PDA

View Full Version : Is this even legal?

Pages : [1] 2

whiskas
07-07-2010, 05:54 PM
The bumper cleared the top of my car completely. Is there a limit to high high you can jack a truck?

http://imgur.com/DKngO.jpg

Alberta :facepalm: My S2000 is more practical than this abortion, I don't need a cherry picker to load my trunk.

Tik-Tok
07-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Bumpers
62(1) A passenger car shall be equipped with a front and rear
bumper.
(2) No person shall install or alter a bumper on a passenger car
unless the design of the bumper is equivalent to, and the bumper is
mounted in substantially the same manner as, the bumper installed
by the manufacturer of the passenger car.
RSA 1980 cH-7 s62
Height of bumpers
63(1) No person shall alter a passenger car so that the main
structural component of a bumper is more than 50 centimetres or
less than 40 centimetres above ground level when the passenger car
is unloaded.
(2) A bumper that has at least 6.25 centimetres of projected
vertical facing within the height restriction referred to in subsection
(1) when viewed in elevation is deemed to comply with that
subsection.
(3) For the purpose of subsections (1) and (2), components that are
commonly known as bumperettes or overriders are not part of the
main structural component of a bumper or of the projected vertical
facing.
(4) Subsection (1) does not apply to passenger cars manufactured
before April 1, 1976 but no person shall alter such a car so that the
bumper is more than 10 centimetres higher or lower than it was at
the time the car was manufactured.

whiskas
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
So what can I do about these dicks? Dial the nonemergency number and report their plate?

Neil4Speed
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
So what can I do about these dicks? Dial the nonemergency number and report their plate?

I think that's a good idea. I mean, seriously, what if this guy hit you at an intersection, fucking monster truck madness

Pollywog
07-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I would. A truck that high and retarded would easily kill you if you were T-boned. Axles, steering, and suspension components don't have much of a "crumple zone" to speak of...

beyond_ban
07-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I think i see that guy regularly around crowfoot. If he threw monster truck tires on there it would literally be a monster truck.

Aleks
07-07-2010, 06:45 PM
While I think that POS should be removed from the road even a regular stance half ton T boning an S2K would not be pretty. This thing would probably just drive over it and flip over :banghead:

diamondedge
07-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Same guy? Spotted Monday.

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn453/zDiamonDEdGe_/DSC00190.jpg

Notice the 350Z behind him, yikes

Unknown303
07-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

I would. A truck that high and retarded would easily kill you if you were T-boned. Axles, steering, and suspension components don't have much of a "crumple zone" to speak of...

Those axles would definitely stop you though, saving you from being ran over by the rest of that monster truck.

tehwegz
07-07-2010, 06:49 PM
unnecessary, obvious d-bag...

do it. can't stand lifted trucks unless its for something practical. lowered trucks are even worse.

g-m
07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
if he lived outside of bragg creek... But in a busy city of 1 million people? I'd report it. My car comes up to my waist, I would definitely not want to be hit by that ridiculous thing.

theken
07-07-2010, 07:37 PM
so u say lifting a truck is stupid yet lowering a truck is also stupid, i think lowering a car is stupid but what can you do.

Cody D
07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by theken
so u say lifting a truck is stupid yet lowering a truck is also stupid, i think lowering a car is stupid but what can you do.

Lowering a car won't kill other people on the road quite as quickly as a lifted truck.

Unknown303
07-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Cody D

Lowering a car won't kill other people on the road quite as quickly as a lifted truck.

It could if your a pedestrian. Your bumper and general vehicle design also takes into account smacking people walking around. And if you lower your car your going to launch a person like that deer getting pegged by that F1 or whatever that video was.. :rofl:

bspot
07-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Raised trucks without lowered bumpers scare the shit out of me.

Unknown303
07-07-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm sitting in here to argue against everyone or anything but imagine how funny lowered cars with raised bumpers would look. :rofl:

FraserB
07-07-2010, 10:36 PM
This is a legal bumper, you still have the same problem that it will decapitate you when you t-boned or mangle a pedestrian. In Calgary there are large amount of trucks that fall into the legal section of the TSA, do you want to remove them from the road because they pose a danger to small cars? If you want to go by the letter of the law quoted, all the Beyonders with low cars are breaking the law as well since the structural member is closer than 40 cm to the ground.

I check at the local cop shop when it was installed and asked about that section, I was told it applies to cars, not trucks. He should be shot for the body lift on that things though.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/fraserbrown1986/DSCF1184.jpg

Cody D
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I like your Jeep. (I'm assuming it's yours)

ddduke
07-07-2010, 10:49 PM

Really? You have nothing better to do then report trucks that are lifted? I should start reporting every lowered honda I see.

This guy lives in the springbank area and I see him everyday, I also agree that his truck looks like shit. But give me a break.

You're the definition of the pussification of America. You probably made your son sit down to pee when potty training him.

FraserB
07-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Cody D
I like your Jeep. (I'm assuming it's yours)

Thanks:) It was my last one, that bumper saved my life when I piled into a tree at 60 kph, walked out with not a scratch. There are some pics on here somewhere.

Kennyredline
07-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

Really? You have nothing better to do then report trucks that are lifted? I should start reporting every lowered honda I see.

This guy lives in the springbank area and I see him everyday, I also agree that his truck looks like shit. But give me a break.

You're the definition of the pussification of America. You probably made your son sit down to pee when potty training him.
What a shock, one douchebag defending another. Do you see him every day because you're both comparing your tiny dicks? Do you both cry in each others arms because the only thing that you can get up is your suspension? How soon will it be until you're fondling each others truck nuts?

Unknown303
07-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Wow Kenny were you raped by a trucker or something. Sure have some hate there... just saying.

Pollywog
07-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

http://dialmformedia.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/douchebags4-11.jpg

tehwegz
07-08-2010, 12:13 AM
put it this way: lowering a truck is even more stupid. whats the use?

with cars its only stupid because the climate here. dude I know has a lowered '01 Jetta, looks and handles awesome.

maxomilll
07-08-2010, 12:14 AM
juice monkeys

Type_S1
07-08-2010, 12:14 AM
So if all the trucks start getting reported....all the lowered cars do as well :dunno:

Lose-Lose situation. IMO I hate lifted trucks, look like crap and always drive like idiots but why waste the time to report them? My DC5 would be taken off the road if cops followed this law. :nut:

luxor
07-08-2010, 12:20 AM
You think CPS would care about this? It's apparently more likely that you will kill someone if you tinted your front windows than lifting your truck that has the ability to decapitate someone in a second.

bspot
07-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
My DC5 would be taken off the road if cops followed this law. :nut:

No it wouldn't, because the cops would hear you call your RSX a DC5 and they'd all be like "Whoa... chassis codes... HK! We don't want no trouble man" and speed off.

v2kai
07-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by g-m
if he lived outside of bragg creek... But in a busy city of 1 million people? I'd report it. My car comes up to my waist, I would definitely not want to be hit by that ridiculous thing.

i think this is the key detail. if you live in a city of 1 million people and drive your crazy ass lifted truck around like a jackass you're a douchebag. If you live in a small town or out in the boonies and actually use it for off-roading or whatever then cool. And there comes a certain point of lifting your vehicle where it's no longer for serving a functional benefit to off-roading, youre just making a guillotine on wheels.

if it starts to become a clear danger to others...it becomes a problem. otherwise to each their own.

:dunno:

D911
07-08-2010, 01:16 AM
looking at the pic that diamondedge posted, that bumper could take the head off of that PT cruiser driver easily before the axle's stopped anything.

SKR
07-08-2010, 08:22 AM
I like how everybody brings up that if you were in car you'd be killed if you collided with a lifted truck, but nobody ever thinks that a guy driving the truck would walk away if some dick in car (yes, dicks drive cars too) blows a red light and t-bones him. Not all accidents and fatalities involving trucks like this are the fault of the truck driver.

Now, of course that's not the reason why anybody lifts their trucks, but it is a nice little bonus to know that you're up above where all the shit is going to go down. If you want to protect yourself and your family from being Jayne Mansfielded on a truck's bumper, buy a truck and get up off the ground.

Aleks
07-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Take away the roids and you have slammed car drivers :poosie:

ddduke
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

What a shock, one douchebag defending another. Do you see him every day because you're both comparing your tiny dicks? Do you both cry in each others arms because the only thing that you can get up is your suspension? How soon will it be until you're fondling each others truck nuts?

Wow, did you even read my post? I didn't defend the guy, I actually said it looks like shit, it's so narrow and tall. Every time I see it, I think it's going to tip over sideways.

All I was getting at was just because you don't like something, you don't have to be a huge pussy/rat and call it in.

You and OP should go and protest infront of tobacco farms because you may get second hand smoke one day and die.

Kennyredline
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Wow Kenny were you raped by a trucker or something. Sure have some hate there... just saying.
I do, don't I? Maybe I should talk to someone about it, but it's a lot more fun to rattle the cage! :rofl:

tentacles
07-08-2010, 09:51 AM
So as long as I report all the lowered Hondas, I can report the lifted trucks then. :confused:

Zero102
07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by SKR
I like how everybody brings up that if you were in car you'd be killed if you collided with a lifted truck, but nobody ever thinks that a guy driving the truck would walk away if some dick in car (yes, dicks drive cars too) blows a red light and t-bones him.

