09-02-2002, 06:31 PM
Well that was fucking FUN!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Justin and of course: beyond.ca!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S. Justin I owe you 10 dollars! :)

Peter

Mikaldor
09-02-2002, 08:13 PM
Second the vote. The day was a blast!!!

Thanks Justin for setting up the meet! It was great to meet everyone.

Superesc
09-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Yup Thanks Justin! This was the funniest day I had for so long!!!! (I need a vacation.. this will help carry me over till my holiday hehehe)

Also Thanks to GaGe for being my first run instructor !!! :thumbsup: All your GT3 experience was awesome!!! :D

Azncowboy
09-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Thanx justin...although i spun out twice..had a blast...hope u guys set up another one soon :D

OMOYYC
09-02-2002, 09:24 PM
Great day, and great weather to boot. Unfortunately so many red flags with problem spots. Lots of spinouts today!

buh_buh
09-02-2002, 09:26 PM
Damn that was a fun track day.... even though I only had 2 hours of track time.:banghead:
One more before winter!!!

Ekliptix
09-02-2002, 09:28 PM
^
and a punctured tire.

importadrenelin
09-02-2002, 09:32 PM
The Track day was sooooo much fun today, I think everyone who was there can vouch for that, and I feel bad for the people who had car probles. IE. 944 Porsche's, Kevins Prelude only because he ran over an antenna, which happens how often:dunno:

Fuji- You best be getting another trrack day for October man, because today was nutz, minus the oil & radiator fluid spills on the course, but hey poop happens

Oh and for those who haven't driven with Justin/Fuji you should, the guy makes me want to urinate he's soo good...
I'm just thnkin now "Heel,Toe" "Heel,Toe" oh crap shift, shift

CRXguy
09-02-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Cwave
Great day, and great weather to boot. Unfortunately so many red flags with problem spots. Lots of spinouts today!

No doubt, I still had lots of fun though.

If there's one final track day in October, I'd be game!!:thumbsup:

rage2
09-02-2002, 09:40 PM
Definately a wicked track day today! Other than the abnormal amounts of blown hoses, it was a beautiful day. Thanks to everyone that helped clean up the coolant on the track. Great workout! =)

max_boost
09-02-2002, 09:43 PM
Hmmm....I still need to make it out to one of these track days

Glad to hear you guys had a blast!

rage2
09-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by importadrenelin
The Track day was sooooo much fun today, I think everyone who was there can vouch for that, and I feel bad for the people who had car probles. IE. 944 Porsche's, Kevins Prelude only because he ran over an antenna, which happens how often:dunno:

ScCab lost an antenna, Kevin found it... with his left rear tire! :D

My 944 had a lot of small problems today, but still managed 2 tanks of gas. First the power steering pump was loose (the car's a bitch to drive without power steering, thank god Marc fixed it quick), and then the wastegate decided to fall off the exhaust system. Luckily, nothing major.

[GaGe]
09-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Again, Thanks Justin for setting up the meet. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by importadrenelin

I counted 4 red flags, and 8 problems not including spinouts.. :thumbsdow

4wheeldrift
09-02-2002, 10:23 PM
A good track day, even if by the number of mechanicals and other problems it ended up looking more like a road race :D R compounds still holding up so far too :nut:

Alpine Autowerks
09-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Definately a wicked track day today! Other than the abnormal amounts of blown hoses, it was a beautiful day. Thanks to everyone that helped clean up the coolant on the track. Great workout! =)

Damn I don't fix that much stuff when I'm at work

rage2
09-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
Damn I don't fix that much stuff when I'm at work

That's because you don't abuse cars hard enough on test drives :D

kenny
09-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Lucky nothing too serious, only thing hurt was pride as some cars returned with their wheel wells full of dirt and grass. I think the only car damage occured on the first coolant spill when the red 944 created a huge slick that caused speedracer to lose control and slide into the grass and up the hill--and luckily that wasn't too much, just a broken air dam?

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did, I'm exhausted and I think its time for some sleep! :thumbsup:

DSM Power
09-02-2002, 11:19 PM
I had a great time as well, and hell, I didn't even drive! :D

Thanks to Chris (Talon) and Kenny (AMG power!) for letting me ride along and learn a thing or two about the beauty of suspension mods!!

I took a bunch of pics and will have them posted in the Photos section shortly. :thumbsup:

speedracer
09-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by kenny
... just a broken air dam?

