PDA

View Full Version : Price in Thread Title (Marketplace)

torob
07-05-2010, 12:55 PM
How it is right now, you write the subject of the thread -- and once its posted.. if you edit it, it won't change...

How about fixing it so you can change the thread subject... and making a rule so just like the FS: tag... you must have your price there too

then if it drops you can just edit it and change

That way you can see all the prices of things in market place...
maybe make this only for cars since its usually just 1 thing instead of 2 or more

beyond_ban
07-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Once you create a thread title, the user cannot edit his thread title. The mods would have to manually change your thread title every time you wanted to lower your price. Decent idea, but it would take a lot of work to maintain.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Or... don't put the price in the title. Why play all of your cards right away?

Entice the person with a description and pictures before posting a price. Then update the price on the first post as you bump and lower it.

Is your time so precious you need to know the price before clicking on the thread?

C_Dave45
07-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Why not let the user be able to edit the thread title. Then he can also change it to "sold" when the item is sold.

Weapon_R
07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Why not let the user be able to edit the thread title. Then he can also change it to "sold" when the item is sold.

Gives us an easy way to track what was sold and how often people are selling certain things.

torob
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Or... don't put the price in the title. Why play all of your cards right away?

Entice the person with a description and pictures before posting a price. Then update the price on the first post as you bump and lower it.

Is your time so precious you need to know the price before clicking on the thread?

Thats a good point, but it would make sense to me that if you have a budget of X.. you'd look at prices around that budget... But then i would have to go thread after thread looking for prices to see if i can afford it.. thats how i looked at it