Are you fucking serious? :facepalm:

SKR
07-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

Are you fucking serious? :facepalm:

What's the problem?

beyond_ban
07-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SKR
I like how everybody brings up that if you were in car you'd be killed if you collided with a lifted truck, but nobody ever thinks that a guy driving the truck would walk away if some dick in car (yes, dicks drive cars too) blows a red light and t-bones him. Not all accidents and fatalities involving trucks like this are the fault of the truck driver.

Now, of course that's not the reason why anybody lifts their trucks, but it is a nice little bonus to know that you're up above where all the shit is going to go down. If you want to protect yourself and your family from being Jayne Mansfielded on a truck's bumper, buy a truck and get up off the ground.

What I drive: 2010 GMC Duramax

:facepalm:

Don't feed the troll.

dsr7723
07-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Why don't you go bitch about his truck to his face instead of whining about it on here?

Oh, right. NOW I remember. Those 3 Ginos in the pic, is that the spice boys world tour poster?

SKR
07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

What I drive: 2010 GMC Duramax

:facepalm:

Don't feed the troll.

My truck is as stock as it's ever been. I'm not part of the jacked up truck douchebag group that's being discussed here.

It's not that I don't understand where I am. I get that Beyond isn't particularly friendly to truck owners. But in a collision, when a bumper meets a door, the driver is going to get fucked over. If the bumper goes under the door, the driver won't get fucked over. (Edit: as fucked over.)

I didn't say that lifted trucks were safe or that everyone should run out and buy one. I said that for all the talk about how unsafe they are, there are benefits to not being in the line of fire.

dansmith11
07-08-2010, 11:09 AM
haha thats gotta be the worst handling truck in the world.

what are you car guys so worried about?

you can see that thing coming from a million miles away, and you have 100x more handling and agility.

if your paying even a little bit of attention it should be pretty easy to avoid putting yourself in a situation where that guy can run you over.

the LAST thing we need is more police intervention. you wouldnt appreciate it if cops were hassling you for everything you mod on your car (more so then they already do). so why rat this guy out?

just use your head and avoid putting yourself in a situation where his giant truck can hurt you.. and then everyone can go about their day without being hassled by the man.

Sugarphreak
07-08-2010, 11:27 AM

4lti
07-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by dansmith11

just use your head and avoid putting yourself in a situation where his giant truck can hurt you.

Wut?
Drive on other roads then he is? Plan my day around his days?

Even if your car has better handling, its kinda hard to handle your way through traffic or over curbs. Unlike this guy would run over everything with ease. I bet he could take a light post out.

dansmith11
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 4lti

Wut?
Drive on other roads then he is? Plan my day around his days?

Even if your car has better handling, its kinda hard to handle your way through traffic or over curbs. Unlike this guy would run over everything with ease. I bet he could take a light post out.

its called defensive driving. staying away from him is no different then not driving in a semi trailers blind spot or not crusing right next to a drunk asshole swerving all over the road.

speed up, slow down, change lanes, theres lots of ways to avoid idiots on the road.

if you find yourself in a sitaution where your stuck and cant get away from him, you werent paying enough attention.

a truck that big cant really sneak up on you.

dsr7723
07-08-2010, 01:58 PM
haha thats gotta be the worst handling truck in the world.

what are you car guys so worried about?

you can see that thing coming from a million miles away, and you have 100x more handling and agility.

if your paying even a little bit of attention it should be pretty easy to avoid putting yourself in a situation where that guy can run you over.

the LAST thing we need is more police intervention. you wouldnt appreciate it if cops were hassling you for everything you mod on your car (more so then they already do). so why rat this guy out?

just use your head and avoid putting yourself in a situation where his giant truck can hurt you.. and then everyone can go about their day without being hassled by the man.

AMEN.

Hands down one of the most intelligent posts I've ever seen on this forum. Nice work!:thumbsup: If everybody could adapt this attitude we'd all be better off.

But noooooooooo it's gotta be all about me me me and my high end sports car. You forgot one thing- for the most part redneck truck guys built this province. You me me me fucks just sign the cheques.

whiskas
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dsr7723
You forgot one thing- for the most part redneck truck guys built this province. You me me me fucks just sign the cheques.

Stop shitting up my thread. That has nothing to do with jacked up trucks.

Next time I see this asshole or any other goat fucking redneck in a ridiculously jacked truck I'm phoning it in.

If I need to pay special care when driving around trucks like this then they're obviously a hazard and have no place on the road in the first place.

D911
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by SKR

My truck is as stock as it's ever been. I'm not part of the jacked up truck douchebag group that's being discussed here.

