
lol, i did :P

OG*crxboi
07-02-2010, 08:26 PM
hah come on, now you can vouch for me being beyonds most wanted even getting tickets in bc they love me

stevescivic
07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
You can easily put ac onto b series motor. Just use stock parts but substitute stock ac bracket with one made by a company called hasport. They actually make an ef specific bracket for b series ac conversion.

Yes Canadian crx had ac as an option but it Wa's $1200 or so for the option which was pretty pricey esp back in 88-91. Crx si special edition in Canada in 1991 came with factory ac as part of the special edition package.

OG*crxboi
07-15-2010, 12:05 AM
i had a se crx 91 with power windows but didnt have a/c for sure. it had the non ac duct in it when i parted it out someone from the states wanted it so i shipped to him.