PDA

View Full Version : For you hot sauce guys

msommers
07-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm going to send in an order later this week or on the weekend for some Susie's hot sauce. I had it when I was in Antigua and it's really good. Hot but actually tastes like something as well. If someone wants to try a bottle or two, let me know.

http://www.susieshotsauce.com/store.us/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=ORIGINAL

Or if someone wants to split a multipack, I'd be down for that.

http://www.susieshotsauce.com/store.us/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=hot_and_spicy

bulaian
07-06-2010, 08:24 PM
how much is shipping?

Idratherbsidewayz
07-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I'll go in on a multipack. Let me know how much and when to pick up once you have more details.

sillysod
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
I will buy a couple bottles.

pm me when you are ready to order and I will paypal you some $$ if you want it prepaid, or if not I can give you cash when I pick it up!

:poosie:

msommers
07-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Shipping is buggered up on their invoice, I may just call in and place my order instead.

It's basically $25.99 I think. I can order a 12pack and a 24 pack for that price or just a 12 pack. Then if I add that multipack in, they charge an additional $25.99...seems their system is messed up.

I'm ordering a bunch anyways for myself, no lose if people don't pick it up just more for me! :D

Vagabond142
07-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm in for 2 bottles, should be ~$10 all shipped and done if you take em out of a multipack? I freakin LOVE Susie's... and, as it's all natural and you only use a couple drops per serving, it's damned healthy too :D

sillysod
07-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Well i will throw in $30 for however many that works out to.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
$20 for me.

jadeboy
07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
$20 for me too. PM when you order.

Graham_A_M
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Im down for a couple bottles. How many scovil units is their "hot" hot sauces? I have a bottle of this "Blairs sudden death sauce" (1million unit stuff) thats taking me eons to finish. :(
Just so long as this is isn't "Colon exterminator in a bottle" I'm down for a multi-pack.

msommers
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
$20 for me.

Did you want to split the multi-pack still or grab 20 bucks worth of the original stuff?

Depending on how many more people are interested, I may just order a 24 pack and figure out how much it is per bottle when it gets here and all the duty n' shit is paid for; I can't see it being much if anything.

Graham, well I've dumped way too much in my omlette one time and let me tell you, I nearly sharted lol. That's from the original. I've never tried the other stuff in the multipack so I'm not sure if it's hotter or what. I guess it depends on your tolerance. My insides tend to hate hotsauce but I don't give a shit, it's delicious.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Did you want to split the multi-pack still or grab 20 bucks worth of the original stuff?

Depending on how many more people are interested, I may just order a 24 pack and figure out how much it is per bottle when it gets here and all the duty n' shit is paid for; I can't see it being much if anything.

Graham, well I've dumped way too much in my omlette one time and let me tell you, I nearly sharted lol. That's from the original. I've never tried the other stuff in the multipack so I'm not sure if it's hotter or what. I guess it depends on your tolerance. My insides tend to hate hotsauce but I don't give a shit, it's delicious.

I wouldn't mind getting a few different bottles from the multipack. Whatever $20 is worth.

zieg
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I'd buy $20 worth too. :drool:

spikerS
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
never had it, but I will take a bottle or 2.

flipstah
07-07-2010, 09:21 AM
In the multi-pack, I'd be interested in trying out one of each.

Too bad the Creole is sold out. Looks mad good... :drool:

Vagabond142
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I just would like regular ol standard Susie's, aka the BEST flavor hot sauce. I remember having it in Antigua... it's what changed me from hating hot sauce to loving it, I brought back 6 bottles with me... in 2004... and I still have half of my last bottle left :D

sillysod
07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
we go through a big bottle of franks and tabasco every month in our house, so hopefully $30.00 will get 3 or 4 bottles, if not I will kick in more $$$ :)

sdevils15
07-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I would love to try and couple bottles of this stuff. PM when you have the final details.

wintonyk
07-07-2010, 11:49 AM
i am in for 20 bucks as well. PM me with details and how you want me to send you the $$$

bigboom
07-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Count me in as well for $20. Let me know how to pay you.

msommers
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Given how many people are interested, I think cost should be around $5-7/bottle. Will be cash only, I really hate Paypal.

I'll give it another day or so given I just posted this up last night. I think the multi-pack and a 24pack should be sufficient for the interest so far.