It's not that I don't understand where I am. I get that Beyond isn't particularly friendly to truck owners. But in a collision, when a bumper meets a door, the driver is going to get fucked over. If the bumper goes under the door, the driver won't get fucked over. (Edit: as fucked over.)

I didn't say that lifted trucks were safe or that everyone should run out and buy one. I said that for all the talk about how unsafe they are, there are benefits to not being in the line of fire.

are you fucking serious man? If i were to be an idiot and tbone the gigantic truck, im prettysure the only thing my car will hit is his side steps with my roof and his driveshaft with my bumper. and i honestly doubt he'd get hurt in any way.

reverse that situation and his bumper is flying thru my skull.

The only thing i could MAYBE see happening when i tbone the truck is that it rolls over cuz its center of gravity is so high up. but again thats not my problem cuz he's the one who lifted the truck in the firstplace.

MrSector9
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I love lifted trucks but realistically there is a point that it does become a real safety hazard.

That truck is at that point.

SKR
07-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by D911

are you fucking serious man? If i were to be an idiot and tbone the gigantic truck, im prettysure the only thing my car will hit is his side steps with my roof and his driveshaft with my bumper. and i honestly doubt he'd get hurt in any way.

reverse that situation and his bumper is flying thru my skull.

The only thing i could MAYBE see happening when i tbone the truck is that it rolls over cuz its center of gravity is so high up. but again thats not my problem cuz he's the one who lifted the truck in the firstplace.

Holy flying fuck, how is this still going on? Yes, if you were to be an idiot and t-bone the gigantic truck, the only thing your car would hit is his sidesteps with your roof and his driveshaft with your bumper. He wouldn't get hurt in any way. Which was exactly the goddamn point to begin with. For as unsafe as it is for the car owner, it is more safe for the truck owner to be out of your way when you run into him.

Yes, you in the car will be fucked over worse than if you ran into something the same height as your car. But that's not the truck owner's problem if it's not his fault. What do you think I meant, that your car would just slide through underneath and everyone would go home safely?

MrSector9
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
The only way I could see The guy in the truck being hurt is whiplash OR if the truck was to rollover which is the most likely scenario

bastardchild
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM

its called defensive driving. staying away from him is no different then not driving in a semi trailers blind spot or not crusing right next to a drunk asshole swerving all over the road.

speed up, slow down, change lanes, theres lots of ways to avoid idiots on the road.

if you find yourself in a sitaution where your stuck and cant get away from him, you werent paying enough attention.

Uhh what if he rear ended you? There's really no escape with a friggin dude infront of you...

Kennyredline
07-08-2010, 07:27 PM

AMEN.

Hands down one of the most intelligent posts I've ever seen on this forum. Nice work!:thumbsup: If everybody could adapt this attitude we'd all be better off.

But noooooooooo it's gotta be all about me me me and my high end sports car. You forgot one thing- for the most part redneck truck guys built this province. You me me me fucks just sign the cheques.
Holy fuck, you're an idiot. Everything about you is idiotic; from everything you say to your "I'm-so-desperate-to-be-cool-I'm-gonna-shit-on-protecting-the-environment" avatar.
STFU already.

Integra10
07-08-2010, 07:59 PM

I think Pollywog is the most connected guy on beyond.:rofl: :rofl:

To that idiot that said "What if you ran a red light and t-boned that guy in the lifted truck." If you t boned him you would be the one taking the blunt of the damage. What would you hit? His foot? I have been t boned by some douche who ran a stop sign in a lifted truck. I was driving a Celica. Needless to say my car was a write off and I needed three months of Physio while she walked away without a scratch. Lifted trucks = douchebags. Douchebags with small wieners.

TT-fast
07-08-2010, 08:52 PM
u all live in Calgary or were born here right? so almost 8/10 cars on the roads are trucks or suvs, i would say at least 1 or 2 out of 10 trucks on the road are lifted even by a little or a lot. my statistics may be off but its reality of Calgary its so common here.

what happens if a stock truck collides with a lowered car ur gonna get the short end of the stick anyway. so just chill lots of douche truck drivers out there yes and also lots of douche car drivers, fact is u cant use stereotypes as ur reason to bash truck drivers for lifted trucks.

u can go bitch to the cops and ur buddies as much as u want but in the end like some said earlier its a lose-lose situation, im sick of getting hassled for exhaust and tint from cops because of my car being jdm or lowered, and yes i get pissed off when i get pulled over for exhaust and truck roars by with a 5 1/2 inch muffler, with no mudflaps,

so to the point, don't report them, it might come back around to bite u in the ass

dsr7723
07-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Holy fuck, you're an idiot. Everything about you is idiotic; from everything you say to your "I'm-so-desperate-to-be-cool-I'm-gonna-shit-on-protecting-the-environment" avatar.
STFU already.

