PDA

View Full Version : Vagabond's Fat Ass Challenge (180 days)!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Hakkola
07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Do you have a job right now dude? If not I may have one for you that will make you lose weight in a hurry.

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh, before I forget. My fitness test and measurements in my excel file :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/goztqfkmkzm/fitness1.xls

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Do you have a job right now dude? If not I may have one for you that will make you lose weight in a hurry.

I am currently jobless, please pm ^_^

max_boost
07-12-2010, 05:24 PM

Oh like the Master Cleanse? :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse

OG Bart does this every year. Good for 20-30lbs in 10 days. What more do you want if shedding weight was the goal? haha

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I think he meant employment, not crash diet XD

max_boost
07-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I know, it was a joke. lol :rofl: :D

I'm just giving you an easier 10 day option to lose weight rather than the torture you are about to attempt to finish (which you won't). :devil:

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I know, it was a joke. lol :rofl: :D

I'm just giving you an easier 10 day option to lose weight rather than the torture you are about to attempt to finish (which you won't). :devil:

Your method is dangerously low in calories and doesn't give you the endorphin rush of a well done workout. Honestly, about 15 minutes after I did the video, and was solidly soaking in some hot water, I just felt a huge surge of energy and adrenaline and even had a little shiver go up my spine. Once I was out of the bath and dried off, I felt awesome. Awesomely sore too, but awesome.

You can't get that drinking squeezed lemons, maple syrup and some other shit. Proper food, proper tortu- i mean exercise, and proper willpower = a new vagabond.

179 days of torture to lose the flab? I can live with that. I am living with that. :D

max_boost
07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm just giving you a 10 day torture alternative lol to achieve the same minus 30lb results. LOL :thumbsup:

OK I'm gonna get the eff out of your thread, until day 2. :devil:

Clever
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Good job, what did you end up using for chin/pull ups?

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Clever
Good job, what did you end up using for chin/pull ups?

I used my 20 lbs resistance strap using a home made door top attachment. Next week will be done using my chinup station I built ^_^, but this week, for the sake of easing into it, I used the straps so I could actually get some reps :D

Clever
07-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Ahh gotcha, I was going to say you are fitter than you think if you could pull those number with chin/ pull ups, keep at it man, plyo is fun, well for me anyway.

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I was actually as far away from the door as I could get and riiiiight when my hands got to my chest was about as much tension as I felt was safe, got a good isometric burn going too (I pulled, held for half a second, controlled out, half second, pulled, half second, etc)

bigbadboss101
07-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey you want to go to Zumba at Cardel Gym Tuesday? 8pm. A gal friend of mine goes and she says it's a blast. I'll even pay for your gym admission!

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Wtf is Zumba o_O?

Clever
07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
My friend in Cali is an instructor, it's pretty popular over there, she says it's a lot of fun, look it up, might be a good way to get started on your other "goals":devil:

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
My friend in Cali is an instructor, it's pretty popular over there, she says it's a lot of fun, look it up, might be a good way to get started on your other "goals":devil:

I read this as "lots of girls will be in attendance," so hey, may actually be worth checking out :P

I'll see if I'm still alive by Wednesday night... shoulders and arms workout is going to be BRUTAL because I'll be using the 20 lbs straps vs the 10 lbs free, and the tension you get at the max stretch on those bands is insane. But hey, brutal is good. Burn is good. Flab loss is good. :D

Clever
07-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

I read this as "lots of girls will be in attendance," so hey, may actually be worth checking out :P

I don't know about that, but you never know right, haha. DO IT!

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM

I don't know about that, but you never know right, haha. DO IT!

Tbh, between the P90X and the floor hockey AND soccer games i plan to start attending this week AND biking I do all around, I think I have enough of a cardio burn as it is :D

cdnsir
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
4 Dive bombers? That's pretty impressive! Those are freaking hard to do. Oh yea, better have a second shirt ready for the workout tmrw, cuz plyo is gonna get you soaked!

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by cdnsir
4 Dive bombers? That's pretty impressive! Those are freaking hard to do. Oh yea, better have a second shirt ready for the workout tmrw, cuz plyo is gonna get you soaked!

I know that my dive bombers were nowhere NEAR pretty :| Going forward I didn't find all that hard, but by the second one in the first round, going back was getting painful. Granted, I am not grazing the ground like they do in the vid, and I took a 20 second break between each one XD

Those and the declines had to be the most brutal pushups in the program :eek:

gqmw
07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I youtubed a video on zumba...it actually looks like fun.

How much did it cost for you to build your chin up station? Pictures? / how hard was it

Vagabond142
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
I youtubed a video on zumba...it actually looks like fun.

How much did it cost for you to build your chin up station? Pictures? / how hard was it

No pictures yet as the glue is still drying (wood glue + lag bolts = super stable), but altogether cost about $40, but we used a bit of piping that my dad had laying around from the water heater install a couple years back. As to difficulty? probably the hardest thing was squaring up all the initial angles so that the rest would come into square as it was bolted and glued together.

I kinda borked a couple of hole placements, but I never claimed to be a carpenter. Hell, this is the first thing I've actually BUILT from raw materials in nearly 6 years :O

As to cost, about $50 after tax. So pretty much the same as one of those doorway bars... just wish I had a suitable doorway, which I don't :( Most of the cost, surprisingly, came from the bolts, washers and glue. The wood itself was only $1.77 per 8 foot length, bought 7 lengths and used 5 :D

gqmw
07-12-2010, 11:15 PM

No pictures yet as the glue is still drying (wood glue + lag bolts = super stable), but altogether cost about $40, but we used a bit of piping that my dad had laying around from the water heater install a couple years back. As to difficulty? probably the hardest thing was squaring up all the initial angles so that the rest would come into square as it was bolted and glued together.

I kinda borked a couple of hole placements, but I never claimed to be a carpenter. Hell, this is the first thing I've actually BUILT from raw materials in nearly 6 years :O

As to cost, about $50 after tax. So pretty much the same as one of those doorway bars... just wish I had a suitable doorway, which I don't :( Most of the cost, surprisingly, came from the bolts, washers and glue. The wood itself was only $1.77 per 8 foot length, bought 7 lengths and used 5 :D

How long did it end up taking? I can't wait to see some pictures.

I don't have many areas where my doors aren't beside some sort or corner or edge or doors are too wide/big where a pull up bar would be comfortably put. As well...I tried putting the pull up bar on one of the doors that were suitable and it's just not comfortable to have to take it off and put it back on because it's in a very open place and people walking by and could hit bump into it. I think I might have to do something similar to what you did. Cost wise that's seems very reasonable.

I saw some of your old threads, did you ever finish bmq and all that?

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by gqmw

I saw some of your old threads, did you ever finish bmq and all that?

I was medically unfit for duty, honorably (ie it was a physical problem, namely kidney stones). It's been 3 years since I had the stones, so I just need two more years with no stones and I can reapply. So I got as far as the medical review stage (two steps before being shipped off to BMQ) before my CF dream was temporarily derailed :P

lint
07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Your method is dangerously low in calories and doesn't give you the endorphin rush of a well done workout.

WTF do you know about calories?

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by lint

WTF do you know about calories?

A calorie is a unit of measured energy required to heat one gram of water by one degree celcius. Calories in food and the body are measured by the amount of energy they produce in joules, where one calorie is approximately equal to 4.2 joules.

Caloric energy is the fuel that drives the human body. In a normal state, the average human will use about 1.8k-2.2k calories per day (based on the average height and weight of 5'10" and 160-180 lbs). An active person will need slightly more due to higher energy needs. However, there is a way to use up caloric energy stored in the body (fats) by running a caloric deficit, that being taking in less calories than normal and remaining active. However, it is important to balance that caloric intake with proper nutritional needs (proteins, carbs and fats) so that the body doesn't begin eating itself for energy (ie you want it to munch on fats but leave muscles to grow and repair)

For example, with the liquid diet that Max Boost jokingly suggested earlier, you take in only about 1000-1200 calories from food intake, which leads the body to burn more fats than normal to provide fuel for the body. However, the thing with that liquid diet is that as soon as you resume normal eating, the body immediately begins storing caloric energy in fats again, hence readding the weight to the body.

By working out over a gradual time period (90 days) with a proper balance of proteins, carbs, and fats, all providing caloric energy via the food/drink they are in, the body burns the right fats in the right way, leading to proper flab loss (not necessarily weight loss as muscles do weigh something, and some will be gained during a regimented, complete workout routine).

And that's wtf I know about calories.

lint
07-13-2010, 10:33 AM
A calorie is a unit of measured energy required to heat one gram of water by one degree celcius. Calories in food and the body are measured by the amount of energy they produce in joules, where one calorie is approximately equal to 4.2 joules.

Caloric energy is the fuel that drives the human body. In a normal state, the average human will use about 1.8k-2.2k calories per day (based on the average height and weight of 5'10" and 160-180 lbs). An active person will need slightly more due to higher energy needs. However, there is a way to use up caloric energy stored in the body (fats) by running a caloric deficit, that being taking in less calories than normal and remaining active. However, it is important to balance that caloric intake with proper nutritional needs (proteins, carbs and fats) so that the body doesn't begin eating itself for energy (ie you want it to munch on fats but leave muscles to grow and repair)

For example, with the liquid diet that Max Boost jokingly suggested earlier, you take in only about 1000-1200 calories from food intake, which leads the body to burn more fats than normal to provide fuel for the body. However, the thing with that liquid diet is that as soon as you resume normal eating, the body immediately begins storing caloric energy in fats again, hence readding the weight to the body.

By working out over a gradual time period (90 days) with a proper balance of proteins, carbs, and fats, all providing caloric energy via the food/drink they are in, the body burns the right fats in the right way, leading to proper flab loss (not necessarily weight loss as muscles do weigh something, and some will be gained during a regimented, complete workout routine).

And that's wtf I know about calories.

So in theory you're a genius.

In practice...

Now I'm at the point that no matter what I do, how hard or not I push, my body isn't shedding flab. My arms and my legs are much more toned, but despite focusing on torso and chest exercise in the past couple of months, I'm just not losing the flab.

Right now I'm almost entirely cardio (5-6 days of biking, including hills, long distance, etc) and I'm doing 6 meals a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, recovery snack) as well as at least 3 liters of water per day.

I am trying to run a calorie deficit, and I used to be where i was consuming 3000 calories a day before and now am doing about 2250

but I honestly think my body is used to 2250-2500 now, and I may have to drop into the 1000's... my body needs, as calculated and averaged over about 100 of those calorie calculators, about 850 calories for life sustaining nutrition.

I am currently 183 centimeters tall on the dot, I weigh 219.7 in just my tighty whiteys, and I have a comfortable fit with size 38 waist khakis, but I do have a semi-beer gut (not a vicious one, but at least an inch and a half of fat over the six pack I keep warm under there)

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
In practice, I wasn't balancing my diet correctly nor was I paying super close attention to the balance of proteins in my diet. Nor was I regimenting my workouts/cardio, pretty much doing it "as I felt like it."

Now that I've upped my proteins and balanced the carbs, I've already lost some flab. Not MUCH, but some. Now, with the workouts included, I'm expecting it to come off at about a centimeter a week at the waistline, if not a little faster or slower.

I just don't get why it's so important to you. It's not like I kicked a dog or squashed a grasshopper or anything, I'm just a fat geek working towards fitness. :dunno: Maybe you're upset that I decided to keep myself honest by implementing transparency? o_O

max_boost
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
VB142, don't make it so scientific man.

Like the Nike quote "Just do it"

You'll figure out very soon.

In general, high protein, low carbs, cut out the junk, any kind of weight lifting/exercise will help you drop weight and increase strength. It's very simple actually and P90X is just another way to present the information. Too bad no one I know has finished it. Even the ones who were fit just eventually said "fuck it", let alone you.

OK that's my motivation for the day. Have a good one.

P.S. Have you done day 2 workouts yet? LOL

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 02:08 PM

P.S. Have you done day 2 workouts yet? LOL

Not yet. My workout time is 1500 hours, and if I get a job, interview, or need to do anything during the daytime, that automatically shifts to 1900 hours.

Regimented, scheduled workouts = fit Vaga :D

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Day 2: COMPLETED

No pausing, and did the sports bonus round at the end of the video (pitching, basketball jumps, etc)

WHOOOOOO does that one bring up a nice sweat. I was dripping EVERYWHERE by about 15 minutes in, had to mop my floor with my spare towel (circle run one rolled up) between exercises quickly so I didn't slip.

