PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for brinks or securicor?

TomTom
12-17-2003, 01:21 AM
whats it take to get a job there? what do they start pay at?

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 02:23 AM
http://www.brinks.ca/Employment/3501W_BRINKS_APP.pdf

Print off a form, fill it out, send it in.
Backround checks, have to go threw training, first aid a must...somewhat like joining the police force, so possible polygraph test, no criminal record or criminal activity (within certain period of time). Couldnt find on website, but found on a job they posted a few months ago, this is somewhat what i vagley(sp) remember

goodluck :thumbsup:

TomTom
12-17-2003, 03:11 AM
any drug test? red light ticket dosnt count as a record ?
i have allready started to fill that form out allready.

thanks..

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm fairly sure you will have a drug test. If your going for the driving position, not sure what kind of record you need, if it says under 5 demeritts you should be ok. Good luck :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
12-17-2003, 12:34 PM
I think you also have to be bondable for that line of work, don't you?

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 12:39 PM
^
oh ya, pretty sure of that, but you have to be bondable for alot of jobs nowadays.

Shaolin
12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
I have a buddy that worked for Loomis, now he's a Cop.. if you have questions, feel free to PM me and I can ask him for you.

SwitchBlade
12-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Apply for the cops and get rejected or get kicked outta the force for assualting a civilian. At least thats how it worked in national security. I mean the movies gotta be right? Right?

C_CRX
12-27-2003, 12:39 PM
usually you need your FAC these days (Fire Arm Certificate) but I think it's now called something else. Bondable is a definite YES with little to no demerits. They also want you to have a certain number of hours on the shooting range last time I heard (100 I think). HTH

CRX-R
01-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
^
oh ya, pretty sure of that, but you have to be bondable for alot of jobs nowadays.

Everyone is bondable, it's a very misleading question. Bond is just like insurance, everyone can get insurance... But at what rate? ie; how much will it cost the company to bond you... If you're going to cause them a high rate (criminal charges, addictions... on, and on) they don't want you. where as if you have a clean record you're alot cheaper to bond.

CRX-R
01-08-2004, 07:03 PM
the only way to be rejected for bond is if you are on parole, or in flight from the law and a few others just like that

rogue
01-08-2004, 07:55 PM
to get bonded you can have serious criminal past then you also have to get a background check done that goes to CSIS and your fingerprints get taken. When you get your background check you will be AMAZED at what they know about you i know i was.:banghead:

slacker
10-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Make sure you have your gun license before you apply

Be bondable

tested for drugs

and its better to have no out standing tickets

Be parpared in some case to do tests and other testing and training, that can take more than 1 week.

Pay can start at min wage and can go over $16 ahr depending on which country your in.

2BLUE
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
The bag looks empty when they go in the building and looks empty coming out the building wonder why that is?

beyond_ban
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I am pretty sure you need a fire arm license to carry a pistol... Unless that's just optional. That would be fucking gangsta tho, work with a pistol on your belt.

dj techsta
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I am pretty sure you need a fire arm license to carry a pistol... Unless that's just optional. That would be fucking gangsta tho, work with a pistol on your belt.

:facepalm:

and yes you do need your PAL (gun license, previously known as the FAC) to join Brinks or Securicor, just be aware that right now most of them are only hiring part time

snoop101
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Unless things have changed the pay sucks for what you could go up against.

When I worked security in Kelowna I thought about it. I would have made a bit more, but I rather get paid a bit less and look at tits and ass all day instead of looking behind my back every 5 min to make sure i dont get stuck up and that shit does happen.

beyond_ban
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by dj techsta

:facepalm:

and yes you do need your PAL (gun license, previously known as the FAC) to join Brinks or Securicor, just be aware that right now most of them are only hiring part time

Easy buddy, it was more of a joke then anything.