I'll update everyone here what's going on here in the thread rather than PMs. :)

Vagabond142
07-07-2010, 12:59 PM
An update on when you'd like payment would also go over well :D (clutches $10 for two bottles in paws) :drool: :drool: Susie's hot sauce :drool: :drool:

msommers
07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
No hurry for cash. Just pay when you come pick up your quantity.

Flipstah and sidewayz... I'm not sure how we'll sort out the multipack as I'll take one of each non-original kind, but one of the flavors only comes with two bottles instead of three. Can deal with it whenever stuff gets here.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
No hurry for cash. Just pay when you come pick up your quantity.

Flipstah and sidewayz... I'm not sure how we'll sort out the multipack as I'll take one of each non-original kind, but one of the flavors only comes with two bottles instead of three. Can deal with it whenever stuff gets here.

Sounds good. Maybe the first one to pay you gets more variety? A race for flavor!!

teknical
07-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I'd be interested in a Multi-case of the 'Sweet and Spicy', I'll pay before ordering if needed :)

stevieo
07-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Hey i'll take $ 20 worth of this sauce, never tried it but i wanna see what its all about.

is it super spicy? or more of a tangy sour spice?
love my food with a kick

msommers
07-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by teknical
I'd be interested in a Multi-case of the 'Sweet and Spicy', I'll pay before ordering if needed :)

Paying beforehand might work better. Your rating seems good enough for me but it'd be an extra ~$50 + whatever extra shipping if any. PM me tomorrow afternoon or evening at the latest as I'll likely put the order in on friday morning.

Originally posted by stevieo
Hey i'll take $ 20 worth of this sauce, never tried it but i wanna see what its all about.

love my food with a kick

Well...hahaha. I'm not a hot sauce expert, but I don't like hot sauce that is just hot and burns. It's not quite tangy but subtly so I guess.

teknical
07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Sounds good thanks msommers! :thumbsup:

Vagabond142
07-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

love my food with a kick

Susie's original is one of those sauces you only need a few drops of. It has a good nasal heat, and it likes to reach down, grab your lungs and heart and give em a good yank, but it's also full of peppery flavor. It's not like those blindingly hot sauces, nor is it as vinegary as tabasco.

It WILL kick your nuts if you use too much.

Ghettobaby
07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I would be down for 5 bottles at that price. No dish is ever complete without hot sauce.

Jeremiah
07-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Where are you located for pickup?

Do you go to the meets?

I would probably be down for $20

msommers
07-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm downtown during the weekdays and live by the zoo. I haven't come out to a meet but if a bunch are willing to go to one, I'd come by and sell hot sauce out of my car ;)

Let me know if you want in.

I'm going to call them tomorrow to see how shipping will work to get a better idea on price, but even still the difference in 5 or 7 per bottle is nothing. Either way, it will help me know how much to order based on number of bottles vs. a blanket $20.

I'll put together a list tomorrow early afternoon for everyone.

bspot
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
What part of the city are you in? If it's not too far from me, I'll grab some for sure.

EDIT: Nevermind. I can walk to the zoo from my house, so I'm down for one for sure!

msommers
07-07-2010, 10:06 PM

legendboy
07-07-2010, 10:23 PM
i'd be up for trying a bottle

Pollywog
07-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't care what it costs, im down for a bottle.

Vagabond142
07-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I should also mention that susie's cooks in REALLY well with pasta sauce... just a couple drops in in the last 30 seconds of simmering with a quick stir gives great heat and awesome flavor :D

sabad66
07-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Pencil me in for $20 worth please... I can meet you downtown tomorrow if you need the cash right away... Pm me

nonlinear
07-07-2010, 11:40 PM
i would take a bottle.

Atriux
07-08-2010, 12:21 AM
I'll take ~20$ worth as well.

-Thanks!

msommers
07-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Update.

I called this morning about shipping and she said shipping to Canada would be too expensive. I said it didn't matter but it sounded more like she didn't want to. Gay.

She did mention they are bringing a shipment to Toronto for a festival in early August. I've asked if we could get ours shipped with that and from there to Calgary, and she seemed to like that. I've emailed her the order as it stands right now with shipping address and am waiting to hear back with a quote.

For those ordering full multipacks for themselves (Teknical and sdevils15), hold off on giving me any money.

