PDA

View Full Version : Winter Tires Incentive

89coupe
07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
You could soon be getting some incentives to put on winter tires when the snow flies.

A transportation committee report is recommending that Calgarians get a little extra motivation for using snow tires in winter, as opposed to all season tires.

The report goes before council Monday.

If approved, it could also mean all city vehicles would be outfitted with snow tires in winter.

Alderman Diane Colley-Urquhart tried to make snow tires mandatory in January, but her motion was shot down.

-relk-
07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
After putting winters on this year i will be continuing to do it whenever living in a cold winter climate. Definitly worth the money IMO

403Gemini
07-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Hope so... will force work to buy me winter tires for my work vehicle then :rofl:

Modelexis
07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
The lingo is a bit confusing, to me, 'city vehicles' means vehicles owned by the city.
Or do they mean 'vehicles owned by city residents'?

Next:

-Incentives for wearing shoes and not high heels (for girls) or sandals (for guys) while driving

-Incentives for washing your car to prevent excessive ice buildup in the winter

-Incentives for good quality windshield wipers and fluid

-Incentives for a block heater install

-Incentives for ABS to be installed on cars older than *95~

-Incentives for HID headlights fitted to every car fitted with halogen.

Why would the state stop at winter tires, why can't they pay for every optional safety item for my car?;)

wtf?

Tik-Tok
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I can already see the "little extra motivation"... Calgary transit prices going up again to afford the cost of snow tires on all the buses, so it would then be cheaper to drive where you want instead of taking transit.