PDA

View Full Version : How do I control my windows with Compustar?

Mar
07-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I've got auxiliary outputs on my Compustar alarm, I was wondering how I could use those to power my windows up/down. I'm guessing it sends out a low power pulse so I'd need another module to actually send the power to the window. How would I do it?

futurecivic
07-07-2010, 10:31 PM
viper carries a module for it its either a viper 530t or viper 531 i believe

alpineguy
07-07-2010, 11:47 PM
there are extra module's that you need to make that work.

teknique
07-13-2010, 09:12 AM
you dont need any module to do it. you need 2 relays per window per direction. and because you have a compustar you have the option of the remote to output for as long as the aux is held on the remote. its really simple to do but requires you to go into the door of each window you want to do. i can do this for you for $50 per window if you are in edmonton or leduc. if you want to tackle it yourself i can draw up a diagram that will show you how to do it.

Mar
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by teknique
you dont need any module to do it. you need 2 relays per window per direction. and because you have a compustar you have the option of the remote to output for as long as the aux is held on the remote. its really simple to do but requires you to go into the door of each window you want to do. i can do this for you for $50 per window if you are in edmonton or leduc. if you want to tackle it yourself i can draw up a diagram that will show you how to do it.

Yes, please. I'm already installing the power windows so the doors are already taken apart and wires everywhere. 12 volt relays are about $10 a piece at electronics stores, anyone know where to get 4 cheap ones?