And man, did I smell GOOD afterwards XD (in all factuality, I probably smelled like the bottom of an unwashed gym bag, but hey, it felt good)

It actually kinda hurt doing the jumps at the start during the warmup, because my pecs are still sore from yesterday's chest and back routine.

Oh, and to those that still doubt me, does this look like the kinda sweat a quitter gets?

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/Vagabond142/IMG_0814.jpg

Didn't think so :thumbsup:

ZOMG A VIDEO TOO! (nice body sheen of sweat going :D, and no I didn't piss my pants... that was all the sweat that flowed down off my body to my shorts)

5OBf3vFlOFs

max_boost
07-13-2010, 05:09 PM

Oh, and to those that still doubt me, does this look like the kinda sweat a quitter gets?

It's only day two son.

forkdork
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM

It's only day two son.

looool

strong 2 day progress OP. Even stronger shit talking coming from someone who has exercised for a whole 2 days.

This thread delivers lulz.

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by forkdork

looool

strong 2 day progress OP. Even stronger shit talking coming from someone who has exercised for a whole 2 days.

This thread delivers lulz.

There were some people that PM'd me betting that I wouldn't even get past the first workout.

Besides, what do you care? When I reach day 90 and post that video and picture, you'll just shrug, realize you were wrong and skip off to find the next person to troll.

I still don't get why everyone is so up in arms about me working out. I've got a program, I have a workout space, and I'm staying honest via transparency. If it bugs ya that much... um... stop following? :D

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
FROM THIS POST FORWARD

Anyone that blatantly trolls, will be ignored. (Lint and ForkDork, for example)

Anyone that pokes at me to motivate me, won't be ignored, but may not get the nicest of replies :P (Max_Boost for example, although sometimes he toes the line)

Enough with the trolling. This is a serious, determined effort to get fit, and I do not want to, and do not HAVE to, put up with your shit. It's not worth my effort anymore. I've proven to myself that I can keep doing this every day. I've proven to myself that I can stick to a strictly portioned, regimented diet every day. I've proven to myself that I can sweat like Angel Falls and still find it within myself to get that last rep, that final squat, the last inch of a stretch. And that's all that really counts.

So if you come here anymore to pick a fight, you won't find one. I'm doing this for me. NOT for you. So trolls: Fuck you. Everyone else, I welcome your motivational messages and support :)

lint
07-13-2010, 06:41 PM
you post whore about your 5th fitness challenge in 5 years, never successful at any, 10 pages of updates before you start the program and now you're crying because not everyone is hanging off your balls and congratulating you because THIS time it's different? THIS time you've changed? THIS time you're new and improved and before you were old and inferior? THIS time you're going to start a thread about your journey so that you're held accountable by beyond? Oh shit! You're right, THIS time is different! Whoooooooooo! Big props for 2 days of workouts and 7 days of talking about it! Your knowledge is untouchable, how could I EVER have doubted you? Past performance doesn't guarantee future returns! Hoooooooraaaaaaaaaah!

:rolleyes:

max_boost
07-13-2010, 08:02 PM
The internet is serious bizness bro!

Hey, haters gonna hate. You post it up for the world to see, ya gotta take the good with the bad son. Critics are here to motivate you, so don't take it so personal man haha

I would have had quietly attempted the challenge, realize ahh fuck how hard it was and then post it up so people can say, props to you for trying. Just saying.

Vagabond142
07-13-2010, 08:58 PM
The internet is serious bizness bro!

Hey, haters gonna hate. You post it up for the world to see, ya gotta take the good with the bad son. Critics are here to motivate you, so don't take it so personal man haha

I would have had quietly attempted the challenge, realize ahh fuck how hard it was and then post it up so people can say, props to you for trying. Just saying.

That's EXACTLY the reason I posted I was doing it. I knew I wanted to do it, but I knew that if I didn't get it out there and public, then I would have found an excuse to quietly slip off the radar. I realize that there are critics, and I welcome them. You're one of them. But there is a distinction between a critic and a blatant troll.

Sure, it's hard. But isn't that true for any life changing choice? If everything was easy I think we'd all be millionaires driving Bugatti Veyrons, and look like Bruce Lee or Arnie or something.

In other news, after making sure all the joints were solid and giving the glue well enough time to dry, I now have the chinup station in my workout space :D

Here's a pic ^_^

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/Vagabond142/IMG_0815.jpg

forkdork
07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
OP is slightly aggravated.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o264/grizzlyboycroc/28wkl15.gif

Stephen81
07-13-2010, 10:59 PM
^ that gif always gets me :rofl:

OP, are you planning on adding any padding to where you'll be gripping that pull-up bar? I ask because the bar looks quite narrow and I've found that the thicker the bar/shaft, etc (no homo) the more comfortable your grip is and it also seems to activates more muscles in your forearm. I can't use the dumbells at my gym for that reason (I also have really big hands/long fingers).

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 08:04 AM
I dunno what I'd cover it with. I'll be using it bare today, and if it feels like it needs padding, I might get some old rags to wrap the handle and go pick up some cloth tape to cover em so I can still grip it with sweaty paws :D

core_upt
07-14-2010, 08:13 AM
FROM THIS POST FORWARD

Anyone that blatantly trolls, will be ignored. (Lint and ForkDork, for example)

Hey Vaga - best of luck, truly, and not in the 'you'll need it' sort of way, you really do seem motivated, which is awesome! :thumbsup:

The realists, ie Max and lint, are here for a reason too. Lint, from all of his posts I've read, is one of the more accomplished lifters here, so don't be too quick to write off his input as trolling.

But at the end of the day, any progress and gains (losses) are YOURS - you earn them, so good for you.

I'll keep watching for your updates (though not hourly - that seems excessive!)

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 09:43 AM
I am sore as hell this morning, my hip flexors are screaming at me and I think my left calf might be organizing a mutiny (cross shaped one foot hops during plyo = ow :P). Ah well, I'll probably do an x-stretch session at noon, then shoulders and arms at 1500. Will be the first workout use of my pullup station :D

max_boost
07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Day 3:

lint is far from a troll and probably one of the more knowledgeable guys on this subject. Anyway....

