PDA

View Full Version : Telus Router Address

eb0i
07-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Hey guys,

My Dad recently switched over to Telus internet and since I don't live there I wasn't able to be around when it was being installed.

The telus serviceman ended up connecting a new wireless router to the existing wireless router that I had set up (so my Dad now has two wireless spots to connect to). Now I can still access the old router by going to http://192.168.0.1 but I can't access the new wireless router (can't find/don't know the address).

I would just like to be able to change the password to the new wireless so that its more secure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

DannyO
07-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Depends if he uses windows or a mac, if he has a mac its

Apple - System Preferences - Network - select the Airport - click Advanced - got to TCP/IP, and its right next to where it says "Router"

eb0i
07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
He uses a PC.

eblend
07-02-2010, 10:39 AM
If he is connected to the new router, then the IP of the router would be the default gateway on the PC. So have your dad go to cmd and type ipconfig /all

the one that is listed as the default gateway is the new router if he is indeed connected to it.

The router will be on a different subnet, so probably something like 192.168.1.1.

eb0i
07-02-2010, 11:28 AM
So is there a reason why they connected the new router to the old router? Because now my Dad now has two wireless networks? It just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

And yeah all the wireless is still going through the old router. I just wanted to be able to configure the new router they setup.

Thanks guys.

lint
07-02-2010, 11:30 AM
There is/was a problem with the cisco triple play router where the wireless and the wired couldn't communicate. So the solution was to turn off the wireless of the Telus router and attach your own for wireless functionality and leave the Telus router for wired. there are some threads on this topic over at the digitalhome forum

SmAcKpOo
07-05-2010, 02:12 PM
If you are talking about that stupid, crappy silver box that is the DSL modem/wireless access point then,

default router admin password is telus

FreakinPrince
07-05-2010, 04:25 PM
do you need to hook up some sort of cable into wan port in order to have internet access?

or is the phone line port good enough?

i don't get this modem/router combo at all

some one care to explain?

Seth1968
07-06-2010, 07:49 AM
It sounds like your dad had a separate router/modem, and Telus tried to connect a combination modem/router.

Anyway, if you want to use the Telus router/modem, then hook up the phone cable to it, and directly connect a computer to it using an ethernet cable. For the default username/password, have a look here:

http://www.seo-webz.com/hardware/router-default-usernames-passwords.html

That should get you into the router so you can set up encrytption. If not, reset the device by holding in the tiny reset button (on the back or bottom) and try the default again

Seth1968
07-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
If you are talking about that stupid, crappy silver box that is the DSL modem/wireless access point...

+1