:thumbsup: loud and proud cracker!

SKR
07-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Integra10

I think Pollywog is the most connected guy on beyond.:rofl: :rofl:

To that idiot that said "What if you ran a red light and t-boned that guy in the lifted truck." If you t boned him you would be the one taking the blunt of the damage. What would you hit? His foot? I have been t boned by some douche who ran a stop sign in a lifted truck. I was driving a Celica. Needless to say my car was a write off and I needed three months of Physio while she walked away without a scratch. Lifted trucks = douchebags. Douchebags with small wieners.

I always thought that I spoke and wrote English. I guess I don't. Because there's no fucking way that now four people have read my posts as saying that the driver of a car would be better off hitting a lifted truck than a stock height truck. (Edit: Apparently it won't matter anyway, but for clarification, I have been saying that the driver of a car would be worse off, and the driver of the truck would be much better off with a lift than at stock height.)

I seriously don't understand, especially for such a throwaway comment. I guess I truly am an idiot.

Sugarphreak
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Integra10
07-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by SKR

I always thought that I spoke and wrote English. I guess I don't. Because there's no fucking way that now four people have read my posts as saying that the driver of a car would be better off hitting a lifted truck than a stock height truck. (Edit: Apparently it won't matter anyway, but for clarification, I have been saying that the driver of a car would be worse off, and the driver of the truck would be much better off with a lift than at stock height.)

I seriously don't understand, especially for such a throwaway comment. I guess I truly am an idiot.

So what you're saying is lift your truck to make yourself safer and fuck everybody else? Please clarify for me as I apparently have a problem with English.

dsr7723
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM

Stop shitting up my thread. That has nothing to do with jacked up trucks.

Next time I see this asshole or any other goat fucking redneck in a ridiculously jacked truck I'm phoning it in.

If I need to pay special care when driving around trucks like this then they're obviously a hazard and have no place on the road in the first place.

Cool, I'll make sure to roll coal on every faggoty ass rice burning S-2000 I see then. Judging by your avatar you drive one right?

Deal?

Unknown303
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Cool, I'll make sure to roll coal on every faggoty ass rice burning S-2000 I see then. Deal? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I think truckers just declared war on ricers. :rofl: I might have to pick up another diesel if this picks up any speed.

BerserkerCatSplat
07-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by SKR

Because there's no fucking way that now four people have read my posts as saying that the driver of a car would be better off hitting a lifted truck than a stock height truck.

Nobody reads anything anymore. :nut:

SKR
07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Integra10

So what you're saying is lift your truck to make yourself safer and fuck everybody else? Please clarify for me as I apparently have a problem with English.

No.

Originally posted by Me

That's it. A throwaway comment to point out that for all the downsides, for the guy in it there's one upside. Then everybody else decided that I meant that the one upside outweighs all the downsides, and that I must be an asshole. Even though I have said that that's not what I meant, nor did I say anything like it in the first place.

If it's still unclear, fuck it I guess. I don't know how else to say it.

2EFNFAST
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Lifted trucks are cool; if I were into trucks, I'd lift it even higher, add smoke stacks, and a power programmer that SPEWS the black smoke whenever you stab the throttle.

:burnout:

Disoblige
07-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Lifted trucks are cool; if I were into trucks, I'd lift it even higher, add smoke stacks, and a power programmer that SPEWS the black smoke whenever you stab the throttle.

:burnout:
Do that with your Cobra now :rofl: :clap:

2EFNFAST
07-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Do that with your Cobra now :rofl: :clap:

it's not a diesel :(

nor is it a truck :(

Screw it; I'll just buy an F650 and lift it up :thumbsup:

Disoblige
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

it's not a diesel :(

nor is it a truck :(

Screw it; I'll just buy an F650 and lift it up :thumbsup:
Dare you to! Just run over that tiny-ass Chevy..

http://photos.webridestv.com/datastore/images/user/6bba49dac4da39a373f3bc3d5af311d8/Lifted_Ford_F650_17857_20080123_l.jpg

4lti
07-09-2010, 12:00 AM

I was waiting in traffic and I saw this HUGE truck speeding towards me.
Well im stuck in the MIDDLE of traffic.
What do I do?

He runs us all the fuck over like we wernt even there.

How the fuck do I avoid him then?
The whole god dam side of his truck is a blind spot.

I could just be trying to pass him real quick when douch canoe decides hes gonna lane change.
Oh he looks over and no ones there sick.
Wait my car is lower then his ENTIRE trucks cabin.

freshprince1
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Didn't read the thread...too long.