VB142:

So how many pull ups or chin ups do you have to do on this program? How many can you even do right now?

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 12:04 PM
During the fit test I was able to do three quarters of a pullup without using assistance. Right now, I can probably do 3-4 if I use the chair method. My hope is to be able to do 5 or so on day 90 without assistance, and 10+ on day 180

Since everyone seems to be talking about lint: I have no problem with lint, personally. I'm sure he's a great guy. It's just that his posts in this thread are attacks. He, as well as ForkDork, seem to go out of their way to attack me, hence why both are currently on the blacklist.

However, I do want advice and opinions. I even pm'd Lint extending the olive branch saying "hey, let's stop this back and forth, it's not going to do anything productive." If he posts things WITHOUT personal attacks interspersed within, then I will very happily listen to what he has to say. That's the ONLY thing that has him on my ignore list, the fact that he is trolling with personal attacks vs posting useful things in a neutral tone (I never said he has to post with bunnies and rainbows, just keep any attacks out and I'll listen).

lint
07-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Day 3:

lint is far from a troll and probably one of the more knowledgeable guys on this subject. Anyway....

Stop with the lies. It's obvious I know nothing.

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 02:24 PM

Stop with the lies. It's obvious I know nothing.

Then why did I pm you asking for your advice and suggestions? Or did you even bother to read that PM? Start being productive in your suggestions (ie word them so that they are suggestions, not flagrant attacks on my character), and things will smooth over IMMENSELY.

Surprising as it may seem, I DO read advice and suggestions, and I even implement the good ones (a couple diet tweaks from people that have done P90X before have already been implemented, as well as a way to do bicep isolation curls slightly different than in the videos that is much better at isolating the biceps, so far). All I ask is that you be nice. Don't attack, and you won't be attacked. Keep attacking, and you'll be ignored. The choice is yours.

I hope you choose to help out, tbh. But it's up to you.

/olivebranch

A790
07-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Then why did I pm you asking for your advice and suggestions? Or did you even bother to read that PM? Start being productive in your suggestions (ie word them so that they are suggestions, not flagrant attacks on my character), and things will smooth over IMMENSELY.

Surprising as it may seem, I DO read advice and suggestions, and I even implement the good ones (a couple diet tweaks from people that have done P90X before have already been implemented, as well as a way to do bicep isolation curls slightly different than in the videos that is much better at isolating the biceps, so far). All I ask is that you be nice. Don't attack, and you won't be attacked. Keep attacking, and you'll be ignored. The choice is yours.

I hope you choose to help out, tbh. But it's up to you.

/olivebranch
Simon, quit being a drama queen guy.

Look at my weight loss threads. Lint was a huge source of information for me and helped me lose a ton of weight (45lbs in 5 months, or something to that effect). Unfortunately, as much as I think you're a good guy, I have to agree with lint on this one: you've done a lot of posting, but we haven't seen much action yet.

Look at your diet. A calorie isn't just a calorie. Different types of food will affect your body if different ways. Carbohydrates cause your body to produce insulin, which slows your metabolism. Protein increases the exothermic effect. Etc. etc. etc. This is what lint meant by "WTF do you know about calories".

Anyway, I'm not attacking you here. I'm making a point. Ultimately, this thread is about you and your weight loss. Don't make it about other people, and don't make it a production either. Do you thing, make results happen. People will appreciate the results of your efforts, not of your speculation.

lint
07-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I already explained to you, I'm following this thread for the sheer entertainment value. I gain nothing by helping you out. I don't need an internet buddy. I'm not seeking out, nor do I need beyond's approval. The way you carried on in this thread before you even started annoyed the absolute fuck out of me. I wouldn't associate with you in real life or in WOW for that matter.

jsn
07-14-2010, 02:54 PM

I still don't get why everyone is so up in arms about me working out. I've got a program, I have a workout space, and I'm staying honest via transparency.

People aren't up in arms about you working out and wanting to get fit. It's the fact that you had about 10 pages of goals, plans , expectations and what you'll be doing in 180 days after you completed 2 cycles, even before you started your routine. 13 pages now and you're only on day 2. You'd probably have alot more believers if instead of posting pictures everytime you get a little bit sweaty, you post bi-weekly or monthly updates showing progress. Or even if you planed for one cycle and go from there. Planning for 2 cycles of p90x and assuming completion is a pretty bold statement. This is the main reason why Lint and the others are "up in arms". At this point, it seems more like you're seeking attention rather than being honest via transparency.

But all the power to you if you actually complete the 2 cycles. I know I probably couldn't do it.

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
I already explained to you, I'm following this thread for the sheer entertainment value. I gain nothing by helping you out. I don't need an internet buddy. I'm not seeking out, nor do I need beyond's approval. The way you carried on in this thread before you even started annoyed the absolute fuck out of me. I wouldn't associate with you in real life or in WOW for that matter.

I had already sent a pm by the time I saw this.

I did not realize that I was "carrying on," I thought I was replying to posts and discussing things, as well as doing the video/blog updates. I apologize to anyone that feels slighted or annoyed or upset by my posting.

I am not a bad person. Many that know me know that I can write a LOT once I get started in on something that excites me or I'm really interested in. Maybe my enthusiasm for starting this program came across as being a blatant ass. I apologize for that. I'm just really excited to finally be doing something instead of failing after the first day. That's all.

I'm not asking you to be my internet buddy, and I'm probably cancelling my WoW account so that's null and void there. All I request is access to your knowledge.

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by jsn

People aren't up in arms about you working out and wanting to get fit. It's the fact that you had about 10 pages of goals, plans , expectations and what you'll be doing in 180 days after you completed 2 cycles, even before you started your routine. 13 pages now and you're only on day 2. You'd probably have alot more believers if instead of posting pictures everytime you get a little bit sweaty, you post bi-weekly or monthly updates showing progress. Or even if you planed for one cycle and go from there. Planning for 2 cycles of p90x and assuming completion is a pretty bold statement. This is the main reason why Lint and the others are "up in arms". At this point, it seems more like you're seeking attention rather than being honest via transparency.

But all the power to you if you actually complete the 2 cycles. I know I probably couldn't do it.

I see how that can be construed as being an attention whore. I did promise to update frequently, however, if it is such an issue, I can cut back on the updating.

Let's find a middle ground that everyone can agree on. I do want to keep beyond updated, because people are following this thread, and some have even genuine interest in helping me get healthy.

If I were to update every friday instead of daily, do you think that would smooth over ruffled feathers? Of course my youtube and blog would be updated more often, but I could make a single large post each friday instead of daily ones.

Anyways, it's time for my workout, so I'll be back in an hour or so.

EDIT: And everyone is right. And everyone is wrong. We'll never all see eye to eye. But, as stated, I'm doing this for me, and I was just posting here to keep myself honest. If that was such a sin, then perhaps I shall simply remain in the shadows, and those that want to follow can do so on my blog and through youtube.

max_boost
07-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Dude I don't know man.....

Completing P90X or quitting WOW.

Hmmm.....which one is more likely......:dunno: :rofl:

max_boost
07-14-2010, 03:08 PM

And I'm the Beyond Bully? WOW :devil:......LOL

forkdork
07-14-2010, 03:11 PM

Official Day 1 "BEFORE" photos:

Front relaxed:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/Images/diag-vagina.gif

Front flexed:

Side profile relaxed (aka el tubbo del lardo shot):

Back relaxed:

Back flexed:

Front "ab twist":

You have a good base to start with.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

lint
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
And I'm the Beyond Bully? WOW :devil:......LOL

I'm not a bully. I'm just an asshole

403Gemini
07-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Vaga, it's one thing to want support and have people help out, it's another to broadcast and hope everybody hops onto the "help me! be happy for me!" bus on a public forum.

I did the same, i reached out and got a lot of peoples attention for the constant support so I didn't feel like i let anybody down - but I did it with about 30 friends i choose on facebook and they were all supportive... you're getting the input from strangers here and not everybody will be as supportive as YOU want them to be.

Blog, video diaries, etc... :facepalm: really dude? When I did my facebook notes... I updated ONCE A MONTH, not every day ...

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
403:

Every situation is different. There are reasons behind the blog and vlog, and they have been pm'd to you.

max_boost
07-14-2010, 05:36 PM
VB142, stop PM'ing everyone. Stop posting constant updates. Update once a week is nice. If you must update everyday, do it somewhere else other than Beyond lol

Kobe
07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
VB142, stop PM'ing everyone. Stop posting constant updates. Update once a week is nice. If you must update everyday, do it somewhere else other than Beyond lol

/Agreed

I do hope you succeed your 5th time, or whichever attempt it is, but you should go on bodybuilding.com and start a thread and keep the updates here to a minimum...

If seems like you are doing it for everyone right now, but the only person you should care about is yourself.

You started working out which is the toughest part IMO now just keep at it.

Update in 2 months and get everyone in "WOWWWZ" imo..

Good Luck

Vagabond142
07-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I apologize. I'm still just really excited and enthusiastic. Well, it seems that the common vote is to do updates weekly. I will continue to do daily videos and blogs, but I will not post them here (and I will link the good ones to my weekly post).

I was just trying to do my best to be honest with myself and everyone, I didn't mean to cause any drama or piss anyone off. As I said, I'm just really energetic and enthused about finally having achievable goals, routine workouts, etc.

So, I will update on Friday, and start weekly updates on Fridays :)

(You also have to understand this is my first time recording my progress to this degree, so naturally there was a feeling-out period to find a comfort zone. You guys gave me good feedback to what was comfortable, so I'm implementing it)

cdnsir
07-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Post whenever you want man. The fitness section is usually slow anyways. If you have any questions like, how to squeeze in more pullups, or help with modifying your routine, I say go right ahead.

But on that note, vids of you in a sweaty mess is probably more on the nauseating side of the tolerance scale. I mean probably no one here really needs to see your hot sweaty crotch stains? Ehh... I think???

bigbadboss101
07-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Info on soccer. It's East of 24th and 4th at the Ecole something something school. Pretty good caliber but the good players do pass.
Lot of the gals are decent players too.

Drop In Coed Soccer
-every Sunday 1 PM to 3:45 PM
-April to October
-400, 24th Ave NW
-Rain or Shine

Vagabond142
07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
blarf!

Wow, talk about a hard three days. So now not only am I doing P90X, I'm also doing the job that Hakkola referred me to o_O And holy crap does that job kick one's ass. But hey, pays well :dunno:

Due to the fact that the job took so much out of me for the past three days that I haven't put my entire effort into the workouts, I am RESTARTING week 1 (I've done all the workouts, just finished Kempo X, doing X stretch tomorrow). This will give me a better opportunity to balance my work vs my workouts. And ask Hakkola if you don't believe me, in three days I've already lost 2 lbs (I'm 214 now, was 216.0 on Wednesday) just from the job XD It's a bitch, but as I said, it pays extremely well for the work done.

Anyways, workouts are feeling awesome and I'm looking forward to better numbers this (restarted) week :D

Oh, and if I don't make it to soccer, it's because I'm still in the heat induced coma from the past 3 days XD

403Gemini
07-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Know whats easy? Making excuses to not do a workout :devil:

I'd spend 12-14 hr days working with contractors when I first started p90x and i was physically beat by the end of my shift but i still did it.

Also losing 2 lbs, you can lose that taking a shit. Your body weight changes about 3-8 lbs every day, and at different times throughout the day. I could weigh myself 1 night, then the next morning it would say im 4 lbs less, does that mean me sleeping = losing weight?

Unknown303
07-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Know whats easy? Making excuses to not do a workout :devil:

I'd spend 12-14 hr days working with contractors when I first started p90x and i was physically beat by the end of my shift but i still did it.

Also losing 2 lbs, you can lose that taking a shit. Your body weight changes about 3-8 lbs every day, and at different times throughout the day. I could weigh myself 1 night, then the next morning it would say im 4 lbs less, does that mean me sleeping = losing weight?

This would be why you weigh yourself at the same time each day. If your documenting it for some reason it's also worthwhile noting any large changes you made in your daily routing whether that be exercised more/less or ate more/less.

In the last few weeks I've drastically changed my eating habits and have been shedding nearly a pound every other day. While each day I also increase 2 pounds over the course of the day it still sweats out over night.

