PDA

View Full Version : Viper in the ditch......

JfuckinC
07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Well some of you may have seen this thread from this morning:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/308978/sleepy-driver-17thave-se-and-stoney-trail/

Sunfire in the ditch at 17th ave se and stoney, well on the way home from work it was gone..... BUT there was a viper about 400m east of where the sunfire was :rofl:

3 guys standing there looking at it, and a MKIV supra pulled over..

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ql604y.jpg

Kona9
07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Did ya get Big Red to pull it out?

beyond_ban
07-07-2010, 07:50 AM
IT doesn't look to be in to bad of shape. I wonder how he lost control.... Wow, summer is bringing the n00b out in drivers.

m10-power
07-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
IT doesn't look to be in to bad of shape. I wonder how he lost control.... Wow, summer is bringing the n00b out in drivers.

Road looks a bit wet, looks like he looped it into the ditch. Inexperience and lots of power, probably didnt get a ticket, maybe next time he'll crash into oncoming traffic instead...

beyond_ban
07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
^ To much power and showing off for friends can do that. I saw some guy do a 50ft burnout in front of my work in his 32' ford roadster (appeared to be one), only to lose control and spin into a curb. He had to get it loaded into a trailer so something must have been fucked. I wonder how stupid you feel when you try to show off and then end up losing control with a friend in the passenger seat.

JfuckinC
07-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by m10-power

Road looks a bit wet, looks like he looped it into the ditch. Inexperience and lots of power, probably didnt get a ticket, maybe next time he'll crash into oncoming traffic instead...

It had def rained really recently in that spot, i figured he came around off stoney onto 17th going east and put too much power down for the conditions :dunno:

Tomaz
07-07-2010, 08:39 AM
If the owner of the car is the gorilla wearing black, it all makes sense...

Super-wide tires, that much horsepower, wet ground, inflated chest of ego in front some some ladies = ditch.

At least it doesn't appear to be damaged. Except a bit of ego.

beyond_ban
07-07-2010, 08:41 AM
2EFN, that you?

toastgremlin
07-07-2010, 09:38 AM
That's one of the second generation Vipers, too. They're supposed to be easier to control than the first gen, but they are squirrelly cars with a huge amount of power from what I understand.

I can kind of see putting it into the ditch if they were showing off. Doesn't excuse it, though - time to take some performance driving school classes.

Cody D
07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
That's one of the second generation Vipers, too.

That is a third gen Viper.

davidI
07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Snakebitten.

Jay911
07-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I wonder how stupid you feel when you try to show off and then end up losing control

Last year in one of the GT support races for the American Le Mans Series at Mosport, the winning Corvette stopped and did several burnouts on his victory lap. When he got to the chute between turns 3 and 4, right in front of me, he did it again - but the car broke loose and swung around 180°, slamming the wall with its rear quarter and destroying the rear axle. He returned to victory lane in the medical car. :clap:

nonlinear
07-07-2010, 11:16 PM
wow, i've never seen a viper taxi cab before. maybe cabbie bought that for his dad with his mad MD sal.

masoncgy
07-08-2010, 09:26 AM
^ :rofl:

Phenix
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I actually seen this car later. had mud all over it and was followed by a green supra. was kinda wondering why it was all muddy. also had dealer plates on it.

Hopefully no one buys this car

freshprince1
07-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
I actually seen this car later. had mud all over it and was followed by a green supra. was kinda wondering why it was all muddy. also had dealer plates on it.

Hopefully no one buys this car

You mean you "saw" that car.

Good spot on the dealer plates though. I guess it might have been a test drive gone bad?? Hopefully the stealership m ade him pay for a detailing and any repairs, if needed.