But I can't believe you'd go out of your way to report this? Are you really that bored and anal? I guess I'll start reportin all the tinted front windows I see. I think it's lame, and it's dangerous too you know...reduces your visibility at night.

I don't have any particular affinity towards lifted trucks...nor do I detest tinted fronts with particular vehemence. But reporting a lifted truck just seems a little anal retentive to me.

Edit: I guess we should also report the cars lowered below 40mm as well, since they are also not complying with the law. That too can be dangerous. You know, they could hit some debris on the road that a normal car would clear, thereby causing an accident on Deerfoot and kill hundreds of people.

dansmith11
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM

What do I do?

I could just be trying to pass him real quick when douch canoe decides hes gonna lane change.

a stock F-350, a dump truck, cement truck, semi truck etc. will all be just as dangerous to you in those situations. should we ban those too?

theres always going to be fluke situations you cant control in which you could get killed. such is life. do we really need to go around taking away something another person enjoys to prevent those 1 in a million chance situations?

and who should get to decdie where we draw these lines? its a matter of prespective. your car is just as dangerous to a biker as that thing is to you. and a semi truck is just as dangerous to that giant truck as that giant truck is to you.

hes a bigger vehicle then you, and therefore has the potentional to bring harm to you. its understable why that doesnt sit well with you. self preservation is the most basic instinct we have. but if you take a step back and really look at it objectively, how is you wanting to ban what he likes any different then a biker trying to ban cars so he can feel safer? or some soccer mom trying to force all cars to be goverened at 100km/h so no one has the ability to speed so she'll feel safer? can you see the parrellels there?

bottom line is, theres other people out there who dont like what your doing either, how would you feel if someone wanted to take away your toys so they can feel a little safer? im guessing you wouldnt be too happy about it. so why are you trying to do it to this guy?

I just think people need to have more understading for each other and consider the other guys point of view before you start calling the police and trying to take away something another person truley enjoys just in case something MIGHT go bad. you can find someone who thinks ANYTHING is dangerous. if we start banning everything that could potentional hurt someone we'd all have to live in plastic bubbles and never go outside.

and remember if you really feel this unsafe driving, theres nothing stopping you from selling your car and buying a big lifted truck like this guy.

canadian.eh84
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
common everyone let not crush all white boys dreams ;)
we all gotta have our toys
why they hate :dunno:

2EFNFAST
07-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Dare you to! Just run over that tiny-ass Chevy..

http://photos.webridestv.com/datastore/images/user/6bba49dac4da39a373f3bc3d5af311d8/Lifted_Ford_F650_17857_20080123_l.jpg

that is just awesome :rofl:

derran.m
07-09-2010, 11:49 AM

What do I do?

Sorry, I got this far and I had to intercede...
Commercial truck/trailers are the same damn thing, so are transit buses, blah blah blah Are you going to start reporting them when you carelessly pull up beside them and they smack beside you when you come ripping up beside them in their blind spot?

I hear about it all the time ...

Hell think of it this way
Semi truck comes ripping up behind you while you're stuck in traffic, and he's about to puree you from the rear ... how do you avoid that?

Yes they are personal vehicles, not commercial vehicles, but the principal is still the same.

My 2 cents ... plus I'm a redneck who lives outside the city with a jacked up truck!

Nissan_Fanboy
07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
http://pix.hotornot.com/pics/brands/ERGQK/FRPVLVMMRHAMUXQRUKYT.jpg

something like this, is reasonable and clean.
something like the op, is nuts .
i admire listed trucks, they are the same as lowered cars in a sense, but whose gunna stop them ?
calling in every lifted or lowered vehicle is just going to piss ALOT of people off.

= ) my two cents

JfuckinC
07-09-2010, 12:15 PM
dude, that stinger would go through your side window and crush your skul in a normal vehicle........

I love big trucks :poosie:

johnboy27
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by derran.m

Sorry, I got this far and I had to intercede...
Commercial truck/trailers are the same damn thing, so are transit buses, blah blah blah Are you going to start reporting them when you carelessly pull up beside them and they smack beside you when you come ripping up beside them in their blind spot?

I hear about it all the time ...

Hell think of it this way
Semi truck comes ripping up behind you while you're stuck in traffic, and he's about to puree you from the rear ... how do you avoid that?

Yes they are personal vehicles, not commercial vehicles, but the principal is still the same.

My 2 cents ... plus I'm a redneck who lives outside the city with a jacked up truck!
Not sure if you noticed it but commercial vehicles like tractor trailers etc have legal bumpers, not bumpers that are inline to crush an innocent persons skull. They are within the laws, they also have convex mirrors to help with blind spots, makes them a bit safer than some rednecks lifted truck. Also, my work truck has a 6-8 inch lift on it but the bumper is modified so that it is within the legal limits.
Also, commercial vehicle have brakes that were built to handle their weight whereas most rednecks take off the 15" wheels and mout 20" wheels wit monstrous mud tires increasing their stopping distances.

psycoticclown
07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by johnboy27

Not sure if you noticed it but commercial vehicles like tractor trailers etc have legal bumpers, not bumpers that are inline to crush an innocent persons skull. They are within the laws, they also have convex mirrors to help with blind spots, makes them a bit safer than some rednecks lifted truck. Also, my work truck has a 6-8 inch lift on it but the bumper is modified so that it is within the legal limits.
Also, commercial vehicle have brakes that were built to handle their weight whereas most rednecks take off the 15" wheels and mout 20" wheels wit monstrous mud tires increasing their stopping distances.

:werd:

They have proper safety pieces in place, this truck clearly doesn't. Bumper literally would clear most sedans roof.

FraserB
07-10-2010, 02:11 AM

The only laws for TRUCKS that I could find for lift are not more than 55" to center line of headlight and mud flaps covering the entire track width to the centerline. By this, a lot of trucks on dealer lots are not street legal.

Most people who PROPERLY modify vehicles also increase the stopping ability of the brakes. Better calipers, pads, rotors and brake lines do a ton for stopping power. I think its safe to say that people using a 3"-4" body lift are not interested in doing the job right to increase the performance and abilities of the vehicle. Being able to "bling" out your truck is one thing, getting it so it will flex so far you can drop coils unless they are retained is another.

dkatwa
07-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Just out of interest, how much do trucks pay in road tax (in the UK, it is called Vehicle Excise Duty but it is a road tax by any other name!)?

I mean, if people decided to put bigger wheels etc on their trucks and since the weight necessarily goes up, I presume more money is paid for road tax?

I can't imagine the wheels/ tyres would be cheap but at least not many people would try to take those wheels off and run away with them!

Me personally, I don't think my knees are strong enough to climb all the way up into that cab...looks like a steep slope.....!

freshprince1
07-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by dkatwa
Just out of interest, how much do trucks pay in road tax (in the UK, it is called Vehicle Excise Duty but it is a road tax by any other name!)?

I mean, if people decided to put bigger wheels etc on their trucks and since the weight necessarily goes up, I presume more money is paid for road tax?

I can't imagine the wheels/ tyres would be cheap but at least not many people would try to take those wheels off and run away with them!

Me personally, I don't think my knees are strong enough to climb all the way up into that cab...looks like a steep slope.....!

There is no Road Tax here. Only registration and insurance. Registration is the same for all cars of the same class of license I believe.

A friend at work was telling my of the various taxes in the UK. You also have a TV tax right? That blows.

Cos
07-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1

A friend at work was telling my of the various taxes in the UK. You also have a TV tax right? That blows.

It pays for the BBC, hence why we cant legally watch it outside the UK because we dont pay the BBC Tax.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Just as more a point of clarification; while I understand and agree with your concerns about it being a potential hazard, I don't really understand why you re singling out trucks like this from all the other heavy weights on the road.

Semi Trucks, Cement Trucks, Service Vehicles, dump trucks, tow trucks.... ect.. all have the capacity to do as much if not more damage than this vehicle if they are in a crash.

I would say that if the guy is driving like a douche and posing a hazard on the road then 100% report him. However if he is just pussy footing it around and practicing safe driving then he poses no more risk to you than any of the above mentioned vehicles.

Even more to the point, ANY car has the capacity to kill. 100 lifted trucks with safe drivers is still safer than 1 douche ricer.

Safety starts and ends with the driver, his behavior and maintenance of the vehicle ultimately will determine if he gets into an accident which is his fault.

+1

Originally posted by FraserB

The only laws for TRUCKS that I could find for lift are not more than 55" to center line of headlight and mud flaps covering the entire track width to the centerline. By this, a lot of trucks on dealer lots are not street legal.

Most people who PROPERLY modify vehicles also increase the stopping ability of the brakes. Better calipers, pads, rotors and brake lines do a ton for stopping power. I think its safe to say that people using a 3"-4" body lift are not interested in doing the job right to increase the performance and abilities of the vehicle. Being able to "bling" out your truck is one thing, getting it so it will flex so far you can drop coils unless they are retained is another.

Do you have a link to the mudflap one? I have heard that before but I cant find mudflaps that will fit with my AT's.

g-m
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
BBC is soooooooooo good. Even paying Shaw will only give me shitty BBCCA which is rerun central from 2003.

dkatwa
07-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Yes, we have a TV tax here. I think it is £140 for a colour one and about half that for a black/ white one. If you have both types, you only pay for the colour one - bargain eh?! I think the household TV covers the TV in the car too, so a double bargain!

