PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat daily?

Shlade
07-01-2010, 10:04 AM
What do you guys eat on a day to day basis?

How to do you start off your mornings?

Whats for breakfast? Do you have 3 big meals during the day or 3-5 small snacks a day to get you threw the day?

Ball park how many calories do you think you eat a day? Carbs?

Only drink water or are you a sodium freak and cant stay away from the pop?

Reason I ask is im trying to get my meals planned out every day!

Im looking to loose body fat and start building muscle

Heres my plan (please tell me what I should change)

30 Min cardio in the morning when I get up
Followed by a Begal for breakfast with light spreading (no tim hortons crap)

Afternoon small home made sandwich on whole wheat bread
Snack- apple or pare or banana

2nd Workout of the day (after work) Do some weight training to help the fat burning process.

Im stuck there.. What should I eat during the day (snack wise) or something to munch on so I dont go crazy or start getting headaches.. What should I have for Dinner?

In order to keep good Protien Would chicken breast or beef be good for dinner?

I hear its best to never eat dinner after 7?

Theres a few workout and health freaks here. I really want to cut the body fat down and build muscle! Ive got a big back piece tattoo done and want to be in good shape or else itll keep getting postponed! Which ive already done too much!

TIA!!

kaput
07-01-2010, 10:27 AM

wintonyk
07-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by kaput

For breakfast, I use my magic bullet - 1/3 to 1/4 vanilla almond milk (unsweetened), half a frozen banana, a scoop of vanilla rice protein (no sugar or artifical sweeteners), about half a scoop of flax meal, and frozen blueberries until the cup is full. I'll usually try to add some spinach as well, but it's hard to fit much in there. Add water to fill in the void space for a good consistency and blend. Eat a handful of almonds with it. Better than jugo juice.

Thats a pretty solid breakfast. Mine is pretty much the exact same except Hemp Hearts instead of flax (the estrogen in flax messes my body up) and I use pasteurized egg whites instead of the powder stuff.

To OP, I usually do 4-5 meals and 2-3 snacks per day. To maintain I rock about 2800. When I try and gain, it goes up to 4500 and cutting I drop to about 2000.

I would change your bagel for a couple slices of whole grain/sprouted bread (silver hills is the best I have seen) with some pb and a piece of fruit and yogurt.

Snackwise I would do fruit or nuts or veggies with hummus, celery with almond butter, yogurt (greek yogurt is the best)

Lunch and dinner, I would aim for a couple cups of vegetables, some sort of whole grain (brown rice or quinoa or bulgur or couscous)

A chicken portion size depends on your body size, workout intensity but I would probably go with 5.5-6 oz

Oprah lied about the 7 o clock thing. You can honestly eat about as late as 30 min before bed. Just be careful about what you choose. Great evening snacks are things like yogurt, berries, hell my fav is sugar snap peas. Even a couple ounces of meat will be great.

adidas
07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
What do you guys eat on a day to day basis?

How to do you start off your mornings?

Whats for breakfast? Do you have 3 big meals during the day or 3-5 small snacks a day to get you threw the day?

Ball park how many calories do you think you eat a day? Carbs?

Only drink water or are you a sodium freak and cant stay away from the pop?

TIA!!

Chicken, Beef, Veggies, Rice, Tuna, Oatmeal, Fruits.

Wake up, Protein drink, followed by Oatmeal and fruit.

Pre-workout, Chicken with brown rice.

Gym

Post-workout, 2 cans Tuna with brown rice/eggs following a protein drink.

Steak and Potatoes with cauliflower/broccoli.

Fish(Salmon or Basa)

Chicken with various vegetables.

Pre-sleep, tuna and cottage cheese.

Most stuff is either boiled/cooked and contains no spices/oils. Fruits are eaten throughout the entire day.

3800-4000 Cals
40/30/30 Carbs/Pro/Fat

Water only.

Shlade
07-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by adidas

Chicken, Beef, Veggies, Rice, Tuna, Oatmeal, Fruits.

