PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted with Thai Tai on 17th

ee2k
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I have been a regular customer at Thai Tai for a couple of years now, with my addiction revolving around the ultimate sub on brown. I have even dreamt about that sub a few times. My location of choice is the one on 17th due to convenience.

A few months ago I was standing in line waiting for my food to arrive, and I see one of the ladies working in the back walk out of the kitchen and go to the bathroom. Line up was long, and I got to see her walk back out after she was done with her business, even heard the toilet flush going. What I did notice was that she was still wearing the same pair of gloves walking out as she did walking in, touching the door handles and what not along the way. I ate my sub that night thankful that she was in the bathroom while my food was being prepped. It took me a while to go back to Thai Tai.

Fast forward a few months, and I was there again, feeding my addiction - I had always opted to go elsewhere when the urge sprung up. Last week, I am there with a friend who owns a similar business and we were waiting in line for our food - he, a Thai Tai virgin. He casually mentions the upkeep of the store, or lack thereof. I somewhat ignored it. I was there a few days later, and could not help but notice how dirty the place really is: dirty walls, dirty floors, disgustingly dirty ceiling from which stuff can drop into food. I noticed all this while awaiting my food order, and once home to devour it, I could not even down half of my order as I am totally disgusted by what I have seen.

Anyway, this new found disgust has me somewhat paranoid about such outlets, and I will be making patronage decisions based on what I see.

Meanwhile, can someone suggest an alternative to Thai Tai that I can go to?

Mibz
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Everybody knows that the cleanliness of an Asian food establishment is inversely proportional to its deliciousness.

Mr. Burns
07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Everybody knows that the cleanliness of an Asian food establishment is inversely proportional to its deliciousness.

This.

It's best just to dig in and not think about it.

Isaiah
07-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Thi Thi

dannie
07-05-2010, 06:45 PM
^ +1

Or if you want to stick to that same area, go across the road to Kim Anh....

JfuckinC
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Kim Anh is the fucking best, had one last week :drool:

kamakurakid
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Call the Health department, they will investigate and by the sounds of it cut some tickets.

darthVWader
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
You won't find this fat fuck eating at Thai Tai

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/health-inspections/SearchServlet?direct=showReport&ID=1000763&showAllViolations=true&requestedInspectLocationName=

xxviet
07-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Holy eff, click "OKAY" then click on the letter T

Theres so many tim hortans :D

Phil_McGraw
07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Thai Thai in the South Deerfoot Meadows shopping place by Ikea is really good. :)

ercchry
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM

:werd:

i judge it by how quick it comes out the other end and what consistency it is :rofl:

thai tai passes that test 100% :D

max_boost
07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Phil_McGraw
Thai Thai in the South Deerfoot Meadows shopping place by Ikea is really good. :)

Ya this one is much better haha

Why? Because it's actually my buddy that owns and operates this one and he keeps it CLEAN.

Meanwhile the 17th location is just too damn busy and the owner of it (older brother) isn't involved in the day to day and just counts the money at the end of the night. haha

inline6turbo
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Read the inspection reports on that site for the Thai Thai.

Gross...

Don't think I'll be going back there for a while :(

4bier
07-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Thai Thai in the South Deerfoot Meadows shopping place by Ikea is really good. :) i ve heard so much hype about this place and i didnt find all that amazing:dunno:

Pollywog
07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Wow, looks like I wont be hitting up Thai Tai much anymore.

I will agree on the one by the IKEA in deerfoot meadows being pretty decent though.

RY213
07-06-2010, 12:19 AM

I had brutal food poisoning from this location about 2 years ago. I have never been that sick in my life. Hadnt missed a day of work in 5 years until that day...

pf0sh0
07-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by RY213

I had brutal food poisoning from this location about 2 years ago. I have never been that sick in my life. Hadnt missed a day of work in 5 years until that day...

really? the shit is always booooooooooomb dig when I go. maybe you jus got one rare bad one?

InRich
07-06-2010, 12:30 AM
wow. How do they not shut down operations like the one on 17th ave after so many violations.... thats fucking pathetic. ate there a couple times, never again.

you know what pisses me fucking off. god damn it. you go to these places. they overcharge you for the food, expect a tip, then the next day your fucked from food poisoning, last time I was sick, I was out for fucking days. my brother ate at a subway once, and got fucked for 5 days. my brother seriously thought he was going to die at some points he said afterwards.

TomcoPDR
07-06-2010, 01:24 AM

:werd: and there're usually hot women there, hence probably why the owner would watch the store himself. :poosie:

Proyecto2000
07-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I have had lunch twice at the 17th ave location and both times I have ended up with massive stomach aches. However it tastes soo good :cry:

rage2
07-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Sweet, the lineup got shorter! :rofl:

Civicnati0n
07-06-2010, 10:15 AM
If your on 17th go to Eat a Pita! those guys make the best donairs

Davetronz
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Sweet, the lineup got shorter! :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:
Way to see the positive side of things!

ee2k
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
To the guy that posted the health region link, thanks for making sure that I do not return ever again.

beyond_ban
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
If i read every health report and listened to it i would never eat out again. Nothing has killed me yet, so i am sure i will be fine.

Germaphobes make me laugh. Sure, i'm not gonna consciously wipe my ass with my hand, but ignorance really is bliss.

cam_wmh
07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Critical Date Violation Rationale/Requirement Cleared
Yes Feb 12, 2010 VERMIN (EVIDENCE ON SITE) - Vermin have been allowed to enter this food establishment. The owner of a food establishment shall not allow cockroaches, silverfish, rodents or other vermin to enter or remain in his food establishment.
No Feb 12, 2010 FLOORS - The surface of the floors in this food establishment are not acceptable. The surface of floors shall be smooth, impervious to moisture, and easily cleanable where food is prepared or processed, utensil/equipment cleaning areas, walk-in coolers and freezers, where opened foods are stored, and in rooms containing handwash basins, toilets, or showers.
No Feb 12, 2010 VERMIN PROOFING - This food establishment is not properly constructed and/or managed to prevent the entry of vermin. A food establishment shall be constructed and maintained to prevent the entry of cockroaches, silverfish, rodents, flies, and other vermin.
No Feb 12, 2010 NUISANCE - A practice or condition at this food establishment is or may be creating a nuisance. No person shall create, commit, or maintain any nuisance.
No Feb 12, 2010 WRITTEN PROCEDURES/RECORDS - Written procedures and/or records to ensure a safe and sanitary operation are not kept at this food establishment. A food establishment must have written procedures designed to ensure its safe and sanitary operation and maintenance.

403ep3
07-06-2010, 04:33 PM

Ohh has anyone ever gone to the pho place there? Worse pho ever! Lol

max_boost
07-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Note to you guys, never go to China. (Can't speak for other parts of the world)

KandabashiDevil
07-06-2010, 05:00 PM
17th Ave Thai Thai has been declining in quality at an alarming rate.

... This is always a funny joke, but hardly a reality. If anyone (Asian or not) is too poor to maintain their store, they should close the doors. Almost all of the places in Chinatown need a visit from Health Inspections :barf: If it weren't for Asian people enjoying the dirty atmosphere, these places wouldn't make enough money to pay their rent!

rage2
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Note to you guys, never go to China. (Can't speak for other parts of the world)
India's just as bad, if not worse.

kamakurakid
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
This topic ought to be moved to the fitness area, those seeking to lose some weight should be eating at the 17th Ave Thai Thai twice a day until they drop the desired pounds. MMA fighters and boxers will be lining up.

nonlinear
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by kamakurakid
This topic ought to be moved to the fitness area, those seeking to lose some weight should be eating at the 17th Ave Thai Thai twice a day until they drop the desired pounds. MMA fighters and boxers will be lining up.

most definitely... i bet the appetite-suppressing state of the kitchen combines with the laxative qualities of the food in a synergistic way to produce epic weight loss rates.

shakalaka
07-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by rage2

India's just as bad, if not worse.

But apparently we have stomach made of steel, so we can handle it all. Haha

sillysod
07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
haha check out Black Swan (the) ale house on here

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/h...ctLocationName=

wow. even the utensils arent washed

too bad I go there sometimes

DJ_NAV
07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
The Jugo juice across the street is now open until 3am on weekends! I just checked it out last weekend and food was 'fresher' and no more 20-30 min. lineup! I ordered and ate my food by the time my buddies got to order their food at Thai Thai.

:thumbsup:

The_Rural_Juror
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
What about the one on 1 Street downtown?

Pollywog
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
haha check out Black Swan (the) ale house on here

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/h...ctLocationName=

wow. even the utensils arent washed

too bad I go there sometimes

Ouch, Ive played there a few times and eaten lots of food at the swan..

Your link is broken btw - I want to see how dirty it really is, lol.

sillysod
07-06-2010, 09:28 PM
it's baaaad.... sewer issues n' shit :facepalm:

fixed

clicky click (http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/health-inspections/SearchServlet?direct=showReport&ID=18000098)

2Valve0
07-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

most definitely... i bet the appetite-suppressing state of the kitchen combines with the laxative qualities of the food in a synergistic way to produce epic weight loss rates.

Why do you even talk?