Actually, it is a pile of rubbish....it is used to pay for the BBC and it's plethora of world wide services, most of which 99% of the people in the UK don't use.

The salaries of some of the BBC executives is mindblowing.:dunno:

Can't wait to leave the UK...all the taxes I have to pay and get nothing in return, except hearing about asylum seekers getting rent paid on a £2 million house in Central London...WTF........

g-m
07-15-2010, 11:35 PM
yea we have that too except we call them 'refugees'

Cos
07-26-2010, 11:05 AM

I meant to post this a while ago, but putting 20's on your civic or whatever hatch back that was designed for 16's is much much worse for stopping then a truck.

My F150 is designed with FULL LOAD (I.e. a two ton trailer or bricks in the back of the truck) so putting 35's instead of my 32's is no different on the brakes then guys who have their work truck being used. The only time the brakes could be compromised is if he is lifted with big tires and AT CAPACITY for towing or bed weight.

Your civic was designed to have 4 fat asses in it and some gear. Get a 20 year old with a big sub box, three buddies, and big rims and I would say proportionally the brakes are overworked much more than a modestly lifted truck.

JZS_147
07-26-2010, 01:50 PM
I love how whenever you see these lifted trucks with all these off road parts, like suspension and winches, etc, they're always clean hahaha.

Sugarphreak
07-26-2010, 02:01 PM

torob
07-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Didn't see a point in making a new thread...

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8711/img20100730160930.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6853/img20100730161019.jpg

Sugarphreak
07-30-2010, 04:38 PM

FraserB
07-30-2010, 04:45 PM
:rofl: I think most people would Sugarphreak. That truck also has flares and tires that do not protrude, as well as the flaps. At least hes making an effort.

torob
07-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Yup its nothing rediculars... but i thought i'd post it up anyway, i took it to have on my phone

Mibz
07-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Well, at least he has matte mud flaps... Fixed. It seems that whenever I'm driving with the sun behind me I get some fucko with chrome mudflaps in front of me.

Gibson
07-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Alright, that most recently posted truck with the mudflaps is absolutely hideous. That first picture of the truck from behind...I just can't fathom walking out to that in the morning and thinking, yes...that is a good look.

needsawhip
08-23-2010, 09:00 PM
OK I think we have a new champ, Check out this F-350 on edmonton kijiji, 49'' tires..... over 10' tall...

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=166447484&back=-8&ImageIndex=2

Unknown303
08-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by needsawhip
OK I think we have a new champ, Check out this F-350 on edmonton kijiji, 49'' tires..... over 10' tall...

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=166447484&back=-8&ImageIndex=2

That is sweet! :rofl: :rofl:

dsr7723
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Well, at least he has mud flaps...

On a side note I think I scared a diesel guy today, I pulled in behind him pretty quick and he spooked... blew a bunch of black smoke and took off, kind of reminded me of how an octopus inks when it gets scared :rofl:

Did that happen to be wb on John Laurie approaching Nose Hill Drive? U rock some MMA look, all covered in tattoos with a red mohawk?

EDIT: Never mind, my run in was on a Sunday, July 30th was a Friday.

Redlyne_mr2
08-24-2010, 10:57 PM
There is a right way and a wrong way. The truck originally posted is the wrong way. That's moronically to high just like is idiotic to lower a car way to low.

Sugarphreak
08-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Cos
08-25-2010, 03:58 PM

haha, looked up the cost of a 49" Interco Super Swamper... my guess is he paid around 900$ a tire.

Shit, that isnt bad considering my 35's were 350 a tire.

star-k
09-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by g-m

Holy Frick, that truck is dangerous! how can these drivers even think about doing such things?? do they not know they can KILL someone if they are not paying attention? i mean, not just lowered cars are at risk, small cars, people, pedestrians, ***KIDS*** old folks, animals, etc.

This guy is a danger to traffic... I wish he'd lower his truck.

star-k
09-13-2010, 11:12 PM

I'd say the amount of lowering a car is about 3" max, a truck, you can lift it like 10" 20" ifyou want..

A big lifted truck may be a risk to the general population of drivers as the lifted truck driver MAY not see the stuff immediately in front of him.

A lowered vehicle is may also be dangerous because if your lowered, your immediate vision ahead is slightly reduced.

Either way, it's not safe to lower your car to extreme or "Jack up" your truck to extremes.

What do you guys think about those drivers that have the jacked up truck with the swinging ball sacks swaying back and forth? I saw one that was like pink and literally both the "balls" where the size of large grapefruits. I can understand why, I still laughed though.