Your two pound shit scares me :rofl: :rofl:

Vagabond142
07-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Know whats easy? Making excuses to not do a workout

Umm... where does it say that I'm stopping workouts or not doing them? (peers around, under the carpet, in the corner) nope, nothing there.

I HAVE done all workouts this week. I'm just restarting. I personally don't feel I put enough effort into my workouts these past three days, hence why I'm restarting. I put in maybe 70% effort, when I should have been doing at least 85%-90%

All it means is I'm doing Week1(now)-Week1(monday)-Week2-Week3-etc et al so on. So just an extra week to phase 1 (making it Vagabond's 187 day challenge vs 180 day challenge)

And I am weighing at exactly the same time each day, 7:15 am, right before breakfast.

scboss
07-18-2010, 01:26 AM
dont put 90 put 100% why waste your time?

Hakkola
07-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Yeah, the job is tough as fuck, I wouldn't blame you if you fell behind on some of the workouts, wait until you have to move 400 pound bins. Have you done a compost dump yet?

Vagabond142
07-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by warcaster
dont put 90 put 100% why waste your time?

I was ramping up the workouts to 100% over the week. I don't normally work out so I didn't want to overextend myself this first week. Unfortunately, I was completely gassed when I got home, so I wasn't able to put in my full effort. As such, on monday, I will be going 100% every day, all day, each workout. In effect, all I'm doing is turning this first week into a second conditioning week, and making the week starting monday the start of 100% P90X workouts (to failure, no matter what the numbers are)

Vagabond142
07-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, the job is tough as fuck, I wouldn't blame you if you fell behind on some of the workouts, wait until you have to move 400 pound bins. Have you done a compost dump yet?

As in unloading compost? I've done some at the yard, but not actually dumping them anywhere.

I have done City Hall tho... god that's a nasty stop. I find that most places with the compost bins in the sun actually aren't that bad because most of the actual compost is somewhat dry. It's the ones that are kept inside that reek to high hell.

I've also done (with help, of course) a few of those monster blues, the ones that are twice the size and weight of a regular IPL. Those + full of glass bevvies = good workout just getting them on the ramp XD

Stephen81
07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd just rock out week 2 and makes your best effort to go strong. From experience, I'd love all my workouts to be 100% but it never works out that way. In my opinion, anything is better than nothing so take the good with the bad. Some days you're just not gonna feel like you can even give 75% but then just give it and move on!

scboss
07-19-2010, 01:38 AM
interesting every time i work out i lift until i cant lift no more. Sometimes on the verge of puking. With a spotter you should always be able to go 100% never mind body weight stuff which no question should be 100%. When u say you dont go 100 do you mean that you just stop even tho u got gas in the tank?

QR25DE-SER
07-19-2010, 02:59 AM
When one works out how much sleep is needed?

In one of your videos looked like your eyes were blood-shot. I hope your getting enuff sleep.
:zzz:

lint
07-19-2010, 08:27 AM
interesting every time i work out i lift until i cant lift no more. Sometimes on the verge of puking. With a spotter you should always be able to go 100% never mind body weight stuff which no question should be 100%. When u say you dont go 100 do you mean that you just stop even tho u got gas in the tank?

Lifting to 100%/failure every single workout is guaranteed to stall progress prematurely and burn out your CNS.

Vagabond142
07-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by QR25DE-SER
When one works out how much sleep is needed?

In one of your videos looked like your eyes were blood-shot. I hope your getting enuff sleep.
:zzz:

I'm getting about 6-7 hours of sleep per night, which is dead on normal for me. And as for bloodshot eyes, that's all the sweat getting in them :P

max_boost
07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
VB142: It's only going to get harder. I hope your will and determination is still there hahaha

As for the weight thing, in the morning 9am I'm 155. At evening 9pm I'm 160. So 2lbs is nothing. LOL

You can still switch programs. There are so many alternatives to get fit, "tone" and not bulk. P90X is just suicide for a gamer like you lol :rofl:

forkdork
07-19-2010, 02:17 PM
blarf!

Due to the fact that the job took so much out of me for the past three days that I haven't put my entire effort into the workouts, I am RESTARTING week 1 (I've done all the workouts, just finished Kempo X, doing X stretch tomorrow).

Round 6.

Time for a new thread?

QR25DE-SER
07-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Isn't when you sleep is when you loose weight? Correct my if I'm wrong anyone ?

scboss
07-20-2010, 05:08 AM

Lifting to 100%/failure every single workout is guaranteed to stall progress prematurely and burn out your CNS.

I know what you mean but you should always give 100% effort and always do your routine to your maximum potential. If one day you lift normal then the next day you feel lazy and lift 80% its not nearly as good as doing 100%

lint
07-20-2010, 05:39 AM

I know what you mean but you should always give 100% effort and always do your routine to your maximum potential. If one day you lift normal then the next day you feel lazy and lift 80% its not nearly as good as doing 100%

that's just bravado. everyday is different. some days you can take on the world, others you can barely get through the motions. as with diet, sometimes you need "cheat" days to keep you sane. no harm and no effect in the long run

max_boost
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I like to leave a little gas in the tank, why burn yourself out? It's all about progression. As long as you keep progressing it doesn't matter if you are putting in 60 or 80 or 100%.

I use to think missing a single meal or not eating at the right times or not getting my lifts in would destroy my gains when in reality the effect is so minimal. I'm no pro but when you see through the bs, you realize half the shit out there is just marketing to steal money from you.

Like VB142 is about to realize (I think he knows), FML, why P90X. :rofl: :facepalm:

cdnsir
07-20-2010, 12:05 PM
^^ I agree, p90x is just another workout program. I mean, if u stick with anything for 3 months straight, you're gonna be in a better shape no matter what anyways.

BTW, Sad to say, but I'm thinking The Vage quit already.

A790
07-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Here's the situation as I see it.

In life you are given two choices time and time again: do, or do not. You can choose to act, or you can choose not to. Welcome to the reality of the world we live in: most things are black and white.

This is a prime example.

Weight loss is a tough go. It's frustrating, constricting, and the diet and exercise plan will make you go crazy. You will suffer bouts of hunger, isolation from friends (whom never seem to follow the same routine as you), and the mockery of those around you when you pass up a beer because of your weight loss goals.