As it stands right now, multipacks aside, the order consists of 2 x 24packs and 1x12pack (which may turn into a 24pack later). At some point I'll have to draw the line because the shipping quote will be based on so many packages.

Interestingly, she thought I was a distributor that had called yesterday about maybe setting something up in Western Canada, which would be sweet if it worked out and I could pick this shit up in Canada whenever I felt like it :D

Cheers,
Matt

Jeremiah
07-08-2010, 08:19 AM
thats too bad to hear, I was pretty excited to try this stuff out. I need a new hot sauce

derpderp
07-08-2010, 10:30 AM
msommers the official re-seller of Susies Hot Sauce. :rofl:
Not sure what is going on here but I'd also take $20.00 if and when anything happens here.

Since people are talking about trying something new, you can look on here, something like 500+ sauces, it is postal order only but the company is located in Calgary.

http://www.unclebig.com/

msommers if you call the Hatari Bros who own that site (the number is listed on the front page) and tell them you're interested in the product they might be able to work a deal out, or start supplying it.

spikerS
07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
or if you are looking for a new sauce, there is a guy in the crossroads flea market selling a zillion different hot sauces.

nonlinear
07-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by spikers
or if you are looking for a new sauce, there is a guy in the crossroads flea market selling a zillion different hot sauces.

i just wish there was some way to sample the sauces. how do you know what you're getting? he has too much and it would just be a random choice for me. IMO it would be better to specialize in one or a few brands, and then offer samples.

has anyone ever had Ebesse Zozo Hot Sauce? that guy goes to festivals, etc., and offers samples so you know what you're getting. it's pretty good stuff. www.awassi.net

wintonyk
07-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
thats too bad to hear, I was pretty excited to try this stuff out. I need a new hot sauce

Me too, i just finished my bottle that my boss brought back from belize for me. And the standard franks and rooster sauce dont cut it for me.

msommers
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
You guys are disappointed?! I know what I'm missing! :rofl:

My gut says it'll work out, just take longer to get here than I wanted. Shipping from Antigua is fucking expensive though...worth it.

spikerS
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

i just wish there was some way to sample the sauces. how do you know what you're getting? he has too much and it would just be a random choice for me. IMO it would be better to specialize in one or a few brands, and then offer samples.

has anyone ever had Ebesse Zozo Hot Sauce? that guy goes to festivals, etc., and offers samples so you know what you're getting. it's pretty good stuff. www.awassi.net

man, every time I have gone there, I have been able to have samples of everything. He usually has some plain corn chips, and will just put a drop of the sauce out and you can try it.

he may have changed that tho, been a year since I have had to buy more hot sauce.

str8jkt
07-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Have never tried Susies but we eat a ton of Denzel's hot sauce. He used to setup in Salmon Arm (Shuswap) at the farmers market and his sauces are unreal.

http://www.denzelshotsauce.com/

Have tried the Colonel Corn (corn chipotle) - Mildest of the bunch but great flavour

Dangerous Goods - Garlic Habanero - This one packs a punch

Gourmet Jalapeno - Awesome on chicken - not super spicy so the wife really likes this one.

Kamikaze - His take on an asian hot sauce - Sesame Oil, Ginger and Habaneros

He also has a bunch of fruit based hot sauces as well (Apple and Cinnamon, Mango, Pineapple and Peaches and Scream) but I'm not as much into the sweet and hot sauces.

Sells in a couple stores in Calgary I believe or you can order online. My dad actually had some gift sets printed up with custom labels to give away with from his work for xmas gifts to other companies/employees, etc..

zieg
08-15-2010, 07:47 PM
No luck?

msommers
08-18-2010, 10:50 AM
None. I emailed her twice shortly after I updated and heard nothing back.

How someone could turn down such a large order is borderline retarded, imo. I'd still really like to get some but work has gotten quite busy recently and I've shrugged it off. I'll likely try again when school starts back up in Sept and have more time to organize it.

Vagabond142
08-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Just keep the thread updated :thumbsup:

bubbley
08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
ROOSTER HOT SAUCE FTW!

n1zm0
08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
ROOSTER HOT SAUCE FTW!

its called huy fong sriracha madapaka!!

i swear, if i went back to malaysia, got jsut 20 of the 100s of types of sambal olek/hot sauces they sell in the little villages there, repack them here in fancy colourful bottles with names like 'Tom's bowel mover' or something like that, i'd make millions!

teknical
08-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
Just keep the thread updated :thumbsup:

+1, Thanks again!

