PDA

View Full Version : Good Chinese Buffet?

canadian.eh84
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
where are some of good Chinese food Buffet?
ok so i have tried a few in calgary, i have encountered smelly ones, looks like old, dried food in their food trys, ect. ect

worst one for me was at Regacy palace china town. just wowed you know. i took my wife and mother in law thought that you know it being in the centre of china town and such a big restaurant still existing for years, you know just can't go wrong this place Right?? well not...
wow it was the the worst experience ever, we went in there kinda late for dinner i think it was during winter time walked in the restaurant it was so empty. decided to go for their buffet. their food looked old dried and geez not so appetizing had a dish and told the waitress there you know didnt wanted to be rude or anything, "we'll just have the sea food Fondue. hahahahaha
they had laid out meat, sea food and such on ice also on top of leaves of lettuce. well, i seen little flies flying around, smelled awful, and i seen ice chunks looked like seafood just came out of deepfreeze has that ice crystals....all the places i pick seems to have some gross sense to them haha

recommand me some good chinese food buffet places
i just love Ginger beef !

Disoblige
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes, Regency sucks balls.

I suggest the old Treasure of China that moved from Macleod Trail, now called Asian Buffet for a while now.

It's on 9125 Bonaventure Drive S.E. Unit 23.

They have a website but not sure why the "328" that makes it sound like a spam site lol..

http://www.asianbuffet328.com/

Then there's Grey Eagle's Chinese Buffet on Wednesday. They chop BBQ duck, pig, etc in front of you, and there's AYCE sushi there too.

Here's a list of the dates:

Buffet Hours & Prices
Lunch Buffet 11:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. $11.99 + tax. Monday - Friday.

Saturday Brunch 10:00A.M. to 2:30 P.M. $14.99 + tax

Sunday Brunch 10:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. $14.99 + tax.

Dinner Buffet 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. $14.99 + tax. Monday.

Dinner Buffet 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. $14.99 + tax. Tuesday

Asian Buffet 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. $19.99 + tax. Wednesday.

Seafood Buffet 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. $22.99 + tax. Thursday.

Prime Rib Dinner Buffet 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. $19.99 + tax. Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Pollywog
07-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Lol @ Treasures of China - one of the only asian buffets on the planet to have PizzaPops.

tentacles
07-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I've been going to Buffet Yangtze in Deerfoot Mall ever since they were called Goody Foody. Their other stuff is OK, but we just go there and load up on prime rib 2 or 3 times and that's it.

nonlinear
07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
I've been going to Buffet Yangtze in Deerfoot Mall ever since they were called Goody Foody. Their other stuff is OK, but we just go there and load up on prime rib 2 or 3 times and that's it.

hahha, how does one pronounce that. "goo-tie foody, or goody fudie?" :rofl:

Disoblige
07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
It's Foody Goody, and I miss their soft serve machine. It sucked but I liked making my own soft serve as a kid lol..

The Food Goody in Willow Park a long long time ago was AWESOME.. Grill your own shrimp skewers.. :drool:

tentacles
07-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
It's Foody Goody, and I miss their soft serve machine. It sucked but I liked making my own soft serve as a kid lol..

The Food Goody in Willow Park a long long time ago was AWESOME.. Grill your own shrimp skewers.. :drool:

Singapore Sam's on 10th ave has a soft serve machine. They're not great but $11 for lunch is priced right, at least. I would go there for lunch because it's close to work, and every time I would swear never to go back, and then 2 weeks later I go back. :nut:

canadian.eh84
07-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

i so remember that place hahah
didnt that get closed down for health violations?
if i remember correctly i think it make it on the front page on the paper??

Pollywog
07-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by canadian.eh84

According to a member here, they were accused of serving seagull meat. I think the sanitary infractions alone were enough to shut that place down regardless..

takkyu
07-05-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as good Chinese buffet in Calgary.

ChestRockwell
07-06-2010, 12:01 AM
China Rose

2Valve0
07-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by ChestRockwell
China Rose

To be honest IMO this is the best for fresh food and quality. It's never 3 hour old food your eating from there.

Asian Buffet is nasty.

Deerfoot mall(Yanghzee) is decent as said before Prime rib all the way.

TomcoPDR
07-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Look up a place called Peking Peking

gyu
07-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Lol @ Treasures of China - one of the only asian buffets on the planet to have PizzaPops.
:rofl: where is it?

canadian.eh84
07-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by tentacles

i have been there not when they had prime rib but just regular chinese buffet,
so many people and so steamy like on Titanic windows fog up my glasses fog up... :nut:

canadian.eh84
07-06-2010, 10:36 AM
i lived in small town called Stavely about 1 hour south of calgary on #2.
Best chinese food restaurant there i grantee you.
if anyone heading south of border or waterton or something go check it out :)

FraserB
07-10-2010, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by canadian.eh84

The seagull meat thing and the fact that washing uneaten rice and re-serving it is frowned upon by the health department.:nut:

@gyu, ToC is on Bonaventure Dr and 96th, just off Macleod Tr

masoncgy
07-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I have yet to find a consistently decent Chinese buffet in Calgary.

Someone mentioned Foody Goody... yeah, not so 'goody' at all. I swear I almost died from food poisoning at that place back in 2000, the Deerfoot Mall location that is now the Yangtze Buffet.

I did the Home Food Inn for awhile... but it's totally hit & miss. Some days it's decent and other days it's terrible. I stopped going after my buddy projectile puked in their parking lot right after we left.

Treasures of China, now known as the Asian Buffet, is probably the better of the buffets I've tried, but you have to go when it's busy so that the food is fresher. If you go to any buffet when it's off hours, expect the crappiest, nastiest, dried out cold food you can imagine.

Yangtze Buffet is hit & miss too... but ever since that place was fined $28,000 for health violations, I have not been back there.

It's unfortunate that I have to drive all the way back to Smithers BC to get decent chinese buffet that is consistently good.

B18C
07-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Look up a place called Peking Peking

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: