PDA

View Full Version : My frickin face!!!!!! (wisdom teeth..)

88CRX
12-17-2003, 11:17 AM
just got back from getting the wisdom teeth ripped out and my face hurts like a bitch!!!! fawk!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

rc2002
12-17-2003, 11:23 AM
Local anesthetic is insane. Better start loading up on Tylenol3...

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 11:24 AM
wait till tomorrow, nice and swollen and you'll look like a chipmunk :rofl: i got all of mine out when i was 15, and i have a skinny face, i lookd like i was about 300 pounds cause of the size of my face.

oh ya wait till the numing wears off, like he said, get the tylenol 3 ready, and have the blood poor outa your mouth :barf:

YCB
12-17-2003, 11:29 AM
haha. i got mine removed like 3 weeks ago.. it was a killer.. lost so much weight.. hah.. all i ate was soup.. but i went under sedation.. im a pussy. haha :poosie:

Mckenzie
12-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Fuck....I know how it feels...

I just got mine out on Tuesday too. I was so fuckin high when I walked out of the doctors office and later that night when all of the good drugs wore off, I was sooo sore.

2 of them were impacted and he had to cut them in half to get them out.

My face is so sore from all of the pushing and pulling.

Last night I woke up at 3AM and I was so cold I was shaking and my teeth were chattering so hard that I started bleeding everywhere. I put in a t shirt, socks, and two more fleece blankets for a total of five blankets and I was still forzen. I woke up with the worst case of dry mouth too....
:drama: of getting your teeth pulled...

88CRX
12-17-2003, 11:47 AM
ya they wont stop bleeding...... u already am iceing them cause one side started thawing out :banghead: that was fun. and it was before i popped the first pills.

btw... that gass mask they give you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: killer shit:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

YCB
12-17-2003, 11:50 AM
hahah.. i haven't been high for so long.. so i was glad i went under sedation. hahah.. just leave those cotton things in there as long as u can...

did they stitch it up??

Mckenzie
12-17-2003, 12:03 PM
I didnt get a gas mask.....I was awake the whole time.

And they stitched me up. I thought I chewed them out last night in my sleep.

My step-dads brother is a Dentist in Lethbridge so we drove down there yesterday. I wanted to get someone I could trust doing my teeth.

The sweetest thing was that I got to listen to Led Zeppelin on the PA while he was doing my teeth. :thumbsup:

YCB
12-17-2003, 12:06 PM
haha yeah.. its good to get them stitched.. if not then it bleeds for ever. and u get food stuck in there.. good way to scare away people... :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
12-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Mine still haven't even began to come out yet, and i'm almost 22....Is that normal?

YCB
12-17-2003, 12:11 PM
mine didn't come out.. and im 19.. but it was "forming" in the xray.. its better to get it out when its like that before the roots form.. then u will actually die from the pain

B17a
12-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Mine still haven't even began to come out yet, and i'm almost 22....Is that normal?

You evidently are not that wise!:D

Weapon_R
12-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by B17a

You evidently are not that wise!:D

Apparently not :D

Maybe I should take an x-ray or something

Ajay
12-17-2003, 12:20 PM

:werd: I'm in the same boat....I'm 22 and no sign of wisdom teeth yet. I heard not everyone has to have their wisdom teeth pulled.

B17a
12-17-2003, 12:22 PM
It's no big thing, if your jaw fits it, then the teeth can come in fine. My suspicions are that this is another dentist trick to milk more money, I swear, they're worse than the slimiest of auto mechanics. We all get them pulled out yet I haven't met anyone who has not had them out who has problems.:dunno:

88CRX
12-17-2003, 12:28 PM
all i had was a bunch of frozen peas to use as an ice pack..... seemed like a good idea but now the smell of thawing peas is making me want to puke.

:barf:

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 12:29 PM

Holy Fawk, mine came out when i was 15....maybe i'm the one whose not normal :eek:

Moonracer
12-17-2003, 12:33 PM
I didn't have mine out til I was 28! They pulled them out pretty easily eccept for one.....lower left, the doc was pulling and pulling but my tooth wouldn't come out. Now the bad news, she reclined my chair a bit more and got out the big pliers...:eek: Then she put a leg up for leverage...lol I just said to myself, suck it up princess! Finally it came out and what a relief I could let go of the chair I was squeezing the life out of. What a great experience :nut:

rx7girlie
12-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by B17a
haven't met anyone who has not had them out who has problems.:dunno:

If I hadn't gotten my teeth out I'm sure I would have had problems. They were coming in almost perpendicular to my other teeth! It freakin hurt, granted, I did wait too long to get them out. Plus, coming in so slanted, they were starting to make my bottom teeth shift!

When the dentist was done getting one side out, he asked if he should finish the other, or rebook.. I was like ... finish now!! lol

B17a
12-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by rx7girlie

If I hadn't gotten my teeth out I'm sure I would have had problems. They were coming in almost perpendicular to my other teeth! It freakin hurt, granted, I did wait too long to get them out. Plus, coming in so slanted, they were starting to make my bottom teeth shift!

When the dentist was done getting one side out, he asked if he should finish the other, or rebook.. I was like ... finish now!! lol

I stand corrected. That sounds nasty. Mine were coming in straight and I had no pains so I don't understand what the problem was.

littledan
12-17-2003, 12:50 PM
they smashed my upper wisdom teeth with a bfh... knocked them into my nasal cavity and sucked them out with a straw... that really sucked! they even ripped my mouth wider by a 1/2"... ah fuck bad memories...! *curls into fetal position*

GTS Jeff
12-17-2003, 01:30 PM
holy shit i feel bad for u guys! i dont have wisdom teeth at all hahaha.

Shaolin
12-17-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm 24 and I got mine out about 3 months ago.

I had a good doctor though, no swelling and it didn't hurt at all.

max_boost
12-17-2003, 01:54 PM
I was lucky when I got my upper ones extracted. Apparently the it had already grown out and it was like a regular extraction, didn't hurt at all! I went to go work out and out for drinks after. It was awesome!

88CRX
12-17-2003, 02:35 PM
holy fuck!!!!! the freezing is coming out..... luckily its only one side throbing:dunno:

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 02:38 PM
not for long :rofl:

88CRX
12-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
not for long :rofl:

:guns:

fast_cars
12-17-2003, 03:38 PM
damn!!
sorry to hear about that bro!!

spike98
12-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Mine came out awsome! I went to lethbridge and got put under. It IS worth the wait to get put under. Then when they open your jaw you muscles don't fight and you wont bruse and swell hardly at all. Also anothing thing i recomend is to go out after the procedure and get the BIGGEST freakin milkshake you can get your hands on. It reduces the swelling TONNES! I had DQ put 2 X-large ones into a tub and chowed down on that! No straws though.

I was out that night drinkin and party'in all night long!

The lady at Toys R Us must have thought i was a retard! Running around the store playing with toys, high on morphine, drooling all over and bleeding from the sides of my mouth!

It was a good time!

4wheeldrift
12-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Some people never need to get them removed. Mine were going to push out two of my molars if they came in, so I had to get them out. The 3 days immediately afterwards were some of the worst in my life, the pain was unbearable.

88CRX
12-17-2003, 06:47 PM
already had 2 large milkshakes from dq :thumbsup:

bleeding finally stoped but half my face is still numb, makes it a bitch to eat. you never know if your actually getting it in your mouth:D

finboy
12-17-2003, 08:16 PM
i'm having mine out friday, getting put under. 1 of the bottom ones is impacting, so they have to break that one up. i'm hoping i can be at the wrecker for the next day, there are shelby brakes out there and my buddies lancer needs some big brakes

:D

Moonracer
12-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Can you imagine living back in the caveman days??? :banghead: Ooooooh the pain you'd have to live with.

4wheeldrift
12-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Can you imagine living back in the caveman days??? :banghead: Ooooooh the pain you'd have to live with. Actually, back that far the odds were pretty damn good that you wouldn't live long enough for it to be a problem ;) But yeah, I know in my case if they weren't removed I would have been one unhappy camper for an extended period.

YCB
12-17-2003, 11:35 PM
haha i just got my bill today.. 7 billz..

Moonracer
12-17-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Actually, back that far the odds were pretty damn good that you wouldn't live long enough for it to be a problem ;) But yeah, I know in my case if they weren't removed I would have been one unhappy camper for an extended period.

True but if you didn't die young you'd wanna kill yourself...

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 11:53 PM
I'm sure they found a way...tie a little rope to a bolder, then tie themselves to there pet wolymammoth(sp), push bolder over a clif, and hope the rope holds to the mammoth, that probably ripped it out :rofl:

then again they might have just ripped it out somehow, or chissled it out :eek: , sends chills up my spine.

SAiamNE
12-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Just got mine out yesterday after 2 hours!! They spent 45min on one freakin tooth!! My face looks like a fat ass chipmunk!!

itsnotaDUB
12-18-2003, 05:15 PM
yep had mine out last year, no pain or even much swelling... i guess i got off lucky

nismodrifter
12-18-2003, 05:17 PM
i put the two "frickin face" threads together for your wisdom teeth story posting convenience :D

KoukiS14
12-18-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
yep had mine out last year, no pain or even much swelling... i guess i got off lucky

:werd:

I had minimal swelling and no real pain, more discomfort than anything. All 4 of mine were impacted too. Guess i was fortunate as well. NO SOUP FOR ME!!

88CRX
12-18-2003, 06:40 PM
fuckin bloody hell

one side is fucked up. swollen like a biotch:thumbsdow

Primer_Drift
12-19-2003, 01:15 AM
When I had mine removed it was a general anesthetic (bad idea btw) 2 were impacted badly.. I woke up, tried to sit up but couldn't move, then to make it worse I puked right away, then kept losing my clots = (LOTS of) blood for dayz.. I feel for ya man, I think we all do hehe

max_boost
12-19-2003, 01:17 AM
You know what else was weird? The day I got my wisdoms out, later in the day I was at bubblemania eating chicken wings and their chicken & rice haha:thumbsup:

I must be an odd case;)

Gondi Stylez
12-19-2003, 01:18 AM
well im goin under cuz im gettin all 4 of my wisdome teeth out next month on the 16!! hopefully all goes well and no horror stories!!

Primer_Drift
12-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
You know what else was weird? The day I got my wisdoms out, later in the day I was at bubblemania eating chicken wings and their chicken & rice haha:thumbsup:

I must be an odd case;)

Haha hope it wasn't hot wings.. I would think that would sting..

finboy
12-19-2003, 02:19 AM

I must be an odd case;)

BASTARD, i hope i can eat after tommorow :(

88CRX
12-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by finboy

good fucking luck.... my jaw is so dam stiff :thumbsdow

looks like ive been beat up cause only the one side is swollen.

remember, lots of ice

Mckenzie
12-19-2003, 12:21 PM
I have been icing the shit out of my face for the last three days....

Advice: Get a hoody with a tight fitting hood, and you can throw two vegetable bags in there and walk around without holding them. ;)

Last night I got some action from my GF and that was the worst thing ever. I got all sick and nautious from the physical activity. I wanted to curl up into a corner and die I was soo hurt.

I am feeling better today though. I think I may be able to use my teeth to chew something.

6thGen.TUNER
12-19-2003, 05:47 PM
gotta get mine out on monday getiing put to sleep though:zzz: :confused:

finboy
12-19-2003, 06:56 PM
well apperantly mine were out in 5 minutes, and i've been biting on guaze for the last few hours.

i've got 3 peter's shakes, but i had half of one and then :barf: so i'm waiting for the bleeding to stop, then eat more milk shake, then pills, and try to hold it down.

apperantly the roots of me teeth were black :dunno: i'll check them out when i'm not so dizzy.

any tips on keeping the milkshakes down? no point in waisting a perfectly good shake

finboy
12-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by 6thGen.TUNER
gotta get mine out on monday getiing put to sleep though:zzz: :confused:

good luck

ryder_23
12-19-2003, 07:10 PM
well apperantly mine were out in 5 minutes, and i've been biting on guaze for the last few hours.

i've got 3 peter's shakes, but i had half of one and then :barf: so i'm waiting for the bleeding to stop, then eat more milk shake, then pills, and try to hold it down.

apperantly the roots of me teeth were black :dunno: i'll check them out when i'm not so dizzy.

any tips on keeping the milkshakes down? no point in waisting a perfectly good shake

I didnt eat first day, cause i couldnt keep anything down, my body doesnt like being put to sleep, so i just waited till the next day. But you could try taking some peto pills or liquid, and after 20 minutes try eating/drinking.

88CRX
12-19-2003, 07:32 PM
weird... i've kept everything down...

I've had like 6 milkshakes since wednesday and atlest 5 packs of mac and cheese :D

btw, Wendy's frosty's seem to work the best :thumbsup:

I even had McDonalds for lunch today (that was fun :D) Chewing only with front teeth, haha. But ya, there small burgers are real.... um.... mushy i guess, easy to chew :dunno:

6thGen.TUNER
12-19-2003, 07:57 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
mmmmmmmmmmm... wendys frosties mmmmmmmmmmm.....

finboy
12-19-2003, 09:21 PM
anesthetic has worn off, no pain so far.

i iced the jaw for an hour while using gause, and i just polished off a big bowl of jello.

honestly, i feel like i can go out tonight but i'm not going to chance it. i'm going to see if i can go without medication, going good so far, just a little stiff.

Primer_Drift
12-19-2003, 09:44 PM
I had no pain really until the 2nd or 3rd day.. maybe you will luck out and have none

finboy
12-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
I had no pain really until the 2nd or 3rd day.. maybe you will luck out and have none

i didn't want to hear that :(

i don't think it will get much worse, all four teeth came out easily, no breaking or anything.

damn i'm hungry, i'm gonna go get some eating material

Mckenzie
12-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Watch out when you suck too hard.... you can dislodge the blod clots on your sores and it will cause a dry socket. It is supposed to be incredibly painful.

88CRX
12-19-2003, 10:34 PM
fuck.... dont do anything... i thought i was doing alright so i went out and did shit today :thumbsdow holy shit.... now i have a fever and my body hurts :thumbsdow

just take it easy

4wheeldrift
12-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Watch out when you suck too hard.... you can dislodge the blod clots on your sores and it will cause a dry socket. It is supposed to be incredibly painful. Incredibly painful dosn't begin to do it justice :banghead:

88CRX
12-19-2003, 11:19 PM
Incredibly painful dosn't begin to do it justice :banghead:
how do i know if ive done this or not? cause i was fine then all of a sudden my face :eek:

SAiamNE
12-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Just got mine out Wednesday and the swelling is just starting to settle down tonight. They were suppose to have all 4 ripped out in an hour but they spent a good 45 min on one of the tooth's. Hardest tooth he has had to pull out in 26 years! Totel time took a little under 2 hours. Wasn't to painful, just the swelling sucks and not being able to eat any decent food. :thumbsdow

4wheeldrift
12-19-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

how do i know if ive done this or not? cause i was fine then all of a sudden my face :eek: Believe me, you'll know. I found that after the anaesthetic wore off, it hurt a lot and my face was swollen. But if you expose one of the sockets and it dries out you'll know instantly, it will feel like someone is taking a welding torch to your mouth.

88CRX
12-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Believe me, you'll know. I found that after the anaesthetic wore off, it hurt a lot and my face was swollen. But if you expose one of the sockets and it dries out you'll know instantly, it will feel like someone is taking a welding torch to your mouth.

so when this happens what should i do?

and what exactly happens to for a so called "dry socket"?

finboy
12-20-2003, 12:11 AM
holes feel like they are getting smaller already, i think i'll try solid food tommorow :D

pick your part, here i come :burnout: :burnout:

max_boost
12-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

Haha hope it wasn't hot wings.. I would think that would sting..

haha it was!!! no stinging at all

yah my extractions were like regular ones, absolutely painless, i was so scared after hearing all these horror stories so i pushed off my procedure for like 9 months!!! and after it was done in 15mins, I'm like "THAT'S IT!??!!" ahhaha

4wheeldrift
12-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

so when this happens what should i do?

and what exactly happens to for a so called "dry socket"? Get your ass back to the dentist ASAP. They need to put a medicated dressing on it to get it to heal again, and it needs to be changed very frequently (daily). A dry socket isn't very serious, but it delays healing and it can be a source of infection (not a good thing, if your jaw gets infected you have BIG problems).

finboy
12-20-2003, 11:57 AM

haha it was!!! no stinging at all

yah my extractions were like regular ones, absolutely painless, i was so scared after hearing all these horror stories so i pushed off my procedure for like 9 months!!! and after it was done in 15mins, I'm like "THAT'S IT!??!!" ahhaha

same here, holes are almost completly covered over now, i think something more than kraft dinner tonight, mmmm, mcdonalds :drool:

6thGen.TUNER
12-22-2003, 06:40 PM
:eek: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :eek:
got mine out today and i had a reaction to the gas i wasnt waking up and it took 2 hours for them to wake me up they had to stick the longest fawking tube down my nose and throat fawking sucks:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

SAiamNE
12-22-2003, 07:21 PM
I give a big :thumbsdow to all the girls that had to get put to sleep.. HAHA.. Pussys!!!! :poosie:

T5_X
12-22-2003, 09:53 PM
LOL, remember this thread? http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16436

civiclvr
12-22-2003, 10:39 PM
HEY!!! this is sweet! i just got home from getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out! 3 impacted as hell!! so yeah my face hurts like a biatch! swollen on one side. damn hospital anyways took forever for them to knock me out!! 3 full syringes of something lol and i had to get knocked out! i lost a chuck of my jaw on one side and the other 2 impacted ones had to be broken in 3 and removed.. last one was easy! so yeah i'm gonna go nap now cause i just fell asleep at the comp and mom woke me up!.... now my face hurts even more.. lol well g'night all!

Gondi Stylez
01-16-2004, 05:39 PM
well i got home from gettin my wisdom teeth taken out at about 11 and i feel asleep right away!! my mouth is still pretty damn numb and i dont have too much swelling, but im not allowed to eat any "hot" foods till 2omorrow, but i think i should be good to go to school on monday, cant miss the 9am class or im gonnabe screwed!!! well lets see how its goes all ive had to eat so far is a tim hortons ice cap. (eaten w/ a spoon) and a frosty!! mmmmm.... im waiting for the jello to set up then i can polish off my big bowl of that! well im tired again.. back to sleep!!

ps - damn guaze is a bitch while ur sleepin, but ive had frozen peas on my face and tonz of cold food, so i think ill be ok, and my bleeding has gone down quite a bit!! :thumbsup:

silverEL
01-16-2004, 05:40 PM
mine are due to come out too :thumbsdow

hockeybronx
02-20-2004, 12:45 AM
I feel for you man, I haven't got mine out yet but my days are numbered.

Definetely worried about the pounds I'll lose during that time, going to have to load up on the protein shakes and somehow try to stay active:drama:

MK3HKS
02-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by silverEL
mine are due to come out too :thumbsdow

:werd: me2:(

nismodrifter
02-20-2004, 03:44 AM
I think mine are goin to be alright, went to the dentist couple weeks ago and he says they are coming in fine, as long as I have no pain then they can stay muahaha