Wake up, Protein drink, followed by Oatmeal and fruit.

Pre-workout, Chicken with brown rice.

Gym

Post-workout, 2 cans Tuna with brown rice/eggs following a protein drink.

Steak and Potatoes with cauliflower/broccoli.

Fish(Salmon or Basa)

Chicken with various vegetables.

Pre-sleep, tuna and cottage cheese.

Most stuff is either boiled/cooked and contains no spices/oils. Fruits are eaten throughout the entire day.

3800-4000 Cals
40/30/30 Carbs/Pro/Fat

Water only.

3800-4000 calories.. Wow I take it your trying to gain weight then?

there's 3500 Calories in a Pound right? Should I be eating atleast 2800-3000 max a day or less If i plan on cutting down weight and body fat?

bball2
07-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Started eating a lot healthier:

breakfast - oatmeal with protein powder and blueberries OR a large omelettte

snack 1 - spinach salad with tuna

lunch - sandwich with turkey or pastrami

snack 2 - spinach salad with tuna

dinner - salmon or chicken breast with steamed vegetables on brown rice

And I'll usually eat 2-3 pieces of fruit and a handful of almonds throughout the day, and another protein shake post workout.

About 2000 calories, 250g protein, 125g carbs, and 50g fat (mostly from almonds / olive oil). I still have fast food / take out a couple times a week so it probably evens out to about 2500 calories / day.

adidas
07-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

3800-4000 calories.. Wow I take it your trying to gain weight then?

there's 3500 Calories in a Pound right? Should I be eating atleast 2800-3000 max a day or less If i plan on cutting down weight and body fat?

Dont let my calories fool you. I am a pretty big guy so that is my maintenance. Obviously it all comes down to if you are cutting or gaining and what your height and weight are respectively.

Easiest way to find out is to know ur maintenance caloric intake, once you know that you should do 500cal/day for weight loss or gain. You can raise the number, but i wouldnt exceed 1000cal/day(deficit) if its your first time cutting.

davidI
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Example diet for me when bulking:

Breakfast:
2 cups of Oatmeal, 6 Egg Omelette with a healthy Salsa

Mid-Morning / Pre-Workout:
Banana & Protein Shake

Lunch:
2 cans of Tuna, a little light mayo, mustard, hot sauce put between a couple pieces of whole wheat bread

Mid-Afteroon / Pre-Workout
Fruit & Protein Shake

Dinner:
Rice, Chicken Breast or Fish, Veggies

Example diet for me when cutting:

Breakfast:
Fruit, yoghurt, 2 hard boiled eggs.

Mid-Morning / Pre-Workout:
Banana & Protein Shake

Lunch:

Salad & Chicken Breast, Fish or Hard Boiled Egg

Mid-Afternoon / Pre-Workout
Fruit & Protein Shake

Dinner:
Rice, Chicken Breast or Fish, Veggies

Shlade
07-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Whats your weight for the most of you guys?

When your doing your cutting phase with the food how long do you do it for and how effective is it?

Reason that I ask is because im a big guy, 6'1 230lbs and I want to cut down (basically your guy's cutting phase) But at the same time I want to keep the weight off.... AND I dont want to eat too little or too much. If I eat too little I get headaches and turn into somebody who looks like hes experiencing roid rage.. lol.

What would you guys reccomend?

davidI
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm 5'9" 170 - 180 lbs.

I end up usually bulking over the winter and cutting during the summer. It's different to cut if you're competing to just trying to slim down.

You have to listen to your body. Just start tracking your calories and start reducing them until you find you're losing some weight - maybe aim for 5-8 lbs. / month if you want it to come off and stay off.

I always had more of a problem gaining weight than losing, so maybe it's different for me, but I just eat the same good food in lower portions throughout the day - I'm never hungry and I always have energy, but I'm not over eating. I also drink 4-6L of water a day and it keeps me feeling full and helps flush me out.