You will become irritated when a week goes by with no change, despite steadfast discipline and dedication to your cause. Your irritation will succumb to complete anger when two and three weeks pass without change. You will scramble for reasons, excuses, and justifications as to why it isn't easier to succeed. Finally, you will hit a point where quitting and enjoying your life seems just that much more of a good idea.

So what?

Do you know what I say? Deal with it. Stand up straight, grab hold of your balls, and deal with it. Nothing in this life comes easy, or free, or without the duley required blood, sweat, and tears. That misery, that frustration... that's a required part of the game. That is the FRUIT of your efforts; that is what you have WORKED SO HARD FOR. Relish every painful moment, every depressed thought, and every pound you haven't lost.

You will not know your success until you have met the challenges that prevent you from achieving it. What kind of person are you if you are unable to rise up, claim adversity as your inferior, and dominate at least one aspect of your life? What kind of person are you if you allow petty excuses rule how and when you act?

Waiting for tomorrow is futile- tomorrow never comes for those that do. Every day you put it off is another day that you've left behind, and guess what, that day won't be coming back.

Face the truth, because it's giving you a cold, hard grimace and staring you bleakly in the eye: nobody cares about your success about you, but everyone will judge you for your failures. They will know that, when push came to shove, you simply couldn't make yourself accomplish this one task.

At the end of the day, you have two choices: do, or do not. For your sake, I hope you choose to do something and stop justifying your perceived inadequacies, "lack of time", and excuses. Make something happen- you are only as inadequate as you allow yourself to be, you can and should always make time, and your excuses fall on deaf ears.

In short, buck up and fucking man up. Make it happen.

s_havinga
07-20-2010, 02:07 PM
^ well wriiten, there will ALWAYS be excuses for failure

Vagabond142
07-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I have not quit. And my testicles are firmly in my hand, so I haven't become a eunuch. I just finished plyometrics and am gonna go have a shower :)

I'm finding that my comfort zone for burn-vs-burnout is if I push just hard enough that I start to lose form (they even say on the videos, quality over quantity), and call that my failure point. The only time I push beyond that is when they say "everyone does 32" or "everyone does 16"

I'm already feeling the effects too :thumbsup: And now that the soreness is mininal to nonexistant the next day, I feel all the better.

I have noticed that my pushups have gone down this week vs last. Then again, last week, I wasn't hauling containers filled with 200 lbs of recyling nor constantly lifting, throwing, carrying, etc for 8 hours of the day.

max_boost
07-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Then again, last week, I wasn't hauling containers filled with 200 lbs of recyling nor constantly lifting, throwing, carrying, etc for 8 hours of the day.

How is this possible when you are using 10lb db and 4L jugs of milk is heavy?

Screw P90X, you'll get stronger doing the recycling gig and just cut your meals in half and you'll get more "toned" :thumbsup:

Vagabond142
07-20-2010, 08:54 PM

How is this possible when you are using 10lb db and 4L jugs of milk is heavy?

Screw P90X, you'll get stronger doing the recycling gig and just cut your meals in half and you'll get more "toned" :thumbsup:

Because the containers have wheels :thumbsup:

But yeah, it's sort of been a rapid transition between everything, I'm now almost exclusively using the 20 lbs strap. However, the 10 lbs are still very handy for straight arm fly's, fly n pours, etc.

Disoblige
07-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Vagabond, keep it up man!

Don't. Give. Up.

:thumbsup:

msommers
07-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Jesus Cam, I feel motivated to do something epic with my life now! Pep talks like that are sweet sometimes, not even for fitness motivation but just life in general :)

scboss
07-21-2010, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by A790
Here's the situation as I see it.

In life you are given two choices time and time again: do, or do not. You can choose to act, or you can choose not to. Welcome to the reality of the world we live in: most things are black and white.

This is a prime example.

Weight loss is a tough go. It's frustrating, constricting, and the diet and exercise plan will make you go crazy. You will suffer bouts of hunger, isolation from friends (whom never seem to follow the same routine as you), and the mockery of those around you when you pass up a beer because of your weight loss goals.

You will become irritated when a week goes by with no change, despite steadfast discipline and dedication to your cause. Your irritation will succumb to complete anger when two and three weeks pass without change. You will scramble for reasons, excuses, and justifications as to why it isn't easier to succeed. Finally, you will hit a point where quitting and enjoying your life seems just that much more of a good idea.

So what?

Do you know what I say? Deal with it. Stand up straight, grab hold of your balls, and deal with it. Nothing in this life comes easy, or free, or without the duley required blood, sweat, and tears. That misery, that frustration... that's a required part of the game. That is the FRUIT of your efforts; that is what you have WORKED SO HARD FOR. Relish every painful moment, every depressed thought, and every pound you haven't lost.

You will not know your success until you have met the challenges that prevent you from achieving it. What kind of person are you if you are unable to rise up, claim adversity as your inferior, and dominate at least one aspect of your life? What kind of person are you if you allow petty excuses rule how and when you act?

Waiting for tomorrow is futile- tomorrow never comes for those that do. Every day you put it off is another day that you've left behind, and guess what, that day won't be coming back.

Face the truth, because it's giving you a cold, hard grimace and staring you bleakly in the eye: nobody cares about your success about you, but everyone will judge you for your failures. They will know that, when push came to shove, you simply couldn't make yourself accomplish this one task.

At the end of the day, you have two choices: do, or do not. For your sake, I hope you choose to do something and stop justifying your perceived inadequacies, "lack of time", and excuses. Make something happen- you are only as inadequate as you allow yourself to be, you can and should always make time, and your excuses fall on deaf ears.

In short, buck up and fucking man up. Make it happen.

Shit man inspiring. As to the regards as to not go 100% to each there own. Im not saying to go to where you can even lift the bar or something But you should always be doing the same as last week if not more. If you have cheat days you are not gaining as fast as if you didn't plain and simple. I keep track of every workout and it works for me. Sometimes You should take a week off to completely rest your body but only once your program is done.

Oz-
07-21-2010, 06:05 AM

Shit man inspiring. As to the regards as to not go 100% to each there own. Im not saying to go to where you can even lift the bar or something But you should always be doing the same as last week if not more. If you have cheat days you are not gaining as fast as if you didn't plain and simple. I keep track of every workout and it works for me. Sometimes You should take a week off to completely rest your body but only once your program is done.