Pollywog
08-18-2010, 02:33 PM
ROOSTER HOT SAUCE FTW!

Also one of my favorites, but its barely hot by any means imo.

Unknown303
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
ROOSTER HOT SAUCE FTW!

I think people call it cock sauce now. One of my favorites but definitely relatively tame compared to some others.

teknical
09-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Quick Update: There is a Canadian distributor listed on Susie's website now. I sent them an email and they managed to give me a call earlier this afternoon (missed the call but they left me a message). So long as shipping prices cooperate (FeDex) we should be good to go, I'll give them a call tomorrow :D

Not trying to steal the OP's thread, I've just been craving a new type of hot sauce for too long.. :drool:

msommers
04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
UPDATE:

Dear Mr. S,
Greetings from Antigua...I sent this mail to our rep in Canada, asking him if he ever saw this order before...and he confirms that he never saw this...

I must apologize for this very painful tardiness, that this order slipped right through the cracks...It is painful for me that we did not get to serve you...and just as painful that we lost the business. The other very sad part...is that we were in Toronto for the Hot & Spicy Show last August...as we have been doing for the past 5 years....and had all the products with us.

Our stock in Toronto is now depleted, and we are planning a new shipment in a few weeks. I do hope we have n t lost you entirely, and look forward to serving you with efficiency, quality products and reliability.
I will cc this correspondence to our Marketing Director in Toronto, Mr. Tony Bascus

Do have an enjoyable week.

Respectfully,
Rosie V McMaster OM, MBE
Managing/Production Director

Susie's Hot Sauce
Upper North Street, St. John's, Antigua
Antigua: (Tel) 268-461-0365/4052, ( EFax) 954-337-2826
USA: (Tel) 954-447-7569 (Fax) 954-337-2826Winner: 2004 Golden Chile Pepper 1st Prize
Award for Best International Hot Sauce.Winner 2005 Golden Chile Award Best Fruit
Sauce.!Visit www.chilepepper.com, for our awards."Susie's Makes Food Come Alive"
www.susieshotsauce.com

--- On Thu, 7/8/10, wrote:

Subject: Canadian Order
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, July 8, 2010, 9:45 AM

Hello,

I had enquired on the phone about placing an order to Alberta, Canada. This is what I would like to order:

Susie's Original
1 x 12pack
2 x 24pack

2 x Sweet and Spicy Multipack

1 x Hot and Spicy Multipack

My shipping address is:

The 1 x 12pack of Susie's original may turn into a 24pack later.

Thanks for your time.

Matthew
Cell:

I suppose mistakes happen and I'd still like to. I think this time I'll be ordering a bit less however as coordinating this could be a nightmare with so many people.

I'm going to reply by saying that I'll be ordering 2-24packs of hot sauce and a package for myself. When (IF!) I get it, I will update this thread and people can come and pick them up accordingly. If things go well, I can place another order later.

Matt

Idratherbsidewayz
04-25-2011, 09:58 AM
UPDATE:

I suppose mistakes happen and I'd still like to. I think this time I'll be ordering a bit less however as coordinating this could be a nightmare with so many people.

I'm going to reply by saying that I'll be ordering 2-24packs of hot sauce and a package for myself. When (IF!) I get it, I will update this thread and people can come and pick them up accordingly. If things go well, I can place another order later.

Matt

Sweet!, I'm still in.

flipstah
04-25-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm still in and still savoring. :drool:

legendboy
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
You could always look into using a re mailer

I used myus.com recently and it went very smoothly

msommers
01-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Susie's never got back to me a second time and quick frankly, have lost patience with them.

I was at Joyce's Caribbean Store on 1st ave and Edmonton Trail and picked up a hot sauce I thought would be similar to the last mango hot sauce I picked up. Well it turned out as a rather favorable accident. This sauce reminded me, almost exactly, to Susie's hot sauce.

It's called Rick's Hot sauce. The only picture I could find online of it was this: http://www.citystyleandliving.com/hotsauce.html

Click to #3.

This stuff is very flavorful and hot! Not only is the bottle much bigger than the Susie's stuff, it's only $5/bottle - a steal if you ask me considering how awesome this stuff tastes.