PDA

View Full Version : portable speaker recommendations

Grogador
07-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I need a set of very portable speakers (no subwoofer) to haul with me, any suggestions? Something that will easily fill a hotel suite and have some pound to it. Right now the leading contender are the Bose MusicMonitors.

Tik-Tok
07-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I've got Bose Contender II Series II, I picked up on a whim while out of town on business, I was tired of using headphones on my netbook. They work AMAZING for the price, good bass to them.

The next time I went out of town I forgot them, and picked up a pair of usb speakers that are meant to be portable (logitech s-0155a), and they're alright. Good enough to hook up to my netbook and listen to tunes around the campfire, but not nearly as good as the Bose ones.

I'm sure the $400 Bose musicmonitor ones are even better, but for the $100 price tag, the Contenders are great.

Mitsu3000gt
07-05-2010, 09:59 AM
A friend of mine has the Bose Sound Dock Portable. We just used it on our vacation and it did a great job of providing us with music the entire time. It filled some pretty big rooms with sound no problem, and has good bass. It has an AUX input so we also used it for sound when we watched the UFC fight on a laptop, it was a life saver there. Battery life is around 5 hours or so and it charges the iPod at the same time. You can of course plug it in too.

I can't remember what he said he paid for it, but it was great for bringing good quality music with us wherever we wanted it.

Grogador
07-13-2010, 01:24 AM
I looked at the Sound Dock Portable but it's a bit bulky and I have no need for battery operation or an iDock thingy. Just picked up the Music Monitors a few days ago and I'm extremely happy with them. The two lil speakers pound like a good 2.1 system, without having to haul the .1 around :D Finally I can get my bass fix while on the road and piss off a few hotel guests at the same time!