By the time I saw the black spots I was already straightening out of the apex (good thing the red 944 didn't drive on the correct line or I would have gone the opposite direction at a much greater speed). There really wasn't much I could do. So in these situation the best thing to do is - BRAKE + CLUTCH.
My left front tire already touched the coolant (of which I thought was oil) along with the rear tire so there is no real recovery that anyone could of done. Just the luck of the draw.

The good out of it was that I was on my cool down lap so I was only going 80 kmh. As well, the grass was still very soft from the rain. Would have been much worst and less fun otherwise.

Disappointing that it happened but that's the name of the game.

Damage:
New Air dam is bent :(
Newly repainted Bumper is slightly scratched and flexed
Could have been a lot worst

Before:
http://speedracer.ca/gallery/090202_beyond/images/DSCF0001.JPG

After:
http://speedracer.ca/gallery/090202_beyond/images/DSCF0006.JPG

speedracer
09-02-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by rage2

ScCab lost an antenna, Kevin found it... with his left rear tire! :D

Would this be it? :rofl:
http://www.speedracer.ca/html/modules/gallery/albums/album25/DSCF0018.jpg

shadowz
09-03-2002, 12:02 AM
wicked day, lots of people out great event

nookmumracing
09-03-2002, 10:04 AM
Fun in the sun, next time someone set up a Pho stand on the side. Phil says thanks alot for giving him the chance to run his car. He appologizes for the antifreeze on the track and the inconvenience it caused. After Mark fixed that one hose another one went later on that day. He's going to get all his Rad hoses changed now.

Peace

coldrsx
09-03-2002, 12:31 PM
sorry i didnt make it out this time.... but i will try to make it to future events....love turns 4-6

Ben
09-03-2002, 12:35 PM
That floors me seening how BuhBuh ran over ScCabs antenna...what are the odds...better go buy a lotto ticket...

speedracer
09-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by nookmumracing
He's going to get all his Rad hoses changed now.

Good to know :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
09-03-2002, 09:42 PM
One comment that I thought of the day of event, seems quite relevant now, maybe for the next one. I think it would be a really good idea to get all the rookies to ride with the advanced group, like we did at the first event (I know the ratio of rookies to advanced was quite high this time, but we could work something out). There seemed to be a lot of ... not totally clueless people but people quite unfamiliar with the track layout being left to their own devices with no instruction. It might have helped avoid some of the numerous red flags we ended up having, for various reasons.

RGAGT
09-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Damn Forgot about the Track Day Wanted to come and watch maybe Next time :dunno:

girlRACER
09-04-2002, 12:09 AM
I had so much fun! It's definitely so much funner driving than sitting on the stands all day just watching like I did the last 2 trackdays!!

When I was leaving the track I made sure to drive super slowly to look for the body of the hawk....it was not there so I'm assuming it slid across my hood, hit my windshield (although at 140km/h) and managed to fly away and survive. Now I can feel all better about myself. And no there won't be a "hawk-pot" Cwave!! Nonetheless I went home and prayed for it!!! ahh!

buh_buh
09-04-2002, 12:20 AM
i think the chances of it surviving after getting at at 140kph is pretty low.:rofl:

speedracer
09-04-2002, 12:34 AM
Well, 2 years ago a lady racing her Porsche on the track (we need a stronger showing in this area - lady racers that is) Going at 180kmh and lets say:

Windshield 1 Hawk 0

The driver was only shaken.

Ben
09-04-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I had so much fun! It's definitely so much funner driving than sitting on the stands all day just watching like I did the last 2 trackdays!!

When I was leaving the track I made sure to drive super slowly to look for the body of the hawk....it was not there so I'm assuming it slid across my hood, hit my windshield (although at 140km/h) and managed to fly away and survive. Now I can feel all better about myself. And no there won't be a "hawk-pot" Cwave!! Nonetheless I went home and prayed for it!!! ahh!

Of course it wasn't there, it disintegrated when you shifted from Warp Drive to Ludicrous speed...it was only bone dust left on your windshield. At least he didn't feel it...prolly didn't even see it coming...

Speaking of birds...

"Its Peedy...

His Head Fell off..

Yeah, he was pretty old..."

Superesc
09-04-2002, 08:23 AM
No body, No evidence!

OMOYYC
09-04-2002, 09:12 AM
You know you'll probably be bugged about this incident forever :D

Originally posted by girlRACER

4wheeldrift
09-05-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Cwave
You know you'll probably be bugged about this incident forever :D

No, more likely to bugged about sweeping, although this is good material too :D