PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Collision @ Bow Bottom x Canyon Meadows

CUG
07-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Has anyone been by that intersection in the last two hours? The one vehicle I did see was completely unrecognizable from my angle. I don't mean ripped in half, I mean completely fucking pancaked.Collision guys were out with probably a dozen CPS units. Looked like the guy was going fast, and looks like they definitely did not live to tell the story.

I hope people drive a little safer after hearing about shit like this.
RIP

heinz256
07-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Just saw this on the news. Looked really bad. RIP

Masked Bandit
07-07-2010, 06:17 AM
25 y/o died in the crash, no word on a name yet though.

Mibz
07-07-2010, 06:42 AM
http://newsroom.calgary.ca/pr/calgary/fatal-motor-vehicle-collision-161639.aspx

Crazy

dirtsniffer
07-07-2010, 06:53 AM
green integra? guys probably a member
rip, even if he was being very careless

Mskye
07-07-2010, 07:18 AM
They say he was drinking on the radio.. Shame.

Tik-Tok
07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
:clap:

Darwinism strikes again, and this time no innocents were hurt! He won't be risking anyone else's lives anymore.

Oh, and if you think I'm being callous, fuck you, how would you like to be around a moron like that when he's drunk and speeding?

masoncgy
07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Unfortunate, but at least no one else was hurt.

Kritafo
07-07-2010, 08:23 AM
they also said they believe the car may have been stolen.

dsr7723
07-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
green integra? guys probably a member
rip, even if he was being very careless

Very unfortunate nonetheless but I hardly think beyonders are models of safety on the road.

C_Dave45
07-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Darwinism strikes again, and this time no innocents were hurt! He won't be risking anyone else's lives anymore.

Oh, and if you think I'm being callous, fuck you, how would you like to be around a moron like that when he's drunk and speeding?

x2. One less fucking moron out there to kill innocents. This wasn't just a careless accident. The guy was FLYING down Canyon meadows....

I was on Canyon Meadows Dr. near MacLeod Trail at that time, when a car shot by me like I was standing still; it was swaying and rocking like it was barely in control. I have seen plenty of crazy speeding people on the Deerfoot and this was in another league. It scared the crap out of me as the driver swerved in front of my car just to show off. The next thing I know, I am at the intersection with Bow Bottom and I can see what looks like an inferno of two intersected cars with all these folks trying to help out. My heart goes out to any innocent bystanders.

I'd put this guy in the same class as the cement truck driver, D Tschetter

alloroc
07-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by dsr7723

Very unfortunate nonetheless but I hardly think beyonders are models of safety on the road.

Speak for yourself,
I am very safe.

D'z Nutz
07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Well, at least it's not garbage bags the magpies will be picking at for the next little while.

masoncgy
07-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by dsr7723

Speak for yourself.

sputnik
07-07-2010, 09:05 AM
He was a chill guy.

dezmarez
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

x2. One less fucking moron out there to kill innocents. This wasn't just a careless accident. The guy was FLYING down Canyon meadows....

I'd put this guy in the same class as the cement truck driver, D Tschetter

Where did you get that quote from?

Crazy, thank god no one else was hurt.

Integra10
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

x8979798798797

Atleast he won't be putting people's lives in dager like that anymore.

Kennyredline
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM

X2
I wish all the fucking drunks took themselves out like this, the "justice system" sure as fuck won't do it.

Cos
07-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
He was a chill guy.

Haha awesome

Bye bye asshat, glad that someone wasn't around. Another vehicle would have been fucked up, imagine a pedestrian or a bike!

dandia89
07-07-2010, 10:23 AM
it seems that tik-tok has to play devils advocate and just create some controversy in every thread he posts in

HK2NR
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
He was a chill guy.

haha reading that and looking at your avatar cracks me up

Tik-Tok
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by dandia89
it seems that tik-tok has to play devils advocate and just create some controversy in every thread he posts in

I post what I believe, if it goes against your grain, so be it.