Have you ever had a day at the gym when your CNS is not firing?

I will give you an example of what I mean, this happened to me recently.

End of progress for period, I was able to deadlift 405lbs x 8 without much issue. 2 weeks later next wave/period is starting up and the weight is brought down quite a bit in terms of percentage and I was at around 365lbs, which I think should have easily gone up for 10 reps or so. I got 2 full, slow reps and then the 3rd one I broke off the floor but could barely get it past my knees...there was no way I was going to lock it out. 2 weeks later, 40 lbs lighter and I can't even match the same reps lifted. It was one of those days that the weight felt heavy and knew that my CNS wasn't firing for some reason or another. I just finished my accessory work, but at a lighter % then I had anticipated as everything felt heavy that day.

Anyone that has been lifting somewhat heavy weights has a day like that.

I do agree with your taking a week off. I do a forced deload/unload week, rather then go by feel. As my feel is always something that I ignore for various reasons and tend to hit the overtrained barrier a lot more.

Vagabond - What Cam said is very true and should have you walking through walls. My only advice is to put the scale away and continue with the program. Do the work and it will pay off in the end. The scale will mind fuck you along the way.

msommers
07-21-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm not sure if you're doing this already but taking a picture of yourself each week will allow you to see the subtle changes. Will be a nice transitions when you are finished each cycle to see much you have changed!

A790
07-21-2010, 01:28 PM
I have not quit. And my testicles are firmly in my hand, so I haven't become a eunuch. I just finished plyometrics and am gonna go have a shower :)

I'm finding that my comfort zone for burn-vs-burnout is if I push just hard enough that I start to lose form (they even say on the videos, quality over quantity), and call that my failure point. The only time I push beyond that is when they say "everyone does 32" or "everyone does 16"

I'm already feeling the effects too :thumbsup: And now that the soreness is mininal to nonexistant the next day, I feel all the better.

I have noticed that my pushups have gone down this week vs last. Then again, last week, I wasn't hauling containers filled with 200 lbs of recyling nor constantly lifting, throwing, carrying, etc for 8 hours of the day.
I know you haven't quit, but I'm the kind of person where sometimes I need to remind myself why I do the things that I do. If you're anything like me, a little bit of outside encouragement every now and again goes a long way.

Simon, I really want to see you succeed man. I know the trials you're doing through because I've run that marathon before. I know what it's like. I know what it's like to succeed, and I damn well know what it's like to fail. However, any one of my good friends can tell you one thing about me that I'm particularly proud of: no matter how much of a shit kicking I take I always get back on my feet and get right back to it.

Imagine the feeling you'll have in a few months when you realize that yes, you are 30lbs lighter, yes you can bench press your body weight, and that you fucking did it.

There's a lot of doubt in this thread, but that should serve no purpose to you other than to remind yourself of how many people you need to prove wrong. This time, it's okay to be a little narcissistic. Go ahead, Simon, be Alpha goddammit.

403Gemini
07-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

My only advice is to put the scale away and continue with the program. Do the work and it will pay off in the end. The scale will mind fuck you along the way.

This. God the scale mind fucks you , especially if you "weigh in" every day. Some days im 191 other days im 183 :confused:

max_boost
07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by A790

I know you haven't quit, but I'm the kind of person where sometimes I need to remind myself why I do the things that I do. If you're anything like me, a little bit of outside encouragement every now and again goes a long way.

Simon, I really want to see you succeed man. I know the trials you're doing through because I've run that marathon before. I know what it's like. I know what it's like to succeed, and I damn well know what it's like to fail. However, any one of my good friends can tell you one thing about me that I'm particularly proud of: no matter how much of a shit kicking I take I always get back on my feet and get right back to it.

Imagine the feeling you'll have in a few months when you realize that yes, you are 30lbs lighter, yes you can bench press your body weight, and that you fucking did it.

There's a lot of doubt in this thread, but that should serve no purpose to you other than to remind yourself of how many people you need to prove wrong. This time, it's okay to be a little narcissistic. Go ahead, Simon, be Alpha goddammit.

In the past 15 months this is what I went through.

First 4 months. Gung ho! Kick ass!

Did nothing for the next 2 months (surgery/vacation).

Started to lift on and off for the next 6 months, no strength gains. More just forcing myself to lift. No fun.

Last 3 months, I told myself, fuck it, let's do this shit for real. And my bench and press is up 20lbs in that time.

It comes down to YOU! and no one else.

scboss
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

Have you ever had a day at the gym when your CNS is not firing?

I will give you an example of what I mean, this happened to me recently.

End of progress for period, I was able to deadlift 405lbs x 8 without much issue. 2 weeks later next wave/period is starting up and the weight is brought down quite a bit in terms of percentage and I was at around 365lbs, which I think should have easily gone up for 10 reps or so. I got 2 full, slow reps and then the 3rd one I broke off the floor but could barely get it past my knees...there was no way I was going to lock it out. 2 weeks later, 40 lbs lighter and I can't even match the same reps lifted. It was one of those days that the weight felt heavy and knew that my CNS wasn't firing for some reason or another. I just finished my accessory work, but at a lighter % then I had anticipated as everything felt heavy that day.

Anyone that has been lifting somewhat heavy weights has a day like that.

I do agree with your taking a week off. I do a forced deload/unload week, rather then go by feel. As my feel is always something that I ignore for various reasons and tend to hit the overtrained barrier a lot more.

Vagabond - What Cam said is very true and should have you walking through walls. My only advice is to put the scale away and continue with the program. Do the work and it will pay off in the end. The scale will mind fuck you along the way.

Hmm ive never had this happen before, mind you im nowhere near those numbers for my lifts. Highest i ever got was 2 plates on each side before i hurt my back at work.

Vagabond142
07-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I never took a week off o_O

I'm doing yoga X tomorrow. I said I restarted P90X, I never said I was taking a break XD

It's gone week 1 (last week), week 1 (now), week 2 (next week). The only reason I restarted is that I didn't put in effort on the last few days of week 1 original. So this week, I'm putting in the effort and reaping the rewards :D (when they come in 30 days or so :P)

bigbadboss101
07-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Staying on track with the motivational stuff, go get that girl!

Jeremiah
07-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Staying on track with the motivational stuff, you go girl!

fixed :D