PDA

View Full Version : In need of help: Vista will not boot

dam_guy
07-01-2010, 03:05 PM
So my gf plugged in her ipod into the computer and suddenly the screen goes black and only the mouse pointer is visible. There is no response from the left or right click and the keyboard.

I've tried cold booting it back up but it always goes to a blank screen with the mouse pointer. Also, when I get to the screen showing the options to choose which safe modes/normal mode to boot into, all selections have the same result and just goes to a blank screen. Not sure where to go from here, as I've tried searching for some solutions online and I can't find any definite answers. So any help would be much appreciated.

Jetta-2.0
07-01-2010, 05:24 PM
maybe you have been hit by a worm that copys all ur shit to who ever made the worm? open ur computer and check for any of those long black fuses are blowen

Kinjou
07-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Do you see the log on screen or no? And does anything happen if you hit ctrl+alt+del?

old&slow
07-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Did you try unplugging all the power and restarting...?
It's weird how that can sometime help.

dam_guy
07-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Kinjou
Do you see the log on screen or no? And does anything happen if you hit ctrl+alt+del?

It goes to the normal start up screen and then to the screen saying the computer has been shut down improperly prompting me to choose a safe mode boot or normal. But again, every option leads me to a blank screen and keyboard has no response after I choose a boot mode.

Originally posted by old&slow
Did you try unplugging all the power and restarting...?
It's weird how that can sometime help.

Yeah, I've tried that already as well but with no luck. I'm thinking it might be a problem with the registry?

Boat
07-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Did you unplug the ipod from the computer?

I have an issue with this all the time with my IPOD charging cable. It turns my screen black, but it usually fixes itself after I reboot. The best way to prevent this is to touch your ipod cable to another piece of metal.

Seth1968
07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Keep tapping F8 as soon as you start up the laptop. From the menu that appears, choose Repair My Computer. That will start Vista's Startup Repair.

If that doesn't work, then try System Restore from the same menu.

firecotch
07-02-2010, 08:26 PM
i may be off here but i heard that mirosoft will crash your computer 4 using an ipod??? think about it for a sec...... k microsoft gets more money from fixing and no more apple stuff.