CUG
07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
it seems that tik-tok has to play devils advocate and just create some controversy in every thread he posts in He's allowed to. This is an internet forum.

zipdoa
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Shitty situation - I would hesitate to applaud his passing though. We have all made poor decisions in our lives, most of us are just lucky enough to have survived them.

masoncgy
07-07-2010, 01:10 PM

Hmmm... it would seem the vast majority agree with him in this thread.

I bet if this loser smoked one of your loved ones you would be singing a different tune. Remember that.

Crymson
07-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Was just watching the news at the gym over lunchtime. Closed captioning was on, so there may have been mistakes, but it sounded like the driver was over at a friends house and was wasted. The friend was trying to call him a cab, when the driver took the friend's keys and peeled away from his house. Buddy went after him and caught up with the driver at the accident in time to record the ball of fire that was his car and his friend.

Tik-Tok
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Within minutes, the owner of the car, Eric McCarthy, arrived at the crash scene.

McCarthy says the victim was an acquaintance.

"I was in the washroom and my keys were gone, and all I heard were tires screeching and the guy stole my car," said McCarthy.

McCarthy says the man appeared very drunk, and McCarthy was trying to call a cab for him when he stole the car.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100707/CGY_fatal_crash_100706/20100707/?hub=CalgaryHome

Tomaz
07-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Buh Buh Buh "another one bites the dust"

Good to know dumb shit like this is still happening, and will continue to happen.

Scope951
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Shitty situation - I would hesitate to applaud his passing though. We have all made poor decisions in our lives, most of us are just lucky enough to have survived them.

this.

nobody is a winner here, all around a burden on society.
Still no grounds for cheering for his death.

Tomaz
07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes, we (as people in general) have made mistakes. I have no right to say that I am anywhere close to perfect.

However...

-Drunk
-Stolen Car
-Grotesque amounts of speed
-ZERO control
-Delivering car into a blazing inferno
-Having no morals to endanger the public with these acts

This is much more than blatant stupidity, this is wordless...

The passing of any life is a tragedy. Having nobody else taken out by this person is miraculous and should be celebrated as such.

RIP and good riddance.

Crymson
07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Kind of agree with Tomaz.

Yeah, i've done stupid stuff we all have, but hte WORST possible consequences were mabey a rolled ankle or busted arm. I have enough sense that if FIERY DEATH is a consequence, no matter how wasted i am, I tend to decide against that course of action.

alloroc
07-07-2010, 03:27 PM

No controversy.

We pretty much all agree with him.

Canucks3322
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I might have a little sympathy for this sorry sack of shit if he was younger, maybe like 18 or something because even at that age, you're still stupid enough...but 25, please, Calgary is a much better place today because this loser is dead.......glad no one innocent got hurt.

MGCM
07-07-2010, 03:40 PM

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100707/CGY_fatal_crash_100706/20100707/?hub=CalgaryHome

So not only was he drunk already and shouldn't be driving but he steals someone car too............I will be the first to admit that in the heat of the moment very bad decisions can be made. But in this case, they were trying to call him a cab already and then he stole someones car and decided to push that car to it's limits and then beyond its limits into a pole. I feel sorry for the guy who had to watch his car burn to the ground with someone he knew inside. Those types of things don't go away easily and can seriously damage a person mentally without proper help. I hope the owner of the Integra who watched the car burn has a good support system around him. The same goes to the family of the driver who died.

And for those who are happy he is dead, shame on you all, if that were one of your close friends or a family member you would NOT be saying such things and would be snapping at anyone who did. Human life is not to be taken so lightly, that is why society is going DOWN THE TUBES. Did anyone ask why he decided to do it? Maybe he's going through a rough time at home and thought he had nothing left to live for. Many ppl go through such incidents and are lucky to come out of it alive, unfortunately for this guy his life ended last night. But his life did not end without having a significant impact on all of us, look at how many ppl are posting in here already. Don't be so quick to judge, take things like this in stride and realize it can happen to anyone, even someone who is close to you.

Masked Bandit
07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
So we've got the name of the owner of the car, I'm surprised the driver's name hasn't come out by now.

CUG
07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
So we've got the name of the owner of the car, I'm surprised the driver's name hasn't come out by now.

Maybe the owner didn't have collision, just theft and fire, and needed the story to jive?

/a-hole

derran.m
07-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
And for those who are happy he is dead, shame on you all, if that were one of your close friends or a family member you would NOT be saying such things and would be snapping at anyone who did. Human life is not to be taken so lightly, that is why society is going DOWN THE TUBES. Did anyone ask why he decided to do it? Maybe he's going through a rough time at home and thought he had nothing left to live for. Many ppl go through such incidents and are lucky to come out of it alive, unfortunately for this guy his life ended last night. But his life did not end without having a significant impact on all of us, look at how many ppl are posting in here already. Don't be so quick to judge, take things like this in stride and realize it can happen to anyone, even someone who is close to you.

+1

Cos
07-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't agree at all, I wouldn't be friends with someone who is that retarded. Also if one of my friends pulled this (let's not even mention hitting or killing someone else) I would be super pissed as that is so irresponsible. You say us being glad he is gone is the reason society is going down the tubes? What about this asshat? Don't you think he may be contributing a bit to society going down the tubes as you so put it?

So not only was he drunk already and shouldn't be driving but he steals someone car too............I will be the first to admit that in the heat of the moment very bad decisions can be made. But in this case, they were trying to call him a cab already and then he stole someones car and decided to push that car to it's limits and then beyond its limits into a pole. I feel sorry for the guy who had to watch his car burn to the ground with someone he knew inside. Those types of things don't go away easily and can seriously damage a person mentally without proper help. I hope the owner of the Integra who watched the car burn has a good support system around him. The same goes to the family of the driver who died.

Tik-Tok
07-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I don't agree at all, I wouldn't be friends with someone who is that retarded. Also if one of my friends pulled this (let's not even mention hitting or killing someone else) I would be super pissed as that is so irresponsible. You say us being glad he is gone is the reason society is going down the tubes? What about this asshat? Don't you think he may be contributing a bit to society going down the tubes as you so put it?

+1

I did have a friend who pulled almost this same stunt. We were IN a cab together leaving the bar, then he suddenly jumps out, just as we were about to go on a green light. The dumb shit decided to drive home, and ended up crashing into a car while doing 120 on Macleod. He lived, and I remained friends with him... up until I heard he drunk drove AGAIN after that. Haven't spoken to him since (6 years ago)

If this asshat did decide to take his own life (which I doubt), he could have done it nice and quietly, instead of risking OTHER PEOPLES LIVES, by drunk driving and racing on highly used roads. I understand some peoples needs to commit suicide, but please, don't risk MY life, and the life of my loved ones while doing it.

I really do feel bad for the guy who owned the car, he didn't do anything wrong, and has to live with this. I know it would affect me a lot, even though he did all he could.

HeyKai
07-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I see cars fly past me all the time with beyond stickers on ther back window .... time wit

Awd-Tsi
07-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I knew him, he was a chill guy
rip

gts_gurl
07-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Read on a friends FB, the driver' name is Pat Cleavau

alloroc
07-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by HeyKai
I see cars fly past me all the time with beyond stickers on ther back window .... time wit

wuznme

beyond_ban
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

wuznme

I wonder if wuznme is bnd4evr.

[Yu]
07-08-2010, 12:20 PM

I wouldn't say I would be happy he is dead, but if I were his freind, I would be embarassed to call this guy a friend after what happened.

Serenity23
07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Wow...After reading all the post about this car accident, i realized i live in a hateful world. I understand that people get mad and pissed off about people who drink and drive and do other stupid shit. That does not mean others should be gratefull that someone passes because of there mistakes. There were several sencere threads and thank you for that. Pat had many people who loved him friends and family. I didn't know Pat as well as others but he was a great guy he did go to my high school.

Reading a lot of these makes me wanna spit on all of you who are thankful that he is dead. We are all not perfect and everyone does make bad decisions. Whoever you guys are, think about if you were the one who knew who he was, yes you may call him an idiot or a moron but death give me a fucking break. All I can say you guys are heartless bitches and that Karma will come and bite you in the ass for saying such a stupid remark.

RIP PAT

Toma
07-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Clearly a BS story.

Everyone knows an Integra cannot go fast enough to hurt anyone.

e31
07-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Drunk driving has been a taboo for many MANY years now, even more so than driving without a seatbelt. Yet we still see stupid people like Pat Cleadouchebag and Daniel Tcshithead breaking the law and betraying the public trust and bringing harm to others.

Like most members have already said, It's not personal but we should be celebrating the fact that there were no innocent people injured.

Say what you want about Pat Cleavau, but he will be getting his pineapple served up backwards in hell.

FraserB
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
If people don't know the dangers that are inherent when you get behind the wheel drunk by now, then they probably shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel.

It is damn lucky he only killed himself and not some innocent bystander with his stupid and criminal behavior. It seems the dumber people are, the harder the lesson they need to learn. Maybe because of this one person will think twice before getting drunk off their ass, stealing a car and wrapping themselves around a pole.

Props to all the emergency workers who have to deal with this nonsense on a continuing basis simply because people have no self control or consideration for others.

TeHashu
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I chilled with him once and he seemed a nice guy, however I do remember him saying he doesn't drink that much because he does stupid shit when he gets drunk. ...wow rip

PremiumRSX
07-15-2010, 10:53 PM
It seems like the friend/acquaintance knew where this guy was going. If anything, he probably should've called the police and a nearby officer could've pulled him over and thus saved this guy's life.

dkatwa
07-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Here in the UK, they are going to change the law so that half a pint of lager will make you over the drink/ drive limit. Makes sense.
In fact, some people are advocating a zero limit.

CUG
07-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by PremiumRSX
It seems like the friend/acquaintance knew where this guy was going. If anything, he probably should've called the police and a nearby officer could've pulled him over and thus saved this guy's life. There's almost a zero chance they would have got to him in time. The call-dispatch-drive time.. no way.

J-D
07-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by dkatwa
Here in the UK, they are going to change the law so that half a pint of lager will make you over the drink/ drive limit. Makes sense.
In fact, some people are advocating a zero limit.

It makes more sense, it's not like most people have a gauge on their BAC carrying around Breathalyzers... (but I doubt a zero limit would have made a difference in this case)

PremiumRSX
07-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by CUG
There's almost a zero chance they would have got to him in time. The call-dispatch-drive time.. no way.

Oh I'm sure they could've...

I've seen multiple police officers (4-6 cruisers?) dispatched to an area in what seemed like maybe only 5-8min.

soobad
07-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Serenity23
Wow...After reading all the post about this car accident, i realized i live in a hateful world. I understand that people get mad and pissed off about people who drink and drive and do other stupid shit. That does not mean others should be gratefull that someone passes because of there mistakes. There were several sencere threads and thank you for that. Pat had many people who loved him friends and family. I didn't know Pat as well as others but he was a great guy he did go to my high school.

Reading a lot of these makes me wanna spit on all of you who are thankful that he is dead. We are all not perfect and everyone does make bad decisions. Whoever you guys are, think about if you were the one who knew who he was, yes you may call him an idiot or a moron but death give me a fucking break. All I can say you guys are heartless bitches and that Karma will come and bite you in the ass for saying such a stupid remark.

RIP PAT

Read whole thread, not sure how I feel about this one... Toma, LOL.

People like "Serenity23" need to recognize that his decision isn't just "stupid" or "moron" though... it's pretty far past even flagrantly irresponsible.

I mean, the guy hit a pole on a street leading to an inferno. How easily could that have been another car full of Dad, Mom and 3 kids? Or Grandma and Grandpa? How easily could he have killed a couple of pedestrians hitting the crosswalk button at whatever post he hit?

His actions weren't stupid they were tantamount to rolling a dice on not just his life, but potentially the life of a few other innocent random people as well.

I won't celebrate his death like some of the other people on here, but to the rest of you, logic dictates that this guy sealed his own fate and logic clearly dictates that it'd be pretty hard for you to suggest that he didn't get "what he asked for". :dunno:

Canucks3322
07-17-2010, 09:06 AM
People like Serenity123 is exactly what's fucking wrong with the Canadian justice system...."Awww it's ok, we all make mistakes..." :banghead:

Serenity23
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
People like Serenity123 is exactly what's fucking wrong with the Canadian justice system...."Awww it's ok, we all make mistakes..." :banghead:

Holy shit I am not saying that making mistakes is ok...ya he was drinking and driving ya i dont feel that bad about his death..BUT I AM NOT GRATEFUL THAT HE DIED!!!....i understand what could have happened and i do thank god that no one else was hurt... but in all it was an idiotic thing to do....being happy that his life has ended no not even close.....

Melinda
07-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Holy shit I am not saying that making mistakes is ok...ya he was drinking and driving ya i dont feel that bad about his death..BUT I AM NOT GRATEFUL THAT HE DIED!!!....i understand what could have happened and i do thank god that no one else was hurt... but in all it was an idiotic thing to do....being happy that his life has ended no not even close.....
Yeah, but what happened if he made it home safe and sound with no accident, no pull over, no nothing? He would have done it again, most people who drink and drive are multiple offenders. I'm not celebrating the loss of a young life, it's tragic that it had to happen at all no matter how it happened in the first place, but he suffered the ultimate consiquence for a very terrible, dangerous and irresponsible decision and as a result, will no longer be a risk to others on the road as a grenade on wheels. I think THAT is why people appear to be 'celebrating' this unfortuneate consiquence.

syeve
07-21-2010, 02:27 PM

I think when you grow up a little bit (no sarcasm intended) you will be thankful that an event such as this happened the way it did. Like Melinda said, it WAS going to happen again and when it did it's quite possible he would have taken out a family with him.

When you start to drive around with babies and kids (I have two small nieces) in the car and you see an asshat driver fly down the road obviously putting everyone’s safety at risk unnecessarily, you might understand.

I am not saying I am glad he is dead, but hey, obvious idiot is obvious.

FiveFreshFish
07-21-2010, 05:06 PM

How would you feel if it was a stranger?

Serenity23
08-20-2010, 02:56 PM
I would still say the same thing....stranger, acquaintance, friend, whomever! Like I said before I understand where everyone is coming from I do not dis-agree but when ppl start saying he deserves to die or start calling him names like hell....I know he was drunk and was idiot behind the wheel but let the guy REST IN PEACE for christ sakes.

Xtrema
08-20-2010, 03:54 PM
I know he was drunk and was idiot behind the wheel but let the guy REST IN PEACE for christ sakes.

Yet you bump it 1 month after and everyone probably forgot about this already. Well done.

Tomaz
08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
As stated:

Originally posted by Xtrema

Yet you bump it 1 month after and everyone probably forgot about this already. Well done.

Good job champ :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
08-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Well obviously getting the last word in, on an internet forum, argument is MUCH more important than actually letting the guy RIP.

inline6turbo
08-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Wow how surreal to bump this today of all days.

I was just informed that my best friend of 15 years just lost her brother in an accident this morning on 14th street and glenmore due to drinking and driving. He was only 20 years old.

May both these young men rest in peace.

I'll see you on the other side Phil, you'll be greatly missed.

C_Dave45
08-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

I was just informed that my best friend of 15 years just lost her brother in an accident this morning on 14th street and glenmore due to drinking and driving. He was only 20 years old.

So sorry Renee. I read about this yesterday, and no names were released, but I was thinking "I wonder what family has just had the rest of their lives turned upside down.."

EvolizePhoto
08-21-2010, 09:03 AM
some of the posts in this thread are so assanine. You are all perfect, aren't you?

dandia89
08-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

I just found out now that I know him, and he was amazing. I'm so bummed out because I saw him a couple days ago, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him since I was busy with work. I wish I took the chance to catch up with him.

RIP big guy