PDA

View Full Version : need help with door dinger!!!

rampagesauce
07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
so i park in the north hill parking lot every morning, by the safeway. recently ive gotten 2 door dings. one was a paintless ding, the other left paint.

i parked beside this blue hyundai in the morning, i was in the center of the stall, and i get off work to find this blue gouge. next morning that same hyundai is parked farther away, 20 or so stalls all by itself and its door is missing paint... what can i do about this, just suck it up and pay for it? parking lot has no cameras either :(

this car dinged mine:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/atbader/1007070610002.jpg
their door missing paint:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/atbader/1007070610000.jpg
my door with their paint after i rubbed some off:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/atbader/1007070610001.jpg

Dilmah
07-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Find the driver, get a discription. Get a friend of yours to write you a note that gives the car make, model, lic plate and a discription of the driver. Then go confront him and tell him you are being nice by talking to him, if it was him he'll most likely give in and pay up. If not tell him you'll be go to the police with the note that was left on your car and they can deal with it... If that doesn't work then key his car when he's gone, he'll know it was you but won't be able to prove anything.
I personaly take a picture of any cars that are parked beside me and when I come back to my car I do a little inspection, I also have a camera in the car that I point towards the door just in case no to mention the car alarm should go off if someone hits my car. So far nothing, but one day...

Mskye
07-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Wait for the driver and tell them you know they hit your car and get them to pay.

ringmaster
07-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Ding him back. :closed:

arian_ma
07-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Dilmah
I personaly take a picture of any cars that are parked beside me and when I come back to my car I do a little inspection, I also have a camera in the car that I point towards the door just in case no to mention the car alarm should go off if someone hits my car. So far nothing, but one day...
:rofl: Jesus man, it must take you a half hour to park your car!!!

Shlade
07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

it does the job atleast!

I parked my car at the gym to only come outside to find it "keyed" on the driver quarter panel! I went ballistic and was ready to go on a hunting spree.

Turns out it wasnt keyed but some probable fat faggot walked inbetween my car and something cought and ended up brushing against my car leaving a nice long white mark. Ended up polishing out no problem but still.

The whole principle is respect another persons prized posession.

Biggest pet peeve I have is when i park far away from any other cars in the lot and when I come outside from the grocery store the biggest pos' are parked beside me.

Reminds me of seeing a Ferarri F430 pull into chinook pull away from as many cars as possible walk inside to go to the resteraunt, Crappy toyota corola parks beside it, Opens the door and scratches the side of the Ferarri. Located the owner tho and made sure the fucker who ran off after doing that got (hopefully) what he deserved!

freshprince1
07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
If there's an open spot beside a nice car, I'll usually take it (unless they've parked out away from everyone else) because I'm pretty sure the likelihood of them dinging my door is low. Plus, I'm extremely careful to never ding anyone's door so they get added protection as well.

Anonymous door dings FTL.

rampagesauce
07-08-2010, 05:36 PM
ding him back? so i have more damage?

ill probably just do the note thing and see what i can do. figured this was a pointless cause but thanks everyone.

01RedDX
07-08-2010, 05:42 PM

Thateg6there
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
haha park next to nice cars cuase you know they wont ding you . but you should really go and tell the guy you know he hit you. evedence is the missing pant and the paint thats there.. what can he say

rampagesauce
07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
the car is there in the morning before i get there, and gone when i come back, so im not wasting a days worth of work just to bitch.

plus i saw in another thread that door dings are only like 180-300$ so ill just pay that. easier with less hassle.

...though i am tempted to scratch in his paint " caution i ding doors!" haha

manderson
07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
It's a Hyundai mang. Come on

b.mm.3wgirl
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
North Hill Safeway is the worst, my mom got her car dinged a few times as well.
ALWAYS park farther, it's much more worth it.

2Valve0
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
How bout you not park there anymore?
that's what i would do but i guess i have more than half a brain.

[Yu]
07-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0

Really??? damn.... I sure as hell can't tell from the posts you typically whip up.

FraserB
07-10-2010, 06:10 PM

Probably works near there since he parks there every morning.

Dumbass.:banghead:

2Valve0
07-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Probably works near there since he parks there every morning.

Dumbass.:banghead:

Well if your parking in the same spot and you got door dings twice you'd think you'd find somewhere else to park.

Thats like going to a restaurant for food and 2 times you get shitty food but you go back a third time expecting different results.

Your the dumbass. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Dilmah
07-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

What makes you think it takes me so long to park?. i park like everyone else .

PulsePro
07-11-2010, 02:10 AM

he was referring to Shlade with his car gizmos noob lol :D

TomcoPDR
07-11-2010, 02:39 AM
I always thought about an invention where it's electrically charges your vehicle, when another vehicle (metal) impacts it, it'll send 1,000,000 volts of electric shock (harmless to humans) and disabling the door dinger's electrical system.

(i.e. think of electromagnetic pulse guns, etc...)

But, I, myself am only talking about this hypothetically.

Dilmah
07-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by PulsePro

he was referring to Shlade with his car gizmos noob lol :D

So he quotes what I posted and is referring to what someone else has posted? I'm not very smart when it comes to this internet thing soĦ_. I don't get it, please explain!:dunno:

Vanner
07-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, these door dings ... that is something many of us have to deal with. Public parking lots where we go for shopping have too many idiots who don't have respect for other driver's cars side to side.

That's why I have a daily beater for the use to my work or to shopping. I still make sure I don't "ding" their doors when I get in or out. Whatever got dinged on my beater - I don't get freaked out.

But there is one pet peeve about parking spaces - it's the idiot drivers who parked too close to one yellow line in either side! That action don't leave me space to get into my driver door! They should learn to center their vehicle properly to give other drivers enough space to get into their vehicles.

One time BOTH cars were parked too close to mine in both sides ... LOL. That happened at Chinook Mall some few years ago.

Modelexis
07-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Your the dumbass. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Your the winnar! :nut:

arian_ma
07-12-2010, 10:38 AM

Hahaha I was just kidding