PDA

View Full Version : Canada Jr's

SI-vic
12-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Who thinks they're gonna take it all the way this year?

I hope they win this year.... 1 of my childhood friends is the backup goalie. Josh Harding, wow its such a shock that he made it. Havent talked to the guy since I moved to Calgary but, good luck to him and the rest of the squad. I played 1 season of hockey when I was about 10, and he was my Defence partner, his dad was my coach. haha true story too.

Anyways,
I really do think that they have a solid chance of winning this year.
What do you all think?

Hakkola
12-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Being the patriotic man that I am, I say Finland :D

It would be sweet if Canada wins, I want to see Fleury and Crosby do well, I'd also like for Finland to win, either way I'm happy.

Barlow
12-16-2003, 10:29 PM
hmmm.... Well since the olympic womans and mens team won, it would only fit that he juniors win the gold this year, but yeah I hope canada wins, and just for neone else that came int o this thread thinking that it was canadian juniors like the american juniors (idol) your not alone.

Skyline_Addict
12-16-2003, 11:36 PM
if there's anything that Canada is undoubtably good at, it's hockey.
I think they'll go all the way.
lots of talent and big guys who can skate too.

hustler
12-17-2003, 03:34 PM
yee GO CANADA

its also one of the youngest teams we've ever sent sent

the last 2 times we sent a reallly young team we've won gold

theyll go all the way

:clap:

inawiJ
12-24-2003, 12:53 AM
canada has a strong team i think they'll definetly do well and hopefully bring home the gold

Gondi Stylez
01-03-2004, 01:23 PM
the ONLY team that has a shot at beating canada this year more then ANY other this year is the USA!! usually its russia and such but team usa is fuckin amazing this year!! but i love canada and always will so GO CANADA GO!! speaking of which the semis are over now!! hopefully canada won against the checzh (sp??) ill go check the score!!

max_boost
01-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Gold and nothing less! They have a stacked team and with a guy like MA Fleury, oppositions have no chance to score.

inawiJ
01-03-2004, 06:52 PM
yeah did they win today forgot to watch the game

accordboi_02
01-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by inawiJ
yeah did they win today forgot to watch the game

7-1 Canada.
We play the US for the gold medal; I believe US beat Finland 2-1.

Go Canada!!
:D

98type_r
01-03-2004, 10:11 PM
all the way!

Davetronz
01-04-2004, 03:43 AM
Go Canada! Dont give those Yanks the satisfaction!

CRX-R
01-04-2004, 03:49 AM
It's gonna be amazing watching Canada walk all over USA!!

Team_Mclaren
01-04-2004, 04:25 AM
wow Can VS USA again...
whens the game?

Gondi Stylez
01-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
wow Can VS USA again...
whens the game?

monday at 10am!!

SI-vic
01-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Canada BLEW IT!
3-1, Getzlaf missing 2 wide open nets....
The last goal was disturbing to watch.....
Canada BLEW IT.

2 bullshit goals by the U.S.A
Stupid ref's need to start skating and start getting out of the fuckin way!

JennyLee
01-05-2004, 01:45 PM
I was p'od Canada should have toated the US

We always choke in the last period

SI-vic
01-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JennyLee
I was p'od Canada should have toated the US

We always choke in the last period

.......... im still speechless and in shock.
Canada played so strong in the second period, it looked like it would be an easy victory.
But the story of the game: Getzlaf missing 2 easy shots
that wouldve changed everything....... disappointing.

You'll never hear the end of THIS from the Americans, they're still celebrating the U.S.A olympic womans hockey gold.......

max_boost
01-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Winners find ways to win, the Canadians choked! It was too easy for them through the round robins and they annihilated the Czechs in the semi's so they basically gave themselves the gold medal! But no! Complacency kills! The Americans want to die, you have to kill them. Mission failed, I am extremely disappointed:banghead:

CRX-R
01-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Winners find ways to win, the Canadians choked! It was too easy for them through the round robins and they annihilated the Czechs in the semi's so they basically gave themselves the gold medal! But no! Complacency kills! The Americans want to die, you have to kill them. Mission failed, I am extremely disappointed:banghead:

:werd: You got that right

gongSHOW
01-05-2004, 06:49 PM
man 3 of those goes were just brutal, marc andre-fleury played absolutley brutal. The first goal should not have gone in, aswell with the 3rd goal, he shouldn't of had his stick like that and the last goal what can I say? He is a first round draft pick in the NHL and a first stringer, he should choke like he did today! there is always next year.

SI-vic
01-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
he should choke like he did today! there is always next year.

that doesnt sound like "win talk". that sounds like "loser talk".
Every year should be GOLD!
Every game against the Americans should be a WIN!

pinoyhero
01-05-2004, 11:16 PM
One word: Heartbreak

Team_Mclaren
01-05-2004, 11:19 PM
:thumbsdow

i am so disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always comes close but ........ the last goal was a heart breaker, what bad luck.... its not Flurey's fault really, its all luck by the US, the last 2 goals were all luck!!!!!!!!!:guns: :guns: :guns:

A_3
01-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Damn... of all the countries why the Americans... when do you think the t.v. movie will come out... about how the Americans persevered all adveristy and odd's to pull out an amazing win on the jugurnaught Canadian Jr. hockey team... but they'll leave out the part about our goalie letting in three weak goals...

accordboi_02
01-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by SI-vic

You'll never hear the end of THIS from the Americans, they're still celebrating the U.S.A olympic womans hockey gold.......

Actually, I'd be suprised if it gets even more than a passing interest in the US... outside of Canada, not many countries really care about the Juniors... the Spengler Cup drew more spectators; as will the world championships in April/May.

Originally posted by A_3
Damn... of all the countries why the Americans... when do you think the t.v. movie will come out... about how the Americans persevered all adveristy and odd's to pull out an amazing win on the jugurnaught Canadian Jr. hockey team

The Americans were the favorites going into this tourney... they had the most experience and some very skilled players... it sucks that Canada lost, I was watching the game today, and was really hoping they'd pull it out, but bad goals or not, the Americans found a way to win... a lesson that many of the Canadian kids will have learned through this loss, hopfeully.

Anyways, maybe this means that Canada will kick ass in the World Cup of Hockey in Aug???

GO CANADA!!! :thumbsup:

SI-vic
01-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

Anyways, maybe this means that Canada will kick ass in the World Cup of Hockey in Aug???

GO CANADA!!! :thumbsup:

.... as I recall, Canada was beaten last world cup by none other then.... the U.S.A.............

if Canada loses, it BETTER not be to the states. Hell I rather see them lose to the Ukraine then the states. Either way, this tournament is gonna be